[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

54 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I like Lee Chang Wook. He reminds me of Sunny Again Tomorrow. He is cheerful and lightens  the gloomy atmosphere of the drama 

You mean Lee Chang Wook, TI's lawyer friend?

or the Lee Chang Wook, the actor who is Han Ji Hoon in this drama?

Sorry..i havent been able to watch SUnny Again yet

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yukiyukiku said:

You mean Lee Chang Wook, TI's lawyer friend?

or the Lee Chang Wook, the actor who is Han Ji Hoon in this drama?

Sorry..i havent been able to watch SUnny Again yet

She is talking about Han Ji Hoon.  He was the Male lead in Sunny Again.  
@yukiyukiku Check the box for GIF he was the Second Male lead 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ae9dba76f259481ded

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, maribella said:

Anyway Lmangla's robot is still on his protecting ED mode

kekeke... he is not my robot! tae in is not my favourite character in this series as he is too much of a robot for me. :lol:

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone Can I some spoiler for Episode 32

I NEED TO KNOW IF CHA EUN DONG HAS GRADUATED TO BEING SMART 

LOL... have yet to watch as I got caught with work but this question makes me laugh. was watching this turkish drama over the weekend where I mostly groaned at the stupidity of both the male lead and female lead. I kept wanting to mutter at my computer screen "please use your brain people".  in fact, am just watching for the villains. so given that stupidity level, have gained a new appreciation for eun dong's half brain. it is all relative! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

She is talking about Han Ji Hoon.  He was the Male lead in Sunny Again.  
@yukiyukiku Check the box for GIF he was the Second Male lead 

Reveal hidden contents

ohhh ...now i remember 

Spoiler

yeaaa...that lee chang wook's character & the 2nd female lead who was also the villian loved each other & married

but then divorced (?) 

i only watched a few clips because of Seol In Na after watching her i Running Man & prev KBS Weekend Beautiful Life

:wub: thank you @UnniSarah for even posting the pix 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

So Robot boy falls on his sword to save ED ..... you would think that would FINALLY put aside all doubt on her part, but I guess that now depends which half of her brain was engaged at the meeting ..... at least she finally got a wardrobe update - that B&W business suit was sharp.

The Harpies evil daughter shall henceforth be referred to as Klutz ..... BTW for all you HJH shippers, there's your new girl  :lol:

Yes, I'm serious - consider ... there are already enough characters that hate/are suspicious of ED, one more makes absolutely no sense.  So for the next few episodes sit back and enjoy watching the Klutz chase HJH, watch her get mad/jealous of ED, and then once she discovers that ED isn't interested in HJH she'll help ED to try to weasel into HJHs good graces - in the end she makes amends with ED and she gets HJH - you heard it here first :lol:

So when TI was looking through the pictures of him and ED on his phone, and he pauses on the pic that looks like ED is leaning in for a kiss ..... you can just hear his thoughts ....  " ... yeah, that's my new screen-saver... "  :joy:

Chairman Han now knows who EDs dad is - the dots are being connected.

MH is scaring TIs Mom again, no surprise there ..... cuz MH is scary

HWs - not preggers - secret is out ... yeah that lasted about 2 episodes

ED took the files off her laptop .... she is dumb but not so dumb :lol:

At the last meeting, I just had to laugh at HJH, he was only about 5-6 steps behind everyone else in the room.

And finally, on the topic of ...  " I didn't see that one coming "   Hospital Chairman knew Klutz was in the house the whole time ... BRAVO!

P.S. - someone needs to smack CJH ... hard .... real hard ... like glasses fly off hard ...

LCO

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So when TI was looking through the pictures of him and ED on his phone, and he pauses on the pic that looks like ED is leaning in for a kiss ..... you can just hear his thoughts ....  " ... yeah, that's my new screen-saver... "  :joy:

You got me their:D.....I too observed how TI stared at that last pic.....I was like wait ....are you enjoying it:wub:

In next episode things seem normal for TI,his mom's SoS to Chairman Han did seem to work, I think.

Oh dear SJ, I agree you are miserable. But girl, you made a wrong choice. In fact any girl other then ED will be miserable with TI.Coz that guy is in love with his Guilt ! He is unworthy of any love until he gets over that guilt .

Ah that last scene , the way TI looked at ED his thoughts .... " ..maaa girl I will protect you ":heart:

No ED you are not losing that job, No.Now you  are an  official TI crush  and of  HJH you always were !

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone Can I some spoiler for Episode 32

I NEED TO KNOW IF CHA EUN DONG HAS GRADUATED TO BEING SMART 

CJH is at his usual making a fool of his vicious self by holding a disciplinary meeting against TI and ED. He wants to bring both of them down or at least TI. But we know that TI will go another notch up in the Chairman's books. 

The melodrama :phew: when CJH accused TI of deliberately employing a questionable person - ex convict... blah blah. So TI admitted to harassing ED ( omitted the word sexual which CJH had used) so that she would be saved from incriminating herself.

This drama is relatively slow if you consider that it takes 32 episodes for us to get the official noble idiot, KTI. I am surprised the actors do not find the whole set up hilarious and burst out laughing. I must say Korean actors are in general better than other subbed dramas that I have seen - maybe that is how they can keep a straight face.

I am going to just read this forum for the next few episodes, watching will be too painful. ED gave TI the fish-mouth look when TI made his grand gesture.   I thought ED was thinking 'fool, idiot, I have not finished bringing you down' thankfully there were flashbacks or I would have been totally wrong. Yes, as the song goes the old familiar feelings for TI are back and she without doubt will turn into another noble idiot. 

No, she has not acquired any smarts,  just lost her spunk too.

My HJH-ED ship is sunk :(. SJ is going to get more screen time, but I am rather disappointed in her character development. 

This episode seems to confirm  the main pairing. The show seems to get more crowded with storylines, maybe to attract more audience. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, maribella said:

SJ is going to get more screen time, but I am rather disappointed in her character development. 

IKR! She's one of my fav character in this drama. But why, writer-nim why? Please don't let her become a crazy ex-fiancee. Jaebal.. 

It is just me, but I don't feel any chemistry between ED and TI? Or is it because I'am ED-HJH shipper? Or is it because TI is a robot? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, gutibear said:

IKR! She's one of my fav character in this drama. But why, writer-nim why? Please don't let her become a crazy ex-fiancee. Jaebal.. 

It is just me, but I don't feel any chemistry between ED and TI? Or is it because I'am ED-HJH shipper? Or is it because TI is a robot? 

@gutibear  EXPECT SCENES LIKE THIS  Ko Se Won  smiling  It because TI is. Robot  and You love HJH 

Spoiler

Ko Se Won  smiling 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292c5a7f649d615db3c7

This drama main point is that Kang Tae In betrayed Cha Eun Dong. This episode “ I think has finally showed us the Main Couple”. Tae In will always be the Nobel idiot because he betrayed. That is why we saw the flashbacks of each of their scenes that was important. He chose to take the fall because she told him he better not 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29510ca43df8e6be5c42
Tae In is seeking redemption because he is race with guilt. This guilt is actually killing him. When she gave him the gift, did you see how her feet did “ I LIKE YOU” Fingers all sweaty . She had it bad for him.  Maybe it will never happen who knows. 

@LeftCoastOppa Here is Klutz for you 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e853380ffa561de08b

You are correct she will be marrying HJH. HJH will plead and try to fight it but eventually he will end up marrying her. We all know Joon Hyuk will do whatever it takes to get closer to JoonHyuk. He will also scheme so that his sister will get her wish to marry HJH. :angry:
@yukiyukiku
  for you giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c21e8bbb9f437742c0

Edit 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e853380ffa561de08b

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I am going to just read this forum for the next few episodes, watching will be too painful. ED gave TI the fish-mouth look when TI made his grand gesture.   I thought ED was thinking 'fool, idiot, I have not finished bringing you down' thankfully there were flashbacks or I would have been totally wrong. Yes, as the song goes the old familiar feelings for TI are back and she without doubt will turn into another noble idiot. 

No, she has not acquired any smarts,  just lost her spunk too.

yea..i can relate 

me too feel kind of uninterested

I can barely finish 30min eps in 1 sitting :crazy:

After few min, always stop to go the restroom, eat lunch/dinner, and/or run some works

Just bc the lockdown have affected much of my time usage, im so bored not doing something

while waiting for weekly new eps of Hospital Playlist

well..it's kind of expected for the female lead to be stupid to some degree since it's only eps 32 of total 100

but yea...i can't bear watching the whole eps in 1 sitting 

at least for now

2 hours ago, gutibear said:

i think your profile pix is more like a human with white hood, while yess... TI is an actual robot with human skin who only occasionally smile

Now that the war has escalated, i think the chemistry is somehow different between TI & ED

It's obvious that ED's feeling toward TI never changed, perhaps that's why she hated him for his betrayal thus vowed for his downfall

And now that ED knew CJH twisted some truth in order to get her misunderstood TI, her hatred toward TI has diminished

I get the feel somehow TI has looked ED with different eyes..perhaps he has now seen her as a woman, not not a little girl anymore (?)

Do you get different feeling?

Edit:
@UnniSarah :joy: your pix of Junkyung is so funny

Seeing her character is back now, i hope she's back to be a bully

so her being a klutz can be like a refreshment in a heavy revenge drama

Edit:

@UnniSarah :joy::joy: thank you for the pix

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okay guys, putting the snark aside for the moment, I have a serious question -

Is what you saw in those pics of ED & TI "that" bad?

TI is in no way holding her, he never kissed her, and even in her hug pic, his hands are CLEARLY at his sides -

Now considering how prevalent drinking seems in Korean culture as presented, wouldn't it have been more believable/forgivable if TI had merely said yeah I got alittle drunk and she helped me home - the pics show nothing else -

I get that as a Director he probably shouldn't be seen drinking with his Secretary but all the pics were outside so she could claim she just ran into him and decided to help him get home .... its not like she took him to a Hotel

What do you think?

On the subject of SJ, I agree - I thought she was going to be the cold calculating (maybe evil) that MH turned out to be.

Question - Do you think SJ will go the psychotic fiancee route? - I hope she doesn't but if she does it better be for a better reason than just those pics .... unless of course she finds it on TIs computer, and he actually did make that "almost kiss" his screensaver :lol:

She has my vote for sharpest dressed of the drama so far - B)

@UnniSarah - Thanks - can you give us Klutz when she face plants into the door HJH shuts on her :lol:

3 hours ago, gutibear said:

@gutibear - all of the above! :lol:

@yukiyukiku - don't feel bad for not being able to finish an episode - I feel bad because I was actually 5 min late for work once while watching this :rolleyes:

LCO

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

TI is in no way holding her, he never kissed her, and even in her hug pic, his hands are CLEARLY at his sides -

@LeftCoastOppa Chingu I am worst than you. I was late for work because I was trying to write a long comment for this drama because of all the frustration I feel when watching Tae In and Eun Dong. 
Watching Eun Dong having complicated feelings for Tae In is so funny. She wanted to destroy him but when it was about to happen, she is so worried for him. I am like Girl “Make up your mind.” When he decided to take the fall for you, shouldn’t she be happy??? Although she is mad at him, she is always listening to his advice. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292bf6326efd303b18e7

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2986fb78f5665b732c35

In Kdrama land these picturale indecent. I wonder it maybe because this is Korea and not USA. It maybe also be because of their culture that is why it is wrong. The pictures was also photoshopped. I love the fact TI kept thinking about scene when she hugged him. He actually shuddered. Guys watch that scene again. It was nicely done by Ko Se Wan. 

Do you see how hard Joonhyuk is working hard to destroy TI. I can’t wait fo Rhin to be destroyed. I was so tired of JH’s smirk. He is giving me the hee bie jee bies. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2986fb78f5665b732c35

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@UnniSarah - Thank You!

I loved that scene with Klutz :lol:  She's on the fast track to becoming my favorite character in this drama!

Believe me, I know how frustrating ED's actions can be, and knowing this drama, even after remembering she crushed on TI, I still can't say for certain she won't hate him again in another episode or two :rolleyes:

LCO

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

@UnniSarah - Thank You!

I loved that scene with Klutz :lol:  She's on the fast track to becoming my favorite character in this drama!

Believe me, I know how frustrating ED's actions can be, and knowing this drama, even after remembering she crushed on TI, I still can't say for certain she won't hate him again in another episode or two :rolleyes:

LCO

So very true but I don’t think so. There are no more secrets between  them. She knows his father has her father’s heart. I think knowing Kang II Sub has her father’s heart, he wears her fathers’s beads. These are signs that will certainly change Eun Dong’s hatred toward TI. 

i know someone suggested that Cha Eun Chan maybe Joon Hyuk’s child but I kinda doubt it. Joon Hyuk has been in love with Oh Hye Won ans was sleeping with him already. We never saw another woman with him. 
I have been pondering on this for a long time. Joon Hyuk is a good liar. I was wondering what if , I mean a big IF  Oh Hye Won lied about the abortion but gave up her child. . 
Nah Nah never mind  I must be grasping at straws . Can someone let me know when exactly did Hye Won have the abortion???

• Like 4

Okay guys, putting the snark aside for the moment, I have a serious question -

Now considering how prevalent drinking seems in Korean culture as presented, wouldn't it have been more believable/forgivable if TI had merely said yeah I got alittle drunk and she helped me home - the pics show nothing else -

I get that as a Director he probably shouldn't be seen drinking with his Secretary but all the pics were outside so she could claim she just ran into him and decided to help him get home .... its not like she took him to a Hotel

What do you think?

I agree with @UnniSarah i think it may be because of conservative Korean's culture

Also, everyone in the company most probably know that TI & SJ is in a relationship, and their parents already had a meeting

Though it wasnt really going well

So it may be in their perception TI is not exactly a single person

On the subject of SJ, I agree - I thought she was going to be the cold calculating (maybe evil) that MH turned out to be.

Question - Do you think SJ will go the psychotic fiancee route? - I hope she doesn't but if she does it better be for a better reason than just those pics .... unless of course she finds it on TIs computer, and he actually did make that "almost kiss" his screensaver :lol:

She has my vote for sharpest dressed of the drama so far - B)

Like some people said earlier...the way SJ has behaved, i think she has a strong tendency to be like her Mom

She may not always agree with her Mom on some issues

But, other that tendency, they have other similarity..hungry for love/attention/care

I dont think MH was ever loved by Chairman Han, so is SJ by TI

Although IF both males character indeed love them respectively, it doesnt guarantee they would not turn to power hungry monster

But, lack of love/care certainly trigger them to be ones

Hungry for power, then abuse her power...i think it also runs in their families, MH SJ CJH & their families

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

I dont think MH was ever loved by Chairman Han, so is SJ by TI

Although IF both males character indeed love them respectively, it doesnt guarantee they would not turn to power hungry monster

Hungry for power, then abuse her power...i think it also runs in their families, MH SJ CJH & their families

@yukiyukiku  I think she made the Chairman not love her. She never warmed up to HJH. She never tried but would always treat him like someone else son. She loves SJ ans crave the company. She was so careful to hide her greed but now that HJH is being recognized, she feels threatened. Another thing Chairman Han has no respect for her brother or nephew. What like most rich people refuses to understand, is that Respect MUST BE EARNED NOT FIVEN FREELY. They believe only the Rich are respectful. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yukiyukiku said:

Hungry for power, then abuse her power...i think it also runs in thei r families, MH SJ CJH & their families

I am betting they are from a very ordinary family and Dr.Choi got into med school, his father worked himself to death etc. to help Choi in med school. So once there is a doctor in the house, the sister becomes ambitious, dumps her jailbird husband and snares HJH's father.

I really hope the ending will disentangle the Chois from the Hans, which means MY and Chairman break up. They are a poisonous family. Terrible if cheerful HJH is paired with CJH's sister - a school bully,  air-brain and most likely spendthrift, with mother, father and brother  from the viper pits.

Ne'ertheless the 100 odd episode drama does not allow anyone to end without redemption. It has 120 episodes, the last 10 will be on whitewashing the evil family.

@UnniSarah It did occur to me that we may get HW's baby to be alive. She has almost killed TI's father to help CJH, that is very bad for a doctor. But from that point onwards, she is rolling downhill, any step she has taken stems from that one bad decision. She is feisty, only MY can keep her down. She may be redeemed since she has a valuable skill and is qualified. Send her to  Africa.  

We really don't know the educational background of SJ and MY. They are both directors based on their relationship to the Chairman.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

36 minutes ago, maribella said:

It did occur to me that we may get HW's baby to be alive. She has almost killed TI's father to help CJH, that is very bad for a doctor. But from that point onwards, she is rolling downhill, any step she has taken stems from that one bad decision. She is feisty, only MY can keep her down. She may be redeemed since she has a valuable skill and is qualified. Send her to  Africa.

This scenario looks like it could break this EVIL COUPLE UP once and for all especially if OH has no idea her child is alive. @maribella

@gutibear  THANK YOU SO MUCHBFOR THE VIDEO. LOL LOL LOL 

My happy dance 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29dbdd40f87309b22e77

• Like 1
  • LOL 3