[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

I don’t believe I can take much more of this ED idiocy.  Why is she so quick to believe whatever these nasty people tell her, when she knows full well what they did to her?  She’s being so unfair to the only person with a contrite heart.  He told her that he would tell her everything.  However, TI is being a secretive coward.  His guilt over something he did not do is ridiculous.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but he didn’t know from the onset that his father was getting the heart of ED’s father.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

Their age gap is sure big

i estimate when they 1st met TI was already in early 30s while ED was a senior highschooler

It's not the age gap that I am not comfortable with, it's calling someone uncle, then date him. It's as if he's the brother of her parent. :unsure: But I have heard guys calling older love interest noona, not ajumma. 

She is changing her approach, actually asking him if he wants her to go to HJH and the preview ends with her asking him about being afraid of liking her.

It is a bit early for the writer to pair them off, it's only ep. 28. 

SJ is in for a rough time. Her stylist is getting cosy with her future in laws, her cousin's wife defies her and now another cousin is back. Worse, her stepbrother is performing better at work. Much as I prefer SJ-TI pairing, we have not seen them alone together even once but we have seen TI-ED drinking together many times. Signs of future episodes? :(

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Saja La said:

Oh, i thought TI was around 28-29 in the first episodes and ED was 20. So, in the current episode, TI should be 36 and ED should be 27. That gap seems ok to me... TI is successful now is due to him working in New York, US, and knowing Korean society, if you have work overseas like US, when you come back to Korea, you are a hotshot.... 

I also thought Tae In was in his mid twenties not thirties. I have been trying to find out how old is this character but no luck. I do know that ED was 19 at the time she got locked up. I agree the Gap seems okay to me too. 

3 hours ago, Saja La said:

Do you remember the  k-drama secrets staring  same cast as kill me heal me? I think ED will be the male character of Secrets and TI will be the female character in Secrets.... ED can hurt TI as much as possible but once another person hurts TI, ED will also that will be hurt too. ED will try her  to get TI to spill out TI's secrets.... Maybe , just maybe, TI will get hurt in order for ED to finally develop the other half of her missing brain. Personally i hope that HJH will be the reckless person that will plan to hurt TI to so called "excuse" coz of ED and not coz of the real reason, his jealousy of TI... ED will then needed to choose friend (HJH) or love (TI) 

@Saja La I remember this drama, I was so obsessed with it. This is a drama where you can rewatch whenever the mood strikes you. I agree with your assesment. Cha Eun Dong is  Jo Min Hyuk ( Ji Sung) and Kang Tae-In is Kang Yoo Jung ( Hwang Jung Eum). Midway to the drama the roles were reverse and Jo Min Hyuk also learned that Kang Yoo Jung was a victim too.  I recommend Secret Love to all the fans in this forum check it here

Question I have been wondering is Cha Eun Chan Eun Dong 's child??? I don't recall seeing a woman living with them at the time when he was an infant???

I haven't watched episode 27 yet can anyone tell me if it is worth the watch?? 

@Lmangla @maribella @

@calledtoteach  I agree  too but she is still in pain. I believe while she was in jail , she didn't really grieve for the death of her father. WHich pushes her to lash out whenever her pain needs to be release or she hears something about that incident. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@UnniSarah The little boy was abandoned and ED's father adopted him. So he is ED's little adopted brother. It's unclear how he is going to figure in the plot, but I think it's to give her a family. The woman and man she lives with are also from her father's days, he took the woman in or gave her much needed help- not clear to me. But they are not blood relations. I think a running thread here is that ''blood' does not always define a relationship. So TI and the chairman are close, SJ is adopted by the chairman.

I think TI is a lot older than ED, more than 10 years. The chairman talked about how TI was by his side when he thought HJH's mum had abandoned them. Chairman Han 's father took HJH away when he was barely months old. So ED say was a year or two older than HJH when he was rescued. TI must have graduated and worked for the chairman for many years. 

Anyway, I don't see how ED could admit falling in love or admit to be in love with TI after finding out he was involved in his father's heart transplant with her father's heart. She was determined to destroy TI after CJH played the video. Suddenly, she went all mushy with him and asked for a hug. He may be falling for her. He also angrily threw the chairman's pen into the drawer which hints of anger against the giver. I see ED using her feminine wiles to break up TI's engagement and mess up his relationship with the Hans. Of course, she will realise that she loves him after his '  downfall'. Maybe it will end with the two of them making peace and drive away into the sunset.:phew:

• Like 5

Who are you shipping @maribella
I hate watching dramas where there are so many contenders for the Female lead. It drives me nuts. I am so frustrated and upset with the route ES is going. She is only going to hurt herself in the long run if she tries to seduce TI. TI May just let her think he is falling for her when in reality he is just letting her do whatever she wants because of his guilt for not helping her . Smh smh smh .

I don’t like this scenario of seducing as a way for revenge. ED hasn’t realized that in doing this she is making herself a target especially once she see TI takes all the hit in protecting her. Which she will be wondering why is he letting him une used or tormented that way?? It will confuse her, make her upset and make her lost in her determination to have revenge. 

• Like 4

@UnniSarah ~ haven't gotten around to watch yesterday's episode. after lunch, will check it out and then post...

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Anyway, I don't see how ED could admit falling in love or admit to be in love with TI after finding out he was involved in his father's heart transplant with her father's heart.

thats my problem as well -- logically when I think about it, doesn't make sense to me at all. but hey, this is dramaland where there is no such thing as common sense. :lol:

1 hour ago, maribella said:

The little boy was abandoned and ED's father adopted him. So he is ED's little adopted brother. It's unclear how he is going to figure in the plot, but I think it's to give her a family. The woman and man she lives with are also from her father's days, he took the woman in or gave her much needed help- not clear to me. But they are not blood relations. I think a running thread here is that ''blood' does not always define a relationship.

in regards to the cleaning lady, she said something about how when eun dong's dad was a priest, he was one of the few adults who was really nice to her and guided her. think she was some sort of orphan but he sort of took her in and gave her a sense of belonging like an older brother/father.

given it is dramaland I won't be surprised if eun chan somehow ends up being related to one of the baddie characters through some side relationship. hahahahah... but yea, I think it is just about giving her a family. so far, it doesn't seem eun chan has any other role other than eating lots of chicken and fulfilling the need for chicken PPL. ^_^ what I do find interesting is the relationship between eun chan and ji hoon. it is clear they are becoming close and often, it is the three of them like a little family unit. it is one of the reasons that makes me think ji hoon may still be a strong contender...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Who are you shipping @maribella
I hate watching dramas where there are so many contenders for the Female lead. It drives me nuts. I am so frustrated and upset with the route ES is going. She is only going to hurt herself in the long run if she tries to seduce TI. TI May just let her think he is falling for her when in reality he is just letting her do whatever she wants because of his guilt for not helping her . Smh smh smh .

I don’t like this scenario of seducing as a way for revenge. ED hasn’t realized that in doing this she is making herself a target especially once she see TI takes all the hit in protecting her. Which she will be wondering why is he letting him une used or tormented that way?? It will confuse her, make her upset and make her lost in her determination to have revenge. 

My couple is HJH and ED. I prefer couples to grow together in their marriage even in dramas. They both have hangups and loneliness from losing a parent. He is cheerful despite the coldness in the house. The writer needs to give him some smarts to realise that his step cousin - that's who Jin Hyuk is - is using him. In the last episode, when CJH claims that he clinches the deal with Jang, he gives CJH a quick look, there seems to be a dawning of some comprehension.

Yes, I am with you about ED. She seems to be strong and smart, standing up to HW and CJH, then she does something stupid like believing the snake couple's lies, believing Hyang Mi. So easy to be manipulated. That sibilant voice that she uses puts me off. Is that threatening or menacing? Give me a break.  If she just did background work and did some sleuthing before acting, I would forgive her even if she were wrong. 

Don't you think it strange that they are Chaebols and successful man but no blind dates at all for HJH, TI and SJ?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 5/6/2020 at 1:21 PM, gutibear said:

For those who might interested, short clips from today eps are available at youtube channel KBS Drama. 

ED revenge mode ON. She's planning on something.

Of course not being that familiar w/the Korean language, I used the auto-translate on this clip. Leave it to auto-translate to lighten my mood.  I was deep into Magnificent Century: Kosem, all horrified & depressed, when the subtitles read: "Keep your p... up!" And I mean the word begins with a p and ends with an r. Needless to say, I bolted out of depression. And another time, Sultan Murad asked his would be assassin who she was & she replied Miley Cyrus. Consequently, the above clip held absolutely no seriousness for me. 

21 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I’m in the middle of watching “Ice Adonis”. It’s so good!

One of the all-time best!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

wait...i thought CJH only told ED about the deal between TI & him, not about her Dad's heart being transplanted into TI's dad?

No?

Edit:
I just watched eps28

it seems that ED got an idea or suspected that TI's Dad new transplanted heart was her Dad's

She directly asked CJH, but he didnt answer but divert her focus back to TI's betrayal to save her Dad

but again...i cant really know for sure if uri half brainer heroine is thinking what i am guessing 

Just 1 more secret: ED's Dad was TI's heart donor, then all important puzzles are complete

i wonder when it's going to be revealed since we are still at eps 28

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

wait...i thought CJH only told ED about the deal between TI & him, not about her Dad's heart being transplanted into TI's dad?

No?

Edit:
I just watched eps28

it seems that ED got an idea or suspected that TI's Dad new transplanted heart was her Dad's

She directly asked CJH, but he didnt answer but divert her focus back to TI's betrayal to save her Dad

but again...i cant really know for sure if uri half brainer heroine is thinking what i am guessing 

Just 1 more secret: ED's Dad was TI's heart donor, then all important puzzles are complete

i wonder when it's going to be revealed since we are still at eps 28

I thought she knew because she said something to HW and also when she was at TI's house, she was hinting to TI about taking advantage. Need to rewatch later. If you have the time please watch the dialogue with HW.

@Takingthehighroad Miley Cyrus an assasin of Sultan Murad? Google does some amazing translation. :lol: What does she do for a living after the TV series with her dad?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

29 minutes ago, maribella said:

I thought she knew because she said something to HW and also when she was at TI's house, she was hinting to TI about taking advantage. Need to rewatch later. If you have the time please watch the dialogue with HW.

i just rewatched the scene where HW & ED talked in CJH's office

it seem ED was trying to probe who was TI's Dad heart donor

From her conversation with CJH, it looks like she did suspect that her Dad was the donor

When she asked CJH, he just vaguely answered that a brain death patient can appear anytime 

without giving more detail was the donor, and divert her focus back to TI's betrayal

but my interpretation can be wrong

• Like 3

@yukiyukiku  so she is still sending out feelers. I thought she swore vengeance after watching CJH's video because she knew about the father's heart.

She should be able to put two and two together, she signed the papers in prison, someone got his heart, TI needs a heart and CJH was helping him in exchange, HW heart surgeon is his wife. 

But I still believe her hugging him is a strategy, whatever her underlying feelings are.

• Like 5

@maribella yes, you're right... ED did swore vengeance & won't trust TI's words again

But from what i understand she's only confirmed of partial truth where the evidences her Dad protected with his life

and later she entrusted to TI were made to be an exchange of TI's Dad heart transplant surgery

(as it was shown on the video clip shown to her in CJH's office)

Whereas other details or the side of the bargain, i think she was still unable to confirm

• Like 3

@UnniSarah, finally got around to watching ep 28 ~ it is interesting as usual

2 hours ago, maribella said:

But I still believe her hugging him is a strategy, whatever her underlying feelings are.

oh it was definitely a strategy! am calling it the widow spider hug. for those who don't know, the female black widow spider eat their mates. poor fellas. eun dong is messing with his head so that she can hurt him and make him cry. did folks catch the evil smirk at the end of the hug scene? oooh, she is spitting mad and ready to throw a grenade. 

3 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

it seem ED was trying to probe who was TI's Dad heart donor

From her conversation with CJH, it looks like she did suspect that her Dad was the donor

When she asked CJH, he just vaguely answered that a brain death patient can appear anytime 

without giving more detail was the donor, and divert her focus back to TI's betrayal

she knows and has put two and two together that it is her father's heart. jun hyuk also made a mistake by referring to a brain dead patient. how many brain dead patients can there be at one time? thats why she told tae in's dad to be healthy. at this point, am wondering how far she will go. won't be surprised if she decides to use ji hoon as well in order to get in to the household and release the storm.

smackdown:

1. seo ju vs hye won part 1: winner: hye won. you have to hand it to her with messing with seo ju's head -- only reason that tae in wants to marry her is either revenge against hye won or to be close with her? and they have a deep strange relationship? what on earth is hye won saying? one would think she is still weirdly interlinked with tae in somehow despite being married for 7 years. how is it all about her? but it is enough to mess with seo ju's head.

2. seo ju vs hye won part 2: winner: seo ju? we don't see how the meeting went but she goes to the family and mess with in-laws head. so we can expect to see seo ju hang it over hye won's head.

3. jun hyuk vs eun dong: winner: jun hyuk? he has set off the bomb and deflected eun dong's fury towards tae in instead of himself and hye won. yea, he had a happy smirk.

4. myung hee vs tae in's dad: winner: taei in's dad? he plays diplomat and leaves it in myung hee's hand to make it seem like she has the power. she can choose to call off the wedding if she wishes.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

preview ep 30

it looks like ED is really going to use TI for revenge

if im not mistaken, she sounds like she send him on a mission

and later tell him not to desert her (??)

and what is that expression on TI ?

he's like being renewed or recharged

is he really falling for ED now (??)

:bawling: i have to wait tommorrow for the full eps, then wait again till the next day for the subbed 

while i am so curious now

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Saja La said:

Korean high school is 20 years old, unlike other high school in other country we graduate at 17.... 

Oh, i thought TI was around 28-29 in the first episodes and ED was 20. So, in the current episode, TI should be 36 and ED should be 27. That gap seems ok to me... TI is successful now is due to him working in New York, US, and knowing Korean society, if you have work overseas like US, when you come back to Korea, you are a hotshot.... 

If I am not mistaken, ED dropped out of school for awhile and went back because her father pushed her to graduate?   I too didn't get the impression that TI was much older than her.  And she seems to think they had some kind of bonding.. she referred several times to "you forgot about 'us'?  The way she said 'us' is like a pairing not just as you and me = 2 persons so 'us'... haha, bad explanation but i hope you get my drift.

This actress really shouldn't play the lead.  She is really bad and makes the character look like some kind of clown masquerading as a badass grown-up.  Who picks the cast for this series?  Seems like chosen for exaggerated facial expressions - ED, the chairman's son, HW and her husband.  I can hardly look at the screen! :D

• LOL 3

Greetings,

I watch this drama off and on to kill time.  I haven't faithfully watched each episode.  

Wondering if can kindly explain the relationship between Chairman Han and TI mom?

I understand they have a past relationship together.  But am confused,  Is TI  chairman Han missing son?

Or is JH the baby that was possibly taken away?  All I saw was this shocked looked on TI mom face when she asked JH how old he was and she was stumped.

• Like 2