[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@UnniSarah ~ have seen a few dramas where the second lead actually ended up with the girl.

Can u list the drama’s where the second lead get the girl. I have only seen only two drama where the Second lead get the girl. 

Spoiler

PASSIONATE LOVE

THE FIRST BORN  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... for a sec, I was wondering when ji hoon did that and realized you are talking about jun hyuk. guess, for those shortening to initials, we could go with evil beady JH? hahahah...

hahaha...yea, i meant the bad  evil JH, Choi Jinhyuk

Sorry...i should have used CJH

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@UnniSarah ~ I usually avoid triangle dramas as a rule.

but ones I do remember are really old.:

scarlet heart with lee joon gi -- she ends up with third or fourth lead?

beautiful days -- old drama where lee byung hun was actually supposed to be the second lead/anti-hero. he ended up getting the girl due to scorching chemistry

glass slippers - another old drama where so ji sub was the second lead but he kind of got the girl before he died.

there were a few others but I can't remember the names now..

so it is not impossible but depends on the writer, chemistry and audience reaction.

• Like 5

@Lmangla scarlet heart IU & Lee Joon Gi?

Spoiler

I thought they ended up together, but IU's character died early?
I can't really remember cuz i only read the recap, but not watch the whole series :sweatingbullets:

@UnniSarah nods..Beautiful Days was 1 of the hit drama that changed its lead pairing like @Lmangla  said

Spoiler

From Choi Jiwoo with Ryu Shi Won, changed to Choi Jiwoo with Lee Byung Hun

Their chemistry was really off meter, it was kinda very hot then kinda cold, then back hot agai..blowing off the thermometer

There are other very few series that the lead actress ended up with the 2nd lead, or the other way around

but i cant remember

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@UnniSarah ~ I usually avoid triangle dramas as a rule.

but ones I do remember are really old.:

scarlet heart with lee joon gi -- she ends up with third or fourth lead?

beautiful days -- old drama where lee byung hun was actually supposed to be the second lead/anti-hero. he ended up getting the girl due to scorching chemistry

glass slippers - another old drama where so ji sub was the second lead but he kind of got the girl before he died.

there were a few others but I can't remember the names now..

so it is not impossible but depends on the writer, chemistry and audience reaction.

I try to avoid that too. I started watching this drama before checking it out first :tears::tears::tears::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:. I hate shipping for the wrong couple. Then O lose interest once my ships SINK .  Smh shm 

@Lmangla  giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c1ef8a22cb2835f261

Thanks @yukiyukiku 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Finally managed to watch eps 1-26 and catching up with all of you.

I love being anti-mainstream, and so can I just say that TI-SJ is my fav OTP at this moment. They are what I say power couple. There's no way CJH-HW can beat TI-SJ.

SJ character is interesting, she's not typical crazy spoiled heiress. She knows her place, that to get Chairman Han favor, she needs to work extra hard especially when there's Choi family as enemy. I want to see her backing up ED in sisterhood lol

*apologize my limited English 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

@Lmangla scarlet heart IU & Lee Joon Gi?

it was one of those saeguk type dramas where she went from one guy to another. first she liked one dimple fella. then liked jun ki. but they broke up and she ended up marrying some other guy in the end.. you know how saeguks are...

and whenever people say no one ends up with the second lead, I always think of beautiful days. you know the writer actually changed the pairing because of audience request? the chemistry there was so scorching!

@gutibear ~ actually like the pairing of seo ju and tae in and think it would be interesting to watch. there is something dynamic about seo ju that it makes me want to see how she will react. she is tough but also vulnerable. it makes me feel bit sorry for her that she is in love with tae in but he has no idea. however, unlike clingy second leads, she is not crying buckets about his lack of feelings for her. 

• Like 5

@UnniSarah me too *raisehand

Preview for the next eps #28 is out

And yea...ED is back to square 1 hating TI again

Not that was unexpected, but i wished she didnt completely believed CJH without checking anything 

as CJH's victim, being jailed & extended jailed, i expected her to be more careful of him & his words

But then, this may be also the start of a new beginning for TI & ED's upcoming relationship

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

there is something dynamic about seo ju that it makes me want to see how she will react

She's pretty, smart, rich, elegant, and engaged to the male lead. I don't think she's a bad person either. As a boss, she treats ED well. She knows right from wrong, she's humble enough to apologize to TI's parent in behalf of her mother. She just need to be more independent from her toxic mother.

• Like 3

@UnniSarah @Lmangla

I can think of two which had the 2nd lead getting the woman. The first one is so forgettable, I cannot remember any special about it, except there were many vegetable farmers. The girl was a village type and was engaged to a childhood sweetheart guy. He was working for a corporate, daughter of the chaebol boss chased after him, he dumped the first lead and married the rich girl in the first few  episodes. Second lead who was part of the chaebol family got her in the end.

Then the second was quite an asinine show. The first female lead and male lead

were mother and son. She was an actress. He became a priest and the second lead got the girl.  Anyway, ED is fast losing the half brain she has if CJH is fooling her again.

I know you are all going to hate me for saying this, but shouldn't  we be prepared? What if the writer turns HW into a repentant doctor, leaves her husband, works with Aids patients for free and other charity work a la Mother Teresa. Then it's everything back to their old places. Dare I suggest the pairing? :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, maribella said:

@UnniSarah @Lmangla

I can think of two which had the 2nd lead getting the woman. The first one is so forgettable, I cannot remember any special about it, except there were many vegetable farmers. The girl was a village type and was engaged to a childhood sweetheart guy. He was working for a corporate, daughter of the chaebol boss chased after him, he dumped the first lead and married the rich girl in the first few  episodes. Second lead who was part of the chaebol family got her in the end.

Then the second was quite an asinine show. The first female lead and male lead

were mother and son. She was an actress. He became a priest and the second lead got the girl.  Anyway, ED is fast losing the half brain she has if CJH is fooling her again.

I know you are all going to hate me for saying this, but shouldn't  we be prepared? What if the writer turns HW into a repentant doctor, leaves her husband, works with Aids patients for free and other charity work a la Mother Teresa. Then it's everything back to their old places. Dare I suggest the pairing? :lol:

@maribella Chingu this storyline is the BEST SCENARIO FOR HJH to finally step up. Start taking charge so he and ED to bond even more. JunHyul will use this opportunity to get her to help him. She will probably start spying on him but as she spies on TI , there will be clashes, misunderstandings and some revelations  about the past. As she finds ways to hurt him, she will learn more about his life . She will eventually pity him.  Then she will find out her father was murdered through her spying on Tae In. 
Now HJH will learn secrets but it will take a long time for him to find out about his cousin and HW being the main culprit of what happened to ED and her father. He won’t believe it at first which will cause ED some pain because of his naivety. 
how do you guys like my scenario @yukiyukiku @Lmangla @gutibear ??? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, Saja La said:

I haven't watch ep 27 yet, but i am curious with your "And yea" part..... Are you saying u like that ED back to square 1 hating TI again...? Is it a good thing or am i gonna miss something while skipping scenes? 

Not to nip pick your comments, but how many times are we gonna have " the start of a new beginning for TI & ED's upcoming relationship" ???? I thought ED already started softening towards TI..... Solma, are they making ED dumb back again...?

That's ok @Saja La ghencana :blush:

after spending some time with TI and lastly after her accident, ED seemed to be softened toward TI

She even recalling her Dad's last dinner having the same words as TI's with the same background, having a BBQ dinner

Then, CJH told her some partial truth about TI's Dad heart surgery, ED was back again at square 1 hating TI all over again, 

although TI was also at fault for blindly making a deal with a snake, CJH, at that time

Usually when these kind of things happen, it's used/meant to build up for another momentum in a drama

so that's why i said that the start of a new beginning for TI & ED's upcoming relationship

It doesnt always a romantic relationship, it can be a pure mis-led renewed revenge or something else

i think we will see soon in the upcoming eps for more hints where this is going

For now, it's hard to see any romance between TI & ED

1 side feels so guilty & responsible toward the other side

1 side feels unclear vengeful toward the other side

and yes..ED is back to being dumb again by wholly believes CJH at face value without thinking twice

that's why @Lmangla said? ED is a half brainer heroine :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, yukiyukiku said:

For now, it's hard to see any romance between TI & ED

1 side feels so guilty & responsible toward the other side

1 side feels unclear vengeful toward the other side

and yes..ED is back to being dumb again by wholly believes CJH at face value without thinking twice

that's why @Lmangla said? ED is a half brainer heroine :joy:

I agree , all these lies and misunderstandings are the tools to get ED and TI’a relationship to evolve. Right now there isn’t any romance and all ED want is revenge. Revenge and just once for her father. I thinks it is the same for TI. TI wants to repent for his betrayal and make the people who did it pay for their crimes. 

ED doesn’t know all the facts and doesn’t really know where to get the answers she is looking for in my opinion. I am glad the truth is out because this secret being let would have been a disaster once they were at a point of destroying their enemies.  The problem

with ED is that she is impulsive. She doesn’t think things through. She also has a one track mind. She completely forgot what HW did to her and is only going to go after TI.  She is always talking instead of planning and executing her plans perfectly and everything falling into the right place.  In the next episode HJH is going to find out why ED is sticking to TI so much and will be even think badly of Tae In even more than he already is. 
i kinda feel bad for Tae In. He seems to getting the short end of the stick no matter what direction he goes. The person he is trying to help is going to start hating him even more. Won’t trust him anymore and will be out to hurt him. Tae In will also feel guilty towards HJH once he finds out who his mother is. I have no idea what he will do once he finds out the truth. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu this storyline is the BEST SCENARIO FOR HJH to finally step up. Start taking charge so he and ED to bond even more. JunHyul will use this opportunity to get her to help him. She will probably start spying on him but as she spies on TI , there will be

I like that very much because ED is like night to HJH day. He is open and upfront whereas she has gone on the revenge path. Their pairing may be statistically not probable - female lead male second lead- but he could be her cheerleader. I am guessing she is going to be in trouble many times. A lone girl without contacts fighting a snake like Jun Hyuk and his family is bound to get hurt. Although, Kdrama does not have to follow normal behaviour, we may still get all kinds of unpleasant things happening to Ms. Cha.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saja La said:

Sounds like dejavu , didn't we already have this misunderstanding already...??? 

nods..that's why back to square 1 with ED hating TI all over again

31 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

ED doesn’t know all the facts and doesn’t really know where to get the answers she is looking for in my opinion. I am glad the truth is out because this secret being let would have been a disaster once they were at a point of destroying their enemies.  The problem

with ED is that she is impulsive. She doesn’t think things through. She also has a one track mind. She completely forgot what HW did to her and is only going to go after TI.  She is always talking instead of planning and executing her plans perfectly and everything falling into the right place.  In the next episode HJH is going to find out why ED is sticking to TI so much and will be even think badly of Tae In even more than he already is. 
i kinda feel bad for Tae In. He seems to getting the short end of the stick no matter what direction he goes. The person he is trying to help is going to start hating him even more. Won’t trust him anymore and will be out to hurt him. Tae In will also feel guilty towards HJH once he finds out who his mother is. I have no idea what he will do once he finds out the truth. 

me too, i kinda feel bad for him..though i cant totally agree with TI's decision back then, i cant blame and can understand him

while ED is going to be a loose cannon soon, TI will be probably closer to his point of breakdown

several crazy theories run in my head for coming episodes:

1. TI drunk, and his emotion finally blow up & suddenly force kiss ED...but i dont like forced kiss, it's so disrespectful

2. ED gets hurt again, protective TI freak out & blow up that it will bring question to him & everyone why he's like that

He has to think & reassess his feeling toward ED

3. Their company has a outdoor overnite trip at the a hotel with a lake. Design team plan to bully ED cause ED fall into the lake.

Superman TI came to the rescue and kiss ED under water for the sake of imaginary CPR...is this kinda of forced kiss  too (?) 

Don't mind me, people. This is all my imagination 

When i was still in school, instead of studying, my brain cells were used to replay memories of the drama i've watched over & over

And now already in the workforce, instead of working hard, my brain cell automatically imagine things of the dramas i'm watching

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

On 5/5/2020 at 4:28 PM, UnniSarah said:

Hello Everyone 

I will be shipping ED with TI. I just can’t help it :tears::tears:

I loveee your post here... Same here, i am on ED-TI team....  Loved how TI remembers every little bit of ED's crush on him yearssss ago... It took 7 years (i'm glad they did the skip years) .... At least i know why ED is extremely extra hurt with TI's failing to keep his promise to her, coz its not just her losing her dad lost, but to be betrayed by someone you loved is extra extra hurtful.... 

I'm so curious as to how the k-writer will somewhat get TI to finally admit that he can't live with ED and all... I'm hoping by then TI no longer keeps any secrets with ED. And ED no longer be the half brainier woman she is right now.... And i don't mean ED losing more of whats left of her half brainier that she have right now...   

On 5/6/2020 at 12:57 AM, yukiyukiku said:

several crazy theories run in my head for coming episodes:

1. TI drunk, and his emotion finally blow up & suddenly force kiss ED...but i dont like forced kiss, it's so disrespectful

2. ED gets hurt again, protective TI freak out & blow up that it will bring question to him & everyone why he's like that

He has to think & reassess his feeling toward ED

3. Their company has a outdoor overnite trip at the a hotel with a lake. Design team plan to bully ED cause ED fall into the lake.

Superman TI came to the rescue and kiss ED under water for the sake of imaginary CPR...is this kinda of forced kiss  too (?) 

I found a friend similar to me... heheh, back then, before i  know of this forum, I would write at Disqu s (comment sections) of possible scenario i'd love to see on the k-drama i was watching at that time... The Promise, Sweet Enemy, Happy Sisters were ones i had tons fun writing possible scenarios....

On your item no 1, I would like to amend a bit on your scenario.... Its really late, barely anyone was still at the shop, Ti is drunk, and seeing TI drunk and clearly miserable, ED joined in.... while they both were giddy drunk, ED will suggest, why don't TI think of his happy times,? And TI will think, and he'll mentioned that ED used to have a crush on him, ED will say when (onje) ??? TI will say, there is a photo of them that ED was looking at him instead of the camera, the birthday gift pen, and etc etc... ED will then say, he shouldn't have been that nice to her back then, girls that age could easier get crushes....  And then TI will ask, back then, what did ED really wanted to do if ED had the chance? ED, with the false courage due to the influence of alcohol, move nearer to TI, she'll whisper , do you really want to know? TI will be smiling giddily and nodded drunkenly..... And ED kisses him right smack on the lips....!!!! TI was shock at first, but when ED was about to move away and stopping the kiss, TI pull ED back to him and TI really kissed ED (like he wants to eat him whole maybe ?).. TI will whisper/ mumble, i shouldn't be doing this, but ED stop his mumbling and kiss him back........ Then the camera zoom out.... Then next episode.... LOL

Maybe this is too Western scenario huh...???

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 3