[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

48 minutes ago, Abmas Fawer said:

I read dates on her diary because I was confused the timeline in the past, so the day Sa Bin's father first met Ji Chul was on Feb 15th 1988 instead of 6/15 on the subtitle.

On 5/31/1988, Ji Chul was executed, HE died, and Sa Bin was born right after that. 

If no soul swap, I expect Ji Chul was still alive after execution day, he should have died before 2/14/1998- Jong Beom' birthday on Valentine's Day. He wanted to be born on the love day lol....

The characters ages are one more thing to believe in no body swap. 

Probably, Kim Soo Hyuk is older than Sa Bin, or They have same ages, and Hyun Bin died first. 

Gong Ji Cheul was the last one to die (Probably), so Jong Beum is the youngest.

Other thing I noticed, I back to episode 2 (or episode 4), when Ha Eun was in the train recording her love declaration for Hyun Bin, She said the date - January 25th, 1988.

I don't know with subtitles are right, but it's a important date to keep in mind, maybe that's the date of Hyun Bin's death.

If kim Soo hyuk was born right after Hyun Bin's death, no way Go Ji Cheul is him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

Other thing I noticed, I back to episode 2 (or episode 4), when Ha Eun was in the train recording her love declaration for Hyun Bin, She said the date - January 25th, 1988.

I don't know with subtitles are right, but it's a important date to keep in mind, maybe that's the date of Hyun Bin's death.

If kim Soo hyuk was born right after Hyun Bin's death, no way Go Ji Cheul is him.

Sorry I had edited my post to put in the timeline before I saw your post. I believe 1/25/1988, the snow scene and HE, JC survived, I'm not sure about HB.

And I think later on they will find Ha Eun's voice recorder, and it will reveal many things in the past.

1 hour ago, Carolina Baracaldo said:

Hello guys. 

This is my first time writing here. I am so desperate to know the truth behind all this story. I do believe the writer is hiding more and more clues and that our confusion is going to continue like that for a while. 

Yesterday, I was checking episode one again. The moment when HE was at the church with Gong Ji Chul. She offered him the book "Resurrection" but he was looking at the other one, Wuthering Heights, which I found a little bit weird since he was obsessed with life after death. I remember that Jong Bum said that "that" book was the one the mummy used to love....and then in episode 6 at "Old future" , Soo Hyuk  chose "Resurrection". I think this is another clue to show us that Soo Hyuk is Hyun Bin because he is doing the opposite of what Ji Chul did....or maybe not? and it is just my imagination?

It is nice to read you all. That's the way I'm bearing the waiting for new episodes. 

I think the reason why he chose wuthering heights is just simply because that was HE's favorite book. and plus i think he's not that obsessed with resurrection yet at that time. he start obsessed with it after HE mentioned about how his soul can be born again (and this part after HE offering resurrection book to him).

i also just watched EP 1 and 2 again and don't u guys feel weird about this one particular scene. back then when JC carry HE to hospital and hold her hand which HE thought that was HB's hand and then she said to HB after she woke up that she surprised that she don't feel nauseated with hospital smell anymore, cant smell the formalin smell of the corpse anymore and she even mentioned it was the first time in her life to run 50 and 70m and yet still alive and she feel like that is miracle (which she's trying to imply bc HB held her hand so tightly she able to feel better like that) BUT we all knew the hand that she held is JC. So why and why HE can feel all of that (feeling so much better) after holding JC's hand? did she actually meant to be with JC and not HB? why and why JC bring miracle to her (as she said its a miracle to her that she still survived)?? thats why initially i thought the writer is aiming to make HE end up with JC but it goes opposite way right now LOL. 

20 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

i also just watched EP 1 and 2 again and don't u guys feel weird about this one particular scene. back then when JC carry HE to hospital and hold her hand which HE thought that was HB's hand and then she said to HB after she woke up that she surprised that she don't feel nauseated with hospital smell anymore, cant smell the formalin smell of the corpse anymore and she even mentioned it was the first time in her life to run 50 and 70m and yet still alive and she feel like that is miracle (which she's trying to imply bc HB held her hand so tightly she able to feel better like that) BUT we all knew the hand that she held is JC. So why and why HE can feel all of that (feeling so much better) after holding JC's hand? did she actually meant to be with JC and not HB? why and why JC bring miracle to her (as she said its a miracle to her that she still survived)?? thats why initially i thought the writer is aiming to make HE end up with JC but it goes opposite way right now LOL. 

Initially I thought this too, but when I saw the Hyun Bin and Ha Eun flashback and She said - I fell in love for this man at first sight.

I realized how Ha Eun loved him so much. Indeed, She has some kind of connection with Go Ji Cheul, but it was not love. 

wait.. i dunno why i still bother with the pain SH felt at his right eye. at first i assumed that was because HB's skull have been smashed at that exact same spot but after read one comment on asianwiki (user name is viona bonita) she mentioned maybe that pain is because the eye scar JC's have at his right eye. and its sounds logic to me. i mean if the reason SH felt pain bc HB's skull have been smashed at that spot aint he should feel headache rather than eye pain? but the the pain he felt is at the eye. SB even asked him if he felt pain at both eyes or only the right eye. the word that we need to emphasise right now is the EYE. and JC have a scar at the same eye. hmm

and she (from asianwiki) also mentioned abt how during swimming pool scene SH can heard JC voice saying that he will still go meet that girl even after death. and yep why he remember that words if he's not JC.

eventho all of the hints right now clearly showing that there's no body swap but i still bother with those two things.

Okay... I am so confused.

giphy.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

1. HB, HE and JC all died the same day. HB was stabbed multiple times by JC. HA died because of her heart due to shock of the men fighting leading to HB being killed right in front of her. Lastly, JC shot himself in the head. So what's all this other stuff about HE didn't die that day and JC was executed?
  2. Wasn't JC sent to like a mental institution and he escaped? So how do they go from that to him being in prison and executed?
  3. HE apparently died 30 years ago... Yet it's been 32 years and SA is 32. Now that doesn't make any sense since she is "remembering" or having these familiar feelings being the reincarnation of HE. Same goes for SH being the reincarnation of HB and JB being the reincarnation of JC.
  4. And I'm still confused to who buried HB and they didn't even find HE and JC's bodies considering they were next to him. What happened to them?!

What are the writers doing?!

1 hour ago, SharkDudu said:

wait.. i dunno why i still bother with the pain SH felt at his right eye. at first i assumed that was because HB's skull have been smashed at that exact same spot but after read one comment on asianwiki (user name is viona bonita) she mentioned maybe that pain is because the eye scar JC's have at his right eye. and its sounds logic to me. i mean if the reason SH felt pain bc HB's skull have been smashed at that spot aint he should feel headache rather than eye pain? but the the pain he felt is at the eye. SB even asked him if he felt pain at both eyes or only the right eye. the word that we need to emphasise right now is the EYE. and JC have a scar at the same eye. hmm

and she (from asianwiki) also mentioned abt how during swimming pool scene SH can heard JC voice saying that he will still go meet that girl even after death. and yep why he remember that words if he's not JC.

eventho all of the hints right now clearly showing that there's no body swap but i still bother with those two things.

BUT what if its just memories ABOUT JC!! the eye and the words that the prosecutor heard in the pool, he saw all this when HB interrogated the killer, so maybe it's just a memory of the killer and not the memories of the killer?

Yeah, Soo Hyuk heard 2 things in the pool. The first time He heard a gun shot, the second time He heard a Go Ji Cheul line.

Hyun Bin gave a gun shot before Go Ji Cheul shot himself, and of course He could hear this gun shot too. And the other Go Ji Cheul's line, it was a line Go Ji |Cheul said to Hyun Bin in the interrogation room. 

11 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

BUT what if its just memories ABOUT JC!! the eye and the words that the prosecutor heard in the pool, he saw all this when HB interrogated the killer, so maybe it's just a memory of the killer and not the memories of the killer?

6 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

Yeah, Soo Hyuk heard 2 things in the pool. The first time He heard a gun shot, the second time He heard a Go Ji Cheul line.

Hyun Bin gave a gun shot before Go Ji Cheul shot himself, and of course He could hear this gun shot too. And the other Go Ji Cheul's line, it was a line Go Ji |Cheul said to Hyun Bin in the interrogation room. 

And he dream about HI calls HB he heard this too when JC killed him, he heard how she called HB

13 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Some people hate the prosecutor because of his rudeness and sometimes illegal actions, but let's be honest, he is who he is, but he is sincere, everything is written on his face, and you don't have to think what he thinks ... you remember the scene in the car with his girlfriend when they almost got into an accident? I thought he would throw her away,
but he spoke to her very calmly, and this is what he is surprised at, the cruelty to the perpetrators and the tenderness towards loved ones. And don't forget that he has such a profession, when you have to be ruthless, he can't afford compassion, because he deals with bad guys.

Hello ~ i do agree on your point here!! Maybe more on his background / reasons why he behaves this way will be revealed in the later part of the show? Probably something that happened 3 years ago/ related to his Dad.

Speaking on the girlfriend, any clue how they are going to wrap this up? I mean SH seems like a responsible bf even though he doesn't necessarily likes the gf? But then again, there seem to be some feelings involved given how they live together + how he takes care of her. The gf looks kind of scary though ...

On 5/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, Oksana Sutra said:

i start agree with this, well its true we to much romanticise GJC yes, I know that 

he want to be loved  but he helped his father and kills two people why didnt he  go

to the police  and than some  says that CB push JB to the murder is  she just play with his heart,

but with this dark side in him its to scary be with him  You will never know what he will do  in next moment

He cant feel anything so its hard to say what s he thinking about. 

Well we see one thing for sure JB and SH is not HB

HB was open, worm, romantic , in love  none of them like this.

hello ~ i kind of agree with this point too ! I mean no doubt the intentions of JC were positive (like he wanted to save HE), but he didn't use the right method i feel ... and he is still kind of creepy snooping around and stalking HE. I think i'll be afraid if i was her ...and yes, i dont understand why he didn't report his father if he knew he was actually killing ppl?? So it's hard for me to ship HE + JC in the first life...

as for their reincarnation... although i don't think JB is a killer, but he is still kind of creepy ? Like there was this scene in Ep 6 when he talked to SB's friends (the restaurant people), he made some disturbing comments about why he didn't kill or something..

but eitherway, i am curious to see how this story will turn out! who knows, there maybe mind blowing plot twists ahead? what do you guys think??

On 5/6/2020 at 8:01 AM, RanP said:

This ep made me understand JB a little more, what he'd endured since childhood to be able to stay in that 'family'. He'd grown to not feeling others pain and SB was the very first person who saw what he's been trying to hide and revolt for him, she didn't label him as others but try to understand him, and believe in him. bc of her, he started feeling pain for another human being for the 1st time. SB is doing exactly the same thing HE did in the past to JC. To me it's not romantic feeling what he has for her, at least not now, she's become his 'savior', his only 'light' in some sort. It'll need more time for him to really grow and understand those emotions. It was interesting to point out when he met those ex-convicts working at the bar, those who look like being able to go back to the right path, which he didn't seem to believe that much.

Yes, i definitely appreciated this episode for getting more insight into JB's life and personality.  Also it's confirmed that he is a psychopath  and that's why he is always watching and analysing because he is trying to understand other people's emotions  interestingly, a lot of very intelligent and successful people have psychopathic traits including surgeons.  Now Sa Bin has recognised he is a psychopath but she has chosen to accept him anyway and that is a first for JB.  I agree that much like Ji Cheol felt for Ha Eun he sees SB as his saviour, his light in the darkness but I think in comparison to JC who could only observe HE from afar, JB and SB actully have a relationship which will allow her to influence him for the better.  

On 5/6/2020 at 10:00 AM, whiteclover said:

3. Loveline?? No doubt in the first life we had HE + HB being the main couple and that HE feelings towards JC was just pitying him. But then there are so many underlying factors mentioned by the writer so far. Like in ep 6, SH mother mentioned something along the lines of lovers in past life will past each other this life, while ill fated destinies will meet. Honestly, disturbed by this comment LOL i mean it seems to be a foreshadow for the current loveline direction?

Nevertheless, it does seem SB & SH are attracted to each other? Ep 6, SB mentioned her heart pounds when she sees SH. I am unsure if it is because of them being lovers in their past life because of the heart transplant point. So its hard to say if her feelings are from her or from the heart donor. I did read some saying the pounding is from a death row convict seemingly being SH's father. So here i think the writer threw in another confusing point (not sure if it is intentional). Previously we have that prisoner telling SH that he have criminal blood in him? So it kind of wanting to make viewers think SH is actually JC/ his dad is an ex-convict/murderer. However, i am still reserved about this because SH mentioned in Ep 6 he didn't want his people to get hurt from criminals anymore, he seemed angry? Probably lost his dad to a murder?? Or maybe he just hates his dad because he was a criminal? Honestly, we don't know at this point. However, i am leaning to the latter... i mean okay , SH has this fiancee SA who comes from a prestigious family. Most drama engagement kind of relationships expect the families to be of equal status or at least criminal free? So if SH's dad was a murderer, hmm why does SA's mum (the girl who helped JC in the first life) still allow her daughter to be engaged to SH? Idk but of course it is possible, i mean SA's mum seems creepy too and i am guessing she is the person sending those messges to JB in the name of JC. So the fiancee SA is also another character that complicates thing. I mean, i don't think SH likes her, but he doesn't hate her either. He didn't make it clear to SB too that he has a finacee too though. But SA doesn't seem like an easy character too. So i am not sure how the author is going tie all these ends???

As for JB - SB pair. So far i am still seeing it more like a mentor-mentee relationship + out of sympathy from SB's end. SO first they have a 10 year age gap + they are a teacher-student kind of relationship. It's hard to picture them being a couple. I am not saying it is impossible but then there are alot of explanations needed for this pair to materialize? Like i mean if they regain their memories, doesn't it mean JB=JC killed SB=HE's lover in the past life? I mean although it is a new life, should put away the past, it still seems kind of disturbing.

I really didn't understand the whole conversation with his mother. Sometimes I don't know if it's the English translation or the original script but it seems like some of the characters are speaking in riddles.  I just rewatched that scene again and transcribed the subtitles: "A relationship so close that hurts in the past life will just graze you in the present life. But a bad relationship in your past life will come back to untie that knot"

Now if this is a clue to Ha Eun and Hyung Bins relationship then I would say their type of relationship was "so close that it hurts" so does that mean they will just "graze" each other in this life? 

Also did anyone catch that SH's mother said she started making the red string bracelets because of a female osteology professor who is a regular at her shop. Doesn't a female osteology professor sound like it could be Sa Bin?

I also can't wait to see Sa Bin's reaction when she finds out SH is actually engaged.  She is going to feel very embarrassed and hurt. Will that push her towards JB?

I agree right now the relationship between JB and SB isn't love - not on SB's part anyway.  I think this is the closest to love JB has ever felt and SB feels compassion and empathy for JB. I agree the whole 10 year age gap and teacher-student part makes a romantic relationship unlikely. Their scenes don't look inappropriate onscreen because Jin Se Yeon is in her mid-20s and is actually two years younger than Jang Ki Yong in real life so she looks like just another college student (and, honestly JKY does not look 22) but when you actually think about their relationship dynamic it is uncomfortable. Accepting an expensive necklace, going to his home alone late at night.  Can you imagine the type of rumours that would spread around the university about her relationship with this rich single handsome young male student? She would get in huge trouble! I will be interested to see if the drama will have them get together romantically. Perhaps that would explain why they cast actors who are inappropriate for the characters actual ages so it isn't as uncomfortable to watch onscreen.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:31 AM, Abmas Fawer said:

In last episode 5, we know Baek In Seo is president behind Seo Tae Ha-leader of gang "Kennedy". According to the chart above, he is Hye Mi's husband and SH's father in law. The writer is still hiding him. He is very mysterious character so far, so i guess he will be the last boss. Is he Ji Chul, Ji Chul's dad or the fourth person in the white car in episode 1 when they were leaving Korea??? My theory is so strong atm lol. Any thought?

Good guess! I think the man in the car with JC, JC's father, Hye Mi in the 80s will be pivotal to the plot. 

10 hours ago, Abmas Fawer said:

I read dates on her diary because I was confused the timeline in the past, so the day Sa Bin's father first met Ji Chul was on Feb 15th 1988 instead of 6/15 on the subtitle.

On 5/31/1988, Ji Chul was executed, HE died, and Sa Bin was born right after that. 

If no soul swap, I expect Ji Chul was still alive after execution day, he should have died before 2/14/1998- Jong Beom' birthday on Valentine's Day. He wanted to be born on the love day lol....I have feeling Ji Chul was caught on 2/14/1988 and very important something happened on that day. 

The timeline I have:

1983: Should be the year JC, HB met HE. JC met HE first.

3/4/1983: The date on the ring found from the corpse. 

12/14/1987: Hairdresser's death in Love Salon.

1/25/1988: the snow scene, JC & HE would have survived.

2/15/1988: Sa Bin's dad met Ji Chul in prison.

5/31/1988: Sa Bin was born

2/14/1998: JB's birthday. 

:lol: Thank you so much! This is so helpful. I have been trying to keep track of the timeline.

10 hours ago, Carolina Baracaldo said:

Hello guys. 

This is my first time writing here. I am so desperate to know the truth behind all this story. I do believe the writer is hiding more and more clues and that our confusion is going to continue like that for a while. 

Yesterday, I was checking episode one again. The moment when HE was at the church with Gong Ji Chul. She offered him the book "Resurrection" but he was looking at the other one, Wuthering Heights, which I found a little bit weird since he was obsessed with life after death. I remember that Jong Bum said that "that" book was the one the mummy used to love....and then in episode 6 at "Old future" , Soo Hyuk  chose "Resurrection". I think this is another clue to show us that Soo Hyuk is Hyun Bin because he is doing the opposite of what Ji Chul did....or maybe not? and it is just my imagination?

It is nice to read you all. That's the way I'm bearing the waiting for new episodes. 

Welcome to the thread.  It definitely makes it easier and more enjoyable posting on this thread where we can all share our thoughts and theories.:blush:

Jichul wanted Wuthering Heights rather than Resurrection because it was the first book he heard Ha Eun read and he identified with the character of Heathcliff who was an abused outsider but who chose to love.

I feel like there will be a subplot where JB's mom who is in the university Management i think will get to know about their closeness and reprimand her and warn her stay away from him or leave the job. She would choose him and get another job:P:P

If not why would she be in Management of university. 

If something like this happens I waiting for the scene. I always think about the scene in Pride and Prejudice where the Queen comes to Lizzie's home in the middle of night to make sure she has no connection to Darcy and she says I can't deny the rumor, and I would not assure you that it wont happen. I want something like this here:P

On 5/6/2020 at 7:01 PM, Nymeria289 said:

The whole heart transplant and Gong Ji Cheol being alive doesn't make sense.....also the flashbacks with him escaping, the execution, all of it........I have a feeling JB is innocent........it may be his brother and the new crimes are probably done by somebody instigated by the writer who happens to be Soo Hyuk's future mother-in-law.

Yeah it is a bit twisted how things change, but I think a lot has to do with the fact that there is so much we don't know about these flashbacks. Just think about the moment JC starts stabbing HB and his father is actually the one forcing him to do it. So which parts of that scene is just in JC's head and what is actually happening?

And I feel like there is a lot of these moments where if you think about it really carefully there is so much that is dependent on what people say that have ulterior motives or an agenda. 

18 hours ago, kdramafan1 said:

I like Jin Se Yeong and that's why I started watching this series.  The male leads are very good too. I have had high hopes for this drama, but so far I am a bit disappointed.  

I don't think romanticizing a psychopath,  stalker and murderer is right.  Hopefully that perspective is only of the sick minded author of the GJC book (financee's mother). Any normal person being stalked by someone like GJC would be creeped out. 

I am still watching, only waiting for development between SB and SH.  

I don't think there are a lot of people romanticizing JC, more that we trying to understand why? And there are sides to him that are good. And if he has a split personality disorder is it actually JC that is committing the crimes or is it another personality? There are so many moral and law problems with this.. one personality is the murderer and the other has to take the fall. But of course he might just be a cold blooded murderer. :sweatingbullets:

15 hours ago, Carolina Baracaldo said:

Hello guys. 

No JC wasn't obsessed with resurrection, it is JB that is. :)

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Yes, i definitely appreciated this episode for getting more insight into JB's life and personality.  Also it's confirmed that he is a psychopath  and that's why he is always watching and analysing because he is trying to understand other people's emotions  interestingly, a lot of very intelligent and successful people have psychopathic traits including surgeons.  Now Sa Bin has recognised he is a psychopath but she has chosen to accept him anyway and that is a first for JB.  I agree that much like Ji Cheol felt for Ha Eun he sees SB as his saviour, his light in the darkness but I think in comparison to JC who could only observe HE from afar, JB and SB actully have a relationship which will allow her to influence him for the better.  

Do we actually know that he is a psychopath? I mean it looks like he has does tendencies. But I don't know how I would act growing up in that household. Would I be able to feel for others or even show my emotions? And if he was convicted as a murderer how much did that confinement and other convicts effected him?

Then there is the fact that he seems to care about the baby getting killed and abandoned in a grave in the mountains. That did not seem to be about resurrection. On the other hand he did say that it is the first time he felt someone else's pain, when SB was hurt. It is a lot to unpack with so little information.. I feel like there are a lot of people saying a lot of things about JB and KSH that might just be misleading. But this is why I love this drama.. :wub:

Well, i also curious about that pool scene thus i post it several days back and i thought i miss some scene, yet it still a mystery as if where SH hear JC's sayin' about to meet HE.

I kind download the video without subtitle and my Korean are not really good, thus sometime i really doubt if it is my mistake to understand the Korean or the misstranslation.

I often find that the translation is not the exact same word but they modified it so the viewer can easily follow the story.

There were alot of things need to be explained related the story like the brotherhood between the family. Since JB is from donor sperm, what about his brother. And why the mother also creepy LoL

Archived