[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

That's why I continue to look forward to unfold the tensions surrounding this suspense drama.  I wud'nt want to project what is happening each time the episodes are aired.  Because if you do, there will be so many theories and disappointments.  All I want to know is who is the mysterious person behind plot to target JC & SH, and WHY.  They will use SB as the victim, just like the car accident in the last episode where SB is supposed to get hurt, not SH. 

Lastly and hopefully I hope the 80s couple will get to fulfilled their destiny in the 20s.  This is the happy ending which some but not all will appreciate. But then, their fate is in the writer's hand.. which way will she go, that anybody's guess. l also love it that the 3 leads are interacting very well with each other as can be seen in the BTS.  And I always look for JSY expressive eyes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don know if its just me, but SH looks sexy in every scene...:sweatingbullets:

For the first time, JB was able to feel someone else's pain.  That is progress.

Looks like JBs rooftop is near where SB lives.

Did he move there on purpose.

I dont understand why JB allows HM to be close to him.

He is smart and knows that she has bad intentions.

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Looks like JBs rooftop is near where SB lives.

Did he move there on purpose.

Hi! This is my first post! :-)

I think JB definitely has a reason to allow HM to be close to him. I feel like he has some sort of purpose that keeps him moving forward, everything we see him do is done for a good reason.

Btw I might be completely off but I also think SH got engaged for the sole reason of having a close connection to HM. She might have some sort of information that he needs or so. I don't think he has any feelings towards his fiancee. 

On 5/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, kdramafan1 said:

I like Jin Se Yeong and that's why I started watching this series.  The male leads are very good too. I have had high hopes for this drama, but so far I am a bit disappointed.  

I don't think romanticizing a psychopath,  stalker and murderer is right.  Hopefully that perspective is only of the sick minded author of the GJC book (financee's mother). Any normal person being stalked by someone like GJC would be creeped out. 

I am still watching, only waiting for development between SB and SH.  

I do agree with you that JC shouldn't be romanticised because many of his actions were wrong.  However, because the drama showed so much of the narrative from JC's perspective it makes him a sympathetic cjhracter.  It doesn't excuse what he did but it makes much of it understandable especially given the physical, emotional, mental and sexaul abuse he endured growing up. 

On 5/8/2020 at 2:48 AM, whiteclover said:

Speaking on the girlfriend, any clue how they are going to wrap this up? I mean SH seems like a responsible bf even though he doesn't necessarily likes the gf? But then again, there seem to be some feelings involved given how they live together + how he takes care of her. The gf looks kind of scary though ...

This probably an unpopular opinion but I don't think he is going to end things with her.  Their relationship is obviously very serious and (as you said) he seems to be a responsible fiance.

23 hours ago, Yuui said:

Do we actually know that he is a psychopath? I mean it looks like he has does tendencies. But I don't know how I would act growing up in that household. Would I be able to feel for others or even show my emotions? And if he was convicted as a murderer how much did that confinement and other convicts effected him?

Then there is the fact that he seems to care about the baby getting killed and abandoned in a grave in the mountains. That did not seem to be about resurrection. On the other hand he did say that it is the first time he felt someone else's pain, when SB was hurt. It is a lot to unpack with so little information.. I feel like there are a lot of people saying a lot of things about JB and KSH that might just be misleading. But this is why I love this drama.. :wub:

We don't know for sure but it seems like he has psychopathic traits and he didn't deny what SB said.  I wonder if there is an explanation for the very disturbing imagery in his paintings.  I also agree that it might be a coping mechanism because of his twisted homelife and past.  Yes, I thought his pity for the baby showed that he is capable of empathy and it differed from his colder interest in the dying animal he found where he was only interested in resurrection.

21 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I hope SH remembers that detective called him HB.

I loved Ha Eun and Hyung Bin together:wub: I wonder if SH is even capable of being as lovely dovey and affectionate as HB?  

On 5/8/2020 at 6:35 AM, Swatkats said:

I feel like there will be a subplot where JB's mom who is in the university Management i think will get to know about their closeness and reprimand her and warn her stay away from him or leave the job.

Agreed. I can definitely see JB's Mommie Dearest going after SB for her closeness with JB.

17 hours ago, Kimac said:

That's why I continue to look forward to unfold the tensions surrounding this suspense drama.  I wud'nt want to project what is happening each time the episodes are aired.  Because if you do, there will be so many theories and disappointments.  All I want to know is who is the mysterious person behind plot to target JC & SH, and WHY.  They will use SB as the victim, just like the car accident in the last episode where SB is supposed to get hurt, not SH. 

Lastly and hopefully I hope the 80s couple will get to fulfilled their destiny in the 20s.  This is the happy ending which some but not all will appreciate. But then, their fate is in the writer's hand.. which way will she go, that anybody's guess. l also love it that the 3 leads are interacting very well with each other as can be seen in the BTS.  And I always look for JSY expressive eyes.

There are so many mysteries and questions upon questions.  I was thinking we should compile a list of all the questions we have.  I hope they start to answer them this week rather than making us even more confused!

It's going to be very hard to write a happy ending that satisfies everybody but I will keep hoping for a happt ending for all three leads.  Please don't let their tragic history repeat itself!

17 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Yes!  LSH is very good in the drama as both characters.  Perfect boyfriend material Hyung Bin and cool, immaculately dressed tsundere Kim Soo Hyuk. 

The intense way JB looked at her really reminds me of JiCheol.  SB has already become so important to him.  I hope he doesn't get hurt:tears:

17 hours ago, rocher22 said:

He seems to have known Hye Mi for a long time because she said she met him for the first time when he was 13. Maybe he stays close to her as she helps him out like finding the flat for him.

12 hours ago, rocher22 said:

That was a beautiful shot...

That scene was kind of dreamy...

It was a beautiful shot.  I'm surprised by how many beautiful shots there are in this drama as the director's previous works were all very utilitarian looking

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Ordinary pic from the set...but I like it...

It is a great pic.  Maybe it's because all the leads are so goodlooking but even their BTS images look a photoshoot:lol:

18 hours ago, Kimac said:

All I want to know is who is the mysterious person behind plot to target JC & SH, and WHY.  They will use SB as the victim,

Let me add my point of view. This drama moves the deepest and darkest sides of human psychic and the three leads  are against a powerful challenge - there are almost six types of personalities and it was a special reason they were chosen by the director and the screenwriter. Looking closely, all of them use their own attributies acting characters:  JKY - eyes ( the shape of the subtle swallows - provoking but innocent) and hidden shyness, JSY - her sensitivity, charming smile, graceful movement, inside intuition, LSH - almost a "dead" almost preserved by formalin face , dark, deep eyes...till now:).

The mysterious person/people behind  which made them a victim/a criminal can be in the same point of their past..but let it the screenwriter:).

SB can be a victim but the main rule is to be a catalyst for JB and SH. She was "attacked" by this car accident to stop her helpful relations towards the main characters. What is more, she is much more closer to JB as a natural woman's reaction - compassion and understanding - and the next - > to heal JB's hurt psyche ( who is behind? His mother giving him drugs(?) because of her affair(?),his father -true murder(?) who wants to make his step son to be guilty(?) etc. etc. ).I hope she will make the right decision and leave SH ( the hidden dark psyche, the corrupt detective, cheating his girlfriend whose mum is...JB's curator, protector(?)  - the scene with renting the room - and this is a question-- why? who? what?).

Generally, I am pro SB and JB and SH good realtions with his girlfirend.

My modest point of view:)

And why I watch BA..because of pictures, picturesque scenes, JKY's modest but meaningful acting and OST :)

Stay healthy in a good mood.

PS. on MyDrama list - Meg wrote a question: "...Does anyone else think there are some parallels between this show and Wuthering Heights?..." Yes. it is! Let's have a hope it will be only the inspiration not only a copied fabula :)

Hi everyone!

I want to mention some things that  I need to say and that worry me somehow.:sweatingbullets:

Everywhere I see people taking sides on who is the main lead of the drama. This writer has been misleading us all the time. I mean she has been giving different clues that are connected (weak)  and others that are more solid. For example, one clue that is shared by both  JB and SH is that they could be both HB and JC because of the fountain pen...the fountain pen was in the interrogation room, we can say that it was HB's because he was the one there, JC  found it and wrote all those things on the walls that night in jail. In the present both have fountain pens too, JB has a lot of them in a drawer and SH carries one in his pocket although his fiancee mentioned that he has a tie pen but he doesn't use it. As you can see this hint points to that both could be JC and HB. (If the writer keeps using the fountain pen as a resource she has to show us why if it was important to HB too with a flashback or somehow). 

Now.. there are other clues that are more solid and here I have to say that I found more solid arguments on SH side...lol. Yes, I'm biased and everything but I'm trying to be objective with this serious matter :sweat_smile: . A clue that is on SH's side is his connection with the red color and the red thread of fate, that as you know is a common believe in Asia about true lovers. In the past HB was the only one related to red and the thread because he is the true love (red rope around the mummy, the bears, the hairband).  In the present only SH is strongly related to that (if I'm wrong let me know please) because of his blood allowed SB see red color again  and also the red bracelet he has but with the wrong woman?.

JB saw red color and the hands of EH originated a  flashback that could belong to JC too that’s why for me it is not solid at all. 

The fact guys, is that the drama itself, it's mechanics and resources are giving us the stronger proofs of all because the story could be confusing and everything but those resources have to maintain the real love connection which is SB vowing to love only HB.

That's why if at the end of the day , SH is not HB it will be really disappointing, not only because most of all are in the SB-SH ship but most important, because it would mean that the show itself tricked creating all those hints and thus, distrust in the story besides, demonstrate weakness in terms of its own structure and logic.

1 hour ago, Carolina Baracaldo said:

that worry me somehow.:sweatingbullets:

Well, I don't know Carolina how many Kdramas you have watched - ( as to me, I started last year) so... I had the same many previous doubts, questions, worries etc...but Korean Dramas have their own life and their own rules impossible to understand or explain for the logical thinking audience. That's it :) Have a fun to watch but to try understand or follow the next step - that's always surprise :D.  I get used to :) after advice  of other soompie forum user's - it works!

...and my last thought - resurection? or the huge genetic experiment  with two victims JB and SH? which is controlled by the demonic writer Jang Hye - Mi with the participation of JB's parents etc...

2 hours ago, Carolina Baracaldo said:

Hi everyone!

I want to mention some things that  I need to say and that worry me somehow.:sweatingbullets:

Everywhere I see people taking sides on who is the main lead of the drama. This writer has been misleading us all the time. I mean she has been giving different clues that are connected (weak)  and others that are more solid. For example, one clue that is shared by both  JB and SH is that they could be both HB and JC because of the fountain pen...the fountain pen was in the interrogation room, we can say that it was HB's because he was the one there, JC  found it and wrote all those things on the walls that night in jail. In the present both have fountain pens too, JB has a lot of them in a drawer and SH carries one in his pocket although his fiancee mentioned that he has a tie pen but he doesn't use it. As you can see this hint points to that both could be JC and HB. (If the writer keeps using the fountain pen as a resource she has to show us why if it was important to HB too with a flashback or somehow). 

Now.. there are other clues that are more solid and here I have to say that I found more solid arguments on SH side...lol. Yes, I'm biased and everything but I'm trying to be objective with this serious matter :sweat_smile: . A clue that is on SH's side is his connection with the red color and the red thread of fate, that as you know is a common believe in Asia about true lovers. In the past HB was the only one related to red and the thread because he is the true love (red rope around the mummy, the bears, the hairband).  In the present only SH is strongly related to that (if I'm wrong let me know please) because of his blood allowed SB see red color again  and also the red bracelet he has but with the wrong woman?.

JB saw red color and the hands of EH originated a  flashback that could belong to JC too that’s why for me it is not solid at all. 

The fact guys, is that the drama itself, it's mechanics and resources are giving us the stronger proofs of all because the story could be confusing and everything but those resources have to maintain the real love connection which is SB vowing to love only HB.

That's why if at the end of the day , SH is not HB it will be really disappointing, not only because most of all are in the SB-SH ship but most important, because it would mean that the show itself tricked creating all those hints and thus, distrust in the story besides, demonstrate weakness in terms of its own structure and logic.

somehow agreed with u. the writer is really trying to confuse us by putting those hints u mentioned for both JB and SH. eventho it's more towards SH right now (i mean HB's soul) but somehow there are also a couple of scenes that makes us wonder whether JB is really a HB's reincarnation. so yep only times will tell us everything.

and thank you for pointing out the fountain pen part. I really forgot that HB also has one before. 

speaking abt the red bracelet SH wear with his fiancee, eventho that scene is with a wrong woman but again dont forget that when he first wear that red blacelet, he immediately thinking of SB. so a strong point to prove he is HB there. 

English translation of Episodes 5-6 Making Video.  All credit to lighthoney1610 IG for the translation

11 hours ago, Carolina Baracaldo said:

For example, one clue that is shared by both  JB and SH is that they could be both HB and JC because of the fountain pen...the fountain pen was in the interrogation room, we can say that it was HB's because he was the one there, JC  found it and wrote all those things on the walls that night in jail. In the present both have fountain pens too, JB has a lot of them in a drawer and SH carries one in his pocket although his fiancee mentioned that he has a tie pen but he doesn't use it. As you can see this hint points to that both could be JC and HB. (If the writer keeps using the fountain pen as a resource she has to show us why if it was important to HB too with a flashback or somehow). 

Very good point about the fountain pen and how it relates to both men.  I was trying to think how the pen related to HB but I forgot he had a pen and dropped it in the interrogation room.

3 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Love Heart made this video!

:heart:This is a great video. Great editing of scenes.  Thanks for sharing

New JBxSB video

Credit to lighthoney1610 IG

I think the kiss between SB and JB is real and it will be in the end of the episode, when they all get into that fight and JB protects SB and probably gets hurt while defending. SB then said, I like you, dont get hurt. 

1 hour ago, Swatkats said:

I think the kiss between SB and JB is real and it will be in the end of the episode, when they all get into that fight and JB protects SB and probably gets hurt while defending. SB then said, I like you, dont get hurt. 

im not sure abt the kiss but tbh i think the words where SB said 'i like you so dont get hurt' is for SH bc i remember i read a text preview for next episode somewhere, where in the next ep SB try to save SH when she saw he is in the fight with some gangster and maybe they managed to flee the scene.So SB blurted this words to SH afterwards. it does make sense right?

and abt the kiss, tbh i hope its an imagination or else it will just make SB characters looks so bad and terrible. and i dont want that to happen.

1 hour ago, galaxy97 said:

im not sure abt the kiss but tbh i think the words where SB said 'i like you so dont get hurt' is for SH bc i remember i read a text preview for next episode somewhere, where in the next ep SB try to save SH when she saw he is in the fight with some gangster and maybe they managed to flee the scene.So SB blurted this words to SH afterwards. it does make sense right?

and abt the kiss, tbh i hope its an imagination or else it will just make SB characters looks so bad and terrible. and i dont want that to happen.

Been awhile logging in to Soompi but I just can't held any much longer as am addicted to this drama so much, waiting for a week is really pure torture, this drama is making me thinking too much.

I agree, I hope the kiss between SB&JB wont happened at all otherwise it'll make SB looked like a player since she initiate the kiss with SH earlier.

So far that we know Ha Eun love was always clear directed to HB that she even make a vow to love him forever even in her next life & tied their fate together. If SB is HE reincarnation I don't think her feeling will be any different. So far, the way I see it, her feeling to JB is only a symphaty to his misfortune situation & not an affection like she seem to be having with SH.

Also, from ep 7 preview, I think SB is confessing her feelings to SH & not JB.

As the conversation I heard is more polite/formal there,  refer to the word she said Tangshin, she never use formal words to JB as he's 10 years younger, she always talks in banmal (informal) to JB.

So I guess they want to mislead us by giving us a scene where JB seem to kiss SB with SB voice we heard conveying her feeling in background when actually it's from two different sequences.

Regarding the stills for next week ep, I think some bad guys were hired to have SH injured/sent him a message, JB saw it & helped SH, but somehow he stabs one of the guy (referring to the clothes & the person's voice who was gasping in pain in the video preview).

19 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

Been awhile logging in to Soompi but I just can't held any much longer as am addicted to this drama so much.

I agree, I hope the kiss between SB&JB wont happened at all otherwise it'll make SB looked like a player.

So far that we know Ha Eun love was always clear directed to HB that she even make a vow to love him even in her next life & tied their fate together. If SB is HE reincarnation I don't think her feeling will be different. So far, the way I see it, her feeling to JB is only a symphaty to his misfortune situation & not an affection like she seem to be having with SH.

Also, from ep 7 preview, I think SB is confessing her feelings to SH & not JB.

As the conversation I heard is more polite/formal there,  refer to the word she said Tangshin, she never use formal words to JB as he's 10 years younger, she always talks in banmal (informal) to JB.

So I guess they want to mislead us by giving us a scene where JB seem to kiss SB with SB conveying her feeling in background when actually it's from two different sequences.

I too think that the words are directed at SH, but the previews being the previews are  confusing as hell on purpose :rolleyes:

Thus said I also think that the kiss between SB and JB is real, but possibly one sided. She probably thinks he is leaning in to fix her hair or something  :-)

Only one more day till the next episode! Super excited! 

Okay so I have a theory! So JC's execution, maybe it wasn't him that was executed. The people who had to press the button, couldn't see him, right? (Or could they?) So maybe they had somebody else in place of him since he had escaped. They didn't want the public knowing that he was out and since they were unable to find him, they faked his death. Because it doesn't make any sense since we saw what had happened. He was sent to an mental institution then he escaped, killed HB, caused the death of HE and shot himself. So how do you go from that to him being in prison and executed?

But still haven't figured out HE being alive and died 30 years ago even though SB is her reincarnation and is 32 years old... Doesn't make any sense.

11 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

Okay so I have a theory! So JC's execution, maybe it wasn't him that was executed. The people who had to press the button, couldn't see him, right? (Or could they?) So maybe they had somebody else in place of him since he had escaped. They didn't want the public knowing that he was out and since they were unable to find him, they faked his death. Because it doesn't make any sense since we saw what had happened. He was sent to an mental institution then he escaped, killed HB, caused the death of HE and shot himself. So how do you go from that to him being in prison and executed?

But still haven't figured out HE being alive and died 30 years ago even though SB is her reincarnation and is 32 years old... Doesn't make any sense.

SB's father saw the rope is moving and he asked   other guards to check it but nobody believed him so what if HB is really still alive after he pushed that button (maybe someone already made the rope loose or something) so its now possible that he still survived. as for the headshot, pretty sure thats not what really happened. maybe the writer just trying to trick us. i mean maybe HB did not even headshot himself. 

As for SB, i read somewhere that maybe she's the only one who are not the reincarnation of anyone. thats why from the poster she's the only one who don't have the shadow. so if that really what happened then it makes sense now why she's 32 and HE died 30 years ago bc she's not HE's reincarnation.

Archived