Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

FOE Poll 7: The ending  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the ending of Flower of Evil?

• Yes, the finale was a masterpiece and it gave the story closure
    • I liked parts of it, but wish we would have gotten more happy scenes in the end
    • No, I hated the amnesia

1) Who was Do Min Seok's accomplice?

i have no idea yet...will be unexpected...

2) Has Do Hyun Soo killed anyone?

i hope he didn't...he is able to do it ...but if he did killed somebody i hope it was to save someone or maybe  accidentally

3) Will we get a happy or a sad ending?

i want a happy end but i also belive he might die to save his wife or their child...

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, luffie said:

Really? I don’t watch many melos! Does this genre typically have a sad ending or bittersweet ending? Oh man, I am in for a ride!  

if it was old school melo, I would be betting on lee jun ki dying. :sweatingbullets: hahahahha... yea, they loved sad endings then. however, now there seems to be more bittersweet endings where things are left on an open note. sometimes that drives me nuts but at others, it feels apt. for me, this drama feels more optimistic and it is primarily because of the lighting. everything is so beautifully lit, the director takes advantage of sunlight and it all feels warm. sad depressing dramas tend to mess with lighting and create sombre depressing feel. so fingers crossed, we have an ending that we all enjoy regardless!

• Like 10
4 hours ago, glory said:

I- that'd be too wild  but let's see haha

:shaq: i havent seen a lot of incest related kdrama that involved main characters.. so it will be cool to include. Thats why Joon Gi turns scizoid

• Like 3

Public and cable networks need to follow certain requirements and are not permitted to show certain topics in the dramas. I think incest is one of them.

• Like 6
17 hours ago, partyon said:

1) Who was Do Min Seok's accomplice?

2) Has Do Hyun Soo killed anyone?

3) Will we get a happy or a sad ending?

1. Based from ep 6 it was someone who has the ability to make JYH's life harder if she will talk about the night she saw HSY. He said it was a 'he'. I don't know.

2. He thought he did kill someone but I think that he didn't actually.

3. Sad ending but I want to think that a happy ending is still possible considering the turn of events.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hi all!!!!! I have a question. I've heard great things about this drama and it has me very curious. Do you think I should start watching weekly or should I wait to binge it all after it finishes airing? Is the wait between episodes unbearable? Haha. 

Kamsahamnida

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Kdramakor said:

Hi all!!!!! I have a question. I've heard great things about this drama and it has me very curious. Do you think I should start watching weekly or should I wait to binge it all after it finishes airing? Is the wait between episodes unbearable? Haha. 

Kamsahamnida

@Kdramakor come watch right away so we can enjoy the ride together, analyse snd discuss about this drama haha

I honestly cant wait for next episode and keep rewatching scenes and have replayed the OST more than 100x it got stuck in my head even when i try to sleep. But it’s worth it to watch current episode so we can enjoy the ride and feeling the emotions for every episode. Thankkng all the forum members here and all the updates and analysis to help ease the pain of waiting! 

The coming episodes will start to be mellow i think, maybe you can wait for another 2 weeks then start if you dont like things ending on a sad note? They would peobably reconcile already by then and the wait wont feel as long lol 

On a side note im now scared of sad or open ending.. so far i havent watched many sad ending dramas, so I really wish this one has happy ending. I wish he get to clear his name.. hard i know as people will still put judgement on him so a sad ending might be more fitting but arghh i’ll lose sleep if that happens (and lots of tissiues lol)

• Like 12
21 hours ago, partyon said:

Even though I would be really overjoyed if he was given a chance to live a happy life and we get a nice ending, I am struggling a bit with the fact that the drama is suddenly showing him understanding other peoples' feelings and feeling genuine concern about his wife. This contradicts quite a lot how he has been depicted before this, so I am a bit of a loss over this sudden change in his personality.....

Agreed.But he could faking those feelings.Remember this is a guy who had to watch clips on how to smile and other emotions. He also asked the taxi driver at the hospital in episode 6 why he was so desperate to his wife's body when she is already dead. Like he wanted to understand why Ji Won was so upset when he asked her to go home and rest. It seems to me he is still lacking in empathy which is one of the telling traits of a psychopath.I still think he also doesnt love or understand the love emotion in the way, an average person does.But lets wait and see

• Like 9
On 8/14/2020 at 3:48 AM, Jillia said:

I also love that even though Baek Hee Sung didn't say everything he told Ji Won back then that he is twisted and violent and that he is seeing things. She still was ready to give him a chance and to be with him. It's a decision she made. Maybe a bit naive but in the end she made the decision on her own and based on what he told her. Even though his identity is a complete lie.

I like this a lot to be honest. That she was willing to give him a chance and to teach him. :D

Totally agree ~ Hee Sung outrightly said to her what kind of person he is and yet Ji Won still believes what she see. Which I definitely like that that is how she is approaching her knowledge that Hee Sung is Hyun Su. The care and love is there when she said to Nam Soon Kil's wife that there's never a witness to Hyun Su killing anyone as many claim to be.... she is giving him the benefit of the doubt... innocent until proven guilty... but when she said she'll make sure Hyun Su gets punished for whatever crime he committed, Idk if this is a good thing tho or not -_-

On 8/14/2020 at 8:23 AM, jazz85 said:

flower of evil 

|| Episode 6 Ratings || Nationwide 3.615 Seoul 4.030

wow congratulation they always number 1,..this rating is high when it comes to the late time.

I'm glad that even though this is in a very late time slot, it's still consistent on holding on to the average 3% rating which I know is quite hard to achieve even in an earlier slot so I wonder if the rating will be higher if it's not airing so late at night. Curious why mostly the Thursday episode gets the higher rating.. haha...

On 8/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, Lmangla said:

it is going to be a tough road for ji won -- she still very much loves this man; despite him telling her the truth in a dazed medication, she didn't run off to the police. she was waiting for him to wake up and her first reaction to seeing him was tears and a hug. but at the same time, when her brain turns on, she is wary of him and is worried that her worst fears and suspicions might actually be true.... so this is going to be one angsty melodrama of a love story! bring it on! who else is bored with regular romances. hahahahhaha....

You and me both ~~ nuff of child's play romances, we need an angsty romance, well, at least in a drama ezgif-com-video-to-gif-6.gif 

On 8/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

4) Do Min Seok's Dog harness and Do Hyun Soo's pet dog - unknown

Now that it was mentioned in Ep. 6 of Hyun Su having a dog for 10 years makes this very intriguing... of what could be the significance of the dog harness that Hyun Su always sees his father holding. Is he only seeing/imagining it after knowing that his father was the serial killer who uses it... or there could be something else more?

21 hours ago, partyon said:

On a side note, don't know if you noticed but we now have at least three fish key rings out there.

Wait, there are three? I thought there's only two, the fish key rings of the taxi driver and his wife (whose ring was given to Hyun Su by his sister). Which I believe was that one in Hyun Su's bag that Nam Soon Kil's wife gave Ji Won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My feelings on the episodes are almost explained and shared by most of you so I'm not gonna repeat them. Like many of you pointed out, I know we still have lots of questions that will eventually get answered as we go on so I'm not gonna worry too much about it as well. But, I just have to say that I feel like the real Baek Hee Sung also might be someone who has a connection with all the killings? What if he is the accomplice?... hmmm... that conversation he is having on the phone in his car before he run over Hyun Su tells me so. Just why is he in a coma, though, is the one-million dollar question. And at least he didn't run away after hitting HS too... hmmmm.... ezgif-com-video-to-gif-5.gif

Anyways, can we also admire the writers throwing in this scene of the cops pulling each other's hairs... never seen a boss do anything like that and even getting scolded :loolz:. I'm glad that they're putting some comedic scenes to balance the angst we are getting.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif 

I know that Hee Sung and Ji Won's relationship might not be the same as before now with all the revelation, but these future scenes is what I'm holding on as of now to balance out all the heartbreak we might experience along the way... 

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif -- this looks pretty much like a confrontation between them, probably with all the secrets and past out in the open...but then we also see this deep love and care they have for each other.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-2.gif 

And not to forget this one ~~~~~~~

Spoiler

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-3.gif 

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-4.gif 

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, JungRok said:

1) His daughter and one more accomplice - An Outlier. I do think the daughter was forced to sit, watch and learn how his father kill the victim. 

2) Do Hyun Soo accidentally killed the foreman as he tried to defend sister. But the sister made it worse. 

3) Sad ending but MC will meet FMC in another county or she and daughter will wait for his freedom from prison. 

4) My other suggestion is that the Father was in a relationship with the daughter. He child grooming the sister and eventually it became INCEST. The father also made his daughter as an item for another accomplice. MY MONEY IS ON INCEST!!! MADE THAT A TWIST

My answer is up top

Interesting on incest theory but I don't think Korean drama is ready for that...it's too much for propriety. you know how strict they are on these matters...it'll b too much to handle.

2 hours ago, Kdramakor said:

Kamsahamnida

Watch it weekly so you can brainstorm with us and guess theories...it's already been 6 episodes and we are all still guessing so you can still catch up:eats2:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004257789

Translation 

Spoiler

‘Flower of Evil’: Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon, from desperate melodrama to heart-stopping tension. A look back at Best Scenes TOP 4

Episode 6 opened a new chapter in the story as Cha Jiwon finally becomes aware that Baek Heeseong is actually murder suspect Do Hyunsoo. The drama has completely hooked its viewers with the breakneck pace at which the story unfolds and constantly unpredictable turns of events. Let us take a look back at the scenes that have kept you on the edge of your seats:

Episode 1: Signs of Lee Joongi’s (Baek Heeseong) real identity! His first encounter (in the drama) with Seo Hyunwoo (Kim Moojin) who knows everything.
Episode 3: Heart-stopping suspense from our couple! Lee Joongi v. Moon Chaewon’s hide-and-seek on the balcony!
Episode 5: Ending filled with desperation and melodrama! Lee Joongi’s monolog when realizing he feels ‘sorry’ as Moon Chaewon cries!
Episode 6: Suspicion begins! Confused Moon Chaewon’s outbursts, baffled Lee Joongi shifting between polar opposites of facial expressions!
The change in their relationship, hanging between doubt and trust, breaks viewers’ hearts and also makes them wonder how this relationship will further change.
Packed with iconic scenes that keep you alert, tvN’s ‘Flower of Evil’ airs every Wednesday and Thursday.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2020 at 7:56 PM, -Love Blossom- said:

I am glad that Moon Chaewon and Lee Joongi :wub: finally have a drama that gives them the opportunity to showcase their talent. Both of them are brilliant actors but their scripts are not always great. 

Thank you.You spoke my mind. I am a strong fan of Lee Joon Gi's and I say this sincerely, I am more happier for Moon Chae Won. At least LJG ended his unlucky streak with Lawless Lawyer. To me, Moon Chae Won has had an unlucky drama streak since 2015. Goodbye Mr Black, to Mama Fairy and the woodcutter, to Criminal Minds. All dramas where her character were not well written and not well directed. It doesnt help that they usually cast her with popular actors so the media spotlight is always on her costars not her even when she consistently gives good performances. Its the same with her movies too. She is so underrated.

This drama has brought out her best performance yet. Its like an upgraded version of her performance in Nice Guy/Innocent Man. Her acting is more mature.More depth.Her emoting is on point. I love her chemistry with LJG. The ratings this time dont matter.This is a good drama. I hope from this drama onwards, she continues to get great scripts and work in good productions that showcase her talent. 

See you after ep 7 y'all

53432160d82dda5683613a32f82613a3b383db8d

af7487e97767d76963e12d5c34805f4095d1f137

152b21a9ca35eb900dc193b61804462c679d8083

• Like 10
  • Love 6

OK i have a crazy idea: 

Spoiler

What If dms's accomplice is jung mi sook? Her body was never found right? And she might have given away the key chain to hae soo to give people the impression she was dead. And the cleaner probably saw her getting caught by someone who found out what she was doing? 

It's either that or the baeks definitely have something to do with it. Especially the guy in the coma, although I cannot In my mind figure out how they can be involved without the story becoming too far fetched 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3
9 hours ago, Jillia said:

Public and cable networks need to follow certain requirements and are not permitted to show certain topics in the dramas. I think incest is one of them.

:shaq: well its TVN.. huhu 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, JungRok said:

well its TVN.. huhu 

Unfortunately even tvN needs to follow certain rules. But I guess we have to wait and see what the truth is in this drama. We don't have all puzzle pieces yet. :D

• Like 9

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004256835

Translation

Spoiler

Flower of Evil’ Lee Joongi completes the narrative with his unmatched acting … starts to prove Do Hyunsoo’s innocence

Episode 6 sees Lee Joongi revealing new layer upon layer of Do Hyunsoo that’s been hidden by Baek Heeseong. Heeseong has made a miraculous recovery from the crisis where he nearly died. But he immediately sets out to hide his identity.
But without even knowing, he has let slip the most important clue to Jiwon (Moon Chaewon), the last person he wants to share the secret with. While unconscious, Heeseong said to himself, “I will never live as Do Hyunsoo anymore.” Jiwon then starts an investigation to find links between her husband Heeseong and Do Hyunsoo, keeping viewers on the edge of their seats.
As the story progresses, Lee Joongi tells Do Hyunsoo’s story with his delicate acting. Seeing Lee Joongi on screen, viewers have stopped being suspicious but started to try to prove Do Hyunsoo’s innocence.
In ‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joongi tells the story of Do Hyunsoo flawlessly shifting between suspense and melodrama, the complete opposite genres. Viewers wonder what more of the this story will break the hearts of small screen viewers.

• Like 11

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)

All chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!

We have chosen three sageuks:

1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

2) Empress Ki (with Ji Chang Wook)

3) The Moon Embracing the Sun (with Kim Soo Hyun)

All three dramas were big hits back in the day, some even achieving over 40% viewership ratings!

You can join one of the re-watch parties or all of them! It doesn't matter if you have already seen the drama or it's your first time. Everyone is welcome to join!

:piggydance:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon & @Lmangla

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
4 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

Interesting on incest theory but I don't think Korean drama is ready for that...it's too much for propriety. you know how strict they are on these matters...it'll b too much to handle.

Totally agree, Korea isn't ready for that kind of theme yet. Just like in The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, in the original Japanese version, the main couple was intimately involved only to find out in the end they're actually siblings but the K-version was modified. If this is a J-drama, it would be plausible :)

@partyon How does a re-watch party works? Like how can one join and what actually happens? Forgive my ignorance since I am not really familiar with all the activities here in Soompi  ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7.gif 

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
9 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@partyon How does a re-watch party works? Like how can one join and what actually happens? Forgive my ignorance since I am not really familiar with all the activities here in Soompi  ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7.gif 

No worries @lightbringer06. There might be other chingus on here who are wondering the same thing. :kiss_wink:

It's really easy. If you click on the link on my previous post, it will bring you to our events page.

On that page there will be a description of all the dramas that are up for a re-watch, as well as, links to the respective drama threads.

Simply go to the drama thread of your choice and post a comment on the thread that you want to join the party!

Here are direct links to the threads as well (just in case) :

Empress Ki

Moon Embracing the Sun

Faith

Just click on the title and it will take you directly to the drama thread! :kiss_wink:

There is more information on each drama thread about the re-watch party rules.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃