[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

Chingudeul, I just started this drama two days ago and I totally fell in love with this drama. I love the plot,  I love the twist. I love the ever handsome and not getting old Lee Joon Gi. His acting is so amazing. Being a detective fits Moon Chae Won. The story itself doesn't get boring. You'll crave for more. 

Ahhh,  just wanna share this fire in my heart since I don't have some good taste in dramas nowadays aside from  the ended PBIO and the recent premiered SecretForest2. 

Gonna stay in this forum. Gonna read your thoughts and share mine. 

Just like the post of this twitter account: THIS DRAMA DESERVES TO BE WATCHED BY EVERYONE. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@partyon & all amateur detectives, this drama i think got more questions than answers but to answer or speculate on just one of your topics i think DHS (kim ji hoon) must be the accomplice hence he's being hidden by his parents in that secret room in which even BHS I reckon didn't know of his whereabouts? that family picture spoke volumes, in a way my qstn tho is...is BHS not a biological son? he's just taking DHS' place temporarily and who knows maybe he's really not 'the bad guy' after all? i dunno if i'm making sense but that's what is mind boggling for me at this time, plus who's this sister who's not even in the family picture? LOLs i'm baffled as always hehehe

:please:

• Like 6

Just watched EP 8 subbed, and can I just say I LOVE CJW! 

She knows that DHS is not a killer and now she knows that DHS is not the accomplice of a killer either, so she is letting him go and ensuring that the investigation doesn't lead back to him. I think her plan is to keep up this charade until she can break up with BHS in a way that doesn't hurt Eun Ha. But she took of her wedding ring! :(

I think both DHS and CJW's investigations will lead back to the same person, the real accomplice. I am sure that this accomplice is the one that killed DHS's father. I also the Hospital Director is connected to this accomplice in some way. He knew who DHS was and everything right after the car accident, so there has to be a connection there. 

I wish he would just CJW who he is. She is dying to find a reason to forgive him, but he keeps lying to her. :( I also understand why. When people like MS tell him that if his wife saw his true self, there is no way she would stick by him, it has got to mess with his confidence levels. 

But I am sure he fell in love with her back then, he already said that being with CJW keeps his demons at bay. If not, then why cling on to this life? He can just breakup with CJW and buy a one-way ticket out of the country. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 7

28 minutes ago, sas79 said:

I wish he would just CJW who he is. She is dying to find a reason to forgive him, but he keeps lying to her. :( I also understand why. When people like MS tell him that if his wife saw his true self, there is no way she would stick by him, it has got to mess with his confidence levels. 

But I am sure he fell in love with her back then, he already said that being with CJW keeps his demons at bay. If not, then why cling on to this life? He can just breakup with CJW and buy a one-way ticket out of the country. 

I also wish he would just tell her. :( It’s so frustrating and heartbreaking how everyone makes him out to be a heinous monster. 

Like others have said, it does seem like he truly loves her! It’s just that he probably? doesn’t understand the concept/meaning of love, so he has a hard time equating his feelings for CJW as love... hopefully. lol. And like you said, if he didn’t love her, he really doesn’t have much of a reason to cling on to his current life. With his complicated and shady history, it doesn’t make that much sense for him to be married to a cop. It would be way too disadvantageous. 

That said, I wish he didn’t write off love entirely when he answered his sister’s question. Poor JW, my gosh! He could have said “I can’t quite say because I’m not sure what love entails.” Then again, I guess his cold answer is driving the plot, so... :( Poor poor JW! 

• Like 14

I really just want it to be out that CJW knows. I am DYING to see the angst part of the relationship already! It is about time that he is forced to accept his feelings or risk losing the life he is so desperate to keep! I mean even if he is not found guilty, unless he accepts his feelings for her and proves he loves her, she won't accept him back. BHS has had it easy with CJW falling for him first and chasing after her. It's about time the tables turn. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Hyun So should just come clean to his wife. 
Best option so far.....

He won’t be able to live as Baek Heesung anymore probably....

His wife is a detective so she can turn the case on his fake parents.

and expose the truth without Hyunso or Hae Soo getting caught. 

• Like 8

Actually in the scene where dhs shows his sister family photos, while his sister was gushing about eunha, he had intentionally shown his sister a picture of jiwon, and told her that actually mother and daughter are a like, they are both stubborn and bright (not sure if it's correct translation) and totally different from him. He was smiling slightly at this. It was such a bittersweet scene, its obvious that he loves jiwon, but not sure why he refuses to admit it. Later at moo Jon's House, again this part is based on my sketchy Korean, it seems he and his sister had an argument where he stubbornly refuses to admit that he can feel things emotionally, while his sister firmly tries to correct him, saying that she sees real change in him to know he is not unfeeling. Not sure if my understanding of the Korean is right, but I find his insistence that he can't feel is sad and disturbing; I think the writer is trying to say that after all these years of pressure of being identified as a psychopath, he mentally cannot identify himself as anything else anymore. So I feel in this case, his refusal to communicate with jiwon, and others, regarding his real intention and nature stems from real issues with mental illness or ptsd and not a plot device to drag out the story. 

However i feel so sad that jiwon had to hear that. Although I also though ep8 was the worst written of the series so far. Like how the hell does jiwon manages to overhear everything at the swimming pool when she's standing so far away? And what's with showing dhs suffering from chest pain and then showing us he is OK all of a sudden? All of these make no sense and it feels like the drama is submitting to the typical lapse in quality midway due to schedule and ratings pressures. 

Some parts that were strange to me

Spoiler

Not sure why the drama keeps focusing on the fact that the accomplice has a sharpie pen and like to write on people's wrists. The only character we've seen so far who does that is Kim moo Jin. Does that mean anything? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

did you guys notice BHS is having pain in his chest? in ep 7, I think he starts holding his chest twice (when on the phone with Kim Moo Jin and when talking with his wife in his workshop).... maybe he's not completely healed from almost dead situation and coma....

I imagine after almost being drown and cpr and 10 days in coma in hospital, he maybe not 100% healed. Plus he was so stressed with his wife in the basement, maybe his panic attack is actually 'real', not just because of smell of blood.

Maybe he has other health issues too, now.... not just mental issues. Poor BHS... His life must be so heavy since childhood til now....

You are on to something. He was also holding his chest at the end of episode 8. This time it was paralleled with real BHS waking up from his coma:blink:.

10 hours ago, Nodame said:

Yes,I was noticing too about the close up on the wedding rings . Something about the basic sanctity of wedding vows or relationship is trust (?). Right now, there is NO TRUST for JW now the world crumbled around her. She is grasping for straws and trying to figure out her hubby. She knows there is lot of evidence that is not good. But also she knows that he is  not 100% evil either. The layers of gray and their life together is making her thinking was it ALL a lie?!

It never crossed my mind till now. Its also possible he made them. He is a metal craftsman. If he made the wedding rings, then it makes it even worse that there is this broken trust and our Dyun Soo doesnt realise he loves his wife. I will also add wedding rings are a representation of love and commitment. If he pursued her first, i would say maybe he really is a cold and calculating man. But she pursued him first. He is not rich. He is not that educated. His social status is not on the higher end. He is estranged from his faux parents because of his marriage to her. His love language though very hard to read is action rather than words. I think the rings really have a strong significance if he made them.

774410baa853dc4182f43c7f5e56ea1f44f6cf14

384a26163bfc5ad8971c33d87dc5ae0e40ab6673

6921859ed1d0916fe81e2562f4d0c8362b71a5a0

• Like 13

translation of the synopsis of Episode 9 prev:

Spoiler

Heesung, Jiwon, Haesu, and Mujin  met  at Mujin's house. There is tension in each other's conversations while hiding the insides of each other. Between Heesung and Jiwon, who casually cheat each other, and those lies, new emotions that they didn't know before... Meanwhile, Heesung and Jiwon spurred their search for accomplices for their own purposes...

I am a bit tired from today so I'll post tomorrow my review.  I do hope that Hee Seung explains the truth to Ji Won and learns more trust in her as she'll crumbled down in the upcoming episode knowing his lies

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:05 AM, patheticsane said:

I had a feeling again that the original BHS (Kim Ji Hoon) was force to be in coma state by the father (hospital director) - like the Yong Pal series of sleeping beauty. I feel that he is the true evil, like if he wake up he will cause so much chaos (real serial killer). 

And even everyone admit that Do Min Seok is the serial killer, I believe there is something with this Baek's family had done to the Do family like blackmailing them to take all the blame from the serial killing. Remembered what BHS aka Do Hyun Soo says, it is all about reputation - if you are doing good, no one will blame you if something bad happened.

Baek family have a good reputation, and who will blame them if they are related to all this dark serial killing. Just my two cents of instinct.

And I still belief with this theory before haha. There's something about this Baek family that we cannot simply take for granted.

But to add on, may be Do family is the victim of the local society.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi folks! I found a very nice thread on Twitter regarding Do Hyun Soo’s emotional journey. I have not watched episode 8 and will come back here later.

Anyway this thread gave a good insight on how he still can’t process emotions like a normal person would. I remember that he told CJW that he is sick in the mind. Maybe CJW has not realized fully up to what extent his sickness is? So perhaps it will take some time for her to understand it unlike how his sister and Kim Moo Jin does. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, violina said:

The struggle is real my dear.

Oppa fangirl in me(BHS): He hangs her clothes even after 14 years of marriage as she tell him all about her work and he listens attentively at like 3am in the morning.He cooks fancy meals, cleans, raises their daughter. He says no word about her crazy hours and just lets her sleep in while he cooks or does childcare in the mornings? All the while offering hot sex on demand?. Basically the perfect house husband. He is good looking and well groomed. I’d put up with a semiannual murder spree for that, tbh. Maybe even once every three months. We can negotiate.

Also me(CJW): If I was Cha Ji Won and I found out a man made me take on a fake surname, kept mute while I was being subjected to humiliating treatment for years by those fake in-laws. He would be talking to me via a divorce lawyer and the only thing we would be discussing is child custody of Eun Ha.

LOL..... the dilemma is real.... I understood both views completely, specially Cha Ji Won's view. I, myself a divorcee with children and yes, I would do everything (most of my decisions) for the sake of the children.

Just like Cha Ji Won for Eun Ha. But the difference here in my case, my ex was not LJG/BHS (almost perfect husband/dad for Eunha) hahaha.... so I divorced him right away for kids' sake hahaha....

As for Ji Won, if having a husband like BHS, I would probably keep him and keep his secrets hidden as well... I mean I would keep such handsome husband like LGS by my side LOL.....

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Now watching episode 8 and honestly this episode is what I needed after getting overloaded with episode 7.

So the real BHS finished his enlistment and usually enlisted men are required to undergo the Military Reserve Training as reservists after they finish their service (if I'm not mistaken it's months after). I hope somebody can translate the document. Upon checking the date, the talk happened during fall season and in that same period, real BHS has to go in for the training. DHS is quite good in asking the right questions. I must say the accident that happened occurred in most critical period (because changes happened) for Baek family.

Both Baek parents have fair share of their faults against their real son. However, it seems that Baek Man Woo is the one who has a lot of dirt in their family because of the ambition for power and prestige.

I can seem to understand Do Hyun Soo's side especially when he emphasized that he does not know what love feels. Although it's devastating on Jiwon's part, I think that last line is essentially what she needs to hear at that moment. She fell in love with a man who needs therapy and time to process emotions properly.

I find it interesting that Do Hyun Soo just went to the door and finally face his wife as Do Hyun Soo. I think he finally follows Moo Jin's advice to him now. :lol:

In the preview, I think the scenes showing Do Min Seok are flashbacks. I think episode 9 will finally move even further for the mystery to be solved.

I think among everyone who understands Do Hyun Soo, his sister comes first. Then Kim Moo Jin comes second since the trio reunion talk was crucial for him to finally understand Do Hyun Soo. Cha Jiwon may be at the far end but who knows, Do Hae Soo will push her to be in the same rank as Kim Moo Jin too.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

That poor bunny I sure hope Hyun Soo didn't hurt it!:cry:

Moo Jin ahahahah! He continues to have the best lines, not to mention provide comic relief. I enjoy his scenes with Hyun Soo. They're like a comedy duo.:joy: He obviously still crushes on Hyun Soo's noona, Hae Soo aigoo-ya~

I feel bad for Ji Won when she overheard Hyun Soo sayin' he doesn't love her, neither does he know how it feels like... oh no! My heart broke when she asked him if he loved her.. :pensive: Still Ji Won putting her feelings aside, is doin' her best to be professional at work. I admire her so much.

Hee Seong's awake now, where will this leave Hyun Soo..?! Geez his folks are absolutely toxic ugh.:rage:

And lil Eun Ha - what did she see..!?  

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Still Ji Won putting her feelings aside, is doin' her best to be professional at work. I admire her so much.

me too she is AWESOME!!!Hee Seong's awake and i bet Hyun Soo won't be able to live as him anymore...i just realised his marriage is fake...he used another man name ...what a mess!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just another thought that maybe Gong Mi Ja can live another life as Eunha’s grandmother part-time or partly, if that door is still waiting for her. For some reason, I think she’s one of the few aside from Do Hyun Soo who deserves a second chance at life despite of the illness they have. 

Eunha basically is the new generation yet not blood-related version of the real Baek Hee Sung

Also I think the lapses on CJW’s knowledge on mental health is there for a reason? It’s frustrating but the drama makers are trying to show us that while police can do mind games or tactics, but when it comes to mental illnesses and symptoms they still need to learn. 

For the ending, I still hope that drama makers will let Hyun Soo get therapy once he is cleared. 

Edited by smartiegal
  • Like 10