[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

20 hours ago, noor1 said:

1) Okay I'm going to say something very unpopular on the forum: I think ML and FL should break up for good. That's the best and clean break for FL (especially since this guy lied, and didn't even love her, so everything that was built between them was a lie) and she can see a mutually happy normal future with Det. Choi who is a real sweetheart. Also, this will allow ML to die / sacrifice himself as BHS honorably without his daughter living with the stigma of his double identity / serial killer / accomplice whatever legacy. 

I second that. I really want to punch him in the face for lying and saying he doesn't love her for 14 years, god. No matter how bad his upbringing, if Jiwon is me, I'd certainly leave him for good. But this is a drama, and some part of me wants a happy ending, I have mixing feeling about this.

6 hours ago, violina said:

I mean look.She already heard that "he doesnt love her". She burnt Do Hyun Soo's bag and recorder and made her resolve to let him live as Baek Hee Sung.That she would break it off when the time is right.But she still asks if he loves her. Like she is still in denial.When you watch this scene, you can hear it in her voice and even see it in her face(Moon Chae Won is excellent at micro expressions) like she was still clinging to a tiny bit of hope. 

The way she paused and gulp a little like she's trying to force the question out, my heart breaks for her:sad1: 

everytime I've watch this scene, I thought, no, Hyunsu you aren't getting my baby back unless you did something grand for her!!:isannoyed:

Edited by armyta_
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Watching Episode 8 while eating is not a good idea, I couldn't even chew my food properly while watching those sad scenes ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif 

So, Ji Won only wanted ONE reason to forgive Hyun Su. And I'm pretty sure that would be LOVE. Yet the sad thing about it is that she personally won't hear those words from him. She is willing to set aside her own feelings for the sake of their daughter, Eun Ha. I totally feel her pain when she told Eun Ha how much she loves her right after hearing those words from Hyun Su. 

Now, Ji Won is a smart cookie, she knows Hyun Su has a personality disorder, so instead of focusing on the words coming out of his mouth, she should look past it and more on his actions. Because let's admit it, Hyun Su isn't a man of his words but a man of action 24.gif . But I guess the deceit and lies isn't something easily forgiven as well.

Hae Su, I believe, will serve as the medium between Ji Won and Hyun Su. She knows his brother better than he knows himself, as she is able to tell that he has changed. 

I guess the realization on Hyun Su's part of how he truly feels about Ji Won and his family would be this .... I mean, just look at those tears. We're finally get to see him cry too ~

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif 

I really have this love and hate relationship with Moo Jin.. LOL...

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif 

He is so biased against Hyun Su in Ep 8 that I wanna spank him... aigoo... and Hyun Su's reaction is just so me ~~ But I'm glad that Hyun Su told him what he really wanted so Moo Jin could at least understand him and his purpose.

Now with the real Baek Hee Sung waking up, looks like this is gonna get much messier. How could Hyun Su protect his identity as Hee Sung now? 

So some things were cleared up and some things added more to some questions... 

= Hae Su was the one who killed the village man and Hyun Su protected her -- CHECK

= The mother is the cause of the real BHS's comatose. But what did she actually do? And why is she willing to end his suffering now? Why now after all those years?

= The voice in that recorder is probably Hyun Su's mom... guess he finds solace just hearing her voice that he gets so mad at anyone touching it.

= Did Do Min Seok really committed suicide? Or did the accomplice has something to do with it?

= Curious as to why Do Min Seok would make Hyun Su recite the Myeangsim Bogam during his childhood. It looks to me like it's a sort of punishment if he doesn't do his biddings. I looked it up because it might be somewhat significant and it was a book titled "The Precious Mirror of Bright Mind" and it emerged to provide relief from strife and share universal wisdom to guide human relations and balance one's mind. Koreans have taken comfort from this book-nowadays as well as the recent and ancient past.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

3 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

The only problem I have with the script is so the Baeks decided to fake a whole RickRoll'D Son to protect the dad’s job and reputation?

like he will lose his place if son is injured in an hit and run .. Is this real? 
can they just rule it as an accident and heal Do Hyunso  in secret and let him go?

I think they would have healed DHS and let him go if their son hadn't ended up in a coma. They faked a son to protect themselves not from the hit and run/healing DHS in secret but from whatever they did to their son. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Watching Episode 8 while eating is not a good idea, I couldn't even chew my food properly while watching those sad scenes 

So, Ji Won only wanted ONE reason to forgive Hyun Su. And I'm pretty sure that would be LOVE. Yet the sad thing about it is that she personally won't hear those words from him. She is willing to set aside her own feelings for the sake of their daughter, Eun Ha. I totally feel her pain when she told Eun Ha how much she loves her right after hearing those words from Hyun Su. 

Now, Ji Won is a smart cookie, she knows Hyun Su has a personality disorder, so instead of focusing on the words coming out of his mouth, she should look past it and more on his actions. Because let's admit it, Hyun Su isn't a man of his words but a man of action  . But I guess the deceit and lies isn't something easily forgiven as well.

Hae Su, I believe, will serve as the medium between Ji Won and Hyun Su. She knows his brother better than he knows himself, as she is able to tell that he has changed. 

I guess the realization on Hyun Su's part of how he truly feels about Ji Won and his family would be this .... I mean, just look at those tears. We're finally get to see him cry too ~

He is so biased against Hyun Su in Ep 8 that I wanna spank him... aigoo... and Hyun Su's reaction is just so me ~~ But I'm glad that Hyun Su told him what he really wanted so Moo Jin could at least understand him and his purpose.

Now with the real Baek Hee Sung waking up, looks like this is gonna get much messier. How could Hyun Su protect his identity as Hee Sung now? 

= Hae Su was the one who killed the village man and Hyun Su protected her -- CHECK

= The mother is the cause of the real BHS's comatose. But what did she actually do? And why is she willing to end his suffering now? Why now after all those years?

= The voice in that recorder is probably Hyun Su's mom... guess he finds solace just hearing her voice that he gets so mad at anyone touching it.

= Did Do Min Seok really committed suicide? Or did the accomplice has something to do with it?

= Curious as to why Do Min Seok would make Hyun Su recite the Myeangsim Bogam during his childhood. It looks to me like it's a sort of punishment if he doesn't do his biddings. I looked it up because it might be somewhat significant and it was a book titled "The Precious Mirror of Bright Mind" and it emerged to provide relief from strife and share universal wisdom to guide human relations and balance one's mind. Koreans have taken comfort from this book-nowadays as well as the recent and ancient past.

Maybe Do Min Seok, being a psychopath as well, saw that his son Do Hyun So is having difficulty in being a psychopath so he is trying to teach him, "the previous mirror of bright mind" because this was how Do Min Seok learned to control himself or guide himself? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, H0ney said:

I hope CJW can give a chance to his husband and family. DHS may not perfect as a human but he is a good husband and brother. He always protecting his family from his sister, his wife and his daughter. He does more for them. if I was CJW, I would prefer a husband who can not say 'I love you' but he wants to help me to cook and taking care of our daughter :heart:

10 hours ago, an-naum said:

Even though DHS have disorder, he is a responsible person to his family. I love that. He might reluctant to say the word ILOVEU bcoz he dont understand the meaning of that.

I was joking when I wrote this a few pages back:

Oppa fangirl in me(BHS): He hangs her clothes even after 14 years of marriage as she tell him all about her work and he listens attentively at like 3am in the morning.He cooks fancy meals, cleans, raises their daughter. He says no word about her crazy hours and just lets her sleep in while he cooks or does childcare in the mornings? All the while offering hot sex on demand?. Basically the perfect house husband. He is good looking and well groomed. He is self employed and is good at his craft.

But its true.I agree with you. Lets put the mushy "I love yous" aside. On the practical side.He is marriage material.We can do a survey. Choose

a) a man who has mental health issues but fits this description above plus what you said,

b) A man with no mental health issues and says I love you. But cheats, is narcissistic, does not play an active role in parenting, has insecurity issues because the wife is in a male dominated profession.

I can bet. Most women would go for (a). The men in category (b) are the majority while its rare to find men who fit description (a)

Well, my family also not keen of saying the word "I love you" to each other. Its cheesy, cringy they said. 

I can relate to this :lol:.Its meaningless when the person is not sincere about it or just say it as a formality.

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Now, Ji Won is a smart cookie, she knows Hyun Su has a personality disorder, so instead of focusing on the words coming out of his mouth, she should look past it and more on his actions. Because let's admit it, Hyun Su isn't a man of his words but a man of action 

Its easier said than done.But thats the only way. Luckily she said something along the lines you are saying some episodes ago.Not once but twice:

fa63559dff2cb57ff2f859d73a108448acb7b129

dfb06c11a9457850c6cb2b4c7e94d2580f6a831b

ebc92748a4e8f072968915ac683482a5f62f3458

Let me quote what someone said:

I feel like this show really focuses on the idea that Ji-Won knows the real Hyun-Soo even if Hyun-Soo thinks he’s fooling her. And she really does. Hyun-soo probably just scoffs this off as her being fooled by him to think that she knows him but unbeknownst to him she got to know the real him before he got the chance to. His trauma doesn’t allow him to understand who he really is, but Ji-Won has managed to see him underneath all that. And this idea is repeated in many instances so far throughout the show. 

I hope and believe the more she digs into his past and proves his innocence. The more she will see the fuller picture of how damaged Hyun Soo is. The more she will understand his why he says and acts the way he does. Then she can make a concrete decision to stay or to divorce.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, scarletcryz said:

woahhh wait! this came from myx abscbn? as in? i am very happy now because i want this drama to be more well loved in my country . i want them to watched it and not focused only on romance. ( lol ) . do filipinos now watched FOe? i asked some and they complain..

they want it to be on netflix. but they know it is good based on peoples recommendation and review.  so they wish to make it as a netflix show soon ( can that happen? ) .some are not yet over to the other drama ( of yeji ) .... 

Hey, I'm here too... your fellow countryman 60.gif When last week's episode trended in Twitter, I was so happy to know that some fellas also watch it ~

13 hours ago, violina said:

New Ship...fake grandma and eunha:lol:Eunha has her wrapped under her tiny little finger.

A product of a person with personality disorder issue and a cop... HAHA... EUN HA == the Natural Manipulator 43.gif 

12 hours ago, LeeMoonSquare said:

Real BHS is awake!! Yikes! Why do I feel like there will be a love triangle soon., ah no never mind.

LOL... I love how that came out of nowhere ~ you mean, DHS-CJW-BHS love triangle ? 

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

I agree @lightbringer06! I actually think that.... Baek Hee Sung aka Do Hyun Soo might be unable to say "I love you" because he doesn't know the meaning behind those words? Just my guess.... I still haven't watched episode 7/8 (as I promised because I had no time), so bear with me. I will get back to that when I watched those episodes. But that was my thought when I saw this scene from the episode.

Yes ~ It's pretty clear to us viewers at this point that he does. If he doesn't understand the feeling, naturally, he won't know the word for it. This drama would probably end with him finally recognizing what an emotion would feel like.

• Like 5

I would like a happy ending.

I want this for her sake:

26622ea10226f3ddf42ffcc50277966b50663112

1691ba5d853e01f5037b573cc924684d6c1efa3b

3dbfd15baa6844b8a87c966fa2548d0d3191681a

Sad ending.They separate for good.Hyun Soo dies. Or both. I dont even want to think of how much any of these outcomes would destroy Eun Ha.How do you explain why a seemingly happy mummy and daddy are no longer staying in the same house to a 6 year old? Or where and why daddy is no longer in the picture?

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, an-naum said:

KMJ can have the sister as his, right? He seems like a good guy now.

6 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Hyun Su's reaction is just so me ~~ But I'm glad that Hyun Su told him what he really wanted so Moo Jin could at least understand him and his purpose.

Me too. I was happy our "non-emotional" Hyun Soo went off on Moo Jin about his lusting over Hae Soo. This was a guy who dumped her in the worst way and said the worst things you can think of to her. He abandoned her when she needed him the most. He had the audacity to be drooling over her in the presence of her brother after 18 years. He has yet to give a proper apology to her.He also hasnt properly apologised to Hyun Soo for the past bullying.He excused it as teenage childish behaviour.

I was rolling my eyes so hard when Hae Soo was apologising to him when they first met because, her father turned out to be a serial killer and how it must have been really hard for him. And he stood there and said nothing. Hae Soo is already carrying alot of guilt because her brother has had a difficult life for her sake.he should have comforted her .

6d8df031e3403e4061cdc3be7db631162ab6c5df

But I cant hate him completely because unlike the other villagers.He is not so prejudiced and is willing to help him clear his name.I think he will play a big role in Hyun Soo's recovery and help save Hyun Soo's marriage.He is funny too(This actor's comedic timing is pure gold).

5cbe7f4f4bf72b38b84b6f87b6e0ee88b7d094a8

f9f9c13f5214eeea0cc9ca1b7dcc6a106577b7d5

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Sorry since I mostly post my reactions on Twitter and I have this Thai drama I follow on the weekend distracting me , I tend to forget about Soompi lol

@violina I posted the same thing about Moo Jin on Twitter. I didn’t find it funny to see him drooling over Hae Soo and I didn’t mind Hyun Soo dragging him for it. A real lack of self awareness. Dude, did you even apologize to her? Like where does he get off? Oh wait, he’s gonna blame it on being a teenager. 

For the Ji Won thing, I clearly don’t wish to be in her place. She’s stuck between a rock and a hard place. I mean legally she’s married to another person and her daughter is in that said person family registry. I kinda find weird that she didn’t try to investigate where the real BHS was. Did she just assume he died? I thought she followed the evidence after investigating lol At the end of the day, I do need her to confront him. This whole “I’m gonna pretend I don’t know” till she makes the decision to kick him to the curb doesn’t work for me. I also hated that she burned the bag. Isn’t that a crime? It belongs to a known suspect. Like her sunbae told her, she needs to choose where to stand. She cannot be in the middle. Just cause she heard that HS is looking for the accomplice, she just goes “Oh he’s not a killer so let him live the way he wants ”. Mmmh what if it’s a trick and he knows that you were tracking him? I know she was hurting overhearing their convo, but girl!  Lol I still don’t trust him. He “may” not be a killer, but he is still a manipulator and liar so lol Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike him. Not at all. His character is so intriguing and I mostly love my characters dirty  Lol They are way more interesting and I’m glad JG landed this role. It’s just this whole “poor little innocent and good guy” going around, I can’t relate to that. 

:whytho:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Watching Episode 8 while eating is not a good idea, I couldn't even chew my food properly while watching those sad scenes 

Now, Ji Won is a smart cookie, she knows Hyun Su has a personality disorder, so instead of focusing on the words coming out of his mouth, she should look past it and more on his actions. Because let's admit it, Hyun Su isn't a man of his words but a man of action  . But I guess the deceit and lies isn't something easily forgiven as well.

I agree with you on the Hyun Soo and Ji Won topic. I think he does love her, but he doesn’t know that he does or recognize it because he doesn’t know what love is just my thoughts on that. My theory is the accomplice l come after the Eun Ha and that’s going to force Hyun Soo and Ji Won to work together to save her. 

I’m still curious why the parents put real Baek Hee Sung in a coma. Especially because it didn’t seem like he was injured in the accident. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8

I wonder how they’re going to explain to Eun Ha that her daddy suddenly has a different name and that her surname is going to change too :joy:

Even though DHS didn’t commit any murder, he still lived under another person’s identity for 14 years, for what he will be punished for... poor EH, she’s going to be heartbroken if her dad’s going to be in jail.

• Like 11
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Even though DHS didn’t commit any murder, he still lived under another person’s identity for 14 years, for what he will be punished for... poor EH, she’s going to be heartbroken if her dad’s going to be in jail.

i could not agree more!poor child!!!he will still go to jail for sure!!!i wonder if he will still have a home and familly to return...i feel so sad when i think...

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

1.When Do Hyun So want to register as Baek He Sung, his finger print is reject .we know the reason

2. The marriage is registered in the name Cha Ji Won and Baek Hee Sung.And now Baek He Sung is wake up:wut:

3.CJW must clear DHS name for re register their marriage

4.what happen with DHS after real BHS wake up?

5.Who character can we trust in this drama.Kim Mo Jin?Detective Choi? detective IM(I am sure he is nice guy) , Do Hee Su? the chief detective?

I can't trust Baek Hee Sung, Baek Man Wo, the chef

6.What will CJW do after meet DHS in KMJ house? Will they team up?

7.The only one way is CJW must confess to his team that DHS is clearly clean and not the accomplice and must chasing the real murder with CJW team.

• Like 11
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, aisling said:

I wonder how they’re going to explain to Eun Ha that her daddy suddenly has a different name and that her surname is going to change too :joy:

He can get a new name...

• Like 7

12 hours ago, violina said:

Me too. I was happy our "non-emotional" Hyun Soo went off on Moo Jin about his lusting over Hae Soo. This was a guy who dumped her in the worst way and said the worst things you can think of to her. He abandoned her when she needed him the most. He had the audacity to be drooling over her in the presence of her brother after 18 years. He has yet to give a proper apology to her.He also hasnt properly apologised to Hyun Soo for the past bullying.He excused it as teenage childish behaviour.

I was rolling my eyes so hard when Hae Soo was apologising to him when they first met because, her father turned out to be a serial killer and how it must have been really hard for him. And he stood there and said nothing. Hae Soo is already carrying alot of guilt because her brother has had a difficult life for her sake.he should have comforted her.

But I cant hate him completely because unlike the other villagers.He is not so prejudiced and is willing to help him clear his name.I think he will play a big role in Hyun Soo's recovery and help save Hyun Soo's marriage.He is funny too(This actor's comedic timing is pure gold).

Yes, I find myself quite irritated by his actions in Episode 7 to 8. I get he doesn't like Hyun Su but he's no better. It's like he was forgetting how he bullied him in the past and the way he treated Hae Soo. And he still has the nerve to drool over her after all these years. I also don't buy that "because I'm young" excuse. And even say it's because he's young blah blah, did he ever apologize for that? No. So before he can ask some apology from Hyun Su, maybe he should do it first since he is the "normal" one compared to Hyun Su. 

But yeah, at the end of Episode 8, he got redeemed before my eyes with the way Hae Soo handled the situation. But let's see how he acts from now on. That scene when he said, "Why are you so pretty?", it's funny in the BTS because Lee Joon Gi was like, "Huh, I'm pretty?" 43.gif 

5 hours ago, Kayllee21 said:

I’m still curious why the parents put real Baek Hee Sung in a coma. Especially because it didn’t seem like he was injured in the accident. 

It was implied in Ep7-8 that the mother had something to do with it. Remember Hyun Su asked that same question to the father, he was the one who got into an accident but why is the driver in a coma. Probably in a fit of anger, the mother did something to her son, for God knows what reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, curious as to why the mother was acting like this when she learned that Eun Ha is doing a homework (?) that is quite advanced for her. It's telling me that she had this relationship with his son, since the real Baek Hee Sung seems to be an intelligent person. Perhaps as parents, they've been pushing him to be the best he can be academically but that may have put a strain on their relationship as well.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif 

I also hope Hyun Su getting these chest pains don't mean anything. Every time he feels Ji Won is so close at finding out who he is, he feels this pain.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gifezgif-com-video-to-gif-2.gif 

I wanna think that's just it, that the fear of losing his "now" makes him hurt. I don't want to think the writer deliberately put it there for another angst we actually don't need right now. And not some kind of repercussions of his car accident before.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 4

23 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

The only problem I have with the script is so the Baeks decided to fake a whole RickRoll'D Son to protect the dad’s job and reputation?

like he will lose his place if son is injured in an hit and run .. Is this real? 
can they just rule it as an accident and heal Do Hyunso  in secret and let him go?

Its crazy but from what Grandma Baek said(she said a lot in episode 8), it seems like Grandpa Baek is a narcissist.The worst kind.Seems like he is also an absent father and paid attention to his son when it benefits him.

Grandma Baek: When Hee Sung took his first steps, where were you?When he first learned to write his name, where were you?When he was in the hospital with pneumonia, when he went to competitions, when he came home with awards!Where were you?When Hee Sung got into an accident and was looking for his dad, where were you? Why didnt you pick up the phone that day?Living his life hanging in that room, did you do it for his sake?For my sake?No!Its all about you!

One of the hallmarks of a narcissist is portraying a "perfect image". They will do everything to protect that image even if it means destroying everything in their path or hurting people in the process. If you recall, they said at the time the accident happened, he was going to be promoted to be director of the hospital.Maybe having their "perfect son" being involved in a car accident caused by him talking on the phone while it was raining wasnt good for his image:whytho:.Its crazy but possible. I also found it creepy how their son's sick bed was surrounded by all his awards. He also told fake Baek Soo in previous episodes that if by any chance his identity is about to be exposed. He should go far away to a place where nobody knows him. I dont know maybe there is more to their story.I am just rambling now.

• Like 11

I try to understand why DHS want to live as Baek Hee Sung

1. He have happy family with CJW and Baek Eun Ha.

2.His past is so tragic.He take a blame as murder suspect for he's sister sake because he think he has no future.People blame him as bad boy. village citizen do ritual excorsim and thought he had evil spirit.His father teach him to hurt rabbit,may be another bad lesson.And if he don't do it he will get punish(we will get more info about how psicho his father )

3.only person who love him in past is her sister.that's why he want replace her sister as murder suspect, kept evidence in his bag and take a blame as murder of village foreman.

4. After met CJW his live is change.He felt love, accepted.and after CJW rescue him , I can see he began sincerely express attention to CJw.he even asked Park Yung Choon how it Feld to be left behind by a loved one.He consider feeling guilty to CJw when he drowned.

5. after look how much CJW love him (, he don't wanna loose his special person in his life who change him.CJW can make him smile sincerely )he get like heart attack whenever he think CJW will discover he had lied and maybe CJW can leave him.He is being leave by his beloved's mother.

• Like 12

The more I think about it, the more I think the real bhs is the accomplice. 

If the real bhs is a killer, it would help to explain a lot:

1) why the baeks were willing to keep a potential murderer as their adopted son. In ep 9, it is obvious dhs had no idea what happened to the real bhs, thus it doesn't seem like he has any valuable leverage against the baeks to deserve this proposal. Rather, the baeks were pushing this arrangement to him, and I just don't buy that the only reason was to protect their reputation. U don't invite a murderer into the house for that kind of reason. They could only have done it because they knew for a fact that dhs had never killed before and had been taking the  blame for bhs. They wanted to keep dhs close as it could potentially be dangerous for them if he starts snooping around and find out that bhs is the real culprit. Also if dhs stands in as bhs, if bhs ever gets caught for what he did, dhs can continue to be the scapegoat. 

2) bhs must have ran away from home and joined the employment agency. The agency must had have an arrangement with do min seok where do min seok helps to dispose of bodies for them. Bhs gets to know dms this way and starts to treat him like a father figure since Baek man woo is mostly absent from his life. However spending time with do min seok warps his mind and he develops an interest in killing people. I think at this point in time he is about 20 years old since he was born in 1982, it is possible that he carried out some of the murders. Or perhaps do min seok passed the torch to him, and he had started to commit his own set of murders, starting from jung mi sook. Maybe do min seok was grooming him to be his successor. 

3) he has an interest in do hyun so. At the funeral he specifically asks for him. I think this is because since he treats do min seok as his father, he becomes jealous of do min seok caring for do hyun so and hence has taken some level of interest in him. It is possible that do min seok initially tries to groom do hyun so as his successor but gave up as hyun so refuses to kill and that's why he recruited hee sung instead. 

4) gong mijia knows her son is dangerous.  After bhs brings the injured dhs home they are alone with gong mijia since BMW didn't answer his phone. Bhs realizes dhs's identity and tries to murder him. Gong mi jia sees this and does something that lands bhs in a coma and saves dhs's life. She and Baek man woo discovers fingernails in their son's belongings and find out the truth that they never wanted to uncover. 

Also, I m starting to get suspicious of Kim moo Jin. I don't think he is the accomplice as hae soo would have recognized him at the funeral, however, I think there is something fishy about his character. Based on haesoo's apologies to moo Jin, there seems to be something the writer is not telling us. Also, when moo Jin and dhs visits the grandma, moo Jin drops a voice recorder under her cupboard. I also thought it suspicious that moo Jin was let off so easily by the taxi driver. Maybe later on we may see ji won uncovering the voice recorder and a recording of the conversation between Kim moo Jin and the taxi driver that night. Also, in ep 9 we are never shown Kim moo jins actually conversation with the taxi driver after hyun so asks for his help to dig more info from the taxi driver. This in itself is suspicious. There have been some whispers among Korean bloggers that the show wouldn't cast seo hyun woo as just a comic relief character.

Something fishy is going on. So my theory is this: 

Spoiler

Kim moo Jin is the one who killed do min seok. In the video, he sees something in the basement, and his reporter instincts make him confront do min seok about it. Something happens and moo Jin ends up killing min seok. 

Baek hee sung hears of do min seoks death and is devastated. Jealous of do hyun so, he thinks that hyun soo is the one who killed min seok, and sets out to kill him/frame him for the murders. He records the tape to the witness and implies he is do hyun so by saying he is the one who killed the village foreman so he could kill her as well. 

At the ahjumma house, the taxi driver questions moo Jin on whether he is do hyun so, moo Jin tells him that he should thank him as he's the one who killed min seok. This is captured in the voice recorder which will be revealed later. 

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1