[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

@nrllee I just got off with subs...very good.  And all my questions answered. Thanks for explaining... And at least for all my fellow LJH fans here...oppa is a good guy ...YAY!!!! :joy:...how many dramas now have we seen him in where we question his character..black? White? grey?  Lol!

I love Hyeong Ju . His character is very endearing. While I am not sure why the rest chose the reset path, his character was the only one shown to have done it not for himself but for his friend to live again. I liked the way the dog connected our two leads..funnily the dog recognised him in the reset..so that is a big clue for us to remember in coming episodes.  @nrllee noted on the change in her clothes. Good one . Must remember that too. Also the fact that she knew the lotto numbers and the train accident means that she is coming from the future ...at the time that she met them before the reset..that was her future memories inhabiting her 2020 body...what do you all think? 

Time travel dramas always have plot holes - the universe is set by the writer. So what's important for the writer is to pre-determine the rules of his/ her universe and not make it too complicated. Looking at it positively,  at least the writer has removed the possibility of the the past and future selves meeting face to face (since the time travel is not a physical one) ...this is always a problem in other time slip dramas that I have watched.

Ooo and about romance...I would not mind. They look good together plus Hyeong Ju is the ultimate fanboy and will be what they call a successful fan ...:lol:

Drama has been trending and I read on twitter that k nets liked the show. 

Spoiler

More stuff from the press con

Spoiler

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem yes finally he is a “good” character  :lol:.  Although wasn’t he also “good” in A Poem A Day (I don’t know. I didn’t watch).  

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

at the time that she met them before the reset..that was her future memories inhabiting her 2020 body...what do you all think? 

Yes that’s what I think.  She said something very cryptic in the beginning...how she just had a “special experience” when she explained how she knew about the accident to him.  Then she says this

BBAED2-BA-F740-46-D9-8418-F789181-FA3-EE

8-FB0-F3-C5-0-FB6-4707-A32-A-4-AF96-F5-A

Why does she say that for the train accident?  Was she one of the dead?  The injured?  Anyway she seems to know how to push their buttons to get them to say yes... the lotto (promise of riches) for those who were down and out.  All but the pregnant lady said yes.  I wonder what happened to her?  Why was she picked if the psychiatrist already knew how they would respond?  Assuming she’s already from the future?  Lots of questions. :lol:

The PD is good in this drama for building tension.  The whole limo scene driving through the barren grasslands...the black birds flying in the background (death premonition).  And the scene above with the hourglass (time is ticking).  

Her practice is called ZiAn??  Does it mean anything in Korean? Or is it meant to be “Zion” (heavenly kingdom).  Or is it Chinese (it means self peace - peace within yourself)? 

Back from Ep 1 (1/2)

Loving it and the goosepimples I got at the end!

Looking forward to Ep 2 (or 3 /4)

I think all must be connected somehow and it wasn't random chance.

Isn't it the Butterfly effect being explored here?

PS LJH is cute here....

Very interesting first episode. There's plenty of mystery/intrigue to keep me engaged in the story and so much I want to know...especially about the ZiAn psychiatrist. As you mentioned @nrllee, what is the meaning behind that when a certain date comes, she goes back to the past and relives her life again? Same as you, I don't quite believe her when she said the folks were randomly picked by her. They all must somehow benefit to her existence? @triplem I agree that based on her knowledge, she should be someone from the future.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I love Hyeong Ju . His character is very endearing. While I am not sure why the rest chose the reset path, his character was the only one shown to have done it not for himself but for his friend to live again. I liked the way the dog connected our two leads..funnily the dog recognised him in the reset..so that is a big clue for us to remember in coming episodes.

Okay...with how it opened, I was momentarily tricked into thinking that LJH's character was going to be a con artist and I was like "oh no...", but thankfully, it turned out Hyeong Ju is totally a good guy! How he deeply regards his hyung/sunbae and chose to go back for him says a whole lot about him. Also, I loved how he fostered Maru as his own. So, it was really nice to see him reunite with both in the reset. I also liked how Maru connected the two main characters. Really good point on how s/he recognized Hyeong Ju in the reset.

I have always loved watching Nam Ji Hyun so I am super happy to see her as the FL here. Her character may be upset about the affair between her fiance and friend, but honestly, it is better that she found out much sooner than later. I hope she eventually realizes that they are not worth the heartache. And whatever her relationship will be with Hyeong Ju, just friends or possibly romantic, I am looking forward to see them "work" together. If I heard the preview right, it sounds like they will navigate the "death game" together?

Finished with sub. I like the vibes. I think I can safely say this one is a keeper.

My guess for now is one by one they will die, so yeah, it's probably going to be sort of like a race against death kind of story?

The name of the place is 至安 which could mean Ultimate Peace/Safety, or Towards Peace/Safety, going by the Chinese characters.

This may not mean anything, but the guy who died and did not make it back to the meeting at the end of the episode, he had a pen and was making note with him in the limo. The lady already said that nothing can be brought back during reset, only memory. Could he be punished because he "cheated"? There is another guy with folded paper too, but seems like he is only memorizing and not making any notes.

Patiently (well kinda..) waiting for eng sub for ep2.With '365: One Year Against Destiny', 'Hyena' and 'Nobody Knows' i’m totally fine with this whole social distancing thing))
Hope everyone is feeling fine) Let’s all enjoy some social distancing with k-drama gods help))

giphy.gif

I don’t hv time and energy  to recap in detail tonight but do prepare yourself lots of surprises. 
preview for next week 

BTS of LJH’s fanboy moments :joy: and some scenes from tonight

Summary: oppa is still as hot as ever

I don't want him this talkative but okay fine.

Can someone please photoshop our Spanish PM together with them? Lololol so that he could go back in time and lock down Catalonia and Madrid much, much earlier.

3 out, 7 to go.. I have a 'And then there were none' wibes with this one. At this point i suspect that everyone in this group is connected to each other somehow. I also have a suspicion that Yang Dong Geun character work on Kim Ji Soo char.. Or mb not :blink: Survival game indeed. 

P.S

Good news, everyone: 

MBC’s “365: Repeat the Year,” which premiered Monday to ratings of 4.0 and 4.9 percent, saw a small increase in ratings on day two, hitting averages of 4.4 and 5.0 percent in ratings.

Avoid A, A still happens but maybe to someone else

The World flows as usual. The choices you make may affect you, but it might be disastrous for others around you.

I haven't watched the Japanese version so I am anticipating the next episodes!

So... finished watching and I am a bit upset with Ga Hyun for just rushing into things without thinking. She is meant to be a webtoon artist who thinks about crime in her webtoons.

I agree with Gaming Geek. Learn the rules first and try to figure out how you are all connected. And perhaps that's what she was trying to do at the cafe before Hyun Ju came in.

PS. I still love NJH. Just a tad frustrated (at this point) with her character.

Emoting wise - she is still daebak!

14 hours ago, triplem said:

I don’t hv time and energy  to recap in detail tonight but do prepare yourself lots of surprises. 
preview for next week

BTS of LJH’s fanboy moments :joy: and some scenes from tonight

love love this. 

Brilliant Ep2.  The butterfly effect was mentioned by the psychiatrist.  Essentially it is the phenomenon in chaos theory whereby a minor change in circumstances can cause a large change in outcome.

It sounds like there are some things you can change but some you cannot?  HyeonJu saved his Hyung but did someone pay for that?  The delivery guy who died because he passed out at the wheel?  GaHyeon avoided her paralysis but she found out about her best friend cheating with her fiancé...and then the same accident happened to her friend except she died (she wasn’t just paralyzed)?  YeonSoo tried to avoid the repeat of the hit and run (and her marriage to her abusive fiancé) and she did...but her fiancé ended up being the hit and run driver...and I guess he killed her (he was abusive)?  The psychiatrist told YS to avoid dying at all costs because she (YS) successfully reset her life (no longer the hit and run driver) - that seems to be the “rule”.  It would appear that the same rule applies to all of them.  If they successfully reset their lives, they need to get to the end of the 365 days without dying?  

This conversation between YS and the psychiatrist was enlightening.

7405-AD63-72-E0-44-D7-BBEA-D639-AFEC7-C7

then YS laments, “is this really destined for me?”

LeeShin (psychiatrist) says, “the advice I can give you is always the same.”

0-E8-FBA4-A-52-C8-4976-9394-8-DBA39-E4-F

487-F39-C5-C57-A-44-FF-9-CF8-012338-D28-

This seems to imply that you reset and then you try your best to survive the 365days...and you can keep doing that (reset) till you get to an iteration that suits you?  If you drop out (die) before the end of the “game” you’re out?  I don’t know what LeeShin’s final desired outcome is but it sounds like she didn’t like the ones she ended up with in previous resets...so she’s trying this current one.  YS seems to be one that wasn’t just randomly selected (no phone call).  Although one could argue that HJ wasn’t  randomly selected.  His boss seemed to know about ZiAn and recommended he go there for therapy after the death of his Hyung?  Did she seed that thought in his mind?  It seems too coincidental?

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년 - Mon & Tue @ 22:05 KST

@taeunfighting Hyeong Ju has this sweet dorky disposition to him...and I love that he is such a fan boy at heart - I was tickled when he wanted to find out more about the ending of the comic from GaHyeon.

@nrllee To be fair , he's played a number of good guy roles - A Poem A Day  ( a personal favourite) , Are You Human Too etc but he's reputation playing questionable shady characters ( Stranger, DS60 ) gets a lot more attention. :lol:. But being versatile, I like how he's interpreting HJ's character. 

So back to the drama, I have all sorts of random thoughts and theories in my head...

1. Is there some sort of interconnection between the fates of all the resetters,  in particular they are all linked to GH?  HJ and GH are linked by him caring for her lost dog. SY was the one who hit GY prior to resetting.  YDG ( the gangster) was the one who got rid of SY's husband's car.  The rest we have yet to be shown.

2. These 10 are in some way linked to Lee Shin. This is at least Lee Shin's second time resetting . She probably has done it many times considering that she knows enough of the rules. I wonder why they never ask her why them? Or did they?

3. GH's webtoon is called the Hidden Killer . Would that have some answers to what is going on here?  

4. Gamer boy's prediction that whoever who gets up next will be the next to die.....that was not the case but his theory may not be too far off...maybe GH's life was supposed to be next, but if you can somehow use the knowledge of your pre-reset life to help you avoid meeting the same fate ( like what HJ did to save his friend and the judge etc in eps 1) , death can be avoided. That could be what is needed to survive this "game"

LJH's agency posted his cuts for the press con and the radio promotion

Spoiler

8 hours ago, triplem said:

Hyeong Ju has this sweet dorky disposition to him...and I love that he is such a fan boy at heart - I was tickled when he wanted to find out more about the ending of the comic from GaHyeon

Hyeong Ju's adorkable nature did come out more in episode 2. There is something sweet and endearing about him (as you previously mentioned). I can see why his hyung/sunbae treats him like brother and why Ga Hyeon naturally trusts him - given that they were practically strangers to begin with. I like that he is looking out for her. It was funny when he was trying so hard to find out who Samson is from her. (I assume Samson is the "hidden killer”?). It seemed like she would give into him, but can’t because of contractual obligations.

@triplem Regarding your thoughts and theories above, I have similar ones percolating in my mind too.

1 & 2. I feel the resetters are somehow connected GH to some level/degree while there is likely a direct connection between Lee Shin and GH. She seems to have more of an interest in GH than the others.

3. I also think there is likely a correlation between the webtoon and their reality. Perhaps there is a similar Hidden Killer in real life as well. Lee Shin told GH to think about the reasons why she is here and how she will use this time. Maybe because she can understand and create the mind of a killer, she will be of help to HJ to catch the one in real life? It can't be a simple or mere coincidence that he is a fan and familiar to Hidden Killer. With Yeon Soo's death/murder, we may find out more.

4. I agree that if they use their knowledge from the future, it seems that they could maneuver around fate, but it causes other changes to happen around them (the butterfly effect). The Gamer, with his skills, might be useful to HJ and GH to strategize and approach the rules of the reset.

There is also something peculiar with Maru. It was odd how he ran off and ended up with HJ in episode 1 then Yeon Soo in episode 2. It’s as if he was meant to lead GH to find both of them in the reset.

15 hours ago, nrllee said:

I don’t know what LeeShin’s final desired outcome is but it sounds like she didn’t like the ones she ended up with in previous resets...so she’s trying this current one.

Based on what Lee Shin said in episode 1, her life or ability to live seems to be dependent on a certain date. I wonder if she needs GH and the rest of the resetters to somehow redefine her own fate.

@taeunfighting yes to all your points.  Regarding Hidden Killer, GH refused to tell HJ who “Samson” was (I assume he’s the hidden killer in her webtoon).  She even added that she could “change” the ending even if she told him to keep the surprise element.  I have a feeling (like you and @triplem) that she’s the key.  She decides how and if everyone gets out of this reset.

Good point about Maru as well.  I am wondering if one of the rules of the game is that the world stays in equilibrium regardless.  So if there’s meant to be an event in the lives of those who’ve been reset, it stays a constant.  The car accident had to happen.  Maru had to be “lost”.  But not sure why HJ’s Hyung gets a free ride though...or is that coming?  And yes with the gamer.  He’s definitely someone who is working out what the rules of the game are and he’s staying on the side watching till he knows how to play.  But we don’t know what his motivations are for joining the game.  Is it just for the thrill of being in the “Matrix”?  

Archived