[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

As far the trophies, I think the mystery person is possibly trying to point out that in reality, one cannot defy or change fate...it could even lead to less desirable outcomes. 

You stated that you are not convinced that there is a killer. So, do you think this person that collects the trophies knows who will die next? They are there to pick up each victim's belongings knowing that they are about to die?  

The flower was asked to be put in the meeting room. So I didn’t automatically think it was for Lee Shin. In fact, I am questioning if it is for Lee Shin (owner of the place), the blonde girl (person who sees it first), or HJ (person who takes and reads the card). Writer is smart in making it vague. 

One thing i noticed about the trophies is that there is an empty frame above it as if the frames were for pics of the owner.  I wonder if it could signify that the owners of these items were not really the original owners? Like for eg the wife of the security guard said her husband never buys lottery tickets not even scratchcards. Also, what about trophy for the delivery guy?

I'm loving this show! It has been anything but predictable. Cinematography, color palate, intelligent direction also big plus for me.

But watching live so sooo stressful. 
Imo the main message here - don't f with timeline. Just don't. Kinda scary to see the consequences that happen when one little thing is changed. Just a slight adjustment and voila - 4 dead. And now it seems we indeed have 'hidden killer' for realsies. 
And everyone looks suspicious to me. Well except for Hyung Joo - he's just sweet cutiepie.
Or is he..?

200.gif
Or mb it all just happens in Ga Hyun imagination? Mb she was in coma all this time after car crash. Like Han Tae Joo in 'Life on Mars'.

Her drawings look's kinda.. oh well.. 'hidden killer' indeed :blink:

If only i could binge this one.

Sorry for the rant))

P.S.

I just love reading all the comments and theories in this thread)) 

P.P.S.

i have no option but ship

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

You stated that you are not convinced that there is a killer. So, do you think this person that collects the trophies knows who will die next? They are there to pick up each victim's belongings knowing that they are about to die?  

Yes, not quite yet, but I do think that this person knows who will die next and somehow, he's able to get a piece of their belongings. If he is a killer, one that I can't figure out is how he could have obtained the lottery ticket from the security guard who died of a heart attack. Unless he didn't really die of a heart attack...

There is def so many possibilities for how they will explain the murders, who did it (maybe it is more than one person) and the whole reset thingy. I just hope that it is not too far fetched or silly. The only thing I am convince of is that the main characters will realize it is better to go back to the original timeline. All this is a type of trial (like ‘THE MATRIX’ type of thing). It is still very fun to watch during these stressful times and the oldies music is making me miss my Dad. 

One thing that looks so weird here. Why they would still listen to LSA after all those lies keep repeating. I mean, getting answer from her won't be that easy since she has her own agenda with all the reset plan from the beginning. Now the rest reset squad remains 6 people. Among the 6, I just believe with GY and SJ. Lol. 

So in the end GY's webtoon turned to real. She writes Hidden Killer and SJ a fan of her story. Now both are end up hunting for the hidden killer who is preying on them. 

The killer took all those victims belongings as his trophy collection. And he puts them into some nice display. Who could it be?? Who sends the flowers?? Hmmm... I still believe it all begins from the LSA. That flower could be one of her plans. 

Oh... is there any space for some romance here, even it's a tiny I don't mind. :lol: He just want to give her the earphones only to get pushed away that hard. Lol. 

18 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

In ep4 Hwang went to meet up with LeeShin but we were not show what their meeting was about.

Is Hwang the old man? The owner of 36.5 cafe?  I thought the hint was the pamphlet Serin found at the cafe.  It was a place for dementia/strokes?   Could it be that he was diagnosed with dementia?  Or would be later on?  And he was wondering if he could possibly avoid that?  

Still haven’t had time to watch the most recent episode.  Hope to do so tonight. 

EDIT - just watched Ep4, it was his wife in the Sanatorium for Dementia.  He said in and earlier episode that it was through the reset that he managed to buy the cafe 36.5.  His wife loved coffee so he decided to buy it (he used to be a regular patron of that cafe) and start up the business.  That was what he said.  Not sure how much of it is true though?  

This is LS’s first time to reset with others.  She claims she’s been through many before but by herself.  Why would she do that?  What was so “bad” about her life that she would want a “reset”?  If she “reset” multiple times, chances are she could’ve seen all of them professionally at some point in their lives?  And she went back to a time where they didn’t know her?  She knew that there was a killer in the midst.  Why else would she have told YS that she needed to survive at all costs?  She knew about the train derailment in the future (2020) and the lotto numbers (2020) so presumably she had traveled back to that time (2020) from some future time.  The hidden killer would’ve also known what would happen in this iteration though?  He seemed to know where they would be at any one time and where best to kill them?  

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

It was a place for dementia/strokes?   Could it be that he was diagnosed with dementia?  Or would be later on?  And he was wondering if he could possibly avoid that?  

His wife is there. Maybe he is hoping to prevent her death? We don't know much about his story yet. 

I guess the drama tries to convey a message that going back to fix what you think is a mistake is actually making no difference. It could be worse.They all alive before the reset and now some are dead and the rest are in turns to be the next target murder. 

I notice they change from the calender to feb 2019. They're still in the past right. Then, everything that happened before the reset was annulled. So will they keep going with the story from the reset (with some are already dead) or they'll return to the present 2020 (before the reset). Either of these two choices, I guess that killer is still connected to both. Well, I might be wrong.

The other thing about the flowers.  They arrived at the security guard’s place (the one who died of a heart attack after winning lotto) 2 days prior to his death?  As if the murderer mistimed it?  Why not on the day of his death?  And his wife said he had quit smoking and stopped drinking a while ago?  So she was surprised that he took one drink and then died of a heart attack.  Trophy room seems to be a collection of things the person prized?  Did YS prize her phone so much?  The musical box and lottery ticket is understandable but why the phone?  :huh:  What about the first guy though?  The one who was supposed to have died in the car accident after the reset?  There should be 4 items?  Not 3.

@nrllee maybe because her phone is studded with diamonds? :lol:

One of the reasons why I guessed the killer is the delivery guy is because we’re not shown his. And the guy who played the character is quite well known supporting actor. He wouldn’t just appear a few times, not much lines and disappear forever from the story. As opposed to the pregnant lady. Pretty sure won’t see her again. 

So the thing that I’m wondering about is how GH’s webtoon has an effect  or link on what’s happening.  In other words is what’s happening in this reset time line of 2019 giving her inspiration to draw or unintentionally she’s already decided the fate of everyone in her drafts . A couple of scenes somewhat struck me - HJ’s   Hyung mentioned in passing to him that he too has started reading Hidden Killer & the main character was a righteous guy called Ji Hwan ....could this be our detective?  . Then , they made it a point to show GH meet with representative from her publisher, where he was surprised she’s been able to give him the drafts of the stories for the next 6 months . Of course , she has done this before , so she could whip them up so quickly. I just feel her webtoon holds the key to some answers they need . 

The flowers - I don’t know if they are for Lee Shin. In fact I don’t quite  trust her . She may hv intentionally send the flowers to the meeting as a smoke screen , make the others think she’s also one of them & is being targeted. 

———

hi @corey Glad you joined us. Don’t worry , our webtoon artist gets her act together and is key in finding the clues . She was just emotional in earlier episodes given what happened to her & her assistant..

OST 1 

Spoiler

OST 2 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, triplem said:

I just feel her webtoon holds the key to some answers they need . 

I agree.  I think potentially the killer is one of her fans.  Or has read her webtoon before in 2020.  So he’s re-enacting the deaths portrayed in the webtoon real time now in 2019.  Which is why her drawing of YS was so similar to the actual death event.  And GH holds the key. Remember how she says she can change the webtoon story (when HJ asked her to reveal the killer and she said she can tell him and then change the ending after the event so it would still be a surprise?).  If she changes the story midway now moving forward, it would certainly throw the killer off (or at the very least confuse him because he would see the disparity).  He’s relying on memories of the webtoon she had written before the reset (he can’t physically take a copy back in time).  

I am in 2 minds about LeeShin.  She seems to know more than she’s letting on.  I am not sure she’s in cahoots with the killer.  But I think she certainly does know that to reset again, she needs to get through the 365 days alive.  So potentially she’s just in it to save her own hide.  She may have intended well with the group reset, but now that she realizes there’s a potential for all of them to die (her included), she wants them to make sure she’s back with the herd (safety in numbers).  If she’s on her own, she’s going to be easy to pick out and killed. 

Gamer’s suggestion that the order of the kill was according to seat placement was debunked then?  BJT is still alive.  Stock broker died before he did.  

Archived