[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem I wonder why they are so behind? :lol:  Not like it was a big hassle to just release the statement?  SOOP is pretty big and manages lots of big stars?  :blink:  Some don’t even bother confirming till script reading pics come out and then they just assume everyone knows already so they don’t bother releasing anything.

@nrllee I wonder why too , maybe waiting for MBC’s official announcement today .

Asian Wiki updated the descriptions 

10 people, who dream of having a perfect life, travel back in time to 1 year ago. They are able to reset their lives there, but mysterious cases take place that threatens their lives.

Ji Hyung-Joo (Lee Joon-Hyuk) is a veteran detective and he has 7 years of work experience. He gets an opportunity to travel one year into the past. He enjoys his life that has been reset, but he learns that people who have traveled back in time, like him, are involved in mysterious cases. He tries to reveal the truth behind that.

Shin Ga-Hyun (Nam Ji-Hyun) is a webcomic writer. She has published her popular webcomic series “Hidden Killer” for the past 3 years. Shin Ga-Hyun is a workaholic and sensitive perfectionist. One day, she has a sudden accident. The accident turns her life into hell. At this time, she receives a proposal to travel back in time, to one year ago. Shin Ga-Hyun resets her life, but she faces an unexpected case.

———

( hmmm I wonder if the mystery has to do with her book . Could she change the fates of these characters by what she writes? ) 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

hmmm I wonder if the mystery has to do with her book . Could she change the fates of these characters by what she writes?

Sounds plausible.  Isn’t it based on a Japanese webtoon?  “Repeat”?  Or something like that?  I guess if anyone’s desperate they can hunt that down and get a synopsis (spoiler).  :lol:

10 people though...not just the 2 of them.  But I guess with their backgrounds, they could well be the ones to piece it together...there could well be a “hidden killer” amongst the 10? :o  For goodness sake let it NOT be LJH this time PLEASE... Just play the straight up good guy for a change JoonHyuk!  JuSeYo. No more twists that turn you into some hidden Monster.  Seriously that’s getting old... you need to add some good guys in your resume to keep us guessing?  Time to change your modus operandi.  

@nrllee the lead characters for the Japanese adaptation are different from this one. In that one the leads hv like a noona romance & the male lead is not a detective . The FL is a librarian. So I think this is only a very loose adaptation of the J Version 

From Asian Wiki

Spoiler

Ayumi Shinozaki (Shihori Kanjiya) is 33-years-old and works as a librarian. Keisuke Mori (Kanata Hongo) is 23-years-old. He wanted to become a cameraman, but had to give up on that goal. Taro Tendo (Gori) is 40-years-old and divorced. He holds regrets about his son.

One day, Ayumi Shinozaki receives a phone call. A man’s voice states "one hour later, an earthquake will occur." One hour later, an earthquake actually takes place. The caller introduces himself to Ayumi Shinozaki as Kazama. He tells her she can go back in time to 10 months ago and change what she wishes. 8 people including Ayumi Shinozaki, Keisuke Mori and Taro Tendo participate, but they face something they did not expect. Under the difficult situation, Ayumi Shinozaki and Keisuke Mori develop feelings for each other.

I know right, I also want him to be a straight up good guy ...:joy: But I’m sure there’ll be point in the drama where he will make us doubt his character 

——-/———

Edit to add : Soompi article 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1370632wpp/nam-ji-hyun-confirmed-to-lead-new-mbc-time-slip-drama-alongside-lee-joon-hyuk

Nam Ji Hyun Confirmed To Lead New MBC Time-Slip Drama Alongside Lee Joon Hyuk

Dec 10, 2019
by J. Lim

Nam Ji Hyun will be making her return with a new drama!

On December 10, it was confirmed that Nam Ji Hyun will play the lead female character in the upcoming MBC drama “365: A Year of Defying Fate” (literal title, hereafter referred to as “365”).

“365” will tell the story of people who go back exactly one year in time to create the perfect life for themselves, but they find they are trapped in a mysterious survival game as their futures become unclear.

Nam Ji Hyun is set to take on the role of Shin Ga Hyun, a webtoon artist who has been working on the popular webtoon “Hidden Killer” for the past three years. Though she has gained considerable wealth and popularity, she has always been working hard on the series and has never had time to enjoy life. She’s a sensitive perfectionist who can’t stop thinking about one bad comment even if she’s received a thousand good ones, and she’s an intense workaholic who refuses to let go of her title as the author of the best-reviewed work. However, she suffers from a sudden accident that has her life in free fall, and it’s in that moment when she receives an offer to reset her life.

This will be the first time that Nam Ji Hyun takes on a genre piece, and anticipation is rising as she has created three-dimensional, charming characters in past works like “Shopping King Louie,” “Suspicious Partner,” and “100 Days My Prince.” In “365,” she will be working with Lee Joon Hyuk, who has also been confirmed for the drama.

“365” is set to air in 2020.

From Soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371070wpp/kim-ji-soo-and-yang-dong-geun-join-nam-ji-hyun-and-lee-joon-hyuks-time-slip-drama

On December 11, it was announced that actress Kim Ji Soo would be playing the role of Lee Shin, a psychiatrist with an air of authority. Lee Shin is also described as a character shrouded in mystery, with nobody knowing who she really is.

The production staff stated, “It is impossible to imagine Lee Shin without Kim Ji Soo playing her. You will be able to see a new side of her and see how irreplaceable she is in the role.”

A day later, it was announced that Yang Dong Geun had also joined the cast. He will be playing Bae Jung Tae, an ex-convict with a gambling addiction who used to work for a loan shark

Kim Ji Soo And Yang Dong Geun Join Nam Ji Hyun And Lee Joon Hyuk’s Time-Slip Drama

Kim Ji Soo And Yang Dong Geun Join Nam Ji Hyun And Lee Joon Hyuk’s Time-Slip Drama

Dec 11, 2019
by C. Hong (of soompi)

Two supporting cast members have been added to MBC’s upcoming drama!

Earlier this week, it was confirmed that Nam Ji Hyun would be playing opposite Lee Joon Hyuk in the drama “365: A Year of Defying Fate.”

“365” tells the story of people who go back a year in time in order to create the perfect life for themselves, but end up in a mysterious game for survival as their futures become unclear.

On December 11, it was announced that actress Kim Ji Soo would be playing the role of Lee Shin, a psychiatrist with an air of authority. Lee Shin is also described as a character shrouded in mystery, with nobody knowing who she really is.

The production staff stated, “It is impossible to imagine Lee Shin without Kim Ji Soo playing her. You will be able to see a new side of her and see how irreplaceable she is in the role.”

A day later, it was announced that Yang Dong Geun had also joined the cast. He will be playing Bae Jung Tae, an ex-convict with a gambling addiction who used to work for a loan shark.

The drama is directed by Kim Kyung Hee (“Lucky Romance“) and written by Lee Seo Yoon and Lee Soo Kyung. It will premiere sometime in 2020.

I'm so behind, thanks @triplem and other members for all the updates on this thread! Love that we're getting an array of diverse characters with interesting back stories that could cleverly interweave. 

Agree with you @nrllee that it would be nice for LJH to be unambiguously aligned with good this time. The character can still face complex challenges of course! I think at the Seoul Independent Film Fest he said something apart departing from dark subject material so fingers crossed B)

Now that I've seen more pictures of her, I really like Nam Ji-hyun's bone structure, really looking forward to her performance. It sounds from the synopsis that she's encountered horrible tragedy and has a lot to gain from turning back time. 

@nrllee I think curly bird nest hair do must be the latest oppa look ..( thinking of YSY in Psychopath Diary :lol:

How cute are these two ?

I hope they release the full video soon 

Archived