[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

@nrllee agreed that Lee Shin may have nothing to do with the killings but she’s definitely bringing the rest on board so that it can help her achieve her purpose of resetting. Can’t tell if they are for altruistic reasons . But in an earlier article I read , the actress playing LS , says her real self will be revealed mid point of the drama. 

———

they better give me romance because they keep  giving all these cute BTS of the 2 of them .:lol: And LJH is even more adorable in some the BTS cuts . 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think potentially the killer is one of her fans.  Or has read her webtoon before in 2020.  So he’s re-enacting the deaths portrayed in the webtoon real time now in 2019.  Which is why her drawing of YS was so similar to the actual death event.  And GH holds the key.

I just saw ep. 3 and 4 but the way that the story is going with how the people have been killed, is it similar to GH's webtoon?  

I know that some have mentioned the delivery guy as being the possible killer, but is that the first person who died?  

Also, I had a few questions, as I was a bit distracted during some scenes, but how did GH and the detective bug Mr. Bae, the gambler's phone?   

Also, what was the relationship between the stockbroker and Mr. Bae?  So those two knew each other before the reset? But Mr. Bae is also the one who got rid of YS's husband's car right?

Also, how did GH have Mr. Bae's pictures of the other characters?  

(Sorry for all the questions.... I was very distracted.) :grin:

Thank you!!!

@cococahpi It seemed to imply the way they were killed was similar to her webtoon because there was a scene where GH was drawing and she realized that the lady she drew who died very similar to the pic of YS she was shown at the interrogation.  

Yes delivery guy was the first guy who died in the accident after the reset.

GH threw the rock through the window and ran away. BJT gave chase and left HJ in the room and he bugged BJT’s phone in his desk. 

Stockbroker used to gamble and was heavily in debt. That’s where BJT “met” him.  

Yes BJT was the one who got rid of YS’s car. 

GH saw the pics at the end of Ep3 in BJT’s home.  Then she picked up the call on BJT’s phone from LS.  She and HJ worked out that BJT has been working for LS and spying on all of them for her.   

@nrllee @triplem @40somethingahjumma @joccu @Ameera Ali

Dear chingus, I am joining this thread a little late but it is better late than never. I must say that I got hooked right away with the story. While binge watching the 4 episodes, I noticed a lot of parallels between a certain movie and a novel from Agatha Christie. 

Right from the start, I couldn't help myself thinking of the movie "Groundhog day", the moment Lee Shin said

"When a certain date comes, I go back to the past and relive my life again".

Unlike the protagonist in the movie, Lee Shin relives an entire year hence it is quite certain that she knows every person she invited. If she has lived many times the same year, I am sure that through her investigation, she realized that everyone was connected to each other. That's why she invited them, as she must have realized that without them she can't escape her fate to relive the same year all over again. In "Groundhog day", Phil Connors could only escape this time loop the moment he wanted to spend the day with Rita which means, the moment he decided to be selfless and give attention and affection to someone else.

And I have the impression that this could be the same case. The only person who didn't meet any trouble so far is the detective Ji Hyung Jo. Unlike all the others, he wanted a reset in order to save someone else, his colleague and best friend. He even gave the murderer of his colleague the chance to change his destiny by showing support and helping him. However, he couldn't be so sure. Furthermore if we look at the reasons why people wanted to reset their life, all of them except JHJ did it for selfish reasons:

- Shin Ga Yeon wanted to get back her legs.

- Kim Se Rin wants to go to the University as she has failed before. But moreover, she has another reason in my opinion: notice that she asked a realtor estate to get a certain flat, while the employee told her that it was not possible. So KSR somehow is using her knowledge in order to get some property.

- Park Young Gil wanted to get rich

- Go Jae Young wants to get revenge: he wants to win against a player because he lost the game against him and saw it as a huge flow

- the guardian Choi Kyun Man wanted to stop working and also buy a flat for his son

- SYS wanted to change her fate but she never cared for the victim... it was all for herself and her guilty conscience.

- Cha Jung Seok who had lost a lot could maintain his position (while in the past he became poor)

- Bae Jung Tae wanted to use his knowledge in order to get some money through horse racing, then when it didn't work any more, he blackmailed Choi and the doctor

As you can see, all of them did the reset for selfish reasons. Right now, we don't know much about Hwang No Sup but it could be related to his wife. Maybe he decided to send her to a sanatorium due to her dementia and used her money to buy the coffee shop and enjoy life, whereas in the past he remained by his wife's side and suffered a lot. The preview is somehow showing that Hwang is not so innocent.

And now let's talk about Lee Shin... and I have the impression that she invited the persons in order to escape from that time loop. She is doing that for selfish reasons as well. Maybe at the end of the year, she gets killed and has to start allover again. In order to escape her tragic fate, she must have realized that she needed people for that and these persons were all of them linked to her without realizing it. Remember that JHJ's superior mentioned Zian to him in order to get help. So JHJ's life must have been intertwined before. I am even wondering if the attack that caused his colleague's death is not linked to the reset.

I agree with some of you who said that BJT must have remembered the past with the reset because at some point, he told the detective that he had to scrap the doctor's car twice!!! Why twice? It means that in the first timeline, when the writer got hurt, the doctor helped his fiance to get rid of the car. And even now, I am wondering if JHJ's illusions in the beginning are not memories from different resets hence his affection for his hyung was so strong that he couldn't accept his death.   

The drama reminds me of  the novel "And then there were none" from Agatha Christie. In the story, there is a murderer who kills the persons invited on the island. One by one they die and you discover that each of them did something horrible: they are all responsible for the death of someone. And the meeting room reminds me of the island from that story due to its form. Hence it is clear that someone who is so selfish that he is willing to kill others in order to get some benefits. Why is he taking trophies from the victims? In my opinion, it is linked to the rule that you can't take any item with you, when your life is reset... but if you keep the items, then it is possible for you to use the items later... which means that after the end of the reset, the killer could use the items. YSY must have something in her phone that is really important and I am quite sure that the music box has another meaning. Then the victims in the novel died in different ways: one died in her sleep (see the parallel with the stock broker), another fell from the cliff and drowned. YSY fell from the stairs and hurt her skull. Park is supposed to have died in an accident and a victim in the novel got "crushed to death by a brass bear clock". One got poisoned in the book and CKM could have been poisoned but nobody noticed it and thought, it was just a heart attack. The flower bouquet reminds me of the song that is used in the novel "And then there were none", announcing the death of a member of the reset.

But thanks to JHJ, Shin Ga Yeon started changing. She wanted to do something for her friend, to get some justice for her and for herself. She is no longer pushing people away which explains why she could get an alibi. People must have seen her picture that the young man took at the book signing. She helped herself out of a terrible situation. JHJ is still selfless which explains why he is not targeted. He took nothing valuable with him, only the knowledge of the different events so that he would stop the murder of his hyung. I am also wondering if the book "hidden killer" could be another strong motive for the killer to go after SGY... he could get the second season of her story. 

One thing is sure: Lee Shin is lying to all of them because she can not tell them why she invited them... She knows that her fate is linked to their fate. Shin means in Korean God... and both Lee Shin and Shin Ga Yeon share the same name. That's why I believe that SGY's fate will have an important impact on the reset. Her story is inspired by the events happening around her.

Let me know what you think...

wow @bebebisous33 I enjoy reading your thoughts , glad you join us , I am suspecting Hwang because he seem so nice that usually the people who end having the dark secrets , also his coffee shop  got the name of number 36.50 ( when he need to get through 365 days alive :D ) 

15859513521585951348.gif

But I could be wrong I usually end suspecting innocent people :P

@Ameera Ali Good eye catching the 365 reference between the cafe and the concept of the reset! In the trophy room scene, I do think the mysterious man's silhouette kind of resembles Mr. Hwang. Also, he seems to maintain a close relationship with the resetters individually and as a whole. It could be his strategy to get to know and kill them one by one for some reason yet to be known. Now that I think about it, he was the person who notified the resetters of the security guard/Mr. Choi's death. He seemed close to him as well. He knew quite a bit of his family life. Maybe that's how the lottery ticket was obtained despite the cause of death being a heart attack.

In the trophy room scene, there was a bright light coming from a projector. What could the mysterious man be watching or looking at?

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nrllee @triplem @40somethingahjumma @joccu @Ameera Ali

Dear chingus, I am joining this thread a little late but it is better late than never. I must say that I got hooked right away with the story. While binge watching the 4 episodes, I noticed a lot of parallels between a certain movie and a novel from Agatha Christie. 

Right from the start, I couldn't help myself thinking of the movie "Groundhog day", the moment Lee Shin said

"When a certain date comes, I go back to the past and relive my life again".

Unlike the protagonist in the movie, Lee Shin relives an entire year hence it is quite certain that she knows every person she invited. If she has lived many times the same year, I am sure that through her investigation, she realized that everyone was connected to each other. That's why she invited them, as she must have realized that without them she can't escape her fate to relive the same year all over again. In "Groundhog day", Phil Connors could only escape this time loop the moment he wanted to spend the day with Rita which means, the moment he decided to be selfless and give attention and affection to someone else.

And I have the impression that this could be the same case. The only person who didn't meet any trouble so far is the detective Ji Hyung Jo. Unlike all the others, he wanted a reset in order to save someone else, his colleague and best friend. He even gave the murderer of his colleague the chance to change his destiny by showing support and helping him. However, he couldn't be so sure. Furthermore if we look at the reasons why people wanted to reset their life, all of them except JHJ did it for selfish reasons:

- Shin Ga Yeon wanted to get back her legs.

- Kim Se Rin wants to go to the University as she has failed before. But moreover, she has another reason in my opinion: notice that she asked a realtor estate to get a certain flat, while the employee told her that it was not possible. So KSR somehow is using her knowledge in order to get some property.

- Park Young Gil wanted to get rich

- Go Jae Young wants to get revenge: he wants to win against a player because he lost the game against him and saw it as a huge flow

- the guardian Choi Kyun Man wanted to stop working and also buy a flat for his son

- SYS wanted to change her fate but she never cared for the victim... it was all for herself and her guilty conscience.

- Cha Jung Seok who had lost a lot could maintain his position (while in the past he became poor)

- Bae Jung Tae wanted to use his knowledge in order to get some money through horse racing, then when it didn't work any more, he blackmailed Choi and the doctor

As you can see, all of them did the reset for selfish reasons. Right now, we don't know much about Hwang No Sup but it could be related to his wife. Maybe he decided to send her to a sanatorium due to her dementia and used her money to buy the coffee shop and enjoy life, whereas in the past he remained by his wife's side and suffered a lot. The preview is somehow showing that Hwang is not so innocent.

And now let's talk about Lee Shin... and I have the impression that she invited the persons in order to escape from that time loop. She is doing that for selfish reasons as well. Maybe at the end of the year, she gets killed and has to start allover again. In order to escape her tragic fate, she must have realized that she needed people for that and these persons were all of them linked to her without realizing it. Remember that JHJ's superior mentioned Zian to him in order to get help. So JHJ's life must have been intertwined before. I am even wondering if the attack that caused his colleague's death is not linked to the reset.

I agree with some of you who said that BJT must have remembered the past with the reset because at some point, he told the detective that he had to scrap the doctor's car twice!!! Why twice? It means that in the first timeline, when the writer got hurt, the doctor helped his fiance to get rid of the car. And even now, I am wondering if JHJ's illusions in the beginning are not memories from different resets hence his affection for his hyung was so strong that he couldn't accept his death.   

The drama reminds me of  the novel "And then there were none" from Agatha Christie. In the story, there is a murderer who kills the persons invited on the island. One by one they die and you discover that each of them did something horrible: they are all responsible for the death of someone. And the meeting room reminds me of the island from that story due to its forms. Hence it is clear that someone who is so selfish that he is willing to kill others in order to get some benefits. Why is he taking trophies from the victims? In my opinion, it is linked to the rule that you can't take any item with you, when your life is reset... but if you keep the items, then it is possible for you to use the items later... which means that after the end of the reset, the killer could use the items. YSY must have something in her phone that is really important and I am quite sure that the music box has another meaning. Then the victims in the novel died in different ways: one died in her sleep (see the parallel with the stock broker), another fell from the cliff and drowned. YSY fell from the stairs and hurt her skull. Park is supposed to have died in an accident and a victim in the novel got "crushed to death by a brass bear clock". One got poisoned in the book and CKM could have been poisoned but nobody noticed it and thought, it was just an heart attack. The flower bouquet reminds me of the song that is used in the novel "And then there were none", announcing the death of a member of the reset.

But thanks to JHJ, Shin Ga Yeon started changing. She wanted to do something for her friend, to get some justice for her and for herself. She is no longer pushing people away which explains why she could get an alibi. People must have seen her picture that the young man took at the book signing. She helped herself out of a terrible situation. JHJ is still selfless which explains why he is not targeted. He took nothing valuable with him, only the knowledge of the different events so that he would stop the murder of his hyung. I am also wondering if the book "hidden killer" could be another strong motive for the killer to go after SGY... he could get the second season of her story. 

One thing is sure: Lee Shin is lying to all of them because she can not tell them why she invited them... She knows that her fate is linked to their fate. Shin means in Korean God... and both Lee Shin and Shin Ga Yeon share the same name. That's why I believe that SGY's fate will have an important impact on the reset. Her story is inspired by the events happening around her.

Let me know what you think...

omg thank you for enlightening me. I think I should go reading "And then there were none right away"!!

@Ameera Ali @njhghjhhj Thanks for the compliments. :blush:

Nice catch from your part about the name of the coffee shop. And this is another clue that Hwang could have known right from the start that this reset was linked to "survival".:glasses:

What caught my attention is the form of the meeting room. It is a circle and the form itself reminds me of a clock ticking... all the members can not escape from the time running. Striking is that Lee Shin is not standing in the circle but outside the circle. It was as if her fate is not linked to the clock ticking. This makes me wonder if she invited all of them because she wanted to escape from the time loop. We don't know for sure... but maybe the number of persons who have to die can not be changed. Let us not forget that JHJ rescued three persons back then (his friend, the prosecutor and the judge) and we have now 4 deaths: Park Young Gil, Choi Kyun Man, Shin Ga Yeon's friend and the stock broker. Maybe someone close to the members died back then, like for example the wife of Hwang.  

Finally, we don't know to whom the bouquet was addressed and this was intentionally made so. Just like in the novel "And then there were none", people start getting suspicious of each another. The bouquet is sent to cause a rift and mistrust among the members. I am also suspecting that as long as they help each other, they can survive. JHJ helped his friend, then helped SGY twice...

9 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

In the trophy room scene, there was a bright light coming from a projector. What could the mysterious man be watching or looking at?

I was wondering the same thing?  But they never showed us.

@bebebisous33 Interesting thoughts about the time loop.  But yes LS definitely has her own agenda and her suggestion that they were all selected randomly was a lie.  So there are some of them which would’ve had the benefit of a past reset and understand the “rules” better than the newbies.  It’s therefore not a level playing field?  If LS, BJT, YS and Hwang know that they have to survive and assuming the others don’t, they had an edge and have been holding their cards close to their chest.  And if they had been through a reset before, then I am assuming that LS was the one who gave them the previous opportunities.  She seems to be the only one able to hit the reset button?

On 4/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, nrllee said:

I was wondering the same thing?  But they never showed us.

@bebebisous33 Interesting thoughts about the time loop.  But yes LS definitely has her own agenda and her suggestion that they were all selected randomly was a lie.  So there are some of them which would’ve had the benefit of a past reset and understand the “rules” better than the newbies.  It’s therefore not a level playing field?  If LS, BJT, YS and Hwang know that they have to survive and assuming the others don’t, they had an edge and have been holding their cards close to their chest.  And if they had been through a reset before, then I am assuming that LS was the one who gave them the previous opportunities.  She seems to be the only one able to hit the reset button?

Lee Shin did the reset many times as she was not satisfied with the results: she dies. We shouldn't forget that she said that they can only go back to a certain date... this could be a clue that after that day, LS knows that she dies.

I am also wondering if her fate is not linked to the train derailment. Let us not forget: 2 people die in that train...

Just now, bebebisous33 said:

I am also wondering if her fate is not linked to the train derail. Let us not forget: 2 people die in that train...

I am thinking that too.  I floated the idea that she keeps resetting because she wants a certain outcome.  And she just hasn’t gotten there yet.  So she keeps picking adding people to her resets to change the mix around?  But it must be that in previous resets she hasn’t taken more than 1 person in the existing 10 (namely our suspects in previous resets Hwang, BJT, YS) along otherwise they would know each other at that first meeting in Ep1.

35 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

CMIIW, Bae has to scrape the car two times not because he has done a reset before. But because he did it the first time round was before reset, and now after he reset, he did it the second time...

Okay. However, we see Shin Ga Yeon drawing a scene inspired by YS's death, although it didn't happen in the past (before the reset). 

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Glad you started this . As always I enjoyed reading your analysis. The above that I have quoted in particular was something that I had brought up in an earlier post as well ..that it wasn't the order of how they sat, but rather those who got killed had questionable intentions and motives  - it felt to me that the killer( if there is one ) is passing judgement on who should live and die. 

----------------------------

More BTS ..

Spoiler

One of NJH's fan account subbed some of it...

This account subbed part of the MBC radio promo that our leads did recently. LJH so shy as always. NJH very confident and outgoing

@triplem I am also wondering how Lee Shin got so rich... The house is so huge, although she is just a famous psychiatrist. We have to wonder...

Then I was thinking about the items the killer collected. Notice that behind each item there is an empty frame. Why empty? It was as if the owner had no identity because it has no face. What if with their death, their existence is erased? First I was wondering if the person collecting the items wants to assume the identity of the deceased or to be related to the victims. Then I had this idea: what if the killer has been hired by different people who wanted to get what the deceased had without getting caught... That's why we would have hidden killers. Let me explain: Shin Ga Yeon is famous and even rich, what if someone wanted to get her work in order to replace her... the person could have asked to take her identity, like f. ex. her ex-fiance or ex-best friend. Remember that they are not allowed to take any item. This would mean that Lee Shin is somehow involved in all this. She gets rich by having people killed as her services were hired. 

Okay, that's a crazy idea...

@taeunfighting yes some interesting stills , especially want to know who Lee Shin is hugging. Her daughter? Are we going to be shown her past?  And Bae and gamer Boy - are they collaborating on something?

Can’t wait to watch later . 

more stills here 

On 4/5/2020 at 4:11 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Why empty? It was as if the owner had no identity because it has no face. What if with their death, their existence is erased?

That was my thought.  They don’t make it to 2020 anymore.  They died in 2019.  Which is why I am unsure as to how LS would’ve been able to reset if the end point for her is death at the first instance?  If she died at some point in the future, she would’ve not had that opportunity to reset?  I am assuming that there’s no parallel universe happening.  So I am leaning towards some other motive and not just avoiding death.  Did she lose someone in that train derailment?  

EDIT - O I just read @triplem’s post above.  Maybe LS lost her daughter.

Archived