[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

26 minutes ago, triplem said:

I think curly bird nest hair do must be the latest oppa look ..( thinking of YSY in Psychopath Diary 

Who knows?  I can understand YSY in Psychopath Diary because he’s supposed to be a nerdy pushover.  But isn’t LJH a Detective in the Violent Crimes Division here in 365?  Why doesn’t he have hair like Lee MinKi in The Lies Within?  So much better and I can take him seriously then :mellow:.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, triplem said:

come see oppa’s hair 

@triplem Here because I cannot resist the siren call...! Thanks for headsup, was travelling for a bit and missed a lot on the forums...

*inspects hair*

Hmmm. My theory is they travel back in time to correct all their style mistakes.

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

Who knows?  I can understand YSY in Psychopath Diary because he’s supposed to be a nerdy pushover.  But isn’t LJH a Detective in the Violent Crimes Division here in 365?  Why doesn’t he have hair like Lee MinKi in The Lies Within?  So much better and I can take him seriously then :mellow:.

For that matter, there was some hate levelled at Lee Min-ki's hair in TLW too :lol: But it fit the role, he didn't look too groomed.

I guess similar thing here, LJH's got to look more casual and approachable, something different from his last few onscreen personas. I guess the moptop it will grow on us :lol:

50 minutes ago, keyta said:

A little bit more script reading. I'm glad they laugh a lot))

Yes, hope there'll be a good feeling throughout! Nam Ji-hyun looks bubbly and self-assured, I like her already.

28 minutes ago, AC95 said:

For that matter, there was some hate levelled at Lee Min-ki's hair in TLW too 

Really?  News to me.  At least it wasn’t distracting.  Overly curly hair just screams “try hard” and it unnerves me :lol:.  Yes I am sensitive like that.  Short back and sides is where it’s at for me.  I don’t even mind crew cuts.  I like my men all business front and back... none of this business up front party down the back or party all over look.  :lol:

30 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Overly curly hair just screams “try hard” and it unnerves me :lol:.  Yes I am sensitive like that.  Short back and sides is where it’s at for me.  I don’t even mind crew cuts.  I like my men all business front and back... none of this business up front party down the back or party all over look.  :lol:

It's paaaaarty time! I'm spitting out my tea here 

Well, curly hair seems very 2019 boy band, at least it's not full of glitter? But let's be optimistic, who knows, after a bit of running dramatically in the rain it may slick down nicely :lol: Or maybe he will be inspired by the leading lady to tame the mop :lol: *important plot point, not*

Sorry, a bit off-topic on Lee Min-ki hair-hate under the cut

Spoiler

Yeah, the Lee Min-ki hair thing stuck in my head because, being new to k-dramas and never having seen him before, I decided to go to Asianwiki and find out more about him. Then I saw this gem, which I reproduce for fellow members' delectation:

Kdrama loverOct 14 2019 11:09 pm

Why korean dramas nowadays always make that kind of hairstyles for the male actors?.. I don't find it good bcoz most of the times it kinda ruins the faces of all my favourite handsome actors ? Just compare Lee Min Ki in Dalja's Spring/Love Truly vs The Beauty Inside, Lee Dong Wok in My Girl vs Touch Your Heart, So Ji Sub in Sorry, I Love U vs Oh My Venus, Hyun Bin in My Lovely Samsoon vs Hyde Jekyll & Me. Those actors are wayyyy better/handsome in those old school hairstyles ?? But anyway, still loving minki though

46 minutes ago, AC95 said:

Well, curly hair seems very 2019 boy band, at least it's not full of glitter?

Or blue...or pink...or red...yes we need to stay positive.  I really question their stylist’s choices sometimes... even the threads... and shoes.  Press Con styling is sometimes just...overdone.  Just stick to classic, basic style?  Timeless stuff?  Showing my age here. :lol:

Imma just gonna to focus real hard on his gorgeous face and ignore the distracting curls during the drama then.  :wub:  Gotta work with it.  And comfort myself saying that it could be worse (See exhibit A below).

337-F7549-7608-44-B8-AD99-3-CBFD9863-A8-

@AC95  @nrllee You gals are cracking me up . But from exhibit A, LJH's hair looks pretty decent in comparison

Full video from MBC

So there was this cut of just them......I can see that they will match well....'

Spoiler

Soompi Article: https://www.soompi.com/article/1373197wpp/nam-ji-hyun-lee-joon-hyuk-and-more-attend-first-script-reading-for-time-slip-drama

( From character description , looks like he's playing a straight-up good guy for once :w00t:)

Nam Ji Hyun, Lee Joon Hyuk, And More Attend First Script Reading For Time Slip Drama

Dec 23, 2019
by C. Hong

The upcoming MBC drama “365: A Year of Defying Fate” (literal title) recently shared photos from its first script reading.

“365: A Year of Defying Fate” tells the story of a group of people who go back one year in time with the dream of living a more perfect life. However, they end up being stuck in an unknown fate and must fight in a mysterious game for survival.

In attendance at the script reading were director Kim Kyung Hee (“Lucky Romance“), writers Lee Seo Yoon (“Swallow the Sun, “Air City“) and Lee Soo Kyung, and actors Lee Joon Hyuk, Nam Ji Hyun, Kim Ji Soo, Yang Dong Geun, Lee Shi Ah, Yoon Joo Sang, Im Ha Ryong, Ryu Tae Ho, Jung Min Sung, Lee Sung Wook, Baek Soo Jang, Yoon Hye Ri, Kim Ha Kyung, Im Hyun Soo, Ahn Seung Gyun, Lee Yoo Mi, Ryeo Woon, and special cameo Min Dohee.

Director Kim Kyung Hee said, “I feel an immense sense of support from the firm script and the amazing cast. Seeing the actors and staff gathered here today, I am sure that we can make a good production. I will do my best so that we can work healthy and injury-free until the last day of filming.”

Lee Joon Hyuk plays Ji Hyung Joo, who has been a homicide detective for seven years. He can seem like he’s messing around sometimes, but he has the ability to remember people he’s only met once as well as a natural instinct for detective work. He is also loyal to his team members, who he considers family.

Nam Ji Hyun plays Shin Ga Hyun, a webtoon writer whose popular webtoon, “Hidden Killer,” is in its third year of publication. She is described as a perfectionist and a workaholic. Kim Ji Soo plays the mysterious psychologist Lee Shin, who gives 10 people the key to reset their fate. Yang Dong Geun plays Bae Jung Tae, a man with a gambling addiction who used to work for a loan shark.

All the actors, despite being their first time meeting, immersed themselves into their characters right away and showed an amazing synergy together, bringing to life the tension of the fantasy thriller in the script.

Spoiler

lee-joon-hyuk-nam-ji-hyun-kim-ji-soo-yan

“365: A Year of Defying Fate” premieres sometime in 2020.

@triplem :wub:.  He still looks awkward but never mind.  NJH has always been one to help her costars relax into their roles.  She’s bubbly and professional and easy to get along with so filming with her is a real treat.  2020 is looking good for me drama wise. :)

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년 - Mon & Tue @ 22:05 KST - Lee Joon Hyuk, Nam Ji Hyun & Yang Dong Geun - Premieres in March

MBC officially released the script reading photos on their SNS accounts

This is a subbed version of the New Year greeting . He called her sunbae-nim :lol: & says the drama will be both nerve wrecking  & funny 

Further cast confirmation 

Ahn Min-yeong to Star in "365: a Year of Defying Fate"

photo1140664.jpg

Actress Ahn Min-yeong is starring in the new MBC drama "365: A Year of Defying Fate".

"365: A Year of Defying Fate", which comes out in March, is a mystery survival game drama about those who go back in time by a year, dreaming of the perfect life, but getting caught in an unknown destiny. Ahn Min-yeong plays Song Ji-hyeon who assists psychiatrist Lee Sin (Kim Ji-soo) with all her loyalty.

Actress Ahn Min-yeong won the Best Actress award at the Eurasia International Film Festival in 2017 for her "Fantastic Vacance", proving her acting skills. She also gained attention in the film industry for starring in the short film "Mother In Law", which won the best picture award at last year's Seoul Pride Film Festival.

https://www.hancinema.net/ahn-min-yeong-to-star-in-365-a-year-of-defying-fate-137495.html

MBC's Drama Revival, Lee Yeon-hee X Ok Taecyeon and Nam Ji-hyun X Lee Joon-hyuk

https://www.hancinema.net/mbc-s-drama-revival-lee-yeon-hee-x-ok-taecyeon-and-nam-ji-hyun-x-lee-joon-hyuk-137405.html

posterphoto1139690.jpg

Will MBC be able to revive its drama empire this year? The first runners-up are Lee Yeon-hee, Ok Taecyeon, Nam Ji-hyun and Lee Joon-hyuk. MBC's first dramas of the year 2020 are genre dramas with fantasy.

The new MBC drama "The Game: Towards Zero" begins on the 22nd with Lee Yeon-hee and Ok Taecyeon in the lead. "The Game: Towards Zero" is the story of a prophet named Tae-pyeong (Ok Taecyeon), who sees the moment right before death, and a homicide detective named Joon-yeong (Lee Yeon-hee) finding the truth behind a series of murders. This is Ok Taecyeon's first drama since his release from National Duty and it's been 7 years since he starred in the film "Marriage Blues" with Lee Yeon-hee.

"365: A Year of Defying Fate" resumes the Monday / Tuesday drama frame, which was put on hold ever since "Welcome 2 Life" last year. The mystery survival game drama about those who go back in time by a year, dreaming of the perfect life, but getting caught in an unknown destiny begins in March. In short, it's about 'resetting life'. The main stars are Nam Ji-hyun and Lee Joon-hyuk in the roles of Shin Ga-hyeon, a webtoon writer, and Ji Hyeong-joo, a homicide detective who never forgets a face. Other cast members include Yang Dong-geun, Lee Shi-ah, Yoon Joo-sang, Im Ha-ryong and more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, nrllee said:

Why?  So weird.  But O well...I would rather 12 quality eps than 16 lackluster ones.

Same . Though I would love to see more of LJH 

so the latest is this - March !

Nam Ji Hyun And Lee Joon Hyuk’s New Time Slip Drama Reveals First Look At Their Characters

Nam Ji Hyun And Lee Joon Hyuk’s New Time Slip Drama Reveals First Look At Their Characters

Feb 12, 2020
by U. Kim

“365: A Year of Defying Fate” tells the story of a group of people who go back one year in time with the dream of living a more perfect life. However, they end up being stuck in an unknown fate and must fight in a mysterious game for survival. Also starring in the drama are actors Kim Ji SooYang Dong Geun, and more.

Lee Joon Hyuk plays Ji Hyung Joo, who has been a homicide detective for seven years. He has the ability to remember people he’s only met once as well as a natural instinct for detective work. He is also loyal to his team members and considers them family. Nam Ji Hyun plays Shin Ga Hyun, the writer of a popular webtoon called “Hidden Killer.” She is described as a perfectionist and a workaholic. A sudden accident causes her life to hit bottom, and she is given the option to reset her life.

Ji Hyung Joo and Shin Ga Hyun are each met with certain situations that lead them to reset their lives and go back one year in time. Finding out what it is that causes them to make this decision is one reason to look forward to the drama’s premiere. The fresh chemistry that Lee Joon Hyuk and Nam Ji Hyun will show as they act together for the first time is another aspect to anticipate.

The producers of the drama shared, “‘365: A Year of Defying Fate’ will have its own style that takes a 180-degree turn from the usual time slip drama. You can also look forward to the acting transformations of Lee Joon Hyuk and Nam Ji Hyun, who will lead the drama as the central characters. Please show lots of interest and anticipation for the premiere.”

“365: A Year of Defying Fate” is slated to begin airing in March.
https://www.soompi.com/article/1382595wpp/nam-ji-hyun-and-lee-joon-hyuks-new-time-slip-drama-reveals-first-look-at-their-characters

Hurrah! Thanks @triplem for the First Salvo of pics! Our acting talent is looking perky and up to the challenge :w00t:

I think LJH's agency Ace Factory has pinned down the broadcast date to the 23rd... Would a Korean-reader like to verify this?

I am all for a shorter episode count if the story is told fully and is of quality. Sometimes I see drama stretch to 20 and stretched too thin with unnecessary content. Actually some dramas with 16 episodes is too long lol.  I will look forward to the 12 episodes! 

Archived