[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

So does this drama deserve all of the awards it got after only 30 episodes?   That may have  been  a little  premature,  but I'm  liking  how the setup is forming for the  cheating spouses to get  hammered.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, msmy said:

So does this drama deserve all of the awards it got after only 30 episodes?   That may have  been  a little  premature,  but I'm  liking  how the setup is forming for the  cheating spouses to get  hammered.

Well to be fair its not like it got a "bunch of awards". The lead actor and actress did receive awards but I really feel like those were makeups for getting snubbed the previous year. His for Kangnam Scandal and hers for Happy Sisters. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, sgfan said:

Glad that HJ and DG's make up talk isn't the dramatic sort. No yelling or major crying involved.

I think the only reason they broke up in the first place is they went about things the wrong way.

Spoiler

They communicated but when JS and Yran started sniffing around again they failed to keep the lines of communication open. Both were trying to handled their ex's and keep the burden from one another. That was a huge mistake.  The relationship was not that solid to be able to endure two people like JS and Yran around.  It was better for him to tell HJ that Yran not only barged in but she was using GJ as well to stay.  He needed to assure her that he was still part of their relationship and again told her that he has no plans to EVER get back with Yran. HJ should have told him about Yran visiting her and that she has no plans to get back with JS.

Another issue is the kids. Yes its a parent thing to want to take care of their children and make sure they are not upset. Both HJ and DG tried to give Yran and JS way too much credit at being parents (and mature) to co parent without them trying to make moves on them. You can not force someone to a. parent and b. be a good parent at that. Both Yran and JS are selfish people and have no concern over anyone unless it can benefit them. Both HJ and DG have told them both that they do not need to be with them to have a relationship with the kid or be a mom or dad to the kids. Neither of them understood what HJ nor DG was trying to say.  HJ and DG gave the kids too much leeway to be a. manipulated (like Yran with GJ ) or be the manipulator (like YR with JS). Each needed to sit down to talk to their kids to make them understand a few things. 

This brings me to the fact that because DG wanted GJ to a relationship with his mom he allowed Yran to brain wash the kid that HJ was some sort of potential wicked stepmom. The min his son started showing signs of not being on board with him and HJ he should have rushed Yran out and sat down to talk to his son about what was really going on. Of course he knew that it had something to do with Yran he was just not sure about what that entailed. Because of his actions he ended up loosing HJ for a few days. 

HJ on the other hand being so concerned about YR having a relationship with her father she failed to see the signs that this kid was a little manipulator and was trying very hard to get them back together. One of the main issues is her thinking that if her mom remarries she will get left behind while her mom starts anew. Its a shame that this was her first thought instead of talking to her mother like she use to. They took YR from the intelligent and practical kid we knew to a little brat who was manipulating her father to get rid of his wife and trying to maneuver her mom to being back with her father who she knew was not good for or to her mom. It should have been ok for her to talk to the kid and let her know she was seeing someone but that its still early stages for anything more at the moment. At least give the kid a sense of security.  HJ was not wanting to cause disturbances given how JS did YR with finding out he had remarried but it caused and issue. DG still needs to let HJ know what YR said outside her shop to him. Then both of them need to meet up with the kids for a play date and let them know that their priority is always them first but they also want to be happy.

if they had both handled it better the first time Yran would not have been able to get in there and cause a problem.And causing us a few days of anguish over their break up..

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

@tulip06...I am  recovering and  closer to home the  end of this month close to the  end of this  drama!  We will  have  to  decide  on the  next one.  Thanks for  your concern.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, msmy said:

@tulip06...I am  recovering and  closer to home the  end of this month close to the  end of this  drama!  We will  have  to  decide  on the  next one.  Thanks for  your concern.

I hope the next one is better. :lol:

• Like 5

I hope this time GH will file restraining order to YR . Anybody can u please educate me, Is it crime in KOrea if you left your children (underage) unattended,  all by themselves? is it a ground that you won't able to have the custody of your kid?

Did i get it right GJ ask his dad to propose to HJ? Wow GJ get to memorize Ajuma's Number? I wonder which side is Manger Oh JH or the wife? I believe YR will create drama or scene when HJ get hired in same company with her Spot.

Also isn't so funny all of them working in one Broadcasting Co. They always eat in 1 chicken restaurant, when somebody got sick 1 hospital to bring only, 1 park to roam around when need to talk serious.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

Also isn't so funny all of them working in one Broadcasting Co. They always eat in 1 chicken restaurant, when somebody got sick 1 hospital to bring only, 1 park to roam around when need to talk serious.

and don’t forget : 1 hospital room :D:P

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Recap of Episode 104:

Spoiler

HJ goes to do her test episode for the cooking show.  Later we see her in the dressing room worried or upset about the taping. Manager Mo seems to be giving her a pep talk and then tells her that they liked it surprising HJ. Manager Oh teases HJ about getting out of there to go meet a handsome man who is waiting for her.  Meanwhile, DG has been waiting outside for HJ and we see him remember what Manager Mo said about HJ running off from the taping to go after GJ.  HJ meets DG outside and seems to be very down. DG assumes it may not have gone well and tries to give her a pep talk with words she once said to him. They talk and she says they liked it and DG is happy for her. HJ suggest karaoke and we see DG singing while HJ watches. Later she gets up to do her song and is jumping around and dancing and DG looks at her with a bit of shock but then smiles and is happy thinking she is so cute. 

Manager Mo goes back to the office and the workers ask how it went and she praises HJ and says it went well  They are happy for her and excited. They want to go and eat and asks about HJ and Manger Mo says HJ does not want to eat with them smiling..Manger Mo goes to her office. 

HJ and DG walk hand in hand and stop to talk to one another. HJ mentions how she has not been out to a Karoke bar since she worked at the bank 9 years ago. DG asks her if she did and then asks the name of the bank. HJ tells him and he says he once had a blind date with a person who worked at the bank but the person failed to show up twice. HJ has a flashback about the blind date that her mom set up for her from the words that DG may have mentioned and realizes that DG must have been the blind date that JS stopped her from going to  not once but twice long ago. As she asked DG some questions he realizes as well and they both say the name of the person who set them up and realize it was with each other that they were suppose to meet. Both surprised that they would have known each other earlier. HJ says that they may not have like one another then and DG jokes about women lining up in college for him and HJ says he ran them away with his personality. HJ says they were meant to be had they met years ago and DG say no they are a match made in heaven. They both smile and HJ hugs DG and says she loves him when he laughs that way and he moves in close and bridges her face with his hands and says the same then kiss. (These two are so cute. I like that we are not seeing two very shy people they are happy to express their affection for one another. )

YRan is at home in the dark with a glass of wine thinking of JH. While JH is at home in bed thinking about Yran walking out after he kissed her and what she said to him. JW ask him if things are ok and he mentions thinking of work (yeah, sure your thinking of work you sleeze..) and JW asks what about work and jH gets irritated at her. (The nerve of this cheater!) JW goes out to the kitchen and makes a call to her father asking him how its going with the investment and to hurry. (Get HIM JW!) Yran realizes there is a piece of paper on the floor and we see a flashback of GJ writing Yran a note saying he was going to his father. Yran gets upset and tears up the note. 

Later HJ comes home and her mother and YR are asking if things went ok and HJ is happy telling them that they loved it or it went well and suggest a dance party. HJ , her mother and YR are dancing when CJ comes in. CJ stands there for a moment and watches them wondering what is going on or sad he is not participating. No one can tell with him. Maybe he is just missing his wife. HJ goes to the bedroom and she smiles and says thank you Ahjusshi (I guess to the man who was going to set them up so long ago) HJ is glowing and giddy. DG comes into his office and says the same thing smiling. 

DG comes home to have GJ run to him asking how things went and DG pretends for a moment only to swipe a hair from his face and laugh. GJ asks what is that and DG says don't I look handsome and GJ is like no.. Even the housekeeping Ahjumma comes out to give him a thumbs up that he looks handsome. 

The next day HJ's mom is at work and she gets the two friends of JS's dad to go with her to the flat where they are living. She is upset to see where the man has ended up due to JS. Later she comes home to find CJ there and she asks about JBong and he says she is with her dad trying to get him situated.

CJ paid the hospital fees and JS had the never to asks him shouldn't he be calling him Hyung-nim? CJ responds back to him that he will not get that until he starts living his life right and goes to get the car. When JB comes out with her father she is letting him have it for daring to talk about someone calling him Hyung-nim. JS says that CJ offered him a ride and JB says if he wants a ride get in the trunk. JB does find out where her father is currently living after bringing him home and is upset. Asking what do they do over and over? Jbong comes in later upset and asks to be excused and her mother in law says ok. HJ's mom looks worried about Jbong. 

JW comes to HJ's shop and she asked a woman if the food was good and HJ looks puzzled and JW introduces the woman telling her they are from her company. The woman tells her that JW asked them to come try the food for maybe a franchise and JW responds saying they are professional in doing this type of thing. Then Manager Oh comes in as well and says something to both JW and HJ. 

Later we see a girls night out as they are having a drink at the bar and talk. HJ says she has never been to that type of bar before and JW says the same. Manger Oh says she must be the only one who comes to this type of place. HJ says she is very happy and is doing more new things and Manger oh says the show has not started yet, the shop has not gone with a franchise yet so it must be because HJ is in love. JW asks about it and HJ shyly nods confirming. (I want JW to know who it is so she can run YRan off from trying to mess it up.) Manger Oh says she is single, HJ is divorced and JW is married and that they should toast to the future and finding happiness and success. They form a bit of a club I think and make a toast with their glasses. 

The next day HJ is having her pictures taken for the posters of the show and she is smiling as she comes to the set to film another episode this time in the red dress from the opening. Everyone on set is happy with her.  end episode....

Preview: We have a scene of DG meeting with Yran maybe outside the school and GJ walks up. Yran stoops down to take his hand to say something to him about his not doing anything wrong. We see him just look at her with a voice over of him saying that he will think of her. Both DG and GJ walking away from her. We have a scene of her trying to piece together the note she tore up in the last episode later that same night. Yran seems to be at the company harassing the directors with her information trying to get someone to hire her for an acting job. They turn away from her. Yran sees Manager Oh and DG walking down the hall or hears someone talking. Yran turns her head to look. Voice over is with Yran calling out to Manger Oh.  DG is in a conference room with the crew for his drama perhaps and he is smiling as he stands in front of the room. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Ldy Gmerm by reading your recap, im guessing that would be more Leeches scene and Yran scene coming up, oh no! writernim is giving the limelight to the Leeches & Yran again, showing the ptiy situation of the ex father in law now that JB will get depress to what happen to his father then Mother in law to the rescue may offer their haus grrrrrr... Yran will use JH (she will give in to all JH want) in exchange of destroying HJ show and DG drama (maybe to get cast in the drama).  as for JW why would it take 104 episode to do action/revenge or destroy the husband upon knowing his infidelity? actually her role and the JH are just a waste time.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

As much as I enjoyed the reunion of the main couple in 103, I can't help but notice this theme running through all of the crappy characters: I'm this way because of my mom.

Saint JB was a spoiled brat because she didn't have a mom. JS is an idiot dirtbag because he missed his mom and didn't have her growing up. Their father is a selfish jerk because he didn't have the mom to raise the kids. JR's a spoiled homewrecker because her mom was spoiled homewrecker.

Now let's add BYR to the list: I'm a terrible mother who chased after men because my mom was a terrible mother who chased after men. I'm sure we'll hear that JH had a crappy childhood because he grew up without his mom after his dad cheated with JR's mom. And this is right after the episode that thanked all of the parents?

I have a new suggestion for the name of the drama: Moms, it's all your fault.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:47 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

Does this mean  its all clear to watch now, all the harmful to the eyes scene is lessen ???:lol:

You'll have to wade through a LOT of Lee-ch family tears. 

Everyone is crying now.

The father's crying. JS is crying. Saint JB is crying.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7

Bloody hell finally. Watched 104 no subs couldn't wait after the satisfying ending to 103. It still have lots of leech action but they're like white noise to me now. You can blatantly see that writternim is setting up so that poor Ok-Bon will help leech dad out some how. She'll either tell CJ to get a place with leech bong and her dad or they'll end up as neighbors our worst some how living together in a bigger pace once HJ remarried and moves out with DG and the kids. Anyhoos.... oh my days when dad was chatting to JS and he was bawling I laughed so much JS crying face acting was so bad jus as bad as his sister.

On to more important matters.  I love manager Oh she's  like a ride or die chick. See the three drinking together ( her plus HJand JW) was lovely. JW will need the moral support once she springs her trap as deep down she was hoping to salvage that marriage. 

Our OTP is so cute. It a travesty we'll only get a few weeks of them. But I'm bracing myself you know say writernim is gonna bring in some unnecessary annoyance 2 weeks of smooth sailing seems impossible to get.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@Gypsygirlpost: "Saint JB was a spoiled brat because she didn't have a mom. JS is an idiot dirt bag because he missed his mom and didn't have her growing up. Their father is a selfish jerk because he didn't have the mom to raise the kids. JR's a spoiled homewrecker because her mom was spoiled homewrecker.

Now let's add BYR to the list: I'm a terrible mother who chased after men because my mom was a terrible mother who chased after men."

Very true. But in the Lee's case it's dad's fault. He spoiled and loved JB to death. She was probably repeatedly told she is so talented, she could be a movie star. JS  also needed his fathers' love but instead he was neglected and he was told to fin for himself as a boy. He must have been beat on the head - stupidity. Probably was fed one bowl of rice per day - greedy. If his dad mistreated JS why wouldn't he also do it to his wife HJ. JS then in turn mistreats  HJ. The cycle of abuse. It's a sad world but it happens all the time.  HJ/CJ, even though they grew up without a dad,  they had their mother's love. She didn't favor one over the other and did her best for both. 

Yep. It seems to be the theme why bad people in this drama are bad. Soon, JS will start to eat  humble pie and if he changes his ways he will be rewarded just like his sister. JS must have an angel by his side. He's missed being hit by a big white truck twice. Yuran has already admitted to herself that she has hit rock bottom after what she did to GJ. I'm sure JH won't change his ways till he hits rock bottom. And if he changes his ways, the writer might have pity on him too. His reward will come at a very high cost - losing everything first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the writer/director knows why some (many?) viewers are unhappy or angry: Up to now, a constant theme is: the exploitation of Lee’s family on Kang’s family.

Previously, the Lees family (Baek-Soo/BS, Jin-Sang/JS, Jin-Bong/JB) exploited Hae-Jin (HJ) by working her to death in the restaurant to support the WHOLE family and served as a domestic servant, doing all house works, for them. Meanwhile, all Lees NEVER lifted a hand, either in the restaurant or home. As a “bonus” JS cheated on HJ. This is exploitation round 1. This inflicted a heavy trauma for all Kangs.

Then, JB had drunken sex with Cheol-Jin (CJ), got pregnant and got CJ to marry her. Now JB had CJ’s income to support her. At home, she did housework for some time. However, as she was incompetent, Ok-Boon (OB) & HJ also had to do housework. Subsequently, JS’s father was reckless and CJ had to pay for his hospital bill. This is exploitation round 2.

This would create double heavy traumas, especially for OB & HJ. They may be kind to JB, for CJ’s sake; however, deep down their traumas would continue.

Now, JB may exploit OB & HJ to let BS & JS to move to OB’s house. The Kangs (OB, HJ, CJ) would continue to work hard for income. OB & HJ would also do housework.

The problem is what would the Lees do? Would they redeem themselves and improve their behavior?

Sadly, BS & JS might still be incompetent for income and lazy for house work. As a “bonus”, the Lees may exploit Yu-Ri (YR) to block HJ’s romance with Dae-Gu (DG).

In short, exploitation round 3 may start.

Again, OB & JH may look fine at the surface, for CJ’s sake. However, deep down, they would suffer as they have to deal with three heavy psychological blows.

Now a serious question could be posed to the writer and director.

Is only the Lees’ welfare taken into account?

Shouldn’t the Kang’s (OB’s, HJ’s, YR’s) welfare also taken into account? After all, they are victims.

It might be beneficial to review some ethics book, to distinguish between allowing kindness and condoning exploitation. Allowing kindness is a virtue. However, if I’m not mistaken, condoning exploitation is a vice.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Enjoyed reading everyone's posts.:)

I just watched 104 with English subs. And I must say that my mind must've been in the gutter when I commented on it's preview :lol: 

About DG's nickname 'Cod fish soup'. Can anyone recall how the name came about? Is there a backstory or event involving that specific dish? HJ, her mom and even assistant addressed DG that way when he was working at the restaurant. 

Just a random thought on DG's unproduced script which features a Yuran-esque character. I think he can try to rework it as a television movie instead, or even an indie movie. A thriller/ psychological tale, a little like Lee Joon's Rough Play, although not as dark perhaps. 

• Like 3

The masses Chant:  "Hang 'em all those leeches. Hang 'em." "Where's my popcorn." Judge: 7 yrs hard labor in the pokey. Crowd Chant: "No. Burn them." pointing fingers. They are good for nothing!

Writer: I think I'll throw the Lee's a party (the prodigal son). 

I still find it hard to see JB and JH scenes. But it's worth watching to see HJ and DG happy. They are on cloud nine. Beside the past ep, HJ's mom seems to be the happiest I've ever seen her. In the last two ep HJ's mom was thinking, can't wait to see how JB's dad is suffering. I want to see the dump where's he living at. When she saw it, she became sad and was surprised that she didn't feel joy. 

As a parent, JB's dad has gotten on his knees and prayed that he be punished instead of JB. "I'll carry her cross, just don't let her suffer."  Seems to be working. We love our kids right or wrong.

HJ hasn't forgiven JS yet. Her revenge is to not give him the time of day. 

BACK TO REALITY - I can't stand JB. Am I a hypocrite?  She has a split personality like a two headed monster. Can I  cut one head out?  (wise king soloman)

PS Once Again is really fun to watch.

Edited by brooksmom
have more to add
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, sgfan said:

About DG's nickname 'Cod fish soup'. Can anyone recall how the name came about? Is there a backstory or event involving that specific dish? HJ, her mom and even assistant addressed DG that way when he was working at the restaurant. 

It’s just a play on the sound of his name because they’re similar. They added the word “soup” behind his name. You can try listening to it when they call his name or nickname. 

• Like 4

P'rincess JB cry  and cry

Oh man, the k-writer really make Ok Boon invite Leeches JB's dad to come live with them:joy: 

The father may end up with Ok Boon lol:joy:

finally DG gets his day

and HJ is superb with her show 

• Like 3