[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

watched yesterday's episode. junhu thinks he can buy dae gu with money but the guy could care less about money. he told manager oh that he can't fake it when he dislikes someone and will not be renewing the contract once it is over. she was so impressed that she informed him that she is single. :lol: LOL. poor thing. I actually like her and she would make a wonderful match with someone... if only amnesia director wasn't married to the single tear bad cook. someone needs to tell the PD that jin bong does not know how to cry. how does she always manage to just have one tear come out and roll down her cheek. do they not give enough glycerin? on the other hand is yuran who cries gloriously one moment and the next moment is huffing and puffing that dae gu actually likes someone as this snags her plans.

I think she always liked him, and that's why she took BYR so personally. I couldn't understand her hate until now.

BYR was funny.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

On 3/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, Gypsygirl said:

I wonder if it's not HJ having a 'worst-case scenario' daydream?

I really hope that this is what is happening. I would be very disappointed if DG actually let Yran get that close to kiss him. (Just Eww).

Spoiler

I can not seem to figure out where this writer is going with this current scenario. Is he trying to make sure there are no real feelings left between DG and Yran? That Yran made her bed and now has to lie in it? Or that Yran can be a mom to GJ but does not have to be with DG? I am a bit disappointed that we have come this far in this drama and we start to see DG gain a bit of professional happiness due to shedding the dead weight that was Yran only for her to come back in and try to cling. I am hoping that HJ's words to Yran in the voice over show Yran that not everyone will fall for her just because she thinks too highly of herself. I am just waiting for the moment that she is told its not going to happen or there is no place in the drama for her so she can let go of this fake soft act and show her true colors once again hurting her son again and this time its the final straw. DG should have kept his office door locked and perhaps never expected that while he is gone Yran is riffling though his laptop.

Its sickening to see her and JH think that DG is such a push over that they can try to run over him. We have Yran who seems to forget how she called DG to catch her at the flat and show it was JH she was running around with then belittling him in front of JH. Then we have JH who thinks lying about the affair will bring DG back as a friend but then going as far as to try to push money at him to keep him close only to have it turned down and he to say to himself that "DG does not want his money and he does not know the real world and needs to suffer a bit more". Is this a true friend? His actions show that JH is not sincere to the friendship or DG and is angry that his lies were not bought and he can't continue to be close for selfish reasons. I think JW pretending to believe him has gone to his head and now he thinks he is such a good liar that even DG would be confused by the truth. He is angry that his lies have not been bought by DG when he should be ashamed of his hurting someone that was suppose to be his best friend by his actions. 

On 3/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, brooksmom said:

JW appears to be aghast at JH's lack of compassion

I think is more she is shocked at how brazen he is considering he did something so awful but acts like he is innocent. Its easy for him to sit around talking about everyone else because he thinks he pulled the wool over JW's eyes. What he forgets is what JW said to him and that is she "chooses" to believe him. Not that he proved he was not cheating, but that she decided to believe in him. Unfortunately for him instead of being sorry and regretful at what he did to his wife by cheating he puffs his chest up like a peacock and struts around like nothing happened and it was all Yran and he is innocent. Believing his own lies and acting arrogant. He is quick to pass judgement on others. I am waiting for JW to show him that its not that she did not know about his affair and never bought his lies and that the consequences of his actions are to be pushed out or removed from his position. With the threat of divorce over his head as well. JH is so brazen I looked forward to his face when he realizes that his wife was not as fooled as he thought. 

Spoiler

I thought at this point we could at least get to see HJ doing more with her blog heading for perhaps her own show. Instead we are forced to see this mess with CJ and Jbong and now JS and his father. Where will they go now that JS has lost the house? I relish their misfortune because JS finally needs to hit rock bottom to grow up and realize how much of a lazy screw up he is. He had a very high opinion of himself and needed to be let down. Of course this is a double edged sword now. Is this writer going to take us to a bad place by having the father and JS show up at HJ's  mom's house? Will HJ and her mom have to open their doors to these moochers and give them a place to stay? I am hoping not it's too much for HJ's family to have to do that but I keep thinking that YR and CJ may beg for it and even HJ could because she is too filial and would not want to see the father in law out on the street. 

I would be very disappointed if the writer goes that route. What was the point of Jbong having to break ties if her father ends up living there? So he can see his daughter suffering as she should? Why should HJ and her mom have to endure and provide a roof over the head of these two? Is this the ramp up of JS trying to squeeze in again? Its time JS learns to clean up his own messes. He needs to man up and find a way to fix what he broke and find a place for he and his father to go. I some how feel that they will end up working for HJ in the end. The father as a waiter and JS as delivery. (He is good at it anyway. :lol:

Is there a possibility of an extension? I asks because as of now they will either have to cut out parts of the story line, change parts of the story line or reduce the number of filler episodes and speed along to perhaps finish on time and make a good finis. I hope a extension is not going to happen.. and I hope we clear out the issues of ex's trying to come back and go back to the romance of DG and HJ and they being successful and happy together. Its past time that certain people get a slap back for their brazen behavior (Yran, JH and even JS). JS is getting his now has he has now made his family completely destitute. The next should be Yran and JH. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@tulip06 This wishy-washy one horse drama is really testing my patience too. There's a lot of new dramas out there now - and I 'm a gonna start to wander over there. 

If this drama were an interactive drama, that would be so much fun. One where I could stick my foot out as JH walks by. Putting Yuran's special clothes through the hot water cycle. Let a tarantula walk in front of JB. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

On 3/20/2020 at 6:35 AM, ktcjdrama said:

It's just for a second shown in the preview. Trust me, he's going to push her away. I am so sure she is the one who force-kissed him *rolleyes*.... But why is it a Friday today?? I want the next episode asap!!

Their date is so sweet and simple... just sitting at a bus stop has so much feels and meaning for them. I need to see them date moaaaarr......

this will be airing til May right? so there will be lots of dragging, I dont get it why DG is allowing YRan to in and out of the house , they are divorce  also if he is doing it for his son's sake also impossible becoz the child very scared of YRAn, no need to tell YRan that he would file restraining order isn't just do it!!! or Go leave the house let  her stay there by herself then transfer to another house. about the kiss i think Yran is plotting on something  maybe asking HJ to come over making her see everything. Also the son sudden change attitude to mom, Yran must said something to child that she will make his Dad loose his job..  Also Yran is not big /famous actress why is  the company wasting time on her

I hate the whole family of HJ's ex inlaw. and i dont get it why the writernim get to make Director involve to JB. GJ(im loving this kid) is more mature than YuRi , every childs dream is to have their parents together. Im disappointed already with the writernim after making Director Kang and JB in a relationship ang get her pregnant tsk tsk tsk...now DG and YRan. :angry:

DG and HJ are meant to be, its just not yet the right time :) 1st they almost met on a blind date (ruin by the ex husband twice), HJ got the script and sent it to the contest, she save his life, he save her life, she got him back in to writing, they become friends and give pat to each other and develops feeling to each other...:wub:, im just hating the writernim putting the nonsense in betweens :angry:

• Like 5

What has been hard about watching his drama for the past 95 episodes has been that the writer doesn't make sense to me or you probably.  I think my problem is my expectations from this writer. The plot/summary doesn't match up with what I am getting from the episodes. But if you change the plot, it makes sense. First, it not about revenge.  If you change the plot to this: A father, Lee Baek Soo loses his beloved wife(dies) and is left to take care of his infant daughter and his 10 yr old son. Fill in the blanks, husband misses wife, daughter with no mother. 10 yr old now has no mother. Years later, JS meets HJ and doesn't let her go. Everyone is happy now until JS messes it up.  Now -   The writer is serving the Lee family Karma gently, after all, they've already suffered so much after Baek Soo's wife/ JS-JB's mother left them. HJ was once their savior, even though, they felt entitled to it. Yes, JB and JS were like entitled teenagers. Gimme, gimme, gimme. And once again, HJ is being their savior with JB. HJ doesn't mind doing this because that's the kind of heart she has. The whole(Kang) family is very compassionate. The writer is giving HJ her life back with DG.     Almost there!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I think this show is secretly a public service announcement for effective birth control and Plan B.

Imagine how different their lives would be if the unplanned pregnancies didn't happen.
YR/DG, HJ/JS, JB/CJ.

Now that the secret/not so secret fake torture of JB is over, can that couple just fade into the background? Just go away?

I can't stand them at all and it really irks me that they've been together for about 25 episodes (and look to stay together) and the main couple have only been together less than 10. And still face the threat of YR not to mention their kids still want them to get together with their exs AND the kids haven't met each other yet. Can we get this romance moving?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Gypsygirl said:

Can we get this romance moving?

I think HJ asking DG if he is considering getting back together with his ex was a wake up call  and warning shot. He was a little perturbed at HJ but went straight home and told Yu Ran she has 3 days to get out or he will call the police and have her dragged out. He needs to follow through with it. He can't let her linger around and increase HJ's doubt. If you think about it from HJ's shoes, her doubts make perfect sense.

• Like 7

@brooksmom ~ I am not sure what the writer is trying to pull but it annoyed me when dad gave the excuse that jin bong was motherless. is the writer suggesting that kids who grow up motherless are immature, selfish and hurt others callously? is the writer suggesting that motherless kids grow up with no sense of responsibility? :unamused: EYE ROLL!  I just wish the writer would just stick to that jin bong and jin sang were selfish morons and now life is throwing them curve balls and they are maturing. that is a far more reasonable explanation than trying to buy the viewers sympathy.. the writer is underhandedly insulting kids who grow up in single parent households. by this writer's logic, gwang ju should be a horrible kid. he isn't.

@Gypsygirl ~ fingers crossed, this barf couple will fade away because their story no longer has any juice and is just snooze.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

@brooksmom ~ I am not sure what the writer is trying to pull but it annoyed me when dad gave the excuse that jin bong was motherless. is the writer suggesting that kids who grow up motherless are immature, selfish and hurt others callously? is the writer suggesting that motherless kids grow up with no sense of responsibility? :unamused: EYE ROLL!  I just wish the writer would just stick to that jin bong and jin sang were selfish morons and now life is throwing them curve balls and they are maturing. that is a far more reasonable explanation than trying to buy the viewers sympathy.. the writer is underhandedly insulting kids who grow up in single parent households. by this writer's logic, gwang ju should be a horrible kid. he isn't.

@Gypsygirl ~ fingers crossed, this barf couple will fade away because their story no longer has any juice and is just snooze.

What's with the shaming of motherless children?  My mom grew up motherless, and while she can be frustrating at times, it's to do with her personality, not her mother dying early.  In the meantime, she has been risking her own safety to make sure I am well-stocked before she leaves me and double-checking I disinfect everything thoroughly and wear masks and gloves everywhere and only go out to really open places so that I'm safe (I'm a severe asthmatic so a high-risk group for COVID-19).  That lazy dude just didn't raise his children well. And HJ and her family are horrible people who don't know how to set boundaries or behave well either.  They never needed to throw plates or waste food. They could have simply taught JB to cook and then had her do it.  HJ could have insisted JB cook ages ago in exchange for plastic surgery!  They're idiots, all of them.  I'm so glad I'm not watching anymore.

Okay, so what are YR and JW up to?  Someone update me please and let me know if I should pop in just to watch anything between them or if JW does something really cool or YR does something really crazy yet interesting?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Okay, so what are YR and JW up to?

Jw only had about 1 minute in ep 95. She said something to JH that was probably pretty good. Now that DG is coming into money because his HJ drama is going to air, YR is trying to weasel back in by being nice to GJ and sweet to DG. However, as soon as she turns her back, the real YR comes back out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

He was a little perturbed at HJ but went straight home and told Yu Ran she has 3 days to get out or he will call the police and have her dragged out. He needs to follow through with it. He can't let her linger around and increase HJ's doubt. If you think about it from HJ's shoes, her doubts make perfect sense.

100% this issue is DG's to resolve, not HJ's. Right now HJ is just the girlfriend. She doesn't have any say in what goes on between exs. 

He needs to set YR straight and kick her out.

And someone please talk to these kids! Set them straight that DG and HJ are NOT getting back together with their exs! 

What's with this dancing around the subject and not telling them outright?

Ok Boon and JB are now officially best buds. Whew! A whole week, guys! Wait, not quite a week. Most of a week! JB endured fake abuse for most of a week! What a miracle! That certainly compares to 7+ years!

We all knew HJ didn't slap JB and she wasn't really yelling at her in anger. It was all an act for Ok Boon. The Kang family aren't vicious selfish people like the Lee-ches. Now we can all pretend that everything is great and JB is the perfect wife to husband - what's his name again? Oh that's right - she still calls him Director Kang. Ah, I should give her some slack. I mean she's only known him for 7 weeks, after all. It's tough to change how you call someone after 7 weeks.

Ok brace yourselves. JB will find out her father got kicked out of his house. Will we get more tears asking for her father to move in with them? I'm gonna barf up a lung if that happens.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

32 minutes ago, Gypsygirl said:

Now we can all pretend that everything is great and JB is the perfect wife to husband - what's his name again? Oh that's right - she still calls him Director Kang. Ah, I should give her some slack. I mean she's only known him for 7 weeks, after all. It's tough to change how you call someone after 7 weeks.

the relationship chart really misled us with the romeo juliet comparison.  I was hoping that she would at least give him food poisoning or something like the original juliet. pity really. at least then their segment would have been mildly entertaining. "director kang, I am sorry for poisoning you with my horrible cooking. now let me die with this antibiotic which I am allergic to. (faint)" -- we need some shakespearean twists in this drama now. ^_^

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

Tbh, I no longer care about JB because she serves no purpose for the plot anymore, at least imo. Redeemed? Fine, fine, put her arc away and let’s just focus and dedicate the screen time on our OTP please writer-nim. 

I am just so fuming mad with YRan now. That evil witch is poisoning the mind of GJ. She managed to feed him with lies and terror of a stepmom through storybook reading. In the preview, she even get GJ to ask HJ not to see his dad anymore. Gosh!! Can someone throw her out already?! I am super frustrated with the development of the story. The kids are campaigning for the parents to reconcile. Oh please... should I just stop watching for this week and just speed through the episodes so I can reach the finale soon? I know for sure that HJ-DG will end up together, but the journey there is too torturous for me. Argh!!

• Like 8

@tulip06 I agree with you "that lazy dude just didn't raise his children well", and ditto with HJ's family. These days they have classes. They shoulda took one or two. I didn't take any classes and whew, I'm glad my kids turn out ok. But they were resentful  me at times when I didn't go to their games because I worked and went to school.

Continued from my last post -

Some kids who experience trauma(losing a parent) respond in different ways. Some kids have good resources to help them cope and others don't. The last group usually end up with the wrong crowd, etc. It's hard to compare apples and oranges except that they are fruit. So, here, I think the writer is trying to offer an explanation to why this Lee family is the way they are.  Where, we expected this drama story to go in a straight line from beginning, to middle and end; it is now somehow making a U-turn. It's a bit strange.

DG doesn't deserve parent of the year award. If he was my dad,  later on in life, I would question him for leaving me, a little kid, in the same house with a known predator. One that poisoned my mind, day after day for their gain. (Yuran) 

What is going to happen to Gwang Ju when he finds out he was being used and that his mother really didn't love him. That's worse than being motherless. Now, how is this writer going to fix this in the end?

A lot dramas are ending soon including this drama, wanna taste. I am surprised that Kocowa is going to show a daily drama starting next week.  I can watch it subbed for free(with ads) within the first 24 hours once it becomes available. Hope it a good one.

Edited by brooksmom
have more to add
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, brooksmom said:

What is going to happen to Gwang Ju when he finds out he was being used and that his mother really didn't love him. That's worse than being motherless. Now, how is this writer going to fix this in the end?

At this point, i rather have the k-writer did this scenario below to fixed ALL this nonsense :

HJ woke up from a LONGGGG nightmare and it is still 2012, right after JS ruin her dress for her blind date.... HJ will ask again if her blind date can come see her the next day since she did not go yesterday. The guy said yes and when she met him, she sees DG. HJ was soooo happy to see DG that both just clicked during their blind date. They started dating.

HJ will ignore JB (pre-plastic surgery) plea to save her brother from starving himself. ... JW will become a successful actress and she will be so successful that she managed to get HJ's mom back to work for her .... Assuming that JW's already long ago passed away, JW's dad keep dropping by to see his daughter JW that HJ's mom and JW's dad clicked. After that HJ's mom married JW's dad... JW and HJ becomes step siblings... HJ will also tries to warned JW from marrying JH. DG will find it weird why HJ seems to re organising everyone around her but he let HJ be...

Later on, after DG and HJ got married, they stayed with DG's parents and DG's parents adore HJ.

HJ will be DG good luck charm as he grew more more successful as a writer, and DG will suggest that HJ develop new recipes... They noticed that HJ is such a good cook that HJ even  wanted to study more on cooking. DG agrees and DG went together to France with HJ so HJ can further her studies in cookery .... DG continue to write while HJ goes to classes. 

HJ got pregnant from their France trip ... Little GJ emerge. HJ opened a restaurant as GJ grew older and DG will write Want a Taste? script. DG will ask JW to star in that k-drama.... 

JH's business never really did take off coz JW did not want to marry him, so he still need to live with his dad, his stepmom and half sister. JH ends up marrying his "actress" and BYR managed to make JH's life a misery... BYR left  after JH's dad passed away and JH business sunk.  JH started working in properties, so he work with one of the adjusshi. Hence JH often hangout that was how those 2 adjusshi and JS's dad.

As for JS , JS managed to somehow meet JR in a night club as he was trying to cheer himself up due to losing HJ. JR got JS drunk and they slept with each other. JR got pregnant and had to marry JS.  

HJ even hinted to JS's dad if he is not stern to shape up his children now, then this children will grow up useless... So, JS, JB had to find a job or else work in that restaurant. JS work in a construction site to support his spoiled wife and his kid . JS's dad work at the restaurant while JR at home taking care of Juri jr (Yuri). 

As for the non plastic surgery JB, she had no choice but to study hard at school and after graduate from university, she got a job at the production company... She is taking care of her dad and helping her SIL with the household chores... Its after 2 years working there,  CJ starts noticing JB (non plastic surgery actress) and they starts dating. 

Last episode, we see the Want a Taste? k-drama was a success that both DG and JW won best script and best actress award.... Then a scandal emerge that JW is really dating the male lead in that drama (the actor playing the CEO in HJ's imaginary scenario).... JH becomes DG's personal assistant... 

The End...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I know for sure that HJ-DG will end up together, but the journey there is too torturous for me. Argh!!

how long is this drama? it is 120 or 150? if it is 120, we are just going to end up with a wedding. if it is 150, then logically, we should see them get married and then face the issues of blending their two families. what I liked about today's episode is that hae jin has developed a bit of a backbone and told yuran that she is not going to be stepping out unless dae gu asks. I guess this torture is necessary for both leads to evaluate if they truly want this relationship and to fight for it. sometimes it feels like the leads are side characters in their life as unnecessary ones like jin bong are given prominence.

I read in one of the comments on the site that I watch -- apparently korean viewers found out and posted on SBS message boards that the actress who plays jin bong is the daughter of someone in the industry and think the character is being preferential treatment because of that. maybe @rolisrntex would know more... regardless, I hope the writer sticks to the main leads instead. we are close to ep 100 and hardly any romance.

the best bit about yesterday's episode was when jeon won smirked and said "karma does exist" while looking sharply at junhu. makes me think that she is just waiting to lash out junhu and he has no clue that he will get stung so badly. he is so hypocritical and does not see how much his wife rolls her eyes at him. it is almost comical how blind he is to how she actually feels.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@tulip06 I agree with you "that lazy dude just didn't raise his children well", and ditto with HJ's family. These days they have classes. They shoulda took one or two. I didn't take any classes and whew, I'm glad my kids turn out ok. But they were resentful  me at times when I didn't go to their games because I worked and went to school.

A lot dramas are ending soon including this drama, wanna taste. I am surprised that Kocowa is going to show a daily drama starting next week.  I can watch it subbed for free(with ads) within the first 24 hours once it becomes available. Hope it a good one.

I'm going try that. One of the C dramas I had started is too borderline cheating and forcing the wife to accept it because "BL" for my taste.

So, today's, with subs, did it have a lot of JW and YR and JH story?

• Like 2

@Lmangla the actress of JB, Ahn Ye In, her father is Ahn Ji Hwan, a voice actor and radio presenter. She herself belongs to a girl-group, which I am not sure whether it’s still active or not. 

My source says the drama is 124 episodes. I used to think it was 100 then at one time checked it was 120 and now 124?? Maybe they added more episodes to extend?

I really don’t feel like watching today’s episode. Someone just tag me when Yuran is out of DG’s house.

• Like 5