[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

10 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Also, I don’t like the way the camera lingered on SDJ’s prosecutor trainee at the elevator.  All the investigation around SDJ raises suspicion on Choi Bit, feels like deliberate effort to make her into a suspect with motives.

Yeah something’s up with her.  I was tired trying to watch Saturday’s episode and just did a cursory watch so I need to rewatch to get details (all the names are getting me confused).  And get up to speed with last night’s episode.  DJ’s wife is strange too.  What sort of a relationship did she have with DJ?  Is she being threatened?  Which is why she seemed more concerned about her son than DJ?  Or did DJ himself tell her to keep quiet which is why she’s calm (but annoyed that he’s dragged their family into this mess) because she knows he’s fine and just laying low?

With the trainee, could she also be “in” on DJ’s plan and she’s been asked by DJ to steer SM into a certain direction during the investigation process?  I wasn’t paying much attention to the details of her conversation with SM at the elevator.

DJ is smart/sly but he’s a coward.  He’ll run and hide when the going gets too tough.  He would rather someone else take the brunt of the consequences of the investigation and just be there to reap the benefits.  He tries his utmost to make sure no mud sticks to him directly.  So it wouldn’t surprise me if he staged his own abduction because he got too close to action and bailed.

• Like 5

@nrllee shall answer your post once I am successful with this jiggly japanese cheesecake!

Viewers approved the mystery crime headspins.

AGB Nielsen rating

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Source

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

I think that (maybe) the culprit behind Dong Jae missing case is...

Spoiler

the college guy from the 1rst episode. He said that prosecutor SDJ called him a lot, he sounded RickRoll'D*d off and the person who was writting the message on the youtube video, they focused on his hands, just like the student in the drowning case. And the fact that the message written was something along the lines of "People like you who don't have a conscience" shows that the college student could be the one who feel wronged by a system who responds only to powerful/rich people, since both the police and the prosecution turn a blind eye if certain people are involved in the crimes.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

DJ is smart/sly but he’s a coward.  He’ll run and hide when the going gets too tough.

I felt this in my bones HAHAH but I'm not sure if we're all hoping for this so he's safe.

I'm kind of buying into the idea that the person who's trussed up in the cupboard is not SDJ, but then again we have gotten an explanation for the tie. The person in the cupboard is still bleeding though, so I'm worried (fingers crossed)

I'm quite sure sooner or later CP Kang has to choose like in S1, between the evidence + Si Mok's desire to pursue everything to the end, and his stability + career. When he was drinking the soju and then told Si Mok to go away at the start, that was a big mood setter for the whole episode.

And Choi Bit was doing stuff at night, photocopying our Yeo Jin's drawed-upon call records. She and Woo Tae Ha have something up right there, again, one of those past linkages that we can only wait for reveals. Sometimes it's amazing to think there's been a three year gap in the series, and so much can have changed.

And Kim Sa Hyun has got his own agenda - he reminds me oddly of an older version of our Dong Jae, keeping things to himself as he feels. I wonder (off hand of course!) how he would react if he found out that our Si Mok has a physical reason to his lack of emotion. Right now in the current series, only Yoon Se Won and Yeo Jin know of his operation...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cafe99 said:

I think that (maybe) the culprit behind Dong Jae missing case is...

Hide contents

the college guy from the 1rst episode. He said that prosecutor SDJ called him a lot, he sounded RickRoll'D*d off and the person who was writting the message on the youtube video, they focused on his hands, just like the student in the drowning case. And the fact that the message written was something along the lines of "People like you who don't have a conscience" shows that the college student could be the one who feel wronged by a system who responds only to powerful/rich people, since both the police and the prosecution turn a blind eye if certain people are involved in the crimes.

...and the kidnapped person could be prosecutor Ryu.

Spoiler

I think you may be right. You mean Kim Hu-Jeong (the Tongyeong survivor?)... explained why there was a lot of hatred and passion toward the kidnapped person.  

So where is Dong Jae? and why his blood?

• Like 5

@bedifferent yep

Spoiler

i mean the Tongyeon survivor, the college student who survived his two friends (the 1rst case from the 1rst episode)...

Also, the female prosecutor (the young one, the one SDJ trained) she seems very suspicious and the fact that she remembered the quote from crime and punishment, makes me think that maaaayybe she has something to do with this... like, she could be like Raskólnikov, who committed a crime thinking it would do good to the community (more or less), in this case, more like a good deed, i think it could be them trying to expose and teach a lesson to all those corrupt people in the system.

And if the female prosecutor is one of or the kidnappers that would explain the fact that SDJ was hit randomly with a brick from the back and with no sign of struggle, bc he knew his attacker. 

Buuut, this is all speculation haha. But (#2) the Raskólnikov thing, maybe that's what is behind: a person(s) trying to do justice, but in the wrong way (regarding SDJ case)

• Like 8

The person who was about to comment on the video, could it be his elder son or that kid in tongyeong who survived?

Is the kidnapped person Lee Yong Ho? Other suspects are Ryu and LSJ. But Ryu is a prosecutor and LSJ's disappearance would also cause an uproar 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

But he is also a prosecutor. If he is kidnapped then the eastern office would be in an uproar now. Unless he took a leave of absence, it is not adding up

Exactly- if someone else was kidnapped we'd have another missing person case filed already- apart from SDJ's.

I think that CB-WTH are not involved in SDJ's kidnapping- they are just involved in some corruption cover up and in that too it seems WTH is more at fault than CB. The 'shouldering' comment by WTH makes me think CB is not directly involved in any wrongdoing- and I know it doesn't matter cause she is still covering up for someone but I can't get myself to dislike her.

This episode does make Kim Sa Hyun look slightly suspicious though esp that part where he is recounting his days with LCJ. Up until ep6 he just looked completely ignorable. Then there is Hanjo, Segok, Tongyeon, SDJ's trainee and his wife- all have started looking very guilty post ep 7. That is basically what ep 7 did- added more people to the list of possible suspects while eliminating none. What it also did is establish that all these individual cases are connected with each other!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

The person who was about to comment on the video, could it be his elder son or that kid in tongyeong who survived?

Is the kidnapped person Lee Yong Ho? Other suspects are Ryu and LSJ. But Ryu is a prosecutor and LSJ's disappearance would also cause an uproar 

I don’t think DJ staged his own kidnapping. He was just promoted to Supreme court and too busy running around digging info. I think they used a stunt man when LJH was busy filming another drama 365 days repeat. It would explain the light difference in facial structure.

My suspect is director Park from Hanjo. It must be someone from Hanjo as the kidnapping did not benefit either prosecutor or police in my opinion. It draws attentions to dirty deeds from these two. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Finally I can join the fun

1. The scene that Choi ask if YJ  had something  with SM :joy:beside the fun of that, it really show how much others cant understand  what this two have( I am not blaming  them) you wouldn't do that even in normal days, taking prosecutor to confirm  another police officer so how they can understand  YJ who doing it even in middle  of war between two sides,  no one understand the amount of trust and comfortable  this two having in each other , and how much when they search  for true they just dont care or think about other  things and yeh they both enjoying  working and spending  time with each and we too over enjoying  that too :love:

2. I like  the scene when  SM directly  make YJ  noticed that  she still  think and feel like a field  detective  , first cause it show how much he understand  her struggle, second cause he really like seeing her back to her real personality  and finally  cause he not pushing  her or forcing her to admit her struggles  or weakness  just like the rooftop scene, he trying to help her and he understanding  her situation  and most important  he show kindness  and concern  that he usually  don't show or bother to deal with 

3. The suspect  list: SDJ  wife, SDJ  himself, the drawing case boy, the female  prosecutor  ( something  off on her for sure) , LYJ, LYJ  right hand , the builed boy and more .....  what I have to say  we back to the mystery    :popcornjackson:  those kind of clues that point to everyone  like music  sheets, school like computer  room, the unique  suspect  figure, the strange behavior  of everyone  , it just the writer  style  saying " I am throwing  a party come and join if you dare" I am so  enjoying  backing to that and sure so many more  then me having fun now 

4. Choi and woo  I already  write before they have a grave case together  , a case that will destroy  them together  , they both get this position  by or be part of big crime cover  or just to be silence  about it, it  something  that scare them both like that mean it not just a career  threatening but it will cost them more then that, and yeh  at some point there  was something  personal  between  this two maybe friend  or partner  or more personal  but definitely  they were close in the past 

5. LYJ  i don't think she behind  what happen  to SDJ, she has no  full idea about what Choi and her father  in the past  having together, she even suspect  her assistant now since he know more and ask the lawyer  to find out , she maybe wanted SDJ  to back and dig the desth prosecutor case for her but that he was killed, I am not trusting  her assistant  , he maybe work for her now but ye was involved  in company before and had things to protect  more then her 

Edit: 

I am really having trouble  with Netflix  sub, and more worst wherever  I search I found everyone  using the same sub( copy ) , I am starting  to enjoy watching it raw first and later with sub , since the sub really genral  most of the talk not getting  the important  of using different  words to address  something  and someone  and how much it affects  the understand of what the writer  trying to show about the characters chart and clues  impact ( just like how they translate  the  way the characters  address  each other ) 

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1

55 minutes ago, farawayland said:

I don’t think DJ staged his own kidnapping. He was just promoted to Supreme court

Unless this is a prop goof, DJ has been promoted to Supreme Prosecutor Office a while back.

His badge when he presented to the prison guard to visit Lee Dae Sung identified him as from Supreme Prosecutor Office. :blink:  His spill about moving around every 2 years, trying to get Shi Mok to put in a good word for him... is it not true?  

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.54.52 PM

same as the night he went missing, same photo as well. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.56.16 PM

What secrets is Dong Jae holding?  Why is he still working from the Uijeongbu office?  Did he deliberately bring the three cases to WTH office with the intent to investigate him?

BTW, who is Shi Mok's roommate?  :D

tVN Stranger 2 official website posted these

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.26.09 PM

Spoiler

• Like 9
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Unless this is a prop goof, DJ has been promoted to Supreme Prosecutor Office a while back.

I sincerely hope it's not. I mean why would the prop artist/maker would do that. He is in Uijongbu so he should have a Uijongbu badge.

pic 1:

pic 2:

Notice in both the pics, there is that same sofa

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I feel like there are at least 2 people involved in the kidnapping SDJ and one of them is someone who he knows. That's how I think he was attacked from behind. One of the kidnappers could actually be a woman. 

As many said, it could actually be a staged one, we know how cunning and sly SDJ is, so I would not be surprised if it ends up being a staged one. 

His wife and his junior prosecutor seem very suspicious to me. Wife could actually be having an affair or be in transition of getting separated from him. By this I mean she could be planning to divorce him. She really didn't seem to care much about him, but her children. So as even suspected by Shi Mok, their relationship is not that good and she could be cheating on him. I really sometimes love how Shi Mok suddenly asks straightforward questions like he did to the wife.

As for the junior prosecutor, she was seen in CCTV of a cafe I guess with SDJ (when the police team leader was checking CCTV footage of places SDJ visited). So either they really have got ahem close relationship, or she is directly involved in his abduction. 

Out of the two the junior prosecutor seems more suspicious to me. I mean even if his wife had problems with him, I don't think she'd go the abduction way. 

Hanjo group does look suspicious, but I don't think they have a part in it. 

As for others I'd really have to rewatch both episodes. Watched them late night and must have missed many details. I'll write a detailed post regarding Hanjo Group, Choi Bit and Woo Tae Ha, and others when I am done with the re-watch. 

• Like 7

The last two episode were intense. So much informations and we have lots of questions.

I always had a feeling that Choi Bit and Woo Tae ha knew each other and we have the confirmation. Both are in a hot spot. They cover up something together and now feel the tension. I think it is the case of that prosetutor linked with Hanjo group.

Seo Dong-Jae discover something and we don`t know about what because there are lots of cases simultaneously. Or probably they are all connected somehow.

I also believed that Dong Jae did not expect the hit. He is the basement of one of the houses in that neighborhood?

When that man hit him with the crowbar (or something) we saw his blood spreading on the package of a keyboard piano/synthesizer. Or the person who hit Dong jae has children who do music or he is a your person himself who plays a syntesizer. I think it is the second scenario.

b1bef2be488d0cdcdce77c192aedc3bf323604b6

The person who hit and kidnapped a prosecutor was hot- tempered (like that police chief Jeon Seong Pyo) who can`t control his emotions very well or a youn man, who is not experienced. I am sure Dong Jae asks some questions, did not accuse him directly but that man could not hold in  his emotions. He panicked. Maybe he is that young man in conncetion with the drowning case.

So many suspisious people. But Shi Mok and Yeo Jin are on the case. Watch out.

But what is with Shi Mok`s severe headache? I am worried about his health.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

What secrets is Dong Jae holding?  Why is he still working from the Uijeongbu office?  Did he deliberately bring the three cases to WTH office with the intent to investigate him?

Okay  i tried to translate  sdj card to make sure it not  a translate  mistake I think we have another bad and not really detail  translation  here ( that what I was written  about :rage:taken the simpily one when there two meaning or translation) 

okay what was written  on the  SDJ  card 

서 동 재  - SDJ  his name 

대검찰청-  it reading daegeomchalcheong - if you go to translate  it in Google just like the ep translate you will get = Supreme Prosecutors' Office

But if you search of it as word" daegeomchalcheong"  you will find out that  it mean = Seoul central  district  public  prosecutor  office:unamused: yeh I know Netflix  translation  is just simple  and not careful  thinking one like Google  translate :pensive: ( it  has a short word that using to reference  to the long words " Seoul central  district" and translation it simply you mistake it as supreme) 

So it all can just be mistake of translat cause the two meaning right and here we are thinking so much cause of it for two weeks

Ah the last words in the card that on the above part 

공무원증 -mean civil  service  card

So if it mean he was promoted  or not is not clear since the translation  is not trustful 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pompyavi said:

pic 1:

Yes, it is the same sofa. And that door could go to the basement where Dong jae was taken.

I don`t remember the picture. Who is in it? He looks like a young man and I think a young man kidnapped Dong Jae.

A video explaning the clues and posible suspects.

It`s indeed a forest of secrets. I can`t wait to see what Shi Mok and Yeo jin will find next.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, larus said:

But what is with Shi Mok`s severe headache? I am worried about his health.

Yeah me too. They also focused on his hands there. 

2 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t remember the picture. Who is in it?

The pic 1 is when that kidnapper hit SDJ (or not) in the end of ep 7

• Like 4