[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

Wah episode 7 really kept me on the edge of my couch!! 

I hope the writer is not throwing red herring at us! I will be mad if it’s that nasty bully kid who kidnapped him. 

Chief prosecutor Woo is flawed but I don’t think he’s corrupt. (Haha I am so prejudiced coz I really like this actor). After all, he recognise ShiMok’s competence that he took him on his team. And SM has always been blunt w Woo and yet, Woo does not show any prejudice against our SM. I hope that it will be revealed by tonight’s episode what he said to ChoiBit that made her stopped in her tracks about carrying on the council meeting. 

What an exciting episode! 

• Like 5

I did not like Prosecutor Seo Dongjae a bit in S1 but I grow to love him this season so he better not die. He deserves a happy ending and recognition for his hard works even though it's him digging people's dirt but very helpful to the cases. 

Is it only in South Korea that prosecutors have to relocation every one/two years or is it everywhere else too? This must be tiring and hard for people who have family as SDJ said your family cannot move with you. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

This is not looking good. With all the beating that SDJ got at the end of ep 7, and if he is not treated timely, something might happen to him. The Golden time is usually 24 hours. I think may be from next week they will start a search for a body.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I donno if SDJ is a purely good guy or not. SM n LYJ is confirmed doing the right thing but they are single. It doesnt effect them if something happened. I didnt know SDJ was married until last night episode. His wife seems nervous and worried about their sons, is there any reason for that? I missed the DNA part (i hope it doesnt show that child was not belong to SDJ). I was hoping he had a chance saving himself last night, but suddenly the kidnapper came back and bashed SDJ with something. That was cold blooded. The demoted chief, was bad tempered but he didnt cause bodily harm to either SM or LYJ. But again, who did he called? I've suspected Baek, bcoz he was saved from the bribe case but we dont trust he didnt participate on any of them. 

From the preview, did SM experience headache again? So, the stress only trigger when someone close to him in bad situation... Probably. 

Doing the right thing is hard. I've been there several times. It cause our time, efforr and name on the line. If proven guilty u r safe, if it doesnt? Live with it! Even my limited time tonite doesnt permit me to watch, I'll sacrifice my sleeping time...lol.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, an-naum said:

From the preview, did SM experience headache again? So, the stress only trigger when someone close to him in bad situation... Probably. 

Yes it seems so. Probably because he himself doesn't realize that things take a toll on his mental health. Since he is not able to process emotions like others, but things gets accumulated and in his case causes him either to outburst or triggers the pain

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Can we stop loving them even behind the scenes?

I love them! Stranger’s bts is gold! Never seen a whole team from main to minor roles having such a strong chemistry and rapport.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7

What if the man blindfolded and bound not Seo Dong Jae?

We assume it’s him... he’s never without tie.  Even has a tie pin on the day he disappeared.  Culprit would not take time to remove the pin and tie.  They kept focusing on his shoes, even have ShiMok noticing it.  I looked at the shoes he wore that day, it was shiny leather, not matte.  There was also a mole on his nose, does LJH have one?

What if writenim is being tricksy?  I think CP Kang has a point, where ShiMok investigation will hurt others... this is a different prosecutor.

Prosecutor Ryu!!!  hahaha  :lol: My twisted mind!

Also, I don’t like the way the camera lingered on SDJ’s prosecutor trainee at the elevator.  All the investigation around SDJ raises suspicion on Choi Bit, feels like deliberate effort to make her into a suspect with motives.  Prosecution is pulling strings here.  :isannoyed:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

11 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

What if the man blindfolded and bound not Seo Dong Jae?

Exactly Bee. This is what I too was thinking. Because SDJ had SPO's Id card. If Woo didn't meet him, how did he get one?

And from his wife's behavior it seemed she knows where her husband is. I mean even if they are in good terms wouldn't she be atleast worried?

• Insightful 4

21 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Exactly Bee. This is what I too was thinking. Because SDJ had SPO's Id card. If Woo didn't meet him, how did he get one?

And from his wife's behavior it seemed she knows where her husband is. I mean even if they are in good terms wouldn't she be atleast worried?

yes, his ID card!  Why is he in SPO and still work at his branch office the same day.  He acted normal, processed the bully kid case and didn’t say anything about his promotion to his assistant?  Nothing on his computer either?  

SDJ’s wife is too calm!

What is WTH up to?  The call history log indicated he called or received a phone call from WTH but WTH claimed SDJ was unreachable because he had his phone turned off.  He also had 3 more call events after he left the office at 1700.  The last one at 22:09,  when he was late to the meeting with WTH.  I can’t believe SDJ would not call WTH to notify he was late, given how important meeting WTH is.

All the suspicions feel coordinated to point suspicion at Choi Bit.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

55 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

was also a mole on his nose, does LJH have one?

Yep. I and my brother just now investigated that. :joy:

He is definitely not SDJ. Moreover if he was kidnapped, his car lying there is not making sense. As ShiMok said,  they should have got rid of his car or park it somewhere else. Why to leave evidence there? I would have ignored these if it were any other crime drama. But with this one I can't overlook any details.

I am speculating SDJ himself took the black box and ran to save his life. The kidnapped person either could be Ryu Si yeong or LSJ. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Yep. I and my brother just now investigated that. :joy:

He is definitely not SDJ. Moreover if he was kidnapped, his car lying there is not making sense. As ShiMok said,  they should have got rid of his car or park it somewhere else. Why to leave evidence there? I would have ignored these if it were any other crime drama. But with this one I can't overlook any details.

I am speculating SDJ himself took the black box and ran to save his life. The kidnapped person either could be Ryu Si yeong or LSJ. 

Omigosh if it really is not SDJ, the writer threw us a major red herring. You guys are great! I was cringing at the blood splattering and the sad sad thought that SDJ may be seriously injured. (Yeah and had throwback to body parts Lee Joon Hyuk haha)

I am loving the joint investigations scenes for SM and YJ in E7 

• Like 4

Love how the story progressed so well. This feels like a rollercoaster! So many details surfacing. 

SDJ's kidnapping case: 
I still think Chief Baek or KSH has a hand on this (despite the fake tears and tight alibi). Their team has 6 people. It's hard to believe that they're not in this together or help each other out. 

Btw, when the culprit scrolled through the comments section, why do I feel the hand is really pale :mellow:

Namyangju case: 

Love this new development!

It's like a secret pact happened between Chief Woo and Choi Bit - and Hanjo (for this one, Mr Park seems to be involved as well - seeing that LYJ asked Lawyer Oh to investigate the case without Mr Park knowing only means that she's not directly involved and did not trust Mr Park - I think that lie about the phone call which Mr Park said to HSM was the trigger. 

If Choi Bit is the one who always 'shouldering things and shouldering for Chief Woo' as well, then the death of the former chief prosecutor definitely not a simple accident. I need to rewatch that episode! :blink:

It could be accident gone bad and Choi Bit covered it up to save the related party. 

Big question now is: who publish the story of "active police officer suspect in kidnapping"

Why do I feel that the assistant prosecutor - Jung Min Ha might be behind this. Only prosecutor will be benefited from this, and Chief Woo didn't do it. No one else knows the detail of the case. She might be fed up with the whole process and decide to shake things up?

The message on Netflix's translation cannot be right, right? "I will do the dishes. It's too late now?" :sweatingbullets:

In the preview, HYJ said "You cannot catch me" - that should be the correct message. 

It's pretty cocky. It doesn't sound like a corporate mafia - they would want to do things quietly. If this is one of the Segok's suspects - I wouldn't be surprised. 

22 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Preview for episode 9. :D

Thank you for this! I hope SDJ is found next ep! *fingers cross

25 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

To me it seems like SDJ is working with Jung Min Ha. So much information has been given in this episode. I need to watch it again. 

This Kim Sa Hyun does not look good. Is he there just to be a showpiece?

SDJ seems to be working solo, but not much detail about Jung Min Ha. She could be a straight shooter prosecutor, or she could be someone like Eun Soo - with her own agenda. I remember how HSM looked at her - I wonder what went through his head at that time. :mellow:

KSH so far is harmless for now. So not sure.. could be? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

To me it seems like SDJ is working with Jung Min Ha. So much information has been given in this episode. I need to watch it again. 

This Kim Sa Hyun does not look good. Is he there just to be a showpiece?

Kim Sa Hyun.  Could he be double agent, a mole to invesigate WTH!? haha

Shi Mok caught that Jung Min Ha seems too eager to show they have similar training.  Did she look into ShiMok’s background or was it shared by SDJ?  Why do I feel all roads will lead back to LCJ, esp with his intro narration and Kim Sa Hyung’s past relationship.

3 hours ago, pompyavi said:

The bloody tie surfaces.  The kidnapper’s hands do resemble those of a female!

1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

It’s like a secret pact happened between Chief Woo and Choi Bit

If Choi Bit is the one who always 'shouldering things and shouldering for Chief Woo' as well, then the death of the former chief prosecutor definitely not a simple accident. 

The message on Netflix's translation cannot be right, right? "I will do the dishes. It's too late now?" :sweatingbullets:

In the preview, HYJ said "You cannot catch me" - that should be the correct message. 

Netflix translation again LOL.  @chickfactor could you please help with translation of the bloody tie note? Thank you so much in advance.^^

Choi Bit has a daughter!  Where is her husband?!

Did CB/WTH have an affair? Could the secret between them a personal one?  :lol: Hanjo ruffled WTH’s feathers more than Choi Bit so I think WTH’s direct tie with Hanjo is covered up by Choi Bit.  Add in past episode’s pause by WTH when they talked about Park’s alcohol intolerance, Park may have tried to broker a deal between Hanjo and SPO?

We get to know more about Choi Bit’s personal side this week aside from the office version.  Some of her past actions were personally motivated.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

OMG! Another unresolved case! We have Tong Yeong case, the police death case and SDJ missing case. All this cases have doubt here and there. I never thought that they  will continue to another episode for finding SDJ. Since its already late nite, I skipped all the CB and WTH scene. I like the advice given to SM by his colleagues. Hope he was one of the good guy too. 

Later guys! Nite! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

she's not directly involved and did not trust Mr Park - I think that lie about the phone call which Mr Park said to HSM was the trigger

To me it felt like it was their plan. How could Mr Park know what Shimok asked LYJ? Also she is the one who made sure that Shimok hear what Park has to say in his defense. 

25 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

The bloody tie surfaces.  The kidnapper’s hands do resemble those of a female!

That could be another tie just like he wore. Also, i doubt if the kidnapper is a female. If yes, she would definitely need an accomplice to kidnap a man.

Also, where does Park's loyalty lie? Is he really with LYJ?

37 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Kim Sa Hyun.  Could he be double agent, a mole to invesigate WTH!? haha

He was trying to get info from WTH about digging dirt on CB. He didn't report it to Woo about Shi Mok interrogating about him. Also he didn't mention about ShiMok's connection to Hanjo. As of now Woo does not know about Shi Mok's connection to LYJ. I am looking forward to Shimok pissing off his superior :relieved:

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

How could Mr Park know what Shimok asked LYJ? 

Also, i doubt if the kidnapper is a female. If yes, she would definitely need an accomplice to kidnap a man.

Also, where does Park's loyalty lie? Is he really with LYJ?

As of now Woo does not know about Shi Mok's connection to LYJ. 

Park doesn’t like Dong Jae, I doubt if he called him several times or would Dong Jae discussed his secret work for LYJ with her assitant.  Think he was just rescuing LYJ.  

Yes, if indeed SDJ kidnap, would have to be two people.  Someone who knows his agenda that night or lured him there.

What happened at the time when Park died? Did LYJ’s brother got out of jail then?

Perhaps, CB was transferred up (disguised as promotion) to keep her quiet, not necessarily planned by her intentionally.  Her fault is keeping silent and benefited from the deal.  I also think the Hanjo deal included her husband’s contract.

Crime and Punishment, committing a crime for the good of society in long term!  Who subscribed to LCJ’s philosophy?

• Like 6