[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

@larus His condition is a side effect of the surgery he had when was a child. His brain was more developed than an average person's and so he used to face similar seizures whenever he heard some sounds. So after surgery one of the main side effects was him not feeling any emotions. But the second one was that he would still have similar seizures sometimes. It was explained in the Season 1

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

His condition is a side effect of the surgery he had when was a child. His brain was more developed than an average person's and so he used to face similar seizures whenever he heard some sounds. So after surgery one of the main side effects was him not feeling any emotions. But the second one was that he would still have similar seizures sometimes. It was explained in the Season 1

I knew about his condition but I must forgot that he has some seizures sometimes. I hope it is just that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, larus said:

I knew about his condition but I must forgot that he has some seizures sometimes. I hope it is just that.

Yeh it maybe just a hint of the same thing they explain  in season 1 he still  has feeling but he cant progress  it or showing  it as the doctor  said in season 1 no one can deal with the stress  of not be able to  show out his feeling  

SM  usually  not close to many, not in term of love or hate he look at people  in work and rational  way but he still care   so when something  bad happened  to people  around him like ES , mother, SDJ  or he have to deal with so amount of stress  in personal  side or work moral  side he get the headache

it his mind way to scream out the feeling that he cant deal or understand  but it still there in him - and not to forget dealing with idea that something  bad happened  to SDJ  bring all the stressful  memories  of what happen to LSJ and ES 

But as you said we hope it just that ( okay even that Is hard ) I hope he not going to face another big health  problem in the future 

At least YJ know his really conditions  maybe more then himself, he asking himself  why ? Or not now ? Showing he himself  dont understand  why he getting  it and the fact it related  to his feeling about something, I hope Yj would have the chance to help him on that 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yes it is just that, I guess. Saw it happen more than a couple of times in season 1 too. 

In season 1 he went to the hospital as well. There were severe headaches. It is good that they keep a consistency. Maybe there are viewers who have not watched season 1. I think they will mention his condition for them to understand better why he behaves in a certain way. His new colleagues don`t have a clue about Shi Mok`s condition. They will find out later.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, larus said:

In season 1 he went to the hospital as well. There were severe headaches. It is good that they keep a consistency. Maybe there are viewers who have not watched season 1. I think they will mention his condition for them to understand better why he behaves in a certain way.

Yup it was right after Eun Soo's death, which actually hit really hard. We actually saw him suffer but not show emotions. We did see him get angry at her once when she put herself in danger and also in funeral. 

So as @nona88 said, it is his way of venting out his overflowing emotions. Same as the doctor had said in Season after he passed out in hospital, right after Eun Soo's death. So maybe as said above, he really had the memories of what happened to LSJ and Eun Soo and thought it SDJ could be next.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, nona88 said:

. The scene that Choi ask if YJ  had something  with SM 

:w00t: Her reaction was so cute. She tried to deny that it is something going on.

But I love how she cares for him and vice versa. He said that she won`t come back where he left the car but she drove him back to his car. And I loved when he asked her about her drawings and other exemples..

I can`t wait to see them working together more.

They don`t let Shi Mok eat in this show. When he wanted to get a bite of his sandwich, of course, his phone rang. :lol:

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

대검찰청-  it reading daegeomchalcheong - if you go to translate  it in Google just like the ep translate you will get = Supreme Prosecutors' Office

But if you search of it as word" daegeomchalcheong"  you will find out that  it mean = Seoul central  district  public  prosecutor  office

Thanks for clarifying. I thought it was a mistake when I read the subtitles. Dong Jae doesn`t work for the Supreme Prosecutors`s office like Shi Mok. He wants to work there but he is still working at his old workplace.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

:lol: The Police thought the same as I about DJ faking the whole abduction (mid Ep8) but SM seems to have shot down that argument.  So probably a dead end.

I went back to sift through DJ’s scenes with SM and his trainee as well.  This is what I found in Ep3 - too many pics (and there’s a video) so in a doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K4RhSDHFojaiwt9xnH1uXcT3_roLHkHMdxekskgDsnA/

there’s more to it as well in Ep7 when she’s talking to SM after DJ’s disappearance.

EDIT - Ep7 and scenes with Trainee - did she kidnap DJ just to get at Baek?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LwVA2Bwxx2OOpil8hhzw99WFLP4kI1XWh8CW1sKPVeg/

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

서 동 재  - SDJ  his name 

대검찰청-  it reading daegeomchalcheong - if you go to translate  it in Google just like the ep translate you will get = Supreme Prosecutors' Office

But if you search of it as word" daegeomchalcheong"  you will find out that  it mean = Seoul central  district  public  prosecutor  office:unamused: yeh I know Netflix  translation  is just simple  and not careful  thinking one like Google  translate :pensive: ( it  has a short word that using to reference  to the long words " Seoul central  district" and translation it simply you mistake it as supreme) 

So it all can just be mistake of translat cause the two meaning right and here we are thinking so much cause of it for two weeks

Ah the last words in the card that on the above part 

공무원증 -mean civil  service  card

Thank you for translating it. It clarifies his title. I was confused when Netflix translated Supreme Office where Shi-mok is working. I thought it was fast and he event got a new ID while still working at the old office and no one knows about it. 
It doesn’t help when the content is already complex :sweat:

• Like 4

The waiting for next weekend episodes is going to kill me slowly :cries:

I can’t help but think that the mystery person who posted the online comment is a red herring and it’s that nasty young boy who beat up his schoolmate. 

I am very much surprised that no one seem to know that Shi Mok is emotionless because of the brain surgery he did? I thought it was revealed in season 1 and yet Woo is unaware too? Thought as superior he would know. Lee knew right in season 1? Who else knew? So the brain attack ShiMok had was just random - and it was triggered by the comment that he shd be out there looking for Seo instead of being in the office. Hmm....

It’s kinda nice that ChoiBit is finally portrayed as someone who ‘shoulders’ burden for others so she may not be as manipulative or cold hearted as she has been made out to be. I am still hoping that she and Woo will not be the baddies of the drama.. flawed but not corrupt. Haha am I too naive? 

Even more questions with every episode! But still loving every single episode. My partner prefers season 1 but I like them both! 

@nona88 u r so resourceful!! Zzang! :happy2:

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, ilovenico said:

I am very much surprised that no one seem to know that Shi Mok is emotionless because of the brain surgery he did? I though

It not something  to be knowing the surgery  was when he was teenage  and will  not be in his medical  chart now and no reason for anyone in work place to know about something  like that 

In season 1 it was  out for everyone  that he had  a violence  side as teen through  the media but no one question  or searched  after that ( just think he change  it was a lie) 

beside LCJ and the killer prosecutor  who search and find about the surgery  and even them didnt know that he still suffered from side effects  since he was hidden that even from his mother  ( when she asked him if it gone he said yes even when he still having it) 

So no one know beside them and his family about the surgery  and there only YJ  that know about it and about him still suffering  from it 

To be honest  no one can know about it if it not through  his family , or getting into his personal and old medical reports 

40 minutes ago, ilovenico said:

nona88 u r so resourceful!! Zzang

I am just a fan who trying her best to understand  this drama ( the Sub  killing so much in this drama not just the making us get wrong clue but also the funny parts not that well translational)  sadly it not like season 1 when I could find different  and better  SUb for this drama now all the translation  is being talking from Netflix  and the same everywhere  

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, nona88 said:

But if you search of it as word" daegeomchalcheong"  you will find out that  it mean = Seoul central  district  public  prosecutor  office

So if it mean he was promoted  or not is not clear since the translation  is not trustful 

Thank you :wub: for the translation. I went back to get several screenshots

WTH's business card when he texted Shi Mok and his office plaque:  Chief of Criminal Legislative Division in the Seoul Central District Prosecutor Office.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.31.48 AMScreen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.37.12 AM

SDJ's business card when he presented to WTH at their first meeting, not showing that he is from the Seoul Central District Prosecutor Office.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 7.35.35 AM

This is the same Uijongbu business card that he presented to the prison guard by which he was denied entry cuz LDS can only see one visitor per day.  SDJ then whipped out his ID badge which showed he is from the Seoul Central District Prosecutor Office to gain special visitation right. 

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.54.52 PM

It makes sense that he now has the Seoul badge since he needs temporary security clearance, coming and going from the Seoul Central Office to see WTH.  SDJ def wants a permanent position in Seoul with the Criminal Division (as opposed to the local criminal div) after the cases are done.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

42 minutes ago, ilovenico said:

I am very much surprised that no one seem to know that Shi Mok is emotionless because of the brain surgery he did? I thought it was revealed in season 1 and yet Woo is unaware too?

Why his boss would know? They never met until recently. His medical condition is not for public knowledge and it doesn`t interfere with his job. Maybe a few people know,  people he worked with him close to the old case. If they did not talk about Shi Mok`s condition with others, not many people know.

• Like 5

There something  I didnt understand  well ( i hope it not another translation  error  since i have my  limited  in understand  Korean)

okay the scene between  SM and YJ in front of the SDJ  board case , what he meant come in term with SDJ  being despair  for 3 days and who he meant  there ? What he was trying to say and he have that moment  of silence  with YJ  looking at each others  ( what they were understanding  between  each other  and I am not understand  it ??) 

Is there someone  here understand  that scene more ? 

P.s. it make me remember  there car scene on season  1 when she catch he using the word " some people  don't need  alibi " and she catch that he meant there more suspect's so  I think the translation   in this scene ( season 2 ep 8) having something  off and the meaning of his talk was something  also 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, nona88 said:

There something  I didnt understand  well ( i hope it not another translation  error  since i have my  limited  in understand  Korean)

okay the scene between  SM and YJ in front of the SDJ  board case , what he meant come in term with SDJ  being despair  for 3 days and who he meant  there ? What he was trying to say and he have that moment  of silence  with YJ  looking at each others  ( what they were understanding  between  each other  and I am not understand  it ??) 

Is there someone  here understand  that scene more ? 

I think he was referring to Uijeongbu office people or higher ups. Since him missing has postponed the council meeting as well

• Like 4

The police said SDJ turned off his phone at 8:50pm

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 9.04.39 AM

His call log, between the time he left Uijeonbu to Seoul has 3 events

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 9.08.05 AM

Spoiler

He was already on the road at 6:54pm

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.35.31 AM

He met prosecutor Jung Min Ha on same day at 12:32pm

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.02.11 PM

He  gas-up afterward alone in car

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.02.01 PM

Uijeongbu is about 25-30 km from Seoul. If he left before 7pm and meeting is not until 10pm.  He must have a place to stay in between, eat dinner or go the appointment he mentioned.  If I have a family that I rarely see, I would have stopped by to see or have a meal with them to kill the time.  His wife couldn't answer Shi Mok's question about when she saw him last?!  Did he stop by their place that night?  Maybe she is trying to protect her hsb whereabout.

Did SDJ have another appointment before WTH? He would  also need to GPS his way to the restaurant to meet WTH if such appointment existed.  Whoever took the dashcam also deleted his route and history once he gets into Seoul.

17 hours ago, nrllee said:

DJ is smart/sly but he’s a coward.  He’ll run and hide when the going gets too tough.  He would rather someone else take the brunt of the consequences of the investigation and just be there to reap the benefits.  He tries his utmost to make sure no mud sticks to him directly.  So it wouldn’t surprise me if he staged his own abduction because he got too close to action and bailed.

Thank you for the doc sheets and detailed analysis.  They were great! I feel like we are team 1, tracing his old whereabouts :lol:  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

think he was referring to Uijeongbu office people or higher ups. Since him missing has postponed the council meeting as well

Thanks for answering  it maybe that what he meant but cause the moment  of silence and eye contact  they had after that I think he meant something  bigger  

Now why the female  prosecutor  is off to me

1. The first when SM ask them to bring information  on each member  of the police case and she answerd about the captain, it not just that she know the case so well but also know  update the details  that the captain  is in vacation now , she not working in SDJ  official now and just this morning  was asked to help on that but she well knowing in the details  of involved  even what they doing now -  SDj didnt even leave behind  written  papers  about the case since he start investigating  it again 

2. She has that  strange attitude against police  officers as they thr bad one and will cover the case  and it showing when she asked who will be charge on the cases  and that it not important  since they all one organization after all 

3. Again showing she so well knowing about the death police officer case when she was talking with captain  she ask him about something  SDJ  ask him last time ( so she watched the recording  interview) that maybe be just after SDJ  disappear  but maybe even before 

4. She already know Sm education  background  and she maybe show worry about the SDJ  disappear  saying toms that  SDJ  he was her trainer but she show to much clamming all the time    to even ask  about  the class SM  toke while they investigate  SDJ  case ( she trying to show her education  background  too ) 

There more things are off about , but this points at least  show she interesting  in the police officer  case more then in SDJ  disappear  , or she was helping SDJ  in that case so she know details  or that she was keeping eyes on him for some reasons and knowing what he find out step by step 

I dont know if she only trying to prove herself  and care only about that or is that really involved on something  bigger  but I am sure she not really caring about SDJ  more then caring about showing  herself and her ability  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nona88 said:

I dont know if she only trying to prove herself  and care only about that or is that really involved on something  bigger  but I am sure she not really caring about SDJ  more then caring about showing  herself and her ability

Could she be related to Sergeant Song? I am in a doubt whether the commenter and the kidnapper is the same person or not. But the kidnapper seems to hate both the police and prosecution. He/she is someone who was denied of justice. And the message that "i will do the dishes" Could have meant that he will take care of things now on his own though i don't what things he is referring to

• Like 7

@larus thanks for the video about clue and possible suspects.  The Tongyeong kid is a newbie driver so understandable is a bad driver.  The angle of the car is weird.  If it was him driving, why take the key if you don't intend to go back to the car to retrieve it?  Keeping the key would incriminate him?

ShiMok saw this drawing by Yeo Jin at the computer desk while waiting for captain to copy the call log.  He knows Yeo Jin stopped by the station.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.23.18 AM

Hard to read his expression LOL.  What do you think is going through his mind at this moment?  He stared at it for a while.  He reminded her about her doodles on the rooftop nights ago.  He must be pleased that she draws again. I also wondered if he thinks someone is watching and driving the investigations, Choi Bit included.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.24.47 AM

@pompyavi the note about the dishes, I think is meant that the culprit will clean up the mess left by corrupted officials.  Coincidentally, Shi Mok's roommate did dishes while he was trying to sleep.  The dishes reference is funny.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 7

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

Now why the female  prosecutor  is off to me

There more things are off about , but this points at least  show she interesting  in the police officer  case more then in SDJ  disappear  , or she was helping SDJ  in that case so she know details  or that she was keeping eyes on him for some reasons and knowing what he find out step by step 

It is odd. I don't think SDJ would collaborate and shared in confidant his investigation about Segok case with anyone.  He's too careful to avoid leaving anything in writing or on his computer.  Why would he need another partner besides Shi Mok?  The investigation was supposed to be off record.  My question is why and how does Jung Min Ha know about the details.

Remind me, within the call log, there is nothing to say SDJ was investigating prosecutor Park's death right?  Just Hanjo which the police and ShiMok are trying to deduce.  SDJ disappearance is the catalyst for SM/YJ to tie all cases together.  The Park green file is still SDJ desk drawer...I wonder when/if WTH will remember this detail.  He would want it badly if he does.

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1