[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

2 hours ago, x75274 said:

It would be so soothing to see JGW kill JYS, PSR destroy JGW and JDH, and PSR and OSA live happily ever after. THE END

it must have been so painful for you to sit through this entire show...

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Ahahahah Yi Seo killed me when she made that switch from cryin' damsel to poker face in seconds!:w00t: She's really somethin' alright as Geun Soo said.:lol: 

I was also very impressed by Soo Ah (never thought I'd say it LoL) the way she stood up to Chairman Jang was (slow clap) plus she's been gathering all his dirty deeds this entire time WooHoo ya go girl.B)

Waterworks working overtime during Royi's conversation with his late dad...:tears: Although WTF was he thinking at the end of ep. 15!?:crazy: Couldn't Yi Seo lock the room or something before taking off LoL!? And I don't feel bad for Geun Won at all.<_<-_-:P:rolleyes:

• Like 5

Spoiler

We all saw what was the gift GW was telling he would give to his father and that was the reason he texted PRS that his father knew where he is.

He knew very well that PRS would do anything for his people's life and he knew very well what his father wanted all this years from Saeroy........and he was right.

His father got what he wanted after 14 something years.

14 something years for Saeroy's kneeling.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, mangosorbet said:
  Hide contents

I briefly saw.. It's because he was telling his dad about younger sibling (dong sang) type friends he made.. I think he realizes he doesn't quite know what to categorize her as anymore. Not that he's forgetting her :)

Right, while watching his blurry memory of YS's confession and him not mentioning her, having his head ache and all i was like: oh no! Dont tell me they are going to play the amnesia card...and then i was like, well maybe he will remember her at the end of this dream. But turns out he didnt forget her lol, just couldnt mention her at first for some reason (didnt know what to call her/in what category to put her, or maybe it was too painful) but then mustered the courage and said to his dad: I am not going with you. I have a date.

Excuse me as i have to cry again thinking about this scene, i think i didnt cry enough the first time lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

So forced the JYS-PSR relationship. One moment he tells her not to love him - and then time skip and boom now I love you so much....LAME. As for JGW - oh boy you incompetent fool - you cant even do this right. If I was JGW and this girl who got me locked up was in front of me and was the love interest of my sworn enemy, JYS definitely would not be alive and she would be tortured and hating life so much she would want me to put her out of her misery. But of course, korean drama tv has to show JYS winning - as LAME as that is. 

• Unamused 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, x75274 said:

So forced the JYS-PSR relationship. One moment he tells her not to love him - and then time skip and boom now I love you so much....LAME. As for JGW - oh boy you incompetent fool - you cant even do this right. If I was JGW and this girl who got me locked up was in front of me and was the love interest of my sworn enemy, JYS definitely would not be alive and she would be tortured and hating life so much she would want me to put her out of her misery. But of course, korean drama tv has to show JYS winning - as LAME as that is. 

Lol thanks for telling us about what you are capable of bro . That is quite scary to say the least

Move on . They are the end game. She was there for him at every moment fron his lows to highs not SA. She has earned his respect and love.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

Anyways ot. Ic is one of best k dramas ever made. From three leads to supporting cast everyone is well casted. Every episode is well made so does the cinematography.  Cvs thank you for casting capable leads , not going for typical female leads who can't act to save their lives but a capable actress. Nara has really improved a lot. And  park seo joon from wwwsk to this, his range always impress me

Especially supporting cast also took drama to top level. A very well made drama which lacked the typical k drama cliches to sell

Anyways ratings

Nationwide

Top 10 household viewing rates
(Analysis standard: National, paid platform subscription furniture, unit:%)
ranking channel program rating
One JTBC Geumto Drama (Itaewon Class) 14.661

Seoul

Top 10 household viewing rates
(Analysis criteria: metropolitan area, households with paid platform subscription, unit:%)
ranking channel program rating
One JTBC Geumto Drama (Itaewon Class) 16.012

Anyways increase from last week and second highest rated episode ever. I hope finale crosses 16 %. Though drama didn't cross 20% , it is still blockbuster with 15 episode combined rating of 172.763%

Average for whole season nationwide is  11.517%  on jtbc which is paid channel ( that is like 23% on free channel like sbs! )

It is only one of 6 cable dramas to average 11% , though it will be tough to join 12% average club, as it will need nearly 20% for finale.

Still 11.5% is huge win. Even if it get 0% in finale, show has been written its name in history and second highest rated jtbc drama of all time.

Infacy skycastle and its average has just 1 % difference! 

Ic is win of consistency and staying in double digit from episode 5 to 15 for 11 consecutive episodes is huge thing that its loyal audience never stopped watching! It is win of good script , acting , filmmaking. That there are audience if you cast good actors and write a good script!

It is also a reminder to channels which crib audience don't watch tv. Darling they watch if you make a good show.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, x75274 said:

that's disturbing...at best.:blink:

• Like 3

This episode reminds me of the first time watching episodes 1 and 2 where PSJ superb emotional acting stole the show. Giving my endless praise for him. Also father and son believeable chemistry :tears: I like how SHJ portraying Park Saeroy's father character. Starting from the way he walked, talked, to the way he looked at his beloved son complete the figure of a father who is deserved to be missed by his child. Supporting cast are great too. I like it when CSK gave his name card as Director of IC then just threw it away :lol: I feel so proud of him for not using dirty ways against them.

@alexaze

What controversion? Where did you read? Naver? 

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, alexaze said:

Apparently the ending scene seems to have been controversial among Korean viewers. I wonder how this might impact viewership for the finale

That's sad. Most people I've seen understood why he did that. I mean, who saw that scene with his father should understand I think.

• Like 6

From Naver TV comments.

Some are saying that they found it shows how much he cares for YS that he would do something that was impossible for him in the past.  Others are saying that it doesn't make sense that he would do that after the bad blood between him and the chairman. That he'd suddenly disregard all that for a girl. Basically that it's out of character.

Now as someone who has read the webtoon I have to admit that scene and the build up of events that lead to it were handled better there than in the drama.

• Like 1

The controversal... Maybe it is drama and it is too fast?  It is really triggerred by:

Spoiler

SY told SRY if there is a next life, she wishes she will not born again.  she find life really difficult and wanted to die.  But after seeing him (regardless one thousand times or ten thousand times), it does not matter how many times we need to live this life again.

SRY has a very very difficult life.   But he is really lucky to have YS who is willing to support him by his side no matter how difficult it is, if she is reborn again and she will never find anything difficult as long as she is with him.  (That is why even GS realised SY has changed.  Which we all did said she changed for the better.)

So what is kneeling down compare to loosing SY.  

But i guess many people do not understand.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

It’s not “controversial”, something controversial was when Yi Seo made some risky remarks, but this time I would say it’s rather thought provoking. I don’t see any difference between drama or webtoon in that regard. Sae Roy had a character progression. And there was never an implication in his character that his own pride or principles ever were for him more important that the lives of his beloved ones. Who he actually would’ve been if he kept his pride, while letting close to him people her suffer for that... When accident with his dad happened it wasn’t his fault, but this time sticking to his principles could lead to something tragic. I’m not sure how anyone could expect from him anything else;) He didn’t even look defeated or bothered by that, which is also a point there;) 

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1

Well, i knew it what it's all about. I also read it earlier. But if they have read the webtoon, they know that the plot of this episode is back on the webtoon track again. And they should've known what will happen, right? So why does it bother them so much? While those who have not read it, they shouldn't judge too quickly then, before they see what will actually happen. We still have finale though. What message the writer wants to convey by making unchanging PSR is finally willing to kneel down to JDH. It's true it's for YS's sake, but the impact is way greater than that.

Well actually those kind of comments are only from a bunch :D and don't represent the Korean viewers as a whole. I'm pretty sure they will still be sitting in front of their TV tonight for the final episode bcs they're just curious :lol:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

12 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Well, i knew it what it's all about. I also read it earlier. But if they have read the webtoon, they know that the plot of this episode is back on the webtoon track again. And they should've known what will happen, right? So why does it bother them so much? While those who have not read it, they shouldn't judge too quickly then, before they see what will actually happen. We still have finale though. What message the writer wants to convey by making unchanging PSR is finally willing to kneel down to JDH. It's true it's for YS's sake, but the impact is way greater than that.

Well actually those kind of comments are only from a bunch :D and don't represent the Korean viewers as a whole. I'm pretty sure they will still be sitting in front of their TV tonight for the final episode bcs they're just curious :lol:

controversial instead increase the viewership for last episode lol. 

this all again just like cloy ep 15. the controversy is on all time high there any many rage and frustation by it. 

but after ep 16 its all good. we got the good closure.

i believe this will be like that too. 

i excpect a 15-16% rating for the finale. its 87 minute run so i guess an extra for our couple happy ending

but it is funny tho the complaint by the viewership even though this follow the webtoon and not a major change. but i get that last few episode seems to be dragging in term of storyline and could have handled better. especially the time jump part. it just feels so quick and too fast. they should have done it since ep 11/12 after the geum won jail arc. by doing it late into the drama its just too.. late and thus many got confused for non webtoon reader. 

• Like 4