[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Still no precap?! :o

34 minutes ago, ari_bian said:

@Anjalifairy Could you please pm me how Sae Ro Yi and Yi Seo are being cool about solving the problem in the webtoon special chapters? I really would like to know if that is ok? Thanks a lot. :) <3

@Anjalifairy Me too please! I read the epilogue but it's hard to follow without Eng Subs. 

@Anjalifairy so here's my brain retries to sit well with the math, recount the ages again, 

Spoiler

their daughter is 14 years old. Let's assume they married 1 year earlier. Then 20 minus 14 and minus 1 is 5. So that 34 + 5 is 39 for SR and 24 + 5 is 29 for YS. Oh... now it looks much understandable :lol: Why did I count this? Dunno.. but it's fun for me. I wish math could be this fun then I would had enjoyed the class more. Well... it happens for the webtoon and it's still too far-fetched to expect it to be happened here. I guess I'm just being ahead of myself because of your wishful thinking in that earlier post. :lol:

Ah.. thanks anyway for the link and the quick summary. It helps a lot while waiting to friday's new episode. Whoops.. still no preview yet.  They might give us tomorrow I guess, after midnight.;)

You do subbing? Wow. I envy you. I wish I could, then I won't need any subtitle anymore. No wonder you can read the original webtoon. Well for the span years I spend watching k-dramas I understand some general parts but it doesn't make me stop wanting to watch it again with a proper eng sub. :sweatingbullets:

2020-03-19-21-27-18.png

Spoiler

2020-03-19-21-43-57.png

demographic of listeners

2020-03-19-21-27-43.png
2020-03-19-21-27-52.png

2020-03-19-21-28-23.png

Itaewon Class OST positions on Melon chart right now

(so happy for Gaho ^_^)

others could've been higher too, but it's hard to compete with BTS' comeback I guess :lol:

Spoiler

2020-03-19-21-29-01.png

IC most searched drama on Naver (it usually stays #1 for whole week)
2020-03-19-21-29-20.png

6 out of 10 most searched daily characters on Naver are IC characters

(usually also daily people search for 6-7 IC characters;))

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

Hello everyone! 

I know that you are all waiting for the preview of episode 15 (so am I ^^) but I think that they won't post it this week (to keep us hanging..:()  I found a youtube channel where someone posted what's going to happen in the following episodes (based on the webtoon) with english sub! He explains everything in his video! I'm going to post it here, but it contains SPOILERS so be careful :) 

Spoiler

Edited by K Léa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 3/18/2020 at 10:43 AM, HannahFluffy said:

may i ask ... is this drama good?

because i was planning to watch

thank you in advance who answers

@HannahFluffy

chingu  try 2-3 episodes and see if it is in your taste.Sometimes you like the genre ,you like the actors but still you can not warm up to the drama.

IC has high rates for a cable drama which I suppose mean that generally people like it but again the rates alone its not factor that you will like it.

I dropped popular shows that almost everyone raved . e.g Healer, Sky Castle even the drama with the couple you have as avatar.

Give it a try and see what it says to you.

• Like 2

@K Léa hello there. Thanks a lot for the preview of the webtoon version. It's great to see how the dramas plot keep going back and forth to adjust with the webtoon plot. They might go different way but then return to the same track smoothly. And I'm pretty thankful to have the quick summary spoiler through that video. It helps to relieve my curiosity. And I find the narrator of the video is quite funny in explaining the story. :lol:

How to put your post under the spoiler tag

Spoiler

1. Click the eye icon on the upper right of the comment box. 

2. When it's opened then type your text as usual there. 

3. Done. It's just like that. Once you've posted it, it will be hidden. 

TGIF!! 

Ah.. they're just like a family, a mom, daughter and father. :wub:

• Like 5

@Alice Wonderland  Yes, I find it quite interesting to compare the drama with the webtoon! It's a shame that I cannot read hangul but,  luckily, I can count on our nice translators and people who have already read it to sooth my curiosity!  I'm really excited for today's episode (it's past midnight in France!) but also sad because it's almost the end! 

Thanks a lot for your help :) 

• Like 2

I was almost never a fan of extra added episodes or second seasons but I was wishing for 2 additional episodes for IC.

I want to see lovey dovey moments between those two!

I  will miss YS  and PSR character .Seeing these two together acting its such a fun .

Great chemistry, great acting from both and most of the cast.Kim Dami got me .

I am looking for her next project.

• Like 7

finally the duration for episode 16 is out !

1 h 27 minute. thats... alot considering the other episode is like 65-70 minute long 

episode 15 is 65 minute. this remind me just like CLOY last episode who had unusual long last ep runtime (1h51min) to had a good closure of the story. 

i think they add more duration for the good closure !! 

hopefully we got some juicy future of our couple :) instead of typical boring drama ending

but be prepare for a great cliffhanger for today episode

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@serenilmauve

Ah i totally forgot about that. It's not available for my region -_-

@ari_bian @platinumbeauty

Okay but give me some time bcs i might pm you all a long post ^_^

@Alice Wonderland

Here is my calculation method about their ages now :

Spoiler

Saeroy - Sooah met again for the first time right after 7 years (after deep sea fishing) when they were 29. Then time jumped, webtoon version is 7 years, so 29 + 7 = 36. Let's just say they got married at least 1 year later plus a 1 year pregnancy period, so when Seoro was born the estimated age of Saeroy was 38 and Yiseo was 28. Now Seoro is 14 years old, so Saeroy is 52 and Yiseo is 42. 
Well, i think mine is more complicated lol

About do subbing :

Spoiler

I'm still in the learning process and still in the beginner stage for my korean skill. I can read hangul, and with my experience in many years watching Korean dramas / variety shows i get more knowledge about vocabularies or phrases. Thanks to IC, i studied harder because i wanted to be able to read the comic. I can say now i improved a lot compared to before IC especially in vocabularies. But the problem is i can only understand by reading, not by listening. My listening skill is still poor. That's why i only do subbing for video with text/caption. I'm not confident enough with no text, I still often misheard, especially the conversation where they talk pretty fast :) And i still depend on subtitle a lot and sometimes dictionary. So i'm just shameless doing subbing with my beginner skill :D

Is it just me who don't wait for the ep 15 preview? Bcs i'm feeling so blue knowing it will end soon. I always have a hard time to deal with post drama withdrawal symptoms :tears:

Gwangjin (writer)  IG update. 

Caption: 

The directing, acting is all good. The only thing that's lack is the writer. 

A year with good people, it's like a dream. 

Thank you very much. 

Now it's time for us to part ways. Let's meet again next time.

:tears:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@serenilmauve

PSJ body language & facial expression is so good in the cafe scene on his freetime with SA too. He didnt have to say much for the viewers to understand what he felt at those exact moment but it was pretty obvious.  

When sees JYS enter the cafe with GS, it hit him so hard. Alot of may say it's because she saw him with SA, SRY felt some sort of way but I think it was the opposite. SRY going on those kinds of dates with SA is pretty much a casual thing he does innately. He did it alot before, even knowing about JYS feelings from 4 yrs ago & now. To me, the difference is he sees JYS with GS whom they havent met in a long time. I doubt she ever went on any dates in those 4 years & JYS never looked at anyone else romantically. SRY is highly aware how much JSY loves him to the point he knows everything about her regarding him like her password, it being his birthday lol. SRY was probably caught off guard that JYS, whom openly loved him so much/always on his side, would go on a date with another man, GS, who actually have feelings for her. SRY looked so distressed in a state of anguish lol as he matt down his hair furrowing his brows.

It almost reminds me of the truth/dare scene 4 years before when GS openly says that JYS will come to him after he takes over J Co. SRY reaction to it, he was somewhat suprise by that statement. Look at how his brow slightly furrow & he appears somewhat spaced out and then brushes off that idea when JYS tells SRY they werent a thing. That day was also that last time JYS had contact with GS with SRY around(besides that slap scene) & the last time SRY said he likes SA. Fastfoward, he doesnt even look/say anything to SA as he leaves the cafe to go to after JYS. Even SA could tell what was happening to him. He didn't even tell SA he likes her in the usual manner anymore when he obviously was avoiding that question.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

PSJ body language & facial expression is so good in the cafe scene on his freetime with SA too. He didnt have to say much for the viewers to understand what he felt at those exact moment but it was pretty obvious.  

When sees JYS enter the cafe with GS, it hit him so hard. Alot of may say it's because she saw him with SA, SRY felt some sort of way but I think it was the opposite. SRY going on those kinds of dates with SA is pretty much a casual thing he does innately. He did it alot before, even knowing about JYS feelings from 4 yrs ago & now. To me, the difference is he sees JYS with GS whom they havent met in a long time. I doubt she ever went on any dates in those 4 years & JYS never looked at anyone else romantically. SRY is highly aware how much JSY loves him to the point he knows everything about her regarding him like her password, it being his birthday lol. SRY was probably caught off guard that JYS, whom openly loved him so much/always on his side, would go on a date with another man, GS, who actually have feelings for her. SRY looked so distressed in a state of anguish lol as he matt down his hair furrowing his brows.

It almost reminds me of the truth/dare scene 4 years before when GS openly says that JYS will come to him after he takes over J Co. SRY reaction to it, he was somewhat suprise by that statement. Look at how his brow slightly furrow & he appears somewhat spaced out and then brushes off that idea when JYS tells SRY they werent a thing. That day was also that last time JYS had contact with GS with SRY around(besides that slap scene) & the last time SRY said he likes SA. Fastfoward, he doesnt even look/say anything to SA as he leaves the cafe to go to after JYS. Even SA could tell what was happening to him. He didn't even tell SA he likes her in the usual manner anymore when he obviously was avoiding that question.

More, before she had just told him she couldn't even go on a date unlike him. I'm pretty sure he thought about that too. That maybe she was giving up on him.

And yes, I think he thought about that day GS told everyone YS had promised him she would get with him if he takes over Jangga. GS just came back and his father is dying...and who will be in his place? Yes, I think he felt bad about YS seeing him with SA, but I agree and I think he didn't like seeing YS with GS.

• Like 5

@Anjalifairy just read that it will be extended to some half hour for the episodes. I'm glad if it really does so. Then maybe, well maybe we'll get our wish then. :lol: 

while I'm learning through listening.

Spoiler

I recognize and understand some of their phrases. But it's still so hard to read in Hangeul. I didn't take any course and just study by myself. Lol. But yeah.. I'm such very lazy and busy with works as times so I missed lots of lessons already. You did good. It's impressive you can read the text well and understand them. Hwaiting! Hope you improved more and more. 

Oh.. SK and found him? Then what about YS. Will be like in the webtoon? Aahh... it's still 1.05 pm here. We won't get any preview, will we?:sweatingbullets: 

Our beautiful girls;) 

God, I’m still not ready to say goodbye...

@greenwatch08 I think it’s mix of both. He definitely got to the point of feeling himself uncomfortable and sorry for talking and meeting with Oh Soo Ah, if Jo Yi Seo sees or hears it. Which is why the office scene happened. And when Yi Seo said to him “you now see me as a woman” he didn’t say anything back to her and just leave. Somehow and somewhere he admitted to himself, that he indeed does. And when he saw Yi Seo with Gun Soo, and when he released she again saw him with Oh Soo Ah he felt all kind of emotions. 

Let me be a bit of fangirl here, but PSJ is a great actor in my eyes, because he makes all his characters feel like a different people. The gesture that he did in cafe with Oh Soo Ah and Jo Yi Seo, he never recreated anything like that for any of his characters before;))

• Like 11

@serenilmauve

Yes, it's definitely a bit a both. This is the only drama I've seen from PSJ besides the first 3 episode of WWWSK lol. But yes, SRY has a very distinctive personality/quirks & the way he does things, his gestures sets him apart from the usual male characters. I find SRY to be very unique & the way PSJ portrays him is effortlessly. That scene was my favorite part of episode 14. That moment when he mat down his hair is very on brand of SRY & I never seen that kind of gesture that portrays that state of feeling anguish so well in any drama. All his little moments from his eye-acting & body language/posture was *chefs kiss*.  

I'm gonna miss KDM so much. I hope shes gets offer for dramas after IC & her new film in the near future. Shes been a joy to watch through & through. Love to see her tackle light hearted stuff or a historical period tv show. Like what do I watch after IC lol, although this month still has alot of good looking dramas coming out so it's not so bad. IC has a cast of very distinctive characters & some of the best looking clothes. So iconic. I gonna miss seeing SRY all clad in black lol.

• Like 8