[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

Oh man. That's episode 33 already. I know in some weekend dramas this is the break up period/ episodes for  the OTP. But the OTPs usually need some interactions to HAVE a break up.

And this TR-'SA break up was so tame. And the SR- what's her name again?- issue was never even resolved or dealt with. His family is still in the dark. He just made unilateral decision to break up. 

And the female lead is dating. In the midst of the break up period. What duh? And he hardly has any screen time. Not even to see him brood.

Are we even supposed to ship them? I don't even see dating memories or flashback moments from her.

You can spend just 1/3 episodes left to sort out the complications. There is no time even for dating.

Not to mention neither JW, JH or TR are even in a stage to have a wedding scene. Weekend dramas always have ONE wedding. Be it the main OTP or secondary OTP.

Even viewers need to be coached on what they want. A confused writer makes for confused viewers.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoa I am happy for some progress for CA and JH actually talking with each other again and about JG and KSW. I am glad they both seems to be comfortable talking about JG and discussing about the hit and run case. this is how they gonna get closer again.  @triplem  glad another noticed the romantic atmosphere with that camera filter. Had to remind myself on their current mode, but who knows if they gonna surprise us :wub: *tray to remind myself this gonna be a slow progress :P 

wow, SA is clearly not into JW intimate advance... Should be a wake up cal for him on how she have no feelings for him. But I really wonder how writer gonna conclude SA-TR-JW triangle. 

11 hours ago, watzdiz said:

think he is most gorgeous as Gu Jun Hwi. BTW, in the earlier eps when he is the soldier ajusshi, is it his real hair or could he be wearing a wig??

:joy: I was thinking the same thing. but it doesn’t bother me as long he have the current look.   Looking at the other recommended past stuff he did. I think longer hair makes him very attractive.   I am falling in love with his hair. His current hair style is on point.  

On 1/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, greenwatch08 said:

Im not familiar with the actress Seol In A but I just love how she portrays the protagonist. Something about her acting here is so charming/striking & natural. She looks/talks like a teenager. I'm was suprised she was 24. 

I didn't know about her too until I watched Sunny Again Tomorrow and immediately I felt her acting refreshing, with great natural facial expressions and gestures too with clear voice; especially if you're talking about watching a daily drama, seeing a character for months, someone gotta pulled you in to tune day after day. Usually I won't follow long dramas, I'll just watch much later when it's done. 

Her other drama/film that I find her awesome too are Special Labor Inspector(2019) and Closed Eyes(2017). Check it out if you guys haven't. ^_^

On 1/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, greenwatch08 said:

I'm not familiar with Kim Jae Young other than recognizing him from a few watch of 100 Days My Prince

I saw him once in the drama Black(2017) and immediately I put a mental note to watch out for him in the future, although his role is small yet it was important to the story.

Funny how I found his next work Beautiful Love Wonderful Life thanks to Seol In Ah because I saw a clip of hers for BLWL with him. :)

That's when I know it's gonna be an interesting combo to watch. And it has been so far, yay! 

Sorry I didn't say hello first but I'm really glad to read all the discussions and comments for this drama from all of you! Can't wait for the next episodes too! Happy long weekend to those celebrating Chinese New Year! Blessed weekend to all. 

2 hours ago, corey said:

Was it any different?? :unsure:

LMFAO. 

It looks very different to me.  It had more oomph than just a middle part before Spain.  Hair was also darker too.  

Pre-Spain:

zGnvwra.jpg

Post-Spain:  

5mYSx38.jpg

Habits of me analyzing idols' hair and looks translate into drama world.  What can i say?  Im a freak like that!  

5 hours ago, sal2 said:

whoa I am happy for some progress for CA and JH actually talking with each other again and about JG and KSW. I am glad they both seems to be comfortable talking about JG and discussing about the hit and run case. this is how they gonna get closer again.  @triplem  glad another noticed the romantic atmosphere with that camera filter. Had to remind myself on their current mode, but who knows if they gonna surprise us :wub: *tray to remind myself this gonna be a slow progress :P 

wow, SA is clearly not into JW intimate advance... Should be a wake up cal for him on how she have no feelings for him. But I really wonder how writer gonna conclude SA-TR-JW triangle. 

I think I am a romantic at heart . Even though I love all the crime dramas & revenge melodramas , I am always looking for some crazy love line . Pls writer nim be creative, show that they still can’t live without the other . 

@lalalaelala @corey one thing I know , he should not do blonde/ brown hair :joy:. I detested it In Secret Romance 

TBH , I think he looks really good since 100 Days My Prince . I feel he looks better now as he ages compared to his earlier works . 

@ck1Oz you made some good points about the plot progression. Can this writer wrap everything up nicely? In some dramas , I often feel they could just have less episodes & tighten up the plot , in fact in most cases I always feel extensions are not necessary. But I think this drama could extend considering there’s so much story left to tell.  

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Are we even supposed to ship them? I don't even see dating memories or flashback moments from her.

Not to mention neither JW, JH or TR are even in a stage to have a wedding scene. Weekend dramas always have ONE wedding. Be it the main OTP or sec:wub:ondary OTP.

I agree with you, i don't even know how the writer is gonna wrap up this SA-TR-JW love triangle. If SA-TR is the endgame, I'm afraid their love story somehow isn't nicely built and overshadowed by SA-JW's debacle. Sigh. I like TR, but I can't lie that I think JW deserves some happiness too. He tries to be a better person for SA.

And wedding! So true! Almost every weekend drama i've watched includes at least one celebration. 'Five enough' even has two, there are also two weddings in 'father is strange', also two in 'what happens to my family',  Seol In Ah even gets married in 'sunny again tomorrow'. Woohoo, i hope we get to see JH looks all dazzling in tux and CA being walked by her dad to him. Eps 45 maybe? :lol:

Marriage between JH&CA surely will add more conflicts, but as long as they're together, bring it on!

3 hours ago, lalalaelala said:

It looks very different to me.  It had more oomph than just a middle part before Spain.  Hair was also darker too.  

I think it is the fact that it is styled with waves in the before Spain part and now styled straight. also like you noticed he have a brownish color now.  :)  I guess they wanted to show the time skip in how his hair changed.

To tell you the truth it just looks like he went from having black hair to using a chestnut colour dye.

And a guy having a middle parting has always been a yucks for me. And it must be so uncomfortable for the actor with the hair hanging all the way to his eyebrows. i guess the stylists wanted to him to appear earnest and brooding. Hard to do it with waves/ spike hair on the top and a no 1 at the side.

His sideburns are the same. So either the waves earlier are his normal waves or they permed it. It is blown dry down and then absolutely glued down with wax/ spray.

Also, I like JH here I really do but have no interest in checking him out in the other dramas. I understand there is a thread for him now? 

The male leads in this drama are good but somehow I only like them here. In this drama. However because it's a KBS2 weekend drama and I have been watching them for years- don't even aspire for any bare body scene.

The girls father is an absolute, total turn off. JH is also a shareholder in Intermarket. If the dad fawns all over him I  would want to puke.

A happy ending for this drama includes having the father talk less. Get a job. Be so tired he just falls asleep after work and stop talking so much. His voice just sets me off ranting these days.

@stroppyse my heart sort of sank with your post. I am not disagreeing with it. I haven't analyzed it that far but it's a real possibility. First off it would totally suck that the senior OTPs end up in a 3 way no- man's- land ending. It's not even an open ending. For once I sort of feel that the HR situation is just too much of a family to marry into.

The only weekend dramas that had really sucky endings were MBC ones. I actually went back to check. It was " I summon you, gold " and " A hundred years inheritance." KBS2 dramas usually resolve quite well. And I do mean it sincerely. There is a reason why I tend to follow that station drama to drama.

In this case SA not ending with both men might actually be better. JW needs to move out of the house and move on from SA. 

It's too hard for TR and his whole family if he brings SA in as the oldest daughter in law. Family dinners will be impossible. And yet they can't live in a bubble and exclude the extended family. KBS2 dramas are always about family. And if SA has to accept HR? That's too much even for an idiotic ending. No woman forgives her ex- husband's 2 year long mistress and calls her " agasshi." And her so called SIL almost made her own sister die.

SA was not in love with her husband for 9 years. Then have her end up in a marriage where both sides of the family can't even meet for the family meeting? Then have children from that marriage? No no no.

We don't want SR as an aunt. Then SR and CA can't even meet. SR as an aunt sends shivers down my spine. That woman has no personal ok she has, just that her personal ethics are so selfish it's scary. She can't marry JW-no possibility- because she would be more cruel than his mother in the end. Chaebol MILs were not even born as bad as her.

Nope. It's still a mess.

End rant

Its Saturday morning now. I don't live in an Asian country so unfortunately can't join in the celebrations as well. However I try and so will leave you guys. Have to straddle kids sports and then doing the " right " thing by tradition. Basically it means I don't feel like cooking. Ergh so much cooking.

새해 복 많이 받으세요.

Re: the SA-TR-JW 

It is confusing as who it will be at the end and I wish TR had more of presence with SA.

I think that JW believes he knows what SA is feeling and that eventually she will pick him. I hope she let's him down easy or he sees it himself and let go and move on.  Or she falls for him and they get back.. who knows. This weekend hope they make it clearer.

Re: JH and CA

I'm glad they are working together but as they get closer to the truth it will be another hurdle in their relationship. JH may pull away again since his mom is responsible. Will CA find out 1st or JH or together? Def will be another we cant be together.

17 hours ago, ende said:

I didn't know about her too until I watched Sunny Again Tomorrow and immediately I felt her acting refreshing, with great natural facial expressions and gestures too with clear voice; especially if you're talking about watching a daily drama, seeing a character for months, someone gotta pulled you in to tune day after day. Usually I won't follow long dramas, I'll just watch much later when it's done. 

Her other drama/film that I find her awesome too are Special Labor Inspector(2019) and Closed Eyes(2017). Check it out if you guys haven't. ^_^

I saw him once in the drama Black(2017) and immediately I put a mental note to watch out for him in the future, although his role is small yet it was important to the story.

Funny how I found his next work Beautiful Love Wonderful Life thanks to Seol In Ah because I saw a clip of hers for BLWL with him. :)

That's when I know it's gonna be an interesting combo to watch. And it has been so far, yay! 

Sorry I didn't say hello first but I'm really glad to read all the discussions and comments for this drama from all of you! Can't wait for the next episodes too! Happy long weekend to those celebrating Chinese New Year! Blessed weekend to all. 

Hey there! Happy New Years to you!

I read her bio that she went to college to study acting & it's really apparent onscreen. Shes a natural, super charming. She has this visual flair & knows how to perform with nuance/subtlety with her facial expressions. I love the tone of her voice too, it's so youthful. I'm pretty much watching BLWL just for her :lol:. Her acting style here really drew me in. I find CA so endearing as a character. Shes so wonderful & relatable ^_^. I see that this is Seol In A's second lead role for a tv show? She has a promising career. Havent been impressed by an actor since Kim Tae Ri, who's exceptionally great & wonderful as well. Would love to see SIA lead in a cable drama for TVN/JTBC or even OCN.

KJY acting is fine in BLWL. Hes not as striking as Seol In A in the drama but he is watchable. He has a very lovely smile & his scenes with SIA in BLWL are sooo cute & fun:wub:. They do have great chemistry together. SIA really knows how to carry herself onscreen. Shes acting in circles around everyone lol, atleast to me in BLWL.  

@triplem Kind of late to the party lol but thank you for the welcome! I'm trying to keep up with the episodes for BLWL but it's so much. There are a bunch of upcoming shows this late winter/early spring too.  

One thing I noticed about BLWL, the change in camera was pretty jarring after the first 8 episodes. It now looks like every other family drama lol. Maybe the kind of camera used for the first 8ep was expensive because the direction & filming felt like a regular show early on rather than a usual sitcom/family drama that's placed with obvious stage sets. Also, the frequent shift & drastic change in tone from the dreadful seriousness to the outlandish comedics is such a whiplash in the early episodes too lol. 

3 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

One thing I noticed about BLWL, the change in camera was pretty jarring after the first 8 episodes. It now looks like every other family drama lol. Maybe the kind of camera used for the first 8ep was expensive because the direction & filming felt like a regular show early on rather than a usual sitcom/family drama that's placed with obvious stage sets. Also, the frequent shift & drastic change in tone from the dreadful seriousness to the outlandish comedics is such a whiplash in the early episodes too lol.

Somewhere was written about a budget before starting BLWL - it was not so typical, just higher - -am I right?

15 hours ago, corey said:

I second that wholeheartedly - both horrible hair in My secret romance and good looks in 100 Days.

Right, and my subtle question - Korean men have a standard hair style - "the champignon- shape".  ( excuse me, I don't want to touch anyone!). KJY's hair is a little modificated  but formed in this shape, too :(. Why not better shading ? Barbers, stylists -  take care about natural beauty and shapes of actors and actresses).

PS @corey - I was out of internet for one week but all time in the BLWL mood :D

---------------------------------------------

Scenes 2 and 3  in "Paris" or Paris?

Archived