[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

On 10/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, chubbz said:

Now that you mentioned it, it sounds possible, because I remember one of the names JG mentioned to CA had Moon as the last name (or did my memory fail me?), and kdramas love such "connections"...

My memory failed me... There was no Moon. One Park and one Kang... but they could be relatives still... Hmm

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem, agreed. It seems like wives don’t take the husbands’ surnames in Asian drama which is probably a reflection of the reality in those countries. Only the children bear their father’s surnames.

Anyway, I dislike DJ’s mom, CA’s deadbeat father and Seol Ah.

I don’t dislike DJ’s mom for the grief she gives Seol Ah. The two of them can tear each other apart for all I care. Water finds its own level. I mainly dislike DJ’s mom for her feelings of superiority that leads her to treat others like trash. How dare she try to pin the accident on CA’s friend? Poor guy have enough problems of his own without being falsely accused like that. 

I don’t like CA’s dad especially after he told CA to get out his sight and basically kicked her out of the house back when her bratty elder sister said CA messed up everything for her because DJ proposed to her. Often times these family drama try to act realistic but only to a certain extent. How many grown children in real life wouldn’t write off their dad after he keep saying stuff like that? However, in these family drama, the writer would never dare to have CA write off her dad. I imagine she’ll have to listen to him tell her these things all the time until the drama ends while acting like a good little daughter. Meanwhile, her mother hardly defends her or stands up to her husband. I find it so unrealistic but I see it repeatedly in these weekend family shows.

As to Seol Ah, that girl has no soul. Her constant outbursts and tantrums like a mad woman are truly telling. I’m hoping so much that our Moon guy doesn’t end up with her because she’s just a pathetic empty vain individual. I can’t even imagine liking her unless her character undergoes a complete transformation. I think what I dislike about her the most is how utterly selfish she is without even an ounce of gratitude towards her husband for giving her the luxury she wanted or gratitude towards her mother for all the sacrifices she made to raise her.

So started this drama and watched first hour. Dark start to the drama with this two kids having a suicide pact... also covering up the suicide.. really. But CA mother did explain why. seems like suicide is very hard subject to talk about for Korean (kinda glad drama actually talked about this sensitive subject because it is real for many people and needed to be talked about). 

But yah really wish they did say the truth then cover it up... 

CA and JW first meeting  at the train was just funny and sweet. I guess he unknown to them saved her because she clearly got life in her eyes looking at him for a moment :wub:

I really hope despite the dark start we are in for growth and a journey for this characters to find happiness and love (not just romantic but love for themself). At least this is my feelings consider the synopsis and also what is said from the PD :)  I guess we need this dark backstory to understand their struggle and how they gonna overcome their past.  

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

As to Seol Ah, that girl has no soul. Her constant outbursts and tantrums like a mad woman are truly telling. I’m hoping so much that our Moon guy doesn’t end up with her because she’s just a pathetic empty vain individual. I can’t even imagine liking her unless her character undergoes a complete transformation. I think what I dislike about her the most is how utterly selfish she is without even an ounce of gratitude towards her husband for giving her the luxury she wanted or gratitude towards her mother for all the sacrifices she made to raise her.

As it's a weekend drama, so it'll be a long one. I get the impression that SA's character will be the one who transforms and develops the most. Perhaps, Yoon Park's character will be the match to light the fire to change/mature her to not be a selfish and uncaring towards people. Perhaps he will help SA gain empathy. 

I realize at some point, it will be a love triangle between DJ and the Moon guy. But perhaps once she starts to change, perhaps she will fall in love with her husband or maybe she'll finally realize that her dream of marrying a rich guy without love is not a goal. I felt a bit sorry for DJ as he loves her but she doesn't. Yet, that's no excuse for starting/having an affair. 

Maybe I am just feeling introspective because of the news of Sulli's passing, but let's face it. CA is a victim of bullying at school AND at home. She had physical bruises from her treatment at school. But, she has emotional bruises from her bullying at home. From the first episode, I saw how her mother takes out her frustration with her husband on CA. Then, the dad just constantly looks down on her and dotes on the b*tchy older sister as if to emphasize to CA that she is a loser. Then, her sister lashes out at her at will. CA is in an abyss of constant bullying and her mother had the gall to wonder how she ended up bruised like that. Her father had the nerve to ask why she wanted to kill herself. I just...

I  am glad the writers gave us a time jump because we needed a break from all of the sadness and angst of the first few episodes. I really hope CA gets some sort of reprieve, but unfortunately she is going to suffer because of the choices her mother made to constantly cover up the suicide. I have a few predictions.

1 - SA is going to end up back home living like a regular person. If you want to "marry well" you have to play your position. She isn't being smart about all of this.  Yes, a lot of people have arranged marriages and love may not be present, but she should try harder than she is. I don't dislike DJ, but I feel like him marrying SA is an act of a spoiled rich kid. Him having to have whatever he wants and unfortunately with her, he met his match because she has not fallen for him yet.

2 - CA is going to be a huge help to JW, who seems to have shut down a bit since his brother's passing. His mother should be able to find some redeeming qualities in her because of that as well. I don't think any of them have quite moved on or healed from it, which may help CA in the long run. Surely, the cover up of the suicide is going to come up again and his mother is going to take it out on CA, however, none of that is going to change the fact that she played a role in his suicide. 

On 10/14/2019 at 12:21 AM, celebrianna said:

@triplem, I was actually surprised by DJ. He knew how mercenary SA was before he married her but it seemed that he was hoping that she would learn to love him. Under the circumstances, I like him more than her. He seems love starved but extremely patient with her. I think that’s what surprises me most about him. It’s painfully obvious that she only does her duty as his wife but she doesn’t love him and he admitted as much. I’m actually hoping that he will eventually divorce her and find someone who cares about him and not just his money. I also hope the writer doesn’t turn him into huge jerk. 

I’m hoping that CA finally passes her exam this year. ^_^ Fighting!

I thought DJ was stupid to marry SA.  SA didn't try to pretend that she loved him.  He knew that she was willing to marry any guy as long as he is wealthy.  She didn't even promise to try and fall in love with him.  Of course we know love doesn't work on command.  He didn't know her when he so-called "fell in love".  He fell in love with looks and that kind of love is just not the real thing - it is usually infatuation or lust.

To start an affair with his secretary is just so wrong.  She made the first  declaration of love even though she knows he is a married man so I feel little sympathy for her.  

I don't like SA but I dislike DJ even more.  To me, he is a rich spoilt child.  He saw something he wanted and would pay anything for it.  He can't get it so he has to get something else to scratch the itch. 
I don't care if DJ and SA divorce but I dont see DJ as more deserving of love or finding a better partner than SA is.  Just as he indulged his crazy abusive (to the whole world except him) mother, he is indulging SA's ambition to live high society life by marrying a rich man.  He seems to be an indulgent enabler. 

@triplem, thanks for the stills of today’s episodes. I believe CA’s friend will be visited by the police about the accident. I hope he’s not railroaded into taking the blame for the accident. I don’t trust what DJ’s mom is capable of doing with her money and influence. 

It also looks like the rest of the Moon family found out about the daughter. Poor dad. If only he knew the truth behind the accident. Of course I’m also looking for more development with out OTP. Things need to start now,

6 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

The Moon girl is not married. Didn’t her father say last week that he wants to set her up with someone in the police force with a good looking face because she likes handsome men? I think he even mentioned the guy looks like Hyun Bin.

I see. I still didn't watch. I watch on KBS world. Then this is her brother??

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I see. I still didn't watch. I watch on KBS world. Then this is her brother??

yes, i think, SA thinks it's her husband because he has not contradicted it, besides, I even wonder why, to protect her? I guess that will be a twist for SA, as their story will begin, but it went wrong, in the restaurant they ate, the server took a picture, don I guess already that everyone will think that SA cheats on her husband and that maybe he is in the hospital because of her, it is obvious that she will be brought to suffer and lose a lot before she can change and continue her future romance

Chung Ah’s scene with Moon father at the police station just warmed my heart. Even made my tears flow when the police officers seem to gush over her because of the way she helped the man who was attempting suicide on the bridge the day before. I liked that when they wanted to give her a righteous award along with money, she refused it and asked Moon father for positive energy instead to pass the written police exam. It made me laugh so much seeing them supposedly giving and receiving positive energy. :lol:

Witnessing all of this must have affected Joon Hwa because he went back into the police station to inquire about the detective who handled his brother’s suicide case. He also asked for the girl’s name but the police naturally refused his request.

Regarding SA, DJ’s mom had a flashback of her conversation with DJ with shed some light on something that happened before they married. It seems that DJ’s mother thinks that SA is the one who orchestrated the marriage because apparently photos of them in a hotel room was leaked to the press and she lost her job and her career was ruined overnight. However the mother seems to think it was SA who leaked the photos to the press but DJ said it didn’t matter to him if she did. The mother told him he’s out of his mind and he said he admit he thinks he’s totally blindsided by SA. She protested to him that SA only likes his money and he told her it didn’t matter to him which came first. He’s obviously thinking that even if SA loves him money, she will love him next. He said all that mattered to him is that he’s her first love and her last love...that he’s the one and only man in her life. He said she wants to be Cinderella and he wants to make her one. His mother told him that if he married her his heart will be wrecked and devastated.

The flashback reminded me of someone who commented that she thought that one of the main reasons why DJ’s mom didn’t like SA is because she knows SA doesn’t love her son while the son loved SA.

———————

Chung Ah is so adorable! I love the way she came to Baek Rim’s aid when the two cops seemed like they wanted to railroad him. She really asked the right questions and they seemed to back off for now because they realize that Baek Rim has a friend who knew her stuff about accident investigation. Chung Ah also realized that they were trying to blame Baek Rim for the accident.

So are all the Moon kids adopted? Or was the little brother just joking when he said perhaps the sister found her parents abroad?

I watched Saturday's episode. It's a good thing that the misunderstanding about "Captain Lightning" is finally resolved. Joon Hwi suddenly taking renewed interest in his brother's death. I hope there will be movements there but it's going to be slow, since this is a 100-episode drama.

The richard simmons mom is so right about SA and she deserves the treatment she's getting from her MIL right now. Of course, there's duplicity there because the richard simmons mom doesn't want to relinquish the company she believes she made successful back to her sister, the judge. It's the reason why she does not want the judge and JH to know that DJ is comatose.

The useless dad really is the pits. Imagine stealing your daughter's piggy bank! It's a piggy bank, so how much is it going to contain and he even had the temerity to berate his daughter regarding the money she's supposed to shower them later. Hello! She's still in school. She said she's going to give them money when's she's got a job later, not today. Hope the mom divorces him soon.

I believe the cases - the hit-and-run of Joon Gyeom, his suicide, the accident that entangled Baek Rim, DJ and Moon Ha-Rang, will be resolved once Cheong A becomes a police officer.

@triplem:lol: I just remembered Baek Rim’s reaction to seeing Joon Hwi. Too bad for him because Chung Ah really only sees him as a friend. 

I simply adore Chung Ah. I kind of hope she never goes back home to live because I love seeing her on her own where she can thrive and grow without interference from her parents and she can be herself. It’s nice to see she has good relationships with others. I do wonder how she and Joon Hwi will continue to interact now that the Captain Lightning misunderstanding is cleared up. However, I suppose DJ’s accident connects them through Baek Rim and DJ. 

I pity Tae Ryung too. Since it’s inevitable that he will end up with SA, I hope for his sake she undergoes a drastic change otherwise his life will be a living hell. Imagine trying to please a materialistic woman like that when his business hasn’t matured and stabilized as yet according to earlier conversations. If crazy MIL intends to involve him in their madness, I hope he can withstand it. 

16 minutes ago, triplem said:

But what annoyed me further is the preview . I think CA got proof or pictures to clear Baek Rim

but the stupid mother ask her to choose between saving the sister or her friend. So it’s like she wants CA not to reveal the truth about the accident. What is wrong with this mother ? Always telling CA to cover things up 

:rage: . Seriously SA is behaving like trash just see how she treats her mum 

THIS MOTHER IS THE WORST, but she take care about her daughter, i hope that CA doesn't give up, she's strong

@triplem, I saw the clips earlier on KBS drama YouTube channel and I knew today’s episode would definitely make my blood boil. 

First, let me deal with SA, I saw her going off on CA in the ladies room. What annoyed me about this situation is that CA’s friend is the victim. The people who caused the accident ended up in a coma and it’s still squarely their fault. Comparatively Baek Rim ended up with less injury but they’re making it seem like it’s his fault. What is wrong with these people? 

Secondly, CA’s terrible parents. Yes, I’m including mom now because how can she listen to the awful long rant of her husband against CA and only feebly object? It’s not like she doesn’t know that CA was bullied and almost committed suicide. What “sensible” and caring mother would continue to allow her husband to denigrate her child after knowing what her child has been through and especially after knowing that the child didn’t think she could rely on them but chose to resort to suicide. To me they act like something traumatic like that didn’t happen in the family. As to the dad, a man who willfully showcases his farts as something fun, who probably never worked a day in his life and tries to rob the piggy bank of his teenage daughter among other things is more than trash.

I’m hoping that somehow Joon Hwi intervenes to rectify the situation about Baek Rim. He has met Baek Rim and I think now that CA’s stupid mom is again trying to force her not to do the right thing, Joon Hwi might be the only one to save the situation. Although, to be honest, I would prefer that CA do the right thing but there’s a law in these family drama where family trumps morality. 

Archived