[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

41 minutes ago, triplem said:

shouldn't you be used to it ?  :lol: Since I think you watch dailys and weekenders too right...normally when will they get together or head that way? Mid drama? 

In the Soompi article that larus posted above KJY mentioned that as of now he and SIA are still filming the bickering scenes...heaven knows how long we will hv to wait ...;).   But I think I can survive if OTP has many scenes together.  Apparently the writer also commented that this would not have the usual weekend plots of birth secrets etc and pace would be fast....

I'm so used to it that I'm tired lol:mrgreen:. I always say this and that but at the end of the day, I tune in for it:sweat_smile:. Hopefully they have a lot of romance in here:D.

The writers always say that lol:lol:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seol In Ah And Jin Ho Eun Shyly Get To Know Each Other In “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life”

Sep 28, 2019
by J. Lim
7bff262b9eb44604b61d567d8a30c889.jpeg?s=

The upcoming KBS 2TV weekend drama “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life” has shared new stills of Seol In Ah and Jin Ho Eun ahead of the show’s premiere.

Seol In Ah will play the role of Kim Chung Ah, who is a student in her last year of high school who never loses her positive mindset but has a secret she has never told anyone. Jin Ho Eun takes on the role of Goo Jun Gyeom, who is a model student and top of the year, but has a shocking past he is hiding.

The new stills show them meeting, with small smiles on their faces as they exchange warm glances. They appear to be meeting for the first time as they exchange each other’s name tags and get to know each other. There is said to be a sad reason for the two getting to know each other, piquing the interest of viewers.

Seol-In-Ah-Jin-Ho-Eun-1.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1355532wpp/seol-in-ah-and-jin-ho-eun-shyly-get-to-know-each-other-in-beautiful-love-wonderful-life

On 9/27/2019 at 1:15 AM, marrez1 said:

YES, maybe it seems that the person who died is linked to the two main leads and will be a trouble in their love story. I suppose it's the rich male lead's brother( related surely)  and he is friend with the poor female lead, so he There will be an accident and it is the female lead who will be charged, in any case the mother of the dead character who seems to be judge wants to torture her, and her relationship with her father seems to have deteriorated following this accident.

Since there is 100 episodes, you have to prepare to be frustrated because the truth about the accident will probably be known in the penultimate episode of the drama. This is just a guess but I'm sure the picth will be similar

So I was pretty right the one who died is the brother of the male lead, the female lead will surely be accused, her relationship with the family will deteriorate. Now they miss the reasons, just I'd like to see how it's going to evolve between the two leads  will the male lead be aware of the female lead's identity in relation to what happened to his brother ?! I will try to trust the writers

Gah, I hope this won’t be a painful watch. The fact that the little bro went ahead and committed suicide while leaving Kim Cheong Ah behind increases the future prospect of the awful MIL trope. That aside, I wonder why little bro really killed himself. The reason he gave I assume was all hyperbole but perhaps it might have something to do with a friend committing suicide? I guess we will have to wait and see. 

I hope KCA’s parents find out why she was trying to commit suicide. I can’t imagine how she was able to hide those bruises from her family for two years. No wonder her little sister commented on how KCA always wore long sleeves. 

I wonder how male lead will react once he finds out, I assume 10 years later, that KCA and his little bro wanted to commit suicide together and she was in the location when he died. Hopefully KCA had put little bro’s farewell note in her jacket that she took off before she dove in the river. It’s proof that he decided to die alone.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Gah, I hope this won’t be a painful watch. The fact that the little bro went ahead and committed suicide while leaving Kim Cheong Ah behind increases the future prospect of the awful MIL trope. That aside, I wonder why little bro really killed himself. The reason he gave I assume was all hyperbole but perhaps it might have something to do with a friend committing suicide? I guess we will have to wait and see. 

I hope KCA’s parents find out why she was trying to commit suicide. I can’t imagine how she was able to hide those bruises from her family for two years. No wonder her little sister commented on how KCA always wore long sleeves. 

I wonder how male lead will react once he finds out, I assume 10 years later, that KCA and his little bro wanted to commit suicide together and she was in the location when he died. Hopefully KCA had put little bro’s farewell note in her jacket that she took off before she dove in the river. It’s proof that he decided to die alone.

Yes, I hope that this drama won't be too heavy on the melo/makjang. The 2 teasers i saw made it seem more like a romantic comedy/dramedy type of series. Then in just this first episode, we are hit with bullying/school violence and suicide.  As for the reason the younger brother wants to commit suicide, I think it has to do with his mother and what was in her office:

Spoiler

I think the little brother was the unliscensed driver that committed the hit and run accident that injured the old woman. The newpaper clipping was on the desk of the mother and she kept avoiding the main male lead's questions about it. Plus, after he went missing the mother checks the drawer where her car keys are kept, and she was too relieved when they were there. Then at the hotel, the younger brother told the female lead the reason he wanted to commit suicide was because he killed people and he gave 2 names. I think the younger brother must have taken and driven the mother's car without permission and then hit and injured 2 people and fled the scene both times. My guess is the guilt he felt towards the people hit, along with the guilt he felt towards his mother and the family (since she is a judge and the bro is studying to be a lawyer) caused him to want to commit suicide rather than face everything. 

I liked the first 2 episodes so far, but 100 episodes is a lot. Hopefully, it will stay interesting and not drag as the drama continues. 

Good News! This drama is liscensed by several streaming sites, so there will be subs! It will be available with subs at Kocowa, Viki, and VIU. Raw episodes are also available at OnDemandKorea. 

Kocowa: https://www.kocowa.com/series/beautiful-love-wonderful-life/2308935

Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36682c-beautiful-love-wonderful-life

VIU: https://www.viu.com

@Table122000, I think your theory is highly possible. It certainly explains why the mother seemed like she was in a daze while cooking the seaweed soup. I wasn’t sure if the newspaper clipping was from a long time ago but now the other pieces you put together makes it very likely the reason he committed suicide. The mother should understand why he did that then. However, does this mean that the reason they knew it was a teenager is because of witnesses or did somebody else take the fall for the little brother? In any case, I’m sorry KCA is mixed up in this. 

Lee Dong Gun Shows Support For Wife Jo Yoon Hee And Her New Drama “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life”

Sep 29, 2019
by J. Lim

Lee Dong Gun shared a sweet show of support for his wife Jo Yoon Hee on the set of her upcoming drama.

On September 29, Jo Yoon Hee took to her personal Instagram account to share photos with the caption, “Thank you.”

In the photo, Jo Yoon Hee can be seen standing in front of the coffee truck her husband sent. The banners read, “I support actress Jo Yoon Hee and ‘Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life,'” “Sending my love to you,” and “It’s our wedding anniversary. Please send her home

quickly.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355662wpp/lee-dong-gun-shows-support-for-wife-jo-yoon-hee-and-her-new-drama-beautiful-love-wonderful-life

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Ist eps was really good. I cried most of it...it was sad to see two young teenagers decide to make a suicide pact because she has been bullied for 2 years in high school ( and we're talking physical bruises) and he has committed some crime that I am guessing killed two others.  The last bit especially , was so hard because he took his life and didn't want her to do the same . And the anguish of Chung Ah's mother knowing that her daughter contemplated suicide, seeing someone else's son dead and needing to keep calm to protect her daughter by hiding the truth really got to me.

Seol In Ah was fantastic. There's this sweet warm quality that she brings to the role - her affection for her family , the way she fell in love in 3 seconds on the train , and the emotional scenes at the end - they could not have chosen a better actress.

I think this drama has a lot of potential -  I hope this isn't just your average weekender because the 1st episode already dealt with a very real and relevant issue of teenage suicide so prevalent in SK. I am hoping that there'll be proper healing and closure especially for Chung Ah and the boy's family. The romance for Chung Ah and Joon Hwi is gonna be tough - it isn't just going to be the usual interfering MIL ( chung ah's sis has that covered) . The truth that will be covered ( suicide becoming accident ) and subsequently being revealed will have great consequences on the development of their relationship.

Looking forward to eps 2

Yeah, i cried a lot too, it's too emotional.. And this episode told us about mother love...

I think, it's better for KCH to tell the truth to Joo Kyum's mother 'cause his mom made him did it too, indirectly

I think it’s better for KCA to tell the truth too. I know she’s close to graduating but can they really prosecute her like her mom said for being an accessory to suicide? I don’t know the laws in SK. In the preview it had seem like the truth came out anyway because the judge mom was attacking KCA in the police station.

While I don’t really know how that scene will play out at the police station, I find it such a difference in belief for the judge mom to blame someone else if indeed her son committed suicide because he killed the 80 year old woman. As a mother I would tend to blame myself instead of someone else because the secret was destroying my child and I helped to cover it up. Furthermore, she’s supposed to be an upstanding judge and if she really covered up the accident, I can’t see how she expected to continue living normally if she really believes in justice. Of course the secret would probably destroy her life and her son’s life in a place like SK but I believe covering it up would make her live in fear especially if the police would continue to investigate even if it becomes a cold case. 

@triplem, you’re absolutely right that both moms are covering for their child. When Chung Ah’s mom started to cover it up at the pension room and the riverside, I was literally saying “Nooooo”. It’s a very very bad idea. 

I can’t wait for the scene you mentioned about Chung Ah’s mom finding out about the abuse. To think that Chung Ah suffered this for two years all by herself is very upsetting. I do wonder why she never told her parents. Perhaps she thought she would be making trouble for them. It’s just so sad. One thing about bullying I can never understand is the parents of bullies. If my child ever did that he/she would be in big trouble. They would be properly disciplined because it was how I was raised and I completely believe in it.

@triplem, thanks again for those videos. All of them were emotionally stirring. A sad thought that occurred to me is that it would be hard to watch Chung Ah bullied again if the plot becomes similar to other weekend drama plots where the heroine is bullied and helpless (because of respect for elders) if she does in fact manage to marry our male lead. I’m hoping this trope will not happen. If anything it would be nice that if our OTP marries only after everyone are at peace with each other. 

I liked Seol In A in Sunny Again Tomorrow, so I'm going to follow this to see how she develops as an actor. She looks a lot better already. Anyways I suspect JH's mom will find out the truth and she'll decide to help cover it up since she wouldn't want her son officially dying from suicide.

Chung Ah’s mom is really making a mess of everything. While telling the truth will lead to unwanted circumstances, the lies are just piling up and making everything more complicated. I’m not surprised that JK’s mom and the police might begin to suspect murder or foul play. It’s just ridiculous that Chung Ah’s mom is forcing her to break the law if there’s a law in SK against giving false witness and misleading the police.

I have a serious problem with JK’s mom physically assaulting and attacking Chung Ah. No matter her grief, it makes my blood boil that she took the girl’s food and throw it in her face and in another scene starts to shake her violently. That aside, I understand her need for the truth. Her son died and she wants to know the real reason. 

The other sister’s story was a welcomed break from all the darkness although she seems quite mercenary to me. Well, we know she’s going to get married to the rich guy but I wonder if she’ll learn a lesson or two over the years. She seems quite superficial right now unlike the rest of her family members but we haven’t seen her interact as much yet with her mom so maybe there’s more to her. She is a confident woman though who is obviously living above her financial means.

“Melting Me Softly” And “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” Enjoy Rise In Viewership Ratings

Sep 30, 2019
by S. Nam

For its September 29 broadcast, “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” recorded 20.2 percent and 24.1 percent in nationwide viewership ratings for its two parts, which is a 4.5 percent increase compared to the drama’s previous episode. The new drama, replacing KBS’s hit “Mother of Mine,” was the No. 1 drama on Sunday in terms of ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355812wpp/melting-me-softly-and-beautiful-love-wonderful-life-enjoy-rise-in-viewership-ratings

Finished Ep. 2 (or Ep. 3-4)

This episode was just so sad and Cheung Ah 's mother is just making things worse with all her advice, plus the fact that she hid JK phone in her fridge.  I still don't really understand why they just can't tell the truth about what happened? But I don't know the laws in South Korea, however I don't see Cheung Ah as guilty of criminal acts. To me Cheung Ah is not guilty of assisted suicide-JK went into the water all on his own. CH did not help him at all, in fact she took him out of the water and performed CPR to try and save his life. I don't think he actually took any sleeping pills either before he left the hotel room, so she wouldn't be accused of giving him an overdose. Of course, we need an autopsy to be certain of what happened. Now JK mother is suspecting murder, which is worse for Cheung Ah.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Chung Ah’s mom is really making a mess of everything. While telling the truth will lead to unwanted circumstances, the lies are just piling up and making everything more complicated. I’m not surprised that JK’s mom and the police might begin to suspect murder or foul play. It’s just ridiculous that Chung Ah’s mom is forcing her to break the law if there’s a law in SK against giving false witness and misleading the police.

Yes. I agree with you.  Much better to just tell the truth and deal with the fallout. Since JK and Cheung Ah are minors, I think their names/ photos would not be allowed under the law to be released to the press so CA mother's fear of publicity I think it could be minimized. And yeah, I mean the family could be charged with all kinds of things since the mother is withholding evidence as she has the cell phones in the refrigerator, and Cheung Ah stole evidence when she took the suicide note. 

I think the truth may come out  soon since the mother of JK already suspects suicide.  And I don't think there will be any court trial or jail time for anyone because we know Cheung Ah's older sister will be marrying JK mother's nephew soon and I can't see any wedding happening between those 2 if the bride's sister is the accused killer of the groom's cousin, along with mother of the bride/future mother in law guilty of lying/coverup.  I mean, Do Jin's mother already hates Seol Ah just for being poor. So I can't imagine she would be OK with her son marrying into the family that killed her nephew. 

I'm having a little trouble handling the big tonal shifts in the drama between the angst and sorrow of Cheungh Ah storyline and the comedy of Seol Ah's storyline. It's very jarring for me when they switch back and forth.  From the trailers, I was really expecting a lighter tone throughout.   Right now, Seol Ah is an unrepentant self proclaimed gold-digger doing everything she can to marry a rich man. Still, I feel that she wouldn't agree to marry a man she didn't like, even a rich one. I'm not sure it will be love between Do Jin and Seol Ah, but I do think there will be attraction. I'm sure after a few years with a mother-in-law like Do Jin's mom, Seol Ah will be rethinking her ideas that money solves all problems and brings happiness. 

I'm a bit confused about Seol Ah's storyline-is she supposed to be divorced when she meets Yoon Park's character? Or is her storyline going to be about infidelity? Temptation?

The first encounter between CA and JH was unusual and fun.

She was completely honest, and it was touching to give him that doll.

Still, he is somehow her first love.

But, I liked it when JH, when left alone, looked for a moment at the empty

seat across from him.

Even, if he forgets that encounter, that book and the doll will remind him of that.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

So now I am wondering how they will make the romance btwn the OTP possible. I agree @rocher22 that it was a very unique and sweet first meeting. If only it was not overshadowed by the brother's death.... I still want them to have a chance at love because I like the chemistry between the actors and won't want it to go to waste.( in fact she had chemistry with the brother, JK  as well ) Plus i cannot take KJY having so many heartbreaking tragic love lines ( 100 Days Husband, Secret Boutique) :sweatingbullets::lol:

I think their love will overcome  all the challenges.

Maybe it will have some meaning for JH that JK at least wasnt alone that day.

Still this is a family drama.

I agree about ''100 days husband''.

But for ''Secret boutique'', it may be a beautiful and happy love between SW and HJ. :D

1 hour ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Hello everyone, my name is Jamie!  Do we have any drama nerds here, I need you help with something!  Currently I am in the middle of preparing for my thesis paper!  Sounds fun, right!  If you watch dramas enough, can you give me names of the drama where, either the main or second lead who initiate love to men.  I don't care what period, any would help!  I have two already, I just need one more!  If you know any dramas that has woman is the one that pursuits love, meaning woman is the one who falls in love with the man!  Thank you for your help!  Also, please share this with your friends as well! 

Hi, Jamie! Good luck to your thesis. I will send you a personal message. I hope I could help you.

Archived