[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

22 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters  luckily there wasn't anything different about JTE's commenting on JY's relationship with MSA . i think most were accurately translated, but i did notice minor errors here and there especially when the pronunciation of a word sounds similar to something else. This was probably what happened in the CCTV scene.  i think it's just that sometimes there are certain nuances that cannot be translated. You wouldn't miss the story line but some trivial stuff might get missed like the cctv scene.

Another Eg. this scene was in fact translated correctly but in Korean,  they weren't counting (one,two,three etc). middle screen caption was completely off but i don't really think there's anyway to explain it in English so that was really the closest . i felt It took the joke away from non Korean speaking audiences though.

Can you please explain this again? I must have missed the joke when I'm backtraking.

:joy:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

@Heilothey wore clothes in arthdal chronicles, so that would likely be a prelude of the prelude arthdal chronicles. :joy:

Now that I think of it properly it would have to be called the prelude to the origins of Arthdal Chronicles 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, gwin said:

It was an open ending.   They just showed us with that small glimpse that they stayed together until they grew old, but they didn't really tell us  what they eventually did all those years.  I'd like to think that in my head, they eventually found a way to stay together in one of the worlds.

JY remembered because LG saved him, and I guess because the yoyo kid chose not to break that string.

The ending was the most appropriate one they could have given us considering the theme of this show.   There really isn't a way for either of them to make a sacrifice to move to another world, considering where they were at that point in their respective lives.  

How is this open ending? They got old together if that is not closure ending then i don't know what closure ending is

• Like 6

Guys, I need help! I’ve been wanting thIs particular bgm for the longest time and the instrumental OST has finally been released. It’s now available on Apple Music, or listen on Spotify for free.

The bgm in Ep1 starts from 11:17 where the Saviour comes in to rescue the young LG. I’ve been listening to the entire OST for the last 6.5 hours(I bought mine at 12noon) and I DON’T HEAR IT ANYWHERE:(

I would appreciate anybody with a pair of fresh ears with access to the OST if they could identify  that piece or if it’s indeed omitted. 

Kamsahamnida! :wub:

• Like 4

Good morning.. 

So I slept last night without writing my long thoughts on the last episode but before I do I would like to mention that I enjoyed this series and it came in the right time for me to watch it. 

I will begin on Tuesday to rewatch 2 episodes per day hope you all join me 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Hikki said:

Guys, I need help! I’ve been wanting thIs particular bgm for the longest time and the instrumental OST has finally been released. It’s now available on Apple Music, or listen on Spotify for free.

The bgm in Ep1 starts from 11:17 where the Saviour comes in to rescue the young LG. I’ve been listening to the entire OST for the last 6.5 hours(I bought mine at 12noon) and I DON’T HEAR IT ANYWHERE:(

I would appreciate anybody with a pair of fresh ears with access to the OST if they could identify  that piece or if it’s indeed omitted. 

Kamsahamnida! :wub:

I am not 100% certain if it is the right OST but check out Orbit. I think it played alot in the first 2 episodes 

• Like 3

It was my first experience of watching any Korean airing drama and it was also first time that I joined any forum thanks a lot guys you made my experience a happy one I will remember how we felt bad for ratings at the beginning but now we don't even care and we are so happy with the achievements TKEM made I will remember your memes too I really enjoyed your thoughts,theories,positivity a lot I am happy that I meet a lot of good people here who belongs to different fandoms but don't let down or insult each other or each others likes and dislikes.

I enjoyed this drama but I am not satisfied with the ending but anyway it is still a good drama for me (my most favorite drama's are still faith and LOTBS :D)I hope we will meet again here on award ceremonies and on next Lee min ho's dramas I wish best of luck to whole cast and crew to get the best fruit for their hard work and wish all of you a long, happy,healthy and successful life 

Good bye for now but I will keep coming on this forum :)

• Like 7
  • Love 4

10 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

How is this open ending? They got old together if that is not closure ending then i don't know what closure ending is

I agree this was close ending as we can get considering the story. I think if they ended with LG finding JTE and JTE giving sweet smile to him and camera zoomed out as the final scene then it would be open ending LOL . so here OTP is basically time travelling weekend couple and after they grew old they could stay at one place( When JTE is finally retired)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

I agree this was close ending as we can get considering the story. I think if they ended with LG finding JTE and JTE giving sweet smile to him and camera zoomed out as the final scene then it would be open ending LOL . so here OTP is basically time travelling weekend couple and after they grew old they could stay at one place( When JTE is finally retired)

But why do we assume that they are weekend couple and where do we get that informations from unless it was taken from KES desk i will accept it:joy:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

But why do we assume that they are weekend couple and where do we get that informations from unless it was taken from KES desk i will accept it:joy:

Huh? Because that's what I understood and got the info from watching the episode. 

1. JTE aying bye to LG after the weekend is over

2. JTE  going to that bamboo forest when weekend arrives

3. Intern asking her what she does in the weekends (because chief was curious)

4. Every time travel they going back to various timelines/ universe so that they are not caught by their doppleganglers. If they were supposed to stay together on all days then it would be difficult for them to hide LOL

Also neither LG can leave KOC nor JTE will leave her father and she was shown as still working as the detective so if not weekends then when will they spend time together? Lol and yes they can definitely spend holidays together. 

That's why I said they most probably stayed together all days of the year post retirement or may be after JTE father's demise

Edited by Umjicheok
Typos
  • Like 3

Woow! Just watched the finale this morning to avoid any spoilers I stayed away from this thread for atleast one day. 

This is my take on the last episode. 

- I loved the ending almost perfection and I also love the scenes they had together that was swoon-worthy including the additional romantic time-travel that took place was great. 

- I loved the fact that ES and JY both got happy ending with Nari and MS

- Ji-Hun is alive and his mom is also alive and they got good ending including SJ and his counterpart both got good endings. 

- Luna got a good ending also but the PM didn't get good ending 

- Lee Lim is no more thank goodness and the same thing happened to the cousin who perished in the hands of JY

- But all in all I loved the episode and the ending to this series was absolutely fantastic 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Huh? Because that's what I understood and got the info from watching the episode. 

1. JTE aying bye to LG after the weekend is over

2. JTE  going to that bamboo forest when weekend arrives

3. Intern asking her what she does in the weekends (because chief was curious)

4. Every time travel they going back to various timelines/ universe so that they are not caught by their doppleganglers. If they were supposed to stay together on all days then it would be difficult for them to hide LOL

Also neither LG can leave KOC nor JTE will leave her father and she was shown as still working as the detective so if not weekends then when will they spend time together? Lol and yes they can definitely spend holidays together. 

That's why I said they most probably stayed together all days of the year post retirement or may be after JTE father's demise

Just because they meet on weekends in that specific time doesn't mean everything will be weekend until we fast foward 80+ years it just doesn't add up. If i told you two people grew old together will the assumption be weekend 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Heilo said:

I was on the edge of my seat when this scene came on. I was thinking wait what are we going all the way here

Me, it was the whole episode...

My seat was on the edge of myself.

:grimace:

(sorry, I can't resist to say this kind of stupidity, but it relate well my disapointment)

• Like 1

Random stuff: I just discovered that the BGMs have been uploaded on spotify (lol so late) and now I'm reliving all these scenes huhu

But I must say 'The Day' breaks me everytime. Lordte those scenes from episode 15 turned me into an emotional wreck.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Random stuff: I just discovered that the BGMs have been uploaded on spotify (lol so late) and now I'm reliving all these scenes huhu

But I must say 'The Day' breaks me everytime. Lordte those scenes from episode 15 turned me into an emotional wreck.

For me the entire episode send me into an emotional rollarcoaster and I was fearful of sad ending.

Is it also on ITUNES?

• Like 5