[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

It will take me sometime to write a proper recap to my final thoughts on the show, so for now I will just pop in with the random thoughts in my head.

I apologize for making a big deal about Chief Park and the constant references to his storyline.  I can't find my posts anymore but somewhere pages ago I complained about how much screentime was given to him and how we don't get a resolution about it.

So now we did, and I feel it's my fault. LOL.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Just finished watching the episode...

Hmm... i havent read others comment.. i want to put my thoughts here first...

1. How could they even cross the world every weekend??? Until they grew old?? I mean shouldnt someone make some sacrifice?... of coz we want JTE become queen and they dont have to cross the world like that :mellow:

2. Why did JY remember but not Lady Noh?

3. Nice plot twist on Luna being Koo adopted daughter...

4. SinJae became hot shot businessman, everyone rejoice right?

5. Yeong... well, he has his lovebird now too.. haha...

Im not sure im happy with such ending.. its like the writer didnt want to give a happy ending but forced to, hence we have somewhat a happy but unsatisfactory ending... hmm...  sigh

Gonna read the comments, backreading now.. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, gwin said:

It will take me sometime to write a proper recap to my final thoughts on the show, so for now I will just pop in with the random thoughts in my head.

I apologize for making a big deal about Chief Park and the constant references to his storyline.  I can't find my posts anymore but somewhere pages ago I complained about how much screentime was given to him and how we don't get a resolution about it.

don't apologize, i did not even realize there was a story line for chief park. I don't even know who the lady was wtih him in ep 16! i must have subconsciously filtered out all his scenes :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Even from the beginning you said 5 mins action that was wrong and you mentioned several points the only thing you got correct is happy ending and that answer is like 50-50 and equal to tossing a coin

Waaaaah, first post was heavy parody, I never writed it so it will become truth!

But I was surprised that some points where true.

Action end at some point, mmmh, 10-12 minute maybe.

It's quite sluggish, you get boring scenes with Shin-Jay and his mother.

You get new stuff without explanation. And you don't get answers about many stuff.

I didn't predicted return of useless characters (old prince) or so many plot-holes, and I feel sorry because I could, as episode 14 and 15 already reached the limits about logical flaws.

1 minute ago, SCSfanz said:

don't apologize, i did not even realize there was a story line for chief park. I don't even know who the lady was wtih him in ep 16! i must have subconsciously filtered out all his scenes :joy:

I also ended up accidently filtering out some scenes from mind. Especially these scenes where SJ was visiting that psychologists I thought these scenes were unnecessary and don't remember much of it 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, gwin said:

I was also wrong about few characters but it happens sometimes. 

Aside from that I wanna see a drama headlined by Jangmi-actor I just love that character and for me probably biggest breakout star. I mean like who doesn't love Jangmi

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the end. This has been a community where we share our theories, opinions, and expertise. You have made this into a friendly space where we could share our interest for the drama. Your determination to read all pages of this LTE-fast thread is admirable. :)

In the midst of the challenges in the real world, the story of the parallel worlds, though mind-boggling, has become our escape. It has challenged us to expand our views and understanding, which made us appreciate more the hard work of the entire team of "The King." Lastly, thank you so much for your time. The greatest gift you can give somebody something is your time.

Do stick around, to ease our withdrawal syndrome. I believe there are viewers who would opt to binge-watch the drama after all episodes have been released. Who knows, they might come across this thread. It was great seeing you all here! :heart: 

Aww the fact that you tagged almost everyone is so sweet:wub:

Thanks everyone. I am happy that I could read and share our thoughts here in this lockdown * big hug to all* :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Waaaaah, first post was heavy parody, I never writed it so it will become truth!

But I was surprised that some points where true.

Action end at some point, mmmh, 10-12 minute maybe.

This was never about flaws just whether you predicted right or not. You said you predicted but that was the opposite atleast for what I seen. You have around 10.000s theories spread out in this thread not many got things right some may have here an there but that was far and between and very rare which means almost everything was not predicted correctly and common knowledge in here

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Time loop said:

This was never about flaws just whether you predicted right or not. You said you predicted but that was the opposite atleast for what I seen. You have around 10.000s theories spread out in this thread not many got things right some may have here an there but that was far and between and very rare which means almost everything was not predicted correctly and common knowledge in here

I give up, I'm so tired about this drama. :confounded:

• LOL 5

25 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

She probably got Luna to steal LR while she went to get the manpasikjeok from SJ. In a way, she leaves SJ with no choice but to hand the flute over because she would never handover LR otherwise and LG would not have been able to save the world.

I don't think that original Luna grew up without memories, if anything she simply grew up abandoned without parents thus having nothing to remember of them. While it was Luna's fate to be abandoned by her parents, it wasn't her fate was to remain a street kid and criminal eventually dying young of cancer. In a world without LR, some choices made by people are different and in this reset world the PM's mom decide to adopt her. ROK's LR was born with polio, but original Luna only got cancer in adulthood. Her new fate might mean her illness was never occurred or was delayed since she got a chance at living a proper life. She also now have the resources to seek treatment unlike the original Luna. In the reset world LJH didn't die early and was raised well, and the same goes for LG. I think people in parallel worlds don't necessarily have to end up differently for balance.

@violet.ears She originally did though. Hence why she took the name "Luna" because she didnt even know her own name. Her fate of getting cancer still didnt change before or after the reset. Yes as I had stated earlier, yo-yo kid granted her some kindness and delayed her fate of getting cancer and dying from it, but it just brought her some time it does not mean that eventually she will die from a terminal illness early in her life. Eventually, she will have to face the terminal illness. It is balance that JTE got a long life (1) while Luna would have a shorter life (0). Its either you're a 0 or a 1 in one world and a 1 or 0 in a parallel world. Like ES and JY's personality where you could assign JY personality as a 0 and ES personality as a 1. Or how LR and his ROK twin turned out, LR 1 for having a rich and healthy life while his twin got a 0 for having a poor and unhealthy life. Difference between LG and LJH is one had a wealthy life growing up (1) and the other didnt (0). Its like with quantum mechanics when describing a spin of two particles that are linked in two different places you're either spin up (1) or spin down (0).

------------------------------------------------

33 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters "i am lee gon's royal guard dog and yet i lost ladder to these son of the B." when he said "lee gon's royal guard dog"  TE only caught 3 words from that phrase so she thought he said "lee gon you dog (which translates to lee gon you son of a B)" i suspect netflix uses some auto translator, it was all weird in your screen cap lol

i edited it cos the forum censored my post! LOL!!

@SCSfanz HAHAHAH MY GOD....now it makes me think there were so many things that were not properly translated in this show leading to false interpretations kinda like what happened to JTE kinda ironic hahahah !!! Does the part of JTE commenting on JY's relationship with MSA change any besides saying its a triller romance story? lol

THANK YOU A BILLION TRILLION TIMES AGAIN!!! :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

@1ouise @2handsintertwined @4evrkdrama @acyellowsc @AgentQuake @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @Amy323 @andy78 @an-naum @AquariusMY @bebebisous33 @blobbityblobbityblob @briseis @CallieP @CarolynH @CatWhiskers @Chellsee @ChunSungIm @csmiller1954 @deabakdrama @Deepakmahajan @Dramanoona @Edgar Pordwed @Elnin Joery @Emmy Nur'aenny @extrodinairey @Flloy House @Geolyvseven @goldenashes97 @Goong_admirer @gtLmh0622 @Guine @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @gwin @Heilo @Heretorant @htk9207 @imels @Jad068 @Jaja @jangmi92_ @JC's Lingxi @Jemrie @jeonghyang @JMarei @Joanna Alfson @kaqueski @kboramint @Kdramatic @Killa92 @Kim Rama @Klaus @koreaboooo @krish indu @ktcjdrama @Layali @Learry @leeminhosny @LeftCoastOppa @lindas55 @LRM11219311 @lyrically aesthetic @madmad min @magiclily @mamabear @mingomingo @mrsj3n @ms_inquiry @msdot @mychoiyoung @Nikaa94 @nikki7 @nrbrown @Orientalfan @Phoenix88 @Poppy517 @realistic2280 @rocher22 @scrawford @SCSfanz @Spring Lady @superspace @SweetButters @Thong Thin @Time loop @Umjicheok @vangsweetie637 @Wanderer062287 @wenchanteur @Wis dom @x2020 @Yasaman Asghari @Yippeun_eonnie @YongZura⁷ @yuiy78

@Anagha @Ari10 @ATW @balletgoddess @binniejinniecultivator @Bukk66 @Cara @ChristineH @cynkdf @Euphoria81 @GreenTeandSASHIMI @hiii @Hikki @inBinJinitrust @jees1 @Jeess _yy @Joje @JoyceGEHisashiMitsui @Karina Yuventia @Katrina Abdul Talib@krish indu @lusciousgy @margerytka @Melissa Hadiwinoto @mouse007 @Nodame @NoonaCaana @Sejabin @seojiseoji @shershik @stn5 @suga02pearl @tulip06 @Ummi Hany @winnieho

(Apologies if I missed your names here. I tried my best to list all of those who posted in the last week.) 

Thanks alot @syntyche you managed to tag everyone that is alot of work but I appreciate that 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @syntyche for all your reviews, updates and mathematical help. Loved your reviews especially that cleared a lot of confusion.

It was fun to read everyone's theories, opinions, jokes, rants, squeals, Q and As, gifs and screencaps! I didn't participate a lot but I think I went through the whole thread since I joined. 

The drama received mixed reception even before it started but this was one positive place throughout so it was really fun to hangout here! Hope to see you all in future drama threads of the cast.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1