[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

photo1175578.jpg

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the end. This has been a community where we share our theories, opinions, and expertise. You have made this into a friendly space where we could share our interest for the drama. Your determination to read all pages of this LTE-fast thread is admirable. :)

In the midst of the challenges in the real world, the story of the parallel worlds, though mind-boggling, has become our escape. It has challenged us to expand our views and understanding, which made us appreciate more the hard work of the entire team of "The King." Lastly, thank you so much for your time. The greatest gift you can give somebody something is your time.

Do stick around, to ease our withdrawal syndrome. I believe there are viewers who would opt to binge-watch the drama after all episodes have been released. Who knows, they might come across this thread. It was great seeing you all here! :heart: 

@1ouise @2handsintertwined @4evrkdrama @acyellowsc @AgentQuake @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @Amy323 @andy78 @an-naum @AquariusMY @bebebisous33 @blobbityblobbityblob @briseis @CallieP @CarolynH @CatWhiskers @Chellsee @ChunSungIm @csmiller1954 @deabakdrama @Deepakmahajan @Dramanoona @Edgar Pordwed @Elnin Joery @Emmy Nur'aenny @extrodinairey @Flloy House @Geolyvseven @goldenashes97 @Goong_admirer @gtLmh0622 @Guine @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @gwin @Heilo @Heretorant @htk9207 @imels @Jad068 @Jaja @jangmi92_ @JC's Lingxi @Jemrie @jeonghyang @JMarei @Joanna Alfson @kaqueski @kboramint @Kdramatic @Killa92 @Kim Rama @Klaus @koreaboooo @krish indu @ktcjdrama @Layali @Learry @leeminhosny @LeftCoastOppa @lindas55 @LRM11219311 @lyrically aesthetic @madmad min @magiclily @mamabear @mingomingo @mrsj3n @ms_inquiry @msdot @mychoiyoung @Nikaa94 @nikki7 @nrbrown @Orientalfan @Phoenix88 @Poppy517 @realistic2280 @rocher22 @scrawford @SCSfanz @Spring Lady @superspace @SweetButters @Thong Thin @Time loop @Umjicheok @vangsweetie637 @Wanderer062287 @wenchanteur @Wis dom @x2020 @Yasaman Asghari @Yippeun_eonnie @YongZura⁷ @yuiy78

@Anagha @Ari10 @ATW @balletgoddess @binniejinniecultivator @Bukk66 @Cara @ChristineH @cynkdf @Euphoria81 @GreenTeandSASHIMI @hiii @Hikki @inBinJinitrust @jees1 @Jeess _yy @Joje @JoyceGEHisashiMitsui @Karina Yuventia @Katrina Abdul Talib@krish indu @lusciousgy @margerytka @Melissa Hadiwinoto @mouse007 @Nodame @NoonaCaana @Sejabin @seojiseoji @shershik @stn5 @suga02pearl @tulip06 @Ummi Hany @winnieho

(Apologies if I missed your names here. I tried my best to list all of those who posted in the last week.) 

@syntyche thanks for all your wonderful posts and contributions :heart:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

But overall, it's still good. How should I put it. We're just get the most exciting part but they end it there like a long lasting cliffhanger. It's ended where it feels like there some more to tell.

Now that you put it this way I want season 2! :bawling:

4 hours ago, gwin said:

I apologize for making a big deal about Chief Park and the constant references to his storyline.  I can't find my posts anymore but somewhere pages ago I complained about how much screentime was given to him and how we don't get a resolution about it.

But @gwin were you able to understand Chief Park's story? Who were those characters he was protecting? And how does it all tie to the story? I mean yes his arc was resolved and I was so relieved during that scene (haha) but I don't really get the story up until now I need help :joy: 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Flloy House said:

Is it also on ITUNES?

Oh I'm not sure about iTunes but I believe @Hikki said it's available in Apple Music :) Are they even different? LOL I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT APPLE STUFF :joy:

• Like 2

Prince Bu-yeong's family explained:

Prince Bu-yeong's son is Lee Seung-heon.

Seung-heon's daughter is Se-jin.

Bu-yeong also has a daughter and a grandson.

The royals are first shown at Lee Gon's inauguration in 1994.

Then we see Bu-yeong's family photo.

We see the family again at Bu-yeong's funeral.

Things become muddled when Seung-heon is switched for a younger actor for the night of treason.

94dea6b4b4437f81231f1810bcfa31651ecadcf2

Se-jin, Seung-heon, Bu-yeong in 1994

0a58d7f1a082ac7ae3e84090eebe2cc227df4afd

son-in-law, grandson, daughter, Bu-yeong, Se-jin, daughter-in-law, Seung-heon

b1bc00fa81ee1101fc21a608c624cc6ff1607567

daughter-in-law, grandson, Se-jin, daughter, Seung-heon, son-in-law

Spoiler

75c10637097ce18344aaba5ab2448c2bfa3e1428

Seung-heon in 1994 on the night of treason

(Se-jin was already shown to be about 6 years old)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:

Can you please explain this again? I must have missed the joke when I'm backtraking.

:joy:

@Goong_admirer we were talking about the scene where LG and TE were spying at JY over the cctv. Netflix translated JY's dialogue in error. He was actually pissed that he lost a game of ladder and wasn't cussing the king. 

• LOL 6

39 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

we were talking about the scene where LG and TE were spying at JY over the cctv. Netflix translated JY's dialogue in error. He was actually pissed that he lost a game of ladder and wasn't cussing the king

It wasn't a translation error.  It was TE's lip-reading, either her error or intentional teasing of LG.

09ad2623b75b7743077a4df8b33fcc394ed463b6

Spoiler

6a35648ab79bac8c4a0ce334e8fa3622651e9c77

f2ed0ae199e15d070805b440cf3167d15aeb9ddb

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

7 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

It wasn't a translation error.  It was TE's lip-reading, either her error or intentional teasing of LG.

Someone posted a screengrab where the translation read something else

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Looks like this is not on the OST.

Why are all the instrumentals so dramatic and sad in the OST????

The first one is NOT on the OST.

The second one is on the OST.  The title is "The Fantasia of Another Dimension"

Here's another one which is not on the OST (it's played in the background in the preview after Episode 10, when JTE was all bloodied and looking for LG):

And this is the one I was waiting for all this time, only to find out it's not on the OST (only the non-piano version is included):

• Like 5
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Hehe. JY was indeed complaining about the guards losing the ladder game. JTE doesn't know how to lipread, she was deliberately teasing LG by taking the chance to cuss him out. :D Woof woof.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, gwin said:

Am I the only one disappointed that the OST they released did not include a lot of the BGM on the show?  The BGM playing in that beheading scene is not even there!  Argh!

The info that I found for the OST Pre-Order.  So not all of them are there?

<The King: Eternal Monarch> OST tracklist

[CD1]

Part 1. Zion.T - I Just Want To Stay With You

Part 2. Hwa Sa - Orbit

Part 3. NELL - Gravity

Part 4. YONGZOO - Maze

Part 5. Ha Sung Woon - I Fall In Love

Part 6. DAVICHI - Please Don't Cry

Part 7. SWJA (SunWooJungA) -You Can't Stop It From Bloomming

Part 8. Paul Kim - Dream

Part 9. GAEKO, Kim Na Young - Heart Break

Part 10. ZICO, WENDY - My Day Is Full Of You

Part 11. Gummy - My Love

Part 12. Hwang Chi Yeol - Night all sleeped

Part 13. Lim Han-byul, Kim Jae-hwan - You are my first and last

[CD 2]

01. GaeMi, Park Jung Hwan - Title of The King
02. Park Yoon Seo - The Fantasia of Another Dimension
03. Park Jung Hwan - The Fantasia of Another Dimension
04. Lee Sung Goo - Empire
05. You Min Ho - Another World
06. Park Yoon Seo - The King Slayer
07. Park Mi Sun - Imperial
08. Lee Sung Goo - Empire Theme
09. Park Mi Sun - Prime Minister
10. GaeMi, Park Jung Hwan - King's Story
11. Park Jung Hwan - Into The Fantasy
12. Park Yoon Seo - Not Dead
13. GaeMi, Park Jung Hwan- My Love and…
14. Lee Sung Goo - Progress
15. GaeMi, Lee Gun Young - The Day
16. Park Jung Hwan - Where Has She Been?
17. Lee Gun Young - Hydrangea
18. Park Jung Hwan - Fury
19. Park Yoon Seo - Hold On
20. Lee Sung Goo – Luna
21. Park Mi Sun - Parallel World
22. GaeMi, Park Jung Hwan - The War Is Over

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

8 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

The info that I found for the OST Pre-Order.  So not all of them are there?

All the tracks are released, what we are disappointed about is that certain cues in the series were not included in the OST.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Phew :sweat_smile: at last I managed to reach the last post as of now at page 919. 

@syntyche thank you for tagging me together with all the others. Appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thanks also to @vangsweetie637 who still remembers me from other threads a long time ago. 

I had a blast reading this thread and also really enjoyed this drama. LMH‘s visuals and acting was really mesmerising, and KGE was really spectacular. Both leads had crackling chemistry and made me believe in their characters love story. And their hugs. My gosh their hugs are just so... so... so... I have no words to describe them.  :love:

I will still be visiting this thread despite the drama has ended. I’m sure there’s still lots of posts to read after I’ve posted. So yeah. 

That’s all I wanted to say. :tounge_wink:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1