[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

22 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Do we think she’s dead on the floor in 1994 or 2020?  The clothing is surprisingly ambiguous this time, whereas in LG’s first time travel scene, it was very 90s and there was a filter over the scene.  

Some do believe she is dead but that has to be a minority

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Do we think she’s dead on the floor in 1994 or 2020?  The clothing is surprisingly ambiguous this time, whereas in LG’s first time travel scene, it was very 90s and there was a filter over the scene.  

She's not dead, and that's in 2020.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, gwin said:

She's not dead, and that's in 2020.

I don't think she is dead either for that would be redundant especially if her younger self died that would mean 

even her older self would disappear and she is no more.

But I could see some fatalities happening to their older self but hope not 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Geolyvseven said:

This is a theory and I for one don't believe a meter in it and it's to sad theory so be advised before reading.

Oh no is that @AgentQuake again writting a new theory now on Instagram this time coming up with the possible saddest ending hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

So something will happen to JTE close to the gates (theory)

Two possibilities and what the consequences might be:

1. LL manages to escape away from her and into the in-between. How does he manage to pull that off? JTE is a competent cop with serious self-defense know-how and experience with criminals. Could it be that she is a few seconds late into the gate and time stops? In that case though, wouldn't it be smarter of LL to either grab or kill her? He could still try to exchange her for the flute. Actually though it does makes sense that he doesn't try to grab her. He has to hurry so that he can make sure that he can time travel. He knows that LG will try to get back to the night of treason. LL will probably try to time travel to a time which would allow him to save himself and win. According to the time travel logic laid out by FluteKid when the flute is whole it will take them back to the moment at which they can save themselves. Thus far there is no reason to conclude that the flute must take both time travelers back to the same time. The fact that it was roughly around the same time at the night of treason does not necessarily entail that it must be the same moment. FluteKid didn't make it sound like that was a rule in their re-telling in ep 14. I even believe that TimeTravelerLG might actually have arrived later that night than 2020LL did.

The flute took LG back to where he needed to be to save himself and it allowed LL to go back to a point where he could talk to his past self. I suspect it took them back to these moments because they both believed at the moment of time travel that these moments would be where they had the best chance to save themselves that night. LG knew he was his own saviour so it made sense for him to simply try to make sure that he arrives at the right time. LL had recently learned that LG was the saviour so he probably made a quick decision that it would be best to arrive in time to tell his past self to kill young LG before he went through with his coup attempt.

So what will LL do now? He might try something more radical. Going by possible spoilers photos - I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine them??? He might:

Spoiler

Try to get back in time and simply erase his own brother, perhaps to prevent LG from being born and therefore preventing him from being able to kill him in 1994. Wasn't there at some point before ep 15 newspaper photos of another royal family? While LL was still in the picture in the background? Or did I just see fan-edited photos? :sweatingbullets: 

Why doesn't LL simply re-write time so that he is the legitimate heir? Probably because such a re-write would fundamentally change him and time too much. Instead of the overlapping time line model with merging memories we have seen thus far, he would probably cause time to simply unravel or reset. The flute might not allow that. LG is however trying to cause a reset by killing LL in 1994. However if LG manages to kill LL and save himself, it might cause a "softer" reset, especially if he or someone else manages to leave young LG the ID-card. Why would it cause a softer reset? Because similar to how JTE's and LG's personal history changed, past events wouldn't change too much. 

2. Another possibility is that SJ arrives just in time and knocks JTE out so that he can take LL through instead. However now that he knows how deep JTE's love for LG is and her wish for him to survive SJ might decide to travel back to the night of treason with the mission to save LG. But why would the flute allow him to go there? The rule is that it takes you back to where you can save yourself, right? This is the clever part. If LL dies at the night of treason SJ won't survive, since his mother would kill them both. So according to flute logic, SJ could hypothetically use the flute to go back to the night of treason since the outcome of that night determines if he lives or not. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Geolyvseven said:

This is a theory and I for one don't believe a meter in it and it's to sad theory so be advised before reading.

I know it's not real but while reading it I realized how much I am into LGXJTE:joy: My heart was beating faster.

@ms_inquiry

That was a decent read.

My question:

- You said if LL is killed it won't cause many changes? But I think it will cause alot of changes if you disagree then how do you see the changes could be minimal

- Regarding SJ's survival I think somehow LL is behind the bankruptcy so part of me things that he will be fine

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, ms_inquiry said:

So something will happen to JTE close to the gates (theory)

Two possibilities and what the consequences might be:

1. LL manages to escape away from her and into the in-between. How does he manage to pull that off? JTE is a competent cop with serious self-defense know-how and experience with criminals. Could it be that she is a few seconds late into the gate and time stops? In that case though, wouldn't it be smarter of LL to either grab or kill her? He could still try to exchange her for the flute. Actually though it does makes sense that he doesn't try to grab her. He has to hurry so that he can make sure that he can time travel. He knows that LG will try to get back to the night of treason. LL will probably try to time travel to a time which would allow him to save himself and win. According to the time travel logic laid out by FluteKid when the flute is whole it will take them back to the moment at which they can save themselves. Thus far there is no reason to conclude that the flute must take both time travelers back to the same time. The fact that it was roughly around the same time at the night of treason does not necessarily entail that it must be the same moment. FluteKid didn't make it sound like that was a rule in their re-telling in ep 14. I even believe that TimeTravelerLG might actually have arrived later that night than 2020LL did.

JTE being late and suddenly freezing is possible BUT I hope it doesn't play out this way.   I hate the way JTE has been acting in the last few episodes and if they do this to her again, ugh.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

@ms_inquiry

That was a decent read.

My question:

- You said if LL is killed it won't cause many chances? But I think it will cause alot of chances if you disagree then how do you see the changes could be minimal

- Regarding SJ's survival I think somehow LL is behind there bankruptcy so part of me things that he will be find

Ah, I expressed myself unclearly. I just mean to suggest that killing LL might cause less changes then what the characters might think at this point. I think this could be possible if 1. Someone kills LL while he is trying to strangle young LG (and young LG survives) and 2. If someone still makes sure to leave young LG the ID-card.

If 1 + 2 happens, young LG would still grow up wondering why and how he survived (as in ep. 1) and who JTE is. So he would end up being practically the same person. The flute would still be broken and it would still be possible for someone to leave LG clues that would make it possible for him to find the gates in the bamboo forest (it couldn't however happen in the same way since LL in this scenario is dead). So LG's meeting with JTE could still play out in a similar way. The time line would however start to diverge in a serious way at some point after that since LL is dead and is not around to do anything. There is a lot of ifs in this theory but after seeing how JTE's and LG's personal histories changed in ep 14 I think it could be consistent with TK:EM's time travel rules. 

Haha I just realized that it would probably cause LG and LJH to meet since JTE would still arrest LG and look for his family through his finger prints and DNA :D

However - do I think this will happen? No, for several reasons one of which is because we see the flute being whole in the next ep preview. 

Good to hear about SJ!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, gwin said:

JTE being late and suddenly freezing is possible BUT I hope it doesn't play out this way.   I hate the way JTE has been acting in the last few episodes and if they do this to her again, ugh.

My heart sank a bit when I realized that LL might have managed to escape from her in front of the gates. I'm guessing for the same reason as you? I dislike the fact that she has been sidelined as a character in the last few episodes, that things have been happening to her rather than that she has made things happen. Her confrontation with Luna wasn't very clever. I do wonder if the writer at one point meant for JTE to be in actual danger or if that scene is just meant to show that Luna is actually not dangerous to her. Since she is stated to not have actually tried to really kill JTE.

Am I wrong in that I suspect that this writer, for all her good sides, has a bit of tendency to write pro-active male protagonists and mostly reactive female protagonists? Apologies to her fans if I'm wrong. I'm enjoying TK:EM a lot, but do I wish JTE did get to do more? Definitely. Would have loved if she was the one to figure out that the PM had turned or something similar. Loved her escape from LL.  

I really liked it when she decided to take action to save LG. Pretty sure the scene with the disappearing flowers was meant to mean that. So I'm hoping she will play a very pro-active role in the finale. 

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, ms_inquiry said:

My heart sank a bit when I realized that LL might have manages to escape from her in front of the gates. I'm guessing for the same reason as you? I dislike the fact that she has been sidelined as a character in the last few episodes, that things have been happening to her rather than that she has made things happen. Her confrontation with Luna wasn't very clever. I do wonder if the writer at one point meant for JTE to be in actual danger or if that scene is just meant to show that Luna is actually not dangerous. Since she is stated to not have actually really tried to kill JTE.

Am I wrong in that I suspect that this writer, for all her good sides, has a bit of tendency to write pro-active male protagonists and mostly reactive female protagonists? Apologies to her fans if I'm wrong. I'm enjoying TK:EM a lot, but do I wish JTE did get to do more? Definitely. Would have loved if she was the one to figure out that the PM had turned or something similar. Loved her escape from LL.  

I really liked it when she decided to take action to save LG. Pretty sure the scene with the disappearing flowers was meant to mean that. So I'm hoping she will play a very pro-active role in the finale. 

Same.  I loved JTE up until she started crying all the time.  It was like a 180 degree character turn.  One of my many disappointments with this show.

I do wish she makes it to 1994 and doesn't get left out AGAIN.   Seriously.

She was so clever and badass prior to about Episode 12:  her figuring out the Lee Sang Do case, escaping from LR's henchmen, heck even her conversation in the hallway with the PM.   Then all of a sudden she's:  meeting Luna alone in a dark alley, crying all the time and generally being reactive, as you said it.   

• Like 10