[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, Flloy House said:

I know it's not real but while reading it I realized how much I am into LGXJTE:joy: My heart was beating faster.

@ms_inquiry

That was a decent read.

My question:

- You said if LL is killed it won't cause many changes? But I think it will cause alot of changes if you disagree then how do you see the changes could be minimal

- Regarding SJ's survival I think somehow LL is behind the bankruptcy so part of me things that he will be fine

SJ's fate is uncertain if Lee Lim is killed we don't know whether he will survive or not? 

I think someone of the two will lose their memories but still somehow get back together thru fate 

• Like 8

Just now, Joanna Alfson said:

SJ's fate is uncertain if Lee Lim is killed we don't know whether he will survive or not? 

I think someone of the two will lose their memories but still somehow get back together thru fate 

I don't think his fate is uncertain because LL could have something to do with his families poverty issues.

- Because he was perhaps interested in them serving him 

- Which is why I believe his outcome will be different 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

I don't think his fate is uncertain because LL could have something to do with his families poverty issues.

- Because he was perhaps interested in them serving him 

- Which is why I believe his outcome will be different 

There is no evidence tho of him having anything to do with the bankruptcy of his family. 

We have never seen that before in the show imo 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

There is no evidence tho of him having anything to do with the bankruptcy of his family. 

We have never seen that before in the show imo 

There is somewhat of evidence otherwise he wouldn't just be waiting around the corner to help. 

- I don't think he helps anyone everything his doing is for his own benefit so I believe that it was his doing otherwise he wouldn't just pop up out of nowhere 

- It makes it logical to think he had interference with that family 

• Like 5

On 6/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, gwin said:

Same.  I loved JTE up until she started crying all the time.  It was like a 180 degree character turn.  One of my many disappointments with this show.

I do wish she makes it to 1994 and doesn't get left out AGAIN.   Seriously.

She was so clever and bad-richard simmons prior to about Episode 12:  her figuring out the Lee Sang Do case, escaping from LR's henchmen, heck even her conversation in the hallway with the PM.   Then all of a sudden she's:  meeting Luna alone in a dark alley, crying all the time and generally being reactive, as you said it.   

I'm really hoping she will get to save LG in the next episode in some way, or play an important role in defeating LL. It would make so much sense story-wise. And the fact that she made an active choice to be a brave person as a kid is just an amazing character beat/trait that I want to see more of. Her choosing to risk her life to save LG in ep 15 is great and if she gets to save him in ep 16 her character arc has the chance to be amazing. 

LG being the chosen character by Fate/the Flute to set things right, believing that he must sacrifice himself to then have him in turn be saved by JTE (and possibly JY) would be a very emotionally satisfying conclusion. Especially in light of JY's monologue about LG living his whole life with death as his shadow expecting a battle. Also since JTE is supposed to be his zero and solution. She chose to be cop and a cop is meant to be a protector, (unfortunately as we can see now in the world that is not always the case in real life), and often has that association in stories , so it would make sense for her character arc to play an active part in saving the worlds and/or LG in the conclusion. 

I actually don't mind her being very emotional in ep 12 and 14-15, since LG is as well and the situation justifies it mostly. Also I'm as sucker for those kinds of scenes where characters really struggle with having to do the right thing, especially when they know they will do them (ep 15: when for LG it is leaving and for JTE it is letting him leave). I find scenes like that very compelling. I also just love their reunion in ep 15. The problem for me is that percentage wise (when it comes to her screen time) she spends too much time during the whole drama crying. Had she had more pro-active moments and if the drama had allowed her to comfort/save LG I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. 

The actors portray their characters in such a compelling way that certain scenes that might feel/be a bit unearned writing/directing-wise (such as their emotional reunion at the start of ep 10) still really hit me and I enjoy them :sweatingbullets::)

And when the writing and directing supports it, as in the end of episode 10, the scenes really become something great. Thanks to the coherency between writing/acting/directing :D

I just love analyzing stories, especially the best parts of them - what really works. Which has been great fun to do with TK:EM. It has been so great reading people's analyses and takes on different aspects of the show in this forum. 

One thing I wish was different is that JTE was a more active character - since when she is active in the drama, I agree, she's just amazing. I would have liked it if LG's and JTE's characters would have opened up to each other more earlier in the drama since some of their best scenes are when they do. For example I think that the early bamboo forest scene where LG is impressed with JTE choosing to be brave and her earnestly listening to him talk about the fact that he is an orphaned king is so incredibly good. I'm hoping we see this pay-off in the form of a happy ending, JTE's bravery being what causes LG to be saved from death and/or loneliness (since that it was orphanhood is short-hand for in stories)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ms_inquiry said:

Haha I just realized that it would probably cause LG and LJH to meet since JTE would still arrest LG and look for his family through his finger prints and DNA :D

However - do I think this will happen? No, for several reasons one of which is because we see the flute being whole in the next ep preview. 

Good to hear about SJ!

I don't think LG has the ID-card with him this time around which could make the changes significiant 

- Without the ID-card he has no clue but will just have to run into her via fate 

- I think she has attained somewhat memory but how It's unclear yet I think we will find out how she attained that 

- On the teaser for episode 16 it seems like as if she has memories somewhat could it be thru the flute kid? I have no idea

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

There is somewhat of evidence otherwise he wouldn't just be waiting around the corner to help. 

- I don't think he helps anyone everything his doing is for his own benefit so I believe that it was his doing otherwise he wouldn't just pop up out of nowhere 

- It makes it logical to think he had interference with that family 

There could be a possibility but it's an unexplored arc so i cant say i fully know it 

• Like 2

Just now, Joanna Alfson said:

There could be a possibility but it's an unexplored arc so i cant say i fully know it 

I wouldn't say its an unexplored arc his been waiting for her to get desparate and serve otherwise he wouldn't have intervene there he could care less in my opinion. I agree with @Flloy House

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

I don't think LG has the ID-card with him this time around which could make the changes significiant 

- Without the ID-card he has no clue but will just have to run into her via fate 

- I think she has attained somewhat memory but how It's unclear yet I think we will find out how she attained that 

- On the teaser for episode 16 it seems like as if she has memories somewhat could it be thru the flute kid? I have no idea

Luna is seen with the ID-card in episode 15 when she goes to steal something for JTE, which would be LL but I'm not sure. So there is a possibility that JTE or someone else could get hold of it and thereby be able to leave it to young LG. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ms_inquiry said:

Luna is seen with the ID-card in episode 15 when she goes to steal something for JTE, which would be LL but I'm not sure. So there is a possibility that JTE or someone else could get hold of it and thereby be able to leave it to young LG. 

It's not in JTE's timeloop to deliver the ID-card and she could be on the outside of the hall where the shooting takes place or not even present. I do think however that she will be present in 94 in the night of treason I just think her and SJ will be located in another place on that same night 

• Like 5

A sad love story in parallel world

Lee Gon: Do just two things (rules) for me

ezgif-3-769bd307686d.gif

I have to go back sometimes, and when I do, I want to come back soon. Whichever it is, if you tell me not to come or leave, I don't think I'll be able to do anything.

JTE: I know what you're concerned about. If the Manpasikjeok becomes one, that door might close forever. Right? This is the 9th rule out of the 17.

ezgif-3-5d6500fe120d.gif

JTE: Tell me you'll come back. That's the tenth rule. No matter what happens, you have to come back. That's the 11th rule.

ezgif-3-b534a6bf1681.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I love their lovely and happy moments, I always mesmerized and fall in love with melodrama story that KES creates in many of her dramas. If any of you have watched Goblin, this sad fate is somehow similar.

But I know KES will give us happy ending tomorrow, and that's 13th rule!! :lol:

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I hate to see TKEM end tomorrow. I have enjoyed following all the theories and the camaraderie of this forum. You guys have been brilliant with all of your theories. As I am a liberal arts person most of the theories went way over my head but I enjoyed reading them nonetheless. I'd like to think KES has taken a peek and marveled over the way her writing  has inspired a group of people to trade theories for almost 900 pages in less than 2 months. 

What a beautiful drama! What a crazy ride! 

Thank you!  You all are the smartest and best! 

HAPPY ENDING PLEASE!

PS:

IF Einstein had been a Kdrama fan he would have definitely joined our forum!

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Four Most Memorable Scenes of "The King"

Lee Gon and Jo Young Bromance

5ee091922c998d44cdd7abc1-p.jpg

Spoiler

5ee091922c998d44cdd7abc3-p.jpg

5ee091912c998d44cdd7abbf-p.jpg

5ee09192d9f94a746957d915-p.jpg

Lee Gon and Goo Seo Ryeong Sharp Confrontation 

Spoiler

5ee091922c998d44cdd7abc2-p.jpg

5ee09192d9f94a746957d914-p.jpg

Sad love: Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul, bloody, tearful reunion

5ee09193d9f94a746957d916-p.jpg

Spoiler

5ee09191d9f94a746957d912-p.jpg

5ee09192d9f94a746957d913-p.jpg

5ee091912c998d44cdd7abc0-p.jpg

Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul Beheading Kiss

5ee09193d9f94a746957d917-p.jpg

Spoiler

5ee091932c998d44cdd7abc4-p.jpg

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006100837092705097_1

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/visualboard/63965/?cmd=view&page=1&board_no=328

@acyellowsc

• Like 8
  • Love 11

21 hours ago, acyellowsc said:

Hi guys, do any of you here have the HD copy of the latest BTS? Can you please share the link? I want to download it for archive purposes :blush:

The one SBS uploaded is not available in my country, so I can't directly download from their channel.

The one from twitter or IG have smaller resolution.

So if you guys happen to have one, please share with me.

Thankyou guys!!

I'm sorry for reposting my comment.

But, do any of you have the HD copy? I still don't get any response til now :cry:

Waiting for your response, guys :)

Edit : @syntyche  Thankyou soo much dear :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 3