[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

21 minutes ago, gwin said:

Except that he did mention to JTE in the last episode that he may have to prevent LR from getting the flute in the first place...which kind of implies that he is intending to go back in time before the flute split.

And also, we have spoiler photos showing us that:

Spectators proved than LG was wrong.

:glasses:

another reversal rule comment. LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wenchanteur said:

Spectators proved than LG was wrong.

:glasses:

another reversal rule comment. LOL.

He obviously has to go back in time and try to claim the whole flute making LR because powerful he can't time travel nor keep himself young by overstaying in the between

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I see more of a reset timeline ending where LG starts to re-love JTE after re-meeting her again on a new. delevoping emotions with her but finally he will come to love her again as she will pursue him but will trigger him somehow to give into her but he will resist in the beginning I could see but she will eventually win his heart and claim her mann back despite his memory loss of the previous timeline.

Damn-it, you are right.

We all forgot that famous amnesia drama rule.

18 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

@gwin a lot of people have spent time on complicated time travel scenarios but like you I think it will come down to fate. The writer has left just to many bread crumbs that point that way. Besides why would we need Yoyo child master of fate and all the symbols that will show that fate is at work if fate was not going to set things right.

Fate is just another random useless character. :lol:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Such an ending would indeed be what you call an epic anti-climactic. You will see chairs flying all over this place but god forbid I hope not and I don't think KES will drink from that cop. It's poison and should be left alone in peace. 

I see more of a reset timeline ending where LG starts to re-love JTE after re-meeting her again on a new. delevoping emotions with her but finally he will come to love her again as she will pursue him but will trigger him somehow to give into her but he will resist in the beginning I could see but she will eventually win his heart and claim her mann back despite his memory loss of the previous timeline. It would be a cute ending and she gets to be inconsiderate with LG who has no memory of their first night of being inconsiderate it would be like experiencing the same night double fold 

Okay. This is a cute ending. Can someone repost that trailer again. Been searching for it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

He obviously has to go back in time and try to claim the whole flute making LR because powerful he can't time travel nor keep himself young by overstaying in the between

So, just time travel back with an AK47 instead of a gun, and kill all the gang.

It's not for nothing this is always the best weapon in all FPS.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Poll:

Chingus, we have a fun poll for you as you count down to the ending of the drama. (see top of thread) have fun!

re: @vangsweetie637

and if you want to make this poll more fun, once you know the result, change your DP for a day or include a pic in your post:

those who won: post a picture of a horse/maximus!

those who lost: post a picture of a horse shoe -- better luck next time! ^_^

Winner posts Horse pic! Well done mod

source.gif

@Heilo

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

Since this story is inspired by Harry Potter, I have been wondering if Lee Gon will survive the poisoning because he had Lee Rim's blood in his body and the poison killed the part belonging to Lee Rim. Remember that Harry Potter had to die so that the last part of Voldemort's soul would be destroyed.

@vangsweetie637 @ktcjdrama @mrsj3n @YongZura⁷ @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @madmad min

• Like 9
  • Insightful 5

11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since this story is inspired by Harry Potter, I have been wondering if Lee Gon will survive the poisoning because he had Lee Rim's blood in his body and the poison killed the part belonging to Lee Rim. Remember that Harry Potter had to die so that the last part of Voldemort's soul would be destroyed.

HP relied on thoroughly on Fantasy portion mostly but not so science like I mean harry Had a part of Voldemort's soul in him, but LG only touched LR 's blood, I mean he did not consume it unless we are talking about them being HALF-Blood related via King Haejong (pardon my spelling) who we know also was a user of Flute and Somehow starting the swapping of world population. (Descendents)

But I do agree somehow If not blood but some element of Flute-Sword Related Blood spillage may come into play with the last battle of survival both Both LR-LG in TKEM dynamics. Nice point :)

• Like 9

3 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

you know what, when LR was seething in anger while watching Luna smooch him off of his money, I believed he would kill her. 

Super interesting take. Actually his expression was like that. I wish we get a flashback of what did he offer and why did she side with him.

I am also missing the yoyo child! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spring Lady said:

tomorrow is d-day... but by the time i open this thread, I probably need to catch up 25(?) pages... :sweatingbullets:

Most probably, however being here you're automatically skilled in practising skimming and scanning in reading :)

@bebebisous33 I was afraid of thinking that he might be in coma temporarily ..... 

p.s Going to ZZzzzZZ.. before the D-Day

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

If JTE is not mortally injured or does not die... i am not sure what could motivate LG to go back. 

As for LG=HP, they could use the analogy but will have to contextualize it. I have just been thinking that after poisoning how will LG get back to his feet quickly as he needs to run lots to save himself and with a weak body how would he do that :D

answer: creative freedom?

alternately ---

he wasnt poisoned. I repeat, he doesnt spit blood but gasps for air... so maybe there is hope?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

he wasnt poisoned. I repeat, he doesnt spit blood but gasps for air... so maybe there is hope?

He seemed poisoned tho but could have been a light dose and if rushed to the hospital he could probably shake it off 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright guys. Since a poll started, we can decide on a punishment. 

1. we can take the suggestion of @Lmangla and post up a picture/change DP to Maximus(winner) or a horseshoe(loser).

2. we can post a picture/change our DP to OTP (winner) and a picture/DP of LR (loser)

3. We can post a picture/change our DP of a good guy (any good guy for the winners) and picture/dp of a baddie (any baddie for the losers). 

**as soon as we know the results, we should go through with the punishment until the drama completely ends. And if the results is not shown until the last episode, the punishment carries on for at least 3 days :D

pick which punishment you guys like. And we will go through with it. Remember guys, this is just for fun. So let’s make TKEM even more memorable :D you don’t have to join if you don’t want to. No force. It’s all fun ;)

and every else that I may have forgotten..

and tag someone too if you remember because I am sure I didn’t remember everyone so that they can vote too :D

EDIT:

i will keep track of which punishment you guys like more. Choose one.

i will gather the popular votes and slim it to majority vote. And let you all know by tomorrow night or Friday morning:D

I was waiting for the poll to arrive? But I haven't voted yet as I am still undecided I am on the fence between LG1-LG2 or just LG. 

These two options are keeping me from commiting to one of them. I wanna go with both options if available. 

1. LG1-LG2: Why I believe in this saviour theory it's because of the 2 timelines that will be created because once this LG goes back the other LG is already there because his part of that time written down already so 2 LG's is an obvious choice 

2. One LG: This could also be another options but much weaker then the 2 LG options. 

Conclusion: My final decision will probably be 2 LG's or perhaps even 3 LG's but 2 LG's is the more likely answer for in my own opinion

• Like 7

11 hours ago, scrawford said:

On 6/2/2020 at 2:49 PM, Heretorant said:

Rewatching it, I also notice something odd about Luna like @scrawford pointed out. 

11:09:18 - Luna seems frozen until 11:11:02

Could she possibly be frozen? @wenchanteur I think you might be on to something. 

@Heretorant that could be one of the explanation, or, she sit there, starring into space and not responding to LG when he found out, because she knew the poison will take effect soon. So, she didn't bother to respond or reacted to LG finding out she is not JTE

Agree! That’s what I initially thought and haven’t ruled it out. 

It’s Friday! We will all find out shortly. Though I must admit, 22 hours could not be longer! 

Also, where’s the bts? 

PaleVigorousDeviltasmanian-size_restrict

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

So, just time travel back with an AK47 instead of a gun, and kill all the gang.

It's not for nothing this is always the best weapon in all FPS.

If I was him I would have time-travel with me an entire swat team, plus the royal guard... AK47? pff! Armed with M16 and night vision

• Like 1
  • LOL 8