[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

HI all. 

After watching ep10, I don't like the ending. :joy:

I have to wait next week for continuation. 

I don't think Dr Cha did it 3 years ago. Based on one of the flashback, in my opinion, I think that guy's mom could have did it as she was hurt seeing her son suffering. 

I don't think he did it this time. I feel that he is being sabotaged by someone who is trying to get rid of him or what. 

I read in the internet what's viral labyrinthitis. 

Most cases of labyrinthitis are due to viral infections, such as a cold or the flu, spreading to the inner ear. Viral labyrinthitis typically results in sudden vertigo, nausea, and vomiting. Sometimes, it also leads to hearing loss. Viral labyrinthitis usually goes away on its own

So for Dr Cha, its dangerous as he has CIPA. Not sure what he is going to do as if he takes steroid, he can't work as he will be immune to any virus, disease. If he don't cure it, it can harm him. 

I don't get it, why the nurse is so obsessed with Dr Cha. 

What's his friend, Lawyer Han is planning? Kept us in the dark with the mysterious person leaving in the car when he arrived.

I think there could be a sparkle of romance between Dr Lee and Mi Rae. 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Can I see my lovebirds a whole lot longer?  Can they be in another drama together again?  I want to watch a romantic drama with Ji Sung and Lee Se Young so bad.

Me tooooo. I'm not getting enough of them :( I hope there will be more romance scenes. Maybe one where they sit on the porch/garden-y area at his house? 

At least Dr Lee knows something is going on between them ;) he's knows how to read the atmosphere and give them space hehe :P 

Still, the progress is slow ... :( Although his eyes speak a thousand words ... :wub:

But then again I hope that no YH-SY scenes in the preview for Episode 11 means that we might get some nice scenes of them.

And now I'm suspicious the one who turned the machine off might be the Resident who is a fan of the actress.

It would seem more feasible as compared to a non-staff nurse somehow entering undetected into the ward to turn it off. 

Hmm ...

It's gonna be a long wait for the next two episodes ><

6 more episodes to:

1. YH and SY's first hand holding

2. YH and SY's first hug

3. YH and SY's first kiss

4. YH and SY's cafe date

5. show us what happens to the prosecutor

6. reveal the lawyer's sickness

7. the final decision about SY's dad's life

8. the nurse revealing she forced Yoon Sung Kyu to sign the form for clinical trial

9. revealing the nasty things going on in Jinmu Rijund

10. Dr Lee and Mirae's relationship

11. YH risking his life for awhile more as doctor (maybe) and/or getting treatment (soon/later)

12. SY's hair extension being removed hopefully (maybe the character Kang Si Young uses hair extensions? like it's her fashion statement? :P)

13. SY being YH's official guardian

I liked this week's episodes, but I have to admit, I prefer when the episodes center around the race to diagnose a patient. I found that really interesting, and I rather wish they had stuck to diagnosis of the week, Euthanasia debate, SY's dad issue, and romance and not added all of these illnesses (I don't mind CYH's but do both lawyers have to be sick too?) and conspiracies. The Prosecutor and nurse having an agenda was enough IMO. I don't think it was necessary to add a conspiracy between the former Minister of Health and lawyer and throw in a shady organization to boot. 

2 hours ago, sheelatpsfm said:

I read in the internet what's viral labyrinthitis. 

So for Dr Cha, its dangerous as he has CIPA. Not sure what he is going to do as if he takes steroid, he can't work as he will be immune to any virus, disease. If he don't cure it, it can harm him. 

Thanks for the searching effort of the disease! This drama indeed make people interested to know more about medical thingy....

If I understand correctly, I think CYH request to take steroids because he wants to fully treat and cure his Labyrinthitis virus, though in the expense of chances of lower immune system and higher chance to get other disease / possibility to die. Given he is CIPA, he is taking risk of his life.

8 hours ago, Sipit90 said:

2.What is the real reason prosecutor keep pestering CYH, seems there’s personal reason? He does not seem just simply brainwashed by the annoying nurse.

Prosecutor and nurse are total busybody who seems have nothing to do for their own work! 

So I’m still figuring this out myself and may be wrong. From what I gather though, the nurse lost her son to kidnapper (the one YH euthanized) and so did the prosecutor (re: in beginning eps when they first met in the funeral hall and there were two children’s urns with different pictures.) for a minute I wondered if they were also exes, because of how he had a halo ring around his finger he would toy with but maybe it belonged to the child  he lost (not sure if it was his son or dongsaeng little brother).

ugh I agree so much, here we see YH, who does his job so professionally even when he has his own health against him, then we have this nurse and Prosecutor who are more concerned with personal interests than their jobs which are also to serve others and be selfless. It just an interesting comparison; while one is focused on revenge and the other ‘justice’(I just wanna scream at him every time he takes a stance on anti assisted suicide by saying ‘who gives you the right to choose for us?! We should have the freedom to choose by law as long as the government isn’t choosing our desth for us!!’) we have YH that is simply focused on being a true doctor and healing every patient his way. 

8 hours ago, Sipit90 said:

3. Did CYH actually not perform euthanasia 3 years ago? Did prosecutor or nurse stop the vibrator and purposely put the blame on CYH? 

He may have been framed by the nurse, took the fall for the kidnappers mom that mercy killed him, or his sentence should have been less because the signature was forged for doing clinical trials. Probably the court took the signature that the patient himself wanted to keep living even if in pain to do the trials. Also maybe it changes the whole narrative that the prosecutor had justifying his grudge against YH (cause I mean seriously again- why they hate him so much? He’s not the kidnapper! And he already went to jail did his ‘time’ why you just using him a punching back to channel all ur anger from the kidnapped?! Like seriously they need to let it go already).

5 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

Me tooooo. I'm not getting enough of them :( I hope there will be more romance scenes. Maybe one where they sit on the porch/garden-y area at his house? 

At least Dr Lee knows something is going on between them ;) he's knows how to read the atmosphere and give them space hehe :P

He our favorite dr Lee or doctor  cute , he cute even when leaving this two  alone each  time to solve their issues :wub:

I want more of Cyh and Sy 

But then again I hope that no YH-SY scenes in the preview for Episode 11 means that we might get some nice scenes of them.

And now I'm suspicious the one who turned the machine off might be the Resident who is a fan of the actress.

It would seem more feasible as compared to a non-staff nurse somehow entering undetected into the ward to turn it off. 

Hmm ...

I am praying  not him , It can easy if it was the nurse , prosecutor, ex minster man or her sister  

I dont care who Is  it will be easy but CYH student is  :skull: first cyh will feel guilty  as it will make  the prosecutor  words right  about him being bad  idol  to the young and pure doctors, second it maybe make cyh really want to take the fall instead of him, and even if the true out we will lose that student for jail  and cyh will never recover from it .

No I dont want the young  doctor  to be the one , I think she didn't die  in the end they said in the previews  i guess cyh save her in time but it still crime 

6 more episodes to:

2. YH and SY's first hug

4. YH and SY's cafe date

8. the nurse revealing she forced Yoon Sung Kyu to sign the form for clinical trial

11. YH risking his life for awhile more as doctor (maybe) and/or getting treatment (soon/later)

12. SY's hair extension being removed hopefully (maybe the character Kang Si Young uses hair extensions? like it's her fashion statement? :P)

I am voting  for all the choices  in the list specially the romance points :wub:

Let me add

sy and cyh spending sometime in his house; awkward but cute double dates  with the two kang sisters,  chief  min and other doctor reaction when sy and cyh are officials :smirk: and what more?? 

I can writes for more than 100 wishes but I have to stop remembering it only 6 episodes that we have .:heartbreak:

I think this week episodes will be about solving the nurse past and present crime, facing sy dad decision and having some cute and adorable supporting  scene between our favorite couple 

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Lol first time I ever changed my expectation for a drama ending. When I watch a melo where the lead has terminal cancer I know the person will die. When a lead gets cancer in the drama then I hope for the best.

But when the writer gives a freaking heritary terminal illness diagnosis with a basically richard simmons prognosis I don't even hope for a happily ever after. I just hope he lives to the last episode. Not even counting on the fact that medical dramas are notorious for minimal skinship or romance.

Just live JH. Shesh. I am more stressed over his condition to worry about his romance.

Look at the good side 

They give us illnesses that have 30-30-30 chance he may dont have  even to have treatment and he can still recover  it not like they give us incurable sickness.

They have mercy on us I like the chances  they give  to us  

Me I have more hope now for happy ending even when I know that going to play on his CIPA situation that dont allow him to get treatment.

I like the scene when he asked SY  what she think will suited him if it not being doctor that meaning even when it really hard for him he trying to accept the idea  to live not as doctor, I like how he want to hear  her thoughts 

I am hopeful here I want him to stay as doctor but even if he cant I still have hope he will be fine in the end and he and sy will manage it 

He can still work with research and he can open the comic book store that sy wanted :joy:

12 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

Still, the progress is slow ... :( Although his eyes speak a thousand words ... :wub:

Hmm ...

6 more episodes to:

2. YH and SY's first hug

4. YH and SY's cafe date

I will be really mad if they will waste a ton of time on the investigation (taking precious time away from my romantic scenes.  Time is of essence and we ain't have a whole lot of time left.  It doesn't help that Yo Han is crawling an cm a day.  We're more than half the drama away and he only bought subways for her. :P)

Aside from central point Yo Han/Si Young, everything else is in chaos and feels very messy right now.  We only have 6 hours left to develop HanYoung romance, so they can together stop 2 medium evil stalkers from stalking and 2 other eviler stalkers from doing harm after the evildoers reveal their great grand plan to take over the world.  But you know, I don't care if some other issues remain unresolved.  Just give me full development of HanYoung romance and I'll be a happy camper.  It would be too cruel to drag me through the path of thorns then left me bleeding in pain on the ground.  Dr. Cha, you're about resolving pain, not inflicting it.

And here I thought Yo Han was dying.  He has options.  He can quit being a doctor but of course he has to be a doctor and injects steroids and endangers his life.  I'm so not totally moved with that idiot decision.  Can we not go toward that so unnecessary direction?  And that's why it's key he needs to fall in love so he values his life more since that he has someone special in his life.  And they can be a husband and wife doctor team talking and understand themselves through telepathy like they did at the beginning of ep 10.  (I'm not making that up.)  The possibilities are endless.  I don't see a bad end in this anywhere.

When I saw the stalking prosecutor gulped down some pills, I was like oh ok he's sick for real.  Then when the suspicious lawyer had this problem unbuckling the belt, I started laughing.  So it seems quite a few people have serious illness, the prosecutor, the lawyer, and Dr. Stalkalot, etc...  I imagine the next bad guy comes around and reveals the shocking truth about himself having cancer, the rest of the gang would say, "don't feel so special.  We all do so get in line and stop acting like it's the end of the world, would ya?"

*edit*

So they were filming for ep 12 last week?

6 hours ago, Shinobu said:

*edit*

So they were filming for ep 12 last week?

@Shinobu eh how do you know?

I'm trying to figure out when they were filming the episodes. 

The CIPA conference was from 1-2 August so Ep 10 could have been filmed during the last week of July and 1st week of August maybe.

Took me a while to catch up.   Busy weekend.  I suspected inner ear problem coz CT from hospital visit with SY was clear and blood test results were unremarkable.  Viral labyrinthitis is quite common.  I had it once and it was horrible.  Mine cleared in a week after antihistamines.  Not sure why he went straight to steroids as treatment.  Not like his symptoms were that severe...I mean he could still walk around?  But hey this is drama and without the steroid treatment as an option, he wouldn’t have a major decision to ponder. :lol:  Antihistamines don’t affect your immune system like steroids do.

Not entirely sure if YH did the deed 3 years ago.  But this time around I am pretty sure the male resident who started the Wishes for cancer patients was the one to turn off the ventilator.

YH and SY have cute moments and I really like their slow burn relationship.  :wub:

Prosecutor Son has 3rd stage stomach cancer for sure (? He’s in pain and popping pills).  He doesn’t have long to live.  Prognosis for stomach cancer is usually very poor because it is usually discovered late.  Stage 3 means it’s spread to the surrounding area.  It’s not looking good for him.  Only 1 in 4 or 5 survive past 5years once they get diagnosed.  Don’t know how long he’s had it.  

As for the ex Minister and the lawyer Friend who has some disease (neurological with the sudden loss of function of his arm), not sure what their deal is.  The whole organisation looks suspicious.  Do they profit off the deaths of people (the painting done by the person who wrote the book - people always say art becomes more valuable when the artist dies) to fund research into a wonder drug?  The lawyer blurted out Kerblom (?) - sounds like a drug name?  If he has a neurological condition (as does the ex Minister), then perhaps this wonder drug is one that has shown promise for their conditions and they need the funds to research and bring it to market (and also potentially cure their conditions).  Don’t know.  Taking a wild guess here :lol:

Swooningggg :wub::love::heart:

Cant get enough of how tender YH is in this episode. His tone while he talk to SY. Not to mention his eye gaze. Sooo dreamy...

And he promise not to keep secret from her, and do things that make her worried.

Geez,, if that wasnt love... 

2 hours ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

Swooningggg :wub::love::heart:

Cant get enough of how tender YH is in this episode. His tone while he talk to SY. Not to mention his eye gaze. Sooo dreamy...

And he promise not to keep secret from her, and do things that make her worried.

Geez,, if that wasnt love... 

I love that part too! She looked so pleased and shy? that he was watching her haha.

Ah~

And I had a little brainwave~

Since the drama actually does emphasise the budding romance between YH and SY and even had SY's confession, I think we will get some romantic scenes.

Unlike some previous medical dramas that HINT at the possible pairing but none of the characters do anything and it ends without any progress AT ALL.

So I have hope :wub:

I need some crucial info.  So, uh, who got egg mayo and who got bbq chicken? ;)  I couldn't help but replaying the part where Yo Han was staring intensely at Si Young while biting into the sub.  Hmmmm... 

So what's sexy about Dr John?  Yo Han and Si Young's mesmerizing gazes for each other.  Their eyelocks are so seductive and can be deadly.  I couldn't look away.  I appreciate the director for exploring this thoroughly.  Ji Sung met his match on the gazing battles.  As far as I'm concerned, Lee Se Young is one of the most naturally beautiful actresses I come acress and I'm adding her to my list.  Her face is versatile to portray different characters depending on how she carries herself.  There's a feel of innocence in those clear eyes that's so endearing and sincere.  She can be silly in the most innocent ways but still comes off a earnest and mature lady (like the cute car scene).  I love to see both of them smiling more because Se Young has a very beautiful smile and Ji Sung, too.  They match so well I don't see an age gap.  Here's hoping my HanYoung can get a nice solid romance.  (I have to confess when I ogled at Ji Sung in the shirt, I thought he looked pretty sexy but for some reasons I thought he may have developed a bit of a belly there. :p I may be wrong.  Let me watch again.)  I joke I joke. ;)

9 hours ago, fruitkatsu said:

@Shinobu eh how do you know?

I'm trying to figure out when they were filming the episodes. 

The CIPA conference was from 1-2 August so Ep 10 could have been filmed during the last week of July and 1st week of August maybe.

My bad.  I forgot about Korea's different episodes system.  I saw the blog on the coffee date and a big number 12.  I guess it meant something else.

Text preview of ep 11

YH is suspected of turning off the patient’s  respiratory system. Seon Seok Gi begins to investigate not only YH but the entire team. KSY believes YH is innocence %100 and the trust between them deepens. Meanwhile, the fact- finding reveals an unexpected truth...

Everything is great about this drama, the only complaint I have is the antagonist's story...I don't think they show enough of his character for me to realize his true motive. His side story is kinda confusing to me and sometimes appear out of nowhere just to show that he's up to no good, same goes with the nurse that works with him. 

The drug introduced possibly goes against YH's philosophy.  It's probably some powerful pain killers. 

Regarding the most recent case, YH of course didn't do it.  So the unexpected truth is...   it was her sister.  Furthermore, they found out YH was framed the first time around.  And the culprits are...  Dr. Stalkalot and his minion, 2 faced lawyer.  The nurse also works for him.  But wait, there's a great grand plot twist...

Hey I tried.

Archived