[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

YH got dizzy after he performed a little procedure on that special patient who came to their pain centre.

---

While I'm waiting for YH's scenes...

The special patient is some celebrity who eventually stopped acting coz of her disease. 

She has 1 son who is being looked after by her ex-husband after her divorce. 

Her son was informed about her disease not long ago and wants to see her.

However, the patient doesn't want him to see her coz she doesn't want him to be shocked and remember his mom as disgusting.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch: Lee Se Young And Ji Sung Show Determination For Elevator Confession Scene In “Doctor John” Making Video

2a9fed9478b8438882d5c31fc93bacd7.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Doctor John” has released a new behind-the-scenes video!

“Doctor John” is a suspenseful medical drama about two brilliant doctors who specialize in pain management. Ji Sung plays the role of Cha Yo Han, a genius anesthesiologist who is famous for his ability to assess patients in just 10 seconds, while Lee Se Young stars as Kang Si Young, a highly intelligent anesthesiology resident with a painful past.

In the clip, Lee Se Young and Hwang Hee wear protective medial suits for a scene where their characters must protect themselves against a patient suspected of having a contagious virus. Lee Se Young can’t help but hold her hand-held fan close to her face as she reveals that she’s extremely warm. Hwang Hee, on the other hand, confuses the staff when he comments, “It’s cold.” He continues to joke around as he says that he is currently shooting “Interstellar 2” with his bulky suit on.

Later, Lee Se Young and Ji Sung shoot a scene in which Kang Si Young confesses to Cha Yo Han in an elevator. As it’s an important scene, the two actors hold serious discussions about how they will portray this in between takes. When the cameras begin rolling, Lee Se Young races towards the closing elevator and forces the doors open to find a surprised Ji Sung. They then move to another set for their close-up shots. In order to convey Kang Si Young’s exhausted state, Lee Se Young jumps up and down and runs around the set. After completing the scene, she kneels down and Ji Sung expresses concern for her.

Watch the full video below!

“Doctor John” airs Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

YH goes through that dizzy slipping down the stairs thingy when he meets the reporter. But because the reporter senses something is not right, he tries to follow YH.

YH gets out at one of the floors and SY gets off the lift at the same floor and sees him struggling on the ground.

He collapses into her lap pretty much and tells her that the reporter is coming. 

But when the reporter reaches that floor he can't see YH anywhere. SY already dragged YH to the lift and they are going upstairs.

Then later cut to Dr Lee driving SY and YH to some hospital outside. YH is warded. Results, nothing wrong including his CT (?) scan.

Dr Lee drops YH off at his house. Then they go off. Later SY going to YH's house on her own and rings the bell. YH answers and let's her enter.

-> insert a lot of nagging from SY to YH to get a proper check up with his personal doctor.

YH keep insisting he is okay.

He called her "Si Yeong-ah" for the first time >< >< >< wow.

SY ask if he's refusing her help coz of her feelings for him. Whether they are a burden for her. That she will handle her own feelings (so he need not be bothered and should let her help).

Then he said she's already helping by keeping his CIPA a secret, he's thankful for that and she's already doing enough for him.

38 minutes ago, fruitkatsu said:

I watch it through the on-air player on the SBS website. The 3rd button from the right side of the menu bar.

It looks like this: 온에어

Or you can download the SBS on-air streaming player from your phone app store, create an account and watch from there.

Yes I think that's the guy!! ahahah

Thanks for telling me about the SBS air player. It works on my end. Sad to see that YH is struggling at the conference. I hope he didn’t faint and manage to get the presentation across. 

YH doesn’t seem to have much time left :( it’s gonna end in a melo way which is kinda sad. 

YH has a conference presentation on CIPA.

Things seem to be going well until the microphone makes high-pitched sounds.

Then he hears(?) ringing in his ears. And when it worsens, his vision gets blurry.

Basically IDK what the problem is but the high-pitched echo from the mikes affect him.

In front of the entire crowd (made up of Hanse Medical Centre people and not sure if there are outsiders?), he can't quite concentrate anymore and everyone realises something is not right with him. SY is the most worried.

I'd like to think that the moment he realises something is wrong he looks at SY.

Anyway, Prosecutor Son came to the venue (but didn't enter yet).

-end-

Thanks for all the spoilers.

I need to go to Dr. Cha's pain central.  Dr. Cha, you have to stop my pain.  Please go confess to Si Young and get married or something.  My pain only increases every episode seeing your longing and yearning eyes for each other.  I'm not sure I can handle this torture anymore.

The previews  doesn't  look good we have a patient will try to kill herself, cyh sickness is worset  I dont think it incurable but the fact that if he has to  admit his CIPA  if he going to get treatment that why I think he said how much I can keep being a doctor ( I hope soo at least) 

But like so much scene  from this episode 

1. When CYH made the lawyer give ride to sy as he was worry about her 

2.when still follow  them and made sure that sy in her house safe

3. When that night he didn't do check up on himself neither  he connected the mechanics to his body it kind of sad he just didn't want to do his daily routine in day like this he wanted to enjoy the feeling of being normal to enjoy the voice  over of Sy saying she like him :heartbreak:

4. I like how sy was there to help him, she over come her fear on him and think too about his wish to hide his CIPA  and take him to another hospital 

5. I like how sweet his voice and eyes keep going on more when he talk to her like in his house 

6.and finally  I like how he didn't dare to reject her feeling directly  yet( I doubt he can do that ever)  he just indirect said that his not answering is answer and thank  her for her feeling

The nurse and the prosecutor  if there when reason I think I want that patient to die is for them to feel he wrong there  doing playing  with her feeling and sending her there but no I prefer saving life thah wishing  for one to die no matter how useful that can be , to make sure I am not like them at least 

But I am really afraid  that cyh will had to  help that patient  to die if she go to the limit of trying to kill herself  specially that he know he dont have so much time as doctor 

6 minutes ago, moomooz said:

I think most the funniest scene is when SY thought he’s fooling her. I was ROFL.. 

Yeh I like it too ot was so cute  

Did you see Cyh  glare at him and tell him to get in when he start laughing at Sy 

Our cute doctor has a high EQ he know he should run from there , it not a good thin6 to be between this two right now :blush:

I have to add I don't like the ex minster evil laugh in this episode , I dont like it i think they trying to change the law about  mercy killing using CYH and SY as a tool just as the prosecutor thought  they trying to make another the Dutch case 

It doesn't look they care if CYH or SY will have to pay the price is just I think they care about changing the law, look like the old man is suffering from sickness and think cause he feel like this the law should be change  for him not to be a weak person who killed himself  

I know I am writing an evil novels  right now in my head but I just didnt like his laugh  what I can do now !! It not like we had nothing Also  to worry about :bawling:

Somehow I end up watching dramas that have sad endings this year, sigh...

On a side note, I'm amazed that all the OSTs were so great. For a prime time channel drama it's quite unusual. They tend to have mediocre song but here every one they've released so far has been great The last OST is my favorite. 

2 hours ago, nooneor said:

According to text preview KSY will help YH (I mean her man lol)  and YH finally will take a step to KSY. ^_^

''

HE BETTER DO IT THERE PEOPLE HERE SUFFERING  FROM THE EYES  LOVE :smirk:

WE NEED MORE 

panda_GIF.gif

Edit; 

And I was right why my dark thoughts coming true :fearful:they really send her there ut was planned even when they dont say that directly I hate them I really hate them 

And if I was right about the ex minster evil plan too it going to be bad really bad 

Side note: what he ex minster  meaning by cant let side Scandal  run their plan , okay forget about the plan that I know it going to be more evil than my evil novel  that I wrote above and let me talk about the words " side Scandal" hey old guy it the mean important  point here to us you are the side story here   

Dont dare to mess with this two 

d6czhu3-a43cb510-0a63-4207-b7ca-670968c5

I have to ask this question  who send the cancer  patient to Cyh 

Is that the prosecutor??

Or the ex minster????

I can't even trust my own thought now, I said the prosecutor will send her but after she there It keep bother me the ex minster too 

:confounded: dont tell my I will have to make the prosecutor friend fighting against the ex minster by the end 

I dont know who the evil and who the good now ?? If the ex minster was planned something that mean the prosecutor wasn't totally wrong 

P.s. chief min  dont look like she that bad in ep 9 she told Cyh to not get involved in her husband life decision to protect him , she doesn't seem like want to harm him it use him in that way( hope so she sy mother after all and I had enough with  people trying to destroy this ship) 

So in the red corner, we have our golden couple, Yo Han and Si Young going against in the blue corner, team medium boss consists of obsessive prosecutor and creepy nurse, plus team ultimate mastermind aka the evildoer, Dr. Stalkalot and his minion, 2 faced lawyer.  I almost laughed out loud when Dr. Stalkalot started this almost evil laugh. 

Things are converging maybe to a climax.  We have our heroine's confession pending on our Romeo's ultimate confession but at the same time his illness is on active mode.  Meanwhile team medium boss believes "it's time" for revenge and the mastermind Dr. Stalkalot says stuff like, "he's ready" before letting out an almost evil laugh.  Our golden couple is being attacked on all fronts.  One can only hope love conquers them all and I get to see my ultimate confession, then hopefully some sweet time together, being lovers, being husband and wife.  That's all I care about.  I think I've been saying that like 100x already and I'll continue to whine until the cows come home.

It is really time that Yo Han should rely on his woman and she's more than capable to support him.  The hero is down so naturally, his woman should take over the wheel and drives the course.  "Buckle your seat belt, I'm driving", Si Young said.  I expect some major @$$ kicking.  

*edit*

2 moments of teleportation:

1.  Yo Han and Si Young flew into the elevator safely before the reporter found them.

2.  Yo Han suddenly came out of nowhere and appeared right in front of Si Young's house just seconds after the lawyer took off.  I was trying to find out where he was hiding in the shadows but failed. 

Jokes aside, there was so much yearning and long, so much so that I would have titled the first part, longing and yearning.  Yo Han didn't respond but at the same time kept looking at Si Young with those yearning lovers eyes when she's looking and not looking.  He tried to keep himself from running to her.  Then after he found he was sick, he completely distanced himself from her.  This is giving my heart a lot of pain.  I was squirming in pain.  I hope next ep will give me something real good to keep me survive until next round.  Can Dr. Cha see me squirming and crawling in pain on the ground?  You're killing me here.

Archived