Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

Congratul;ations for Yoon Chan Young for winning "Best Young Actor"

ENHfs8aXUAAW0Sd.jpg

Congratulations to Lee Se Young for winning "Excellence Award"

ENH1GRWWkAMXsKo.jpg

• Love 2

After reading some recommendation about this drama, i basically binged on it these few days. For a medical drama, i liked the fact that it focused on the less popular anesthesiologists than the ever dramatic surgeons. It also attempted to explore the subject of euthanasia, which is generally a taboo subject. Unfortunately the drama is also romance heavy. You won't believe how many times i fast forwardes scene with the 2 leads staring into each others eyes. 

Imho, this is a drama that didn't need any romantic plot. Instead of a girl-guy lead it will also work with a girl-girl/guy-guy lead. And change the leads' dynamic into mentor-student kind of setting. 

Anyhow, here are my findings after speeding through the drama:

1. Cha yohan=cha dohyun. I think ji sung as one of the most seasoned actors in dramaland. But his performance here isn't his best. He has been there done that. I wish he was more distant. 

2. Lead girl has a perpetual frown on her face. I don't know the actress. She isn't too bad but the character lacked firmness. 

3. I preferred the 2nd couple over the first even though they had a weird way of bonding. 

4. I wondered why the selected setting of the coma doctor's incident was a climbing trip. Why not something like a fall during hiking/cycling? If you remembered the climbing scene it was a really steep climb and i no man would survive that fall. 

5. No one wants lee kyuhyung to be a bad guy. I was curious about him in stranger, loved him in life and looking forward to hi bye mama. 

6. Lead girl was reminded to tie her shoes because a doctor must be ready run. But later as she matures, she upgraded to stilettos. 

7. That huge expensive hospital doesn't have good pa system. Otherwise the actress's son may be found sooner. 

8. The doctors/staff of hospital does not have group chat. Refer #7. 

9. Patients suffer while the doctors stare into each other's eyes. 

10. I am annoyed by the lead actress's hair. Is that medium or long length?? 

There are so many other things that bothers me in this drama. But maybe they have been discussed in earlier post. I can only say that of all medical dramas i've watched, this has the least desirable hospital forme. 

• Like 1

I read that they are working to made DrJohn season 2.

Doctor John 2 is a drama set in response to the continuing demands of many viewers who watched Season 1, a human medical anesthetic pain medicine drama that provided viewers with another turning point. It seems to unfold into the next story after the last last prescription. It is a story that will deal with anesthesiology and pain medicine, scheduled for the second half of 2020. The actors are currently in consultation and the sbs is trying to organize. -sbs drama officials-

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/의사_요한_2