[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

Just started watching this drama.  So far so good!  But the scene where the young doctor (or intern?) made the sign of the cross in mockery was distasteful.  In another recent drama they had this woman wearing the hibaj in one episode (in her home) and going without in public. 

The sign of the cross is a prayer in itself.   Women wear the hijab after reflection and there is usually a ceremony\prayer when they decide to wear it.

I hope the Korean writers will not blindly ape the west who love to mock all religions.  Let's be sensitive to all races and religions.  

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, larus said:

I read that they are working to made DrJohn season 2.

Doctor John 2 is a drama set in response to the continuing demands of many viewers who watched Season 1, a human medical anesthetic pain medicine drama that provided viewers with another turning point. It seems to unfold into the next story after the last last prescription. It is a story that will deal with anesthesiology and pain medicine, scheduled for the second half of 2020. The actors are currently in consultation and the sbs is trying to organize. -sbs drama officials-

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/의사_요한_2

If this news is true I'll be the happiest. This is a really good drama and the actors did a great job too, especially the male lead. He's such an amazing actor

27 minutes ago, serendipity... said:

If this news is true I'll be the happiest. This is a really good drama and the actors did a great job too, especially the male lead. He's such an amazing actor

But with the latest world problem I don`t know when or if it will be come true. We`ll see. 

Archived