[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

Anyway i think the female lead’s acting is quite awesome. I don’t remember seeing her before in drama though.

She is really good.  I have felt sure I had seen her in some drama but could not recall, so I looked her up:  she played the zombie girl in Hwayugi!  For me, she was one of the highlights of that drama, and I thought she was just amazing.  She looks so different in Dr. John (perhaps it's the hair color) but I'm expecting she will put on another power-house performance the way she did as a zombie.  

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone  I missed  all of you 

I stooped  myself watching live screen  dramas for months , since  I got so much disappoint  lately and moreover  I was busy so I have to stop my self from drama-land  for  a while but  here I am seeing ji sung  having a new drama and moreover  a medical  one and I couldn't to stop myself  checking  it ( I get to know ji sung from his new heart drama couldnt  stop myself  seeing him in another doctor version) 

I know I shouldn't  do that , it ji sung after all he can take any drama  to high level it not like  I didn't know that I will be forced  again to watch it live  but what to do?? It is hard to not take a look 

And here I am backing to live watching , written  in soompi  .... wow that man can rock  any role  I cant stop love him more  with any new  character  he won over himself each time 

Ji sung  from the first eps you  make me crazy , I cant wait to see more episodes i cant wait to see him with other characters he even make me want romance line now ,  

Lee se young  not bad too she had a great scene, I can understand  the different  between  her situation  and john  situation  , john  it been 3 years after  what he did and we dont know if he had break down too at first , it was his choice even when there was other options but Lee se young character  it  maybe happen to her recently  , I think it her dad too , and she was like forced  to do that when there was no other choices  and they were in isolated  place 

I know Lee se young not strong actor  like ji sung  who can act with his body, eyes  and face before words , and she lucked the face and eyes  impact  but I think she going to do a good job  and she has ji sung to complete  the missing parts  he already  make us think of love line with the way he act in the scene with her, . And more important make all the strong scene till now 

Ahh  I am going to scold  myself later  but I know it will be worth  that 

4 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

So i started this drama and im living it but how is he able to return as a doctor if he has a criminal record/murdered someone.. 

I dont know the law in South Korea but usually  in many place canceling  your doctor license mean you cant practice  the medical  act ( cant cure, make surgery and other doctor stuff) 

But it doesn't  cancel  your degree  as doctor  in paper  or in working in other medical field like teaching medicine  course, making  research, helping other doctor In  Theoretical way so yes he can back as professor  or teacher or advising  as long as he cant deal with patients  alone or be the one who  do the practice  part or even deal directly with patients  without another license  doctore has the upper  hand  

So maybe that his situation  now , 

or there other way in law for him to get it back.  after all canceling something dont mean you not allowed  to have it again from the start or in other short  but harder way 

You can practice.  You need to be struck off the register for you to stop practicing.  It’s up to the medical board to decide if you stay on the register or not.  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9768618/Nearly-1000-doctors-and-surgeons-have-criminal-records.html

@thistle I adore SeYoung.  Like you she was the only reason I persevered in Hwayugi.  When her character died, I bailed.  :lol:  Her most recent drama was Clowned Crown with Yeo JinGoo.  Loved her in that too.

EDIT - From the character chart it looks like the sisters will be pitted against each other.  Dr Lee will take MiRae under his wing (He mentioned he’s a Fellow - in medical speak that means he’s finished his ‘Residency’ and studying/qualifying for his sub specialty which looks to be Anesthesiology - so he is able to mentor residents under him).  Dr YoHan will take SiYoung.  And since Lee and YoHan are already not seeing eye to eye on things, their charges will probably be dragged into the melee as well.  I wonder where the mother sits in all this.  She seems a rather cold clinical woman, so she may well just let them fight it out in the arena. :o  On the other hand, she needs to be seen as being impartial otherwise people will inevitably “talk” and claim that her children made it through because of ties with her (being Director of Anesthesiology) rather than on their own merit.

EDIT2 - the other thing of note is remember how YoHan mentioned that the topic of euthanasia is one that divides the medical fraternity?  He’s right there. So depending on what actually transpired in that case, he will have advocates on both sides.  Those who believe he did the wrong thing and those who believe he did the right thing. The patient could’ve been living in untold pain which no drugs can alleviate.  Would it be kinder to send him off now or let him die a “natural” but pain ridden death?  It will be interesting to see how this drama explores this topic.  

15 hours ago, 12blbl said:

CYH looked shaken when SY crying and telling him that she couldn’t save her patient or someone from her flash back. After that he looked her from the window quite long time. Romance line ? :wub: or he only felt she was similar to him regarding their despair from their past. Anyway i think the female lead’s acting is quite awesome. I don’t remember seeing her before in drama though.

She's a child actress so she had many experiences. You should watch her in Hwayugi, The Crowned Clown, The Best Hit and The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor. She nailed every role that she played.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:28 PM, ForgottenSoulx said:

So i started this drama and im living it but how is he able to return as a doctor if he has a criminal record/murdered someone.. 

Probably his licence was not cancelled, or his licence reinstated again after he served his term in prison, because the medical society deemed his action not necessarily required permanent licence cancellation??

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

Probably his licence was not cancelled, or his licence reinstated again after he served his term in prison, because the medical society deemed his action not necessarily required permanent licence cancellation??

it will be a big problem if he treat someone without license

On 7/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, 12blbl said:

Did they cancel his licence?  Strike him off the board?  It’s 2 separate things.  The law can punish and the board can still keep you on the register.  Whether the board deems you are worthy to practice after you come out of prison is up to them to decide.  In reality, Doctors get sued all the time.  Their public liability insurance premiums are high.  Surgeons who have patients die on them get sued by families who think they didn’t do enough or did the wrong thing etc.  They get taken to court and the law decides there between the 2 parties.  It doesn’t necessarily mean that the doctor then loses his licence to practise if the law swings in favor of the patient/family.  That depends on the Medical Board to decide if he/she can still continue to practise regardless.  Sometimes all they do is give you a warning to shape up and let you continue to practise.

I think the guy who visited his son (?) in the columbarium is a Prosecutor?  He seems to out to ruin YoHan and make sure he never gets to practise again...maybe wanting even more than that...wishing he suffers for the rest of his life.

YoHan reminds me of Dr Gregory House in the American series “House”.  I liked Dr House.  Really eccentric and radical but brilliant :lol:.

I just finished  watching it raw 

I have to say one things chy look so happy to be back to the hospital like a child coming home after a long trip  but he looked he was nervous  too , he just hide it under his knowledge  character  and  playful  manner 

That scene when go into the room and every doctors look at him with unlike  look

he was nervous  for second  but hide it after seeing Sy there   I think that just like he helped  her to have courage  to come back she  also helped  him to have the same courage  it just she doesn't  know yet since he hide his fear and  weakness under show off mask, 

Back to work with other not easy to him even when he dont show that he really  not comfortable  with other look and treatment to him

It seem their meeting that day  was impact in both their life 

On 7/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, 12blbl said:

I just watched last night’s Ep and you were partially right.  He was reinstated (meaning he “lost” it and when he appealed, he was resinstated (got it back)).  So he’s allowed to practise but probably on probation...hence the warning by Chief Min (I like her, she’s kinda cool - her earring :lol:...not something you’d see in a ‘normal’ older doctor).  I like how they are exploring the big issues doctors face - life and death.  The snap judgement calls.  Kinda worrying that there were so many Doctors in a hospital around a patient with respiratory arrest with no confidence to intubate :mellow:... but I will suspend my belief for JiSung’s sake.  He is mesmerising as YoHan.

Archived