[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, nona88 said:

an i say that I missed  CYH crazy , arrogant  and bossy  personality  from the prison.....

Sadly, I have to admit to this, too.  That was when CYH was acting precisely like my dangerous ex-boyfriend.  So bad and yet so attractive. Or, worse, maybe attractive because it's bad.  Oh my goodness.  

(And that, dear people, is the reason I refuse to date any more.  If I am in a room with 100 nice guys and 1 Evil B*ztrd,  the EvilB and I will find each other immediately and I won't even notice any of the nice guys.  Bad guys are too tempting.....but they are also very bad for my heart.  Sometimes a girl has to have enough sense to stop herself before she goes wrong yet Again.) 

I actually questioned whether I should watch this drama because of what  CYH was like at first, and I still think he's too tempting. :sweatingbullets::D

23 minutes ago, nona88 said:

I  still waiting for the hand scene I hope they didn't  deleted  it but will be like flashback  in ep 

I like how sweet CYH   face and smile  in it 

And it will be a signful  scene for both of them 

I'm hoping for this scene, too.  Even though I loved it when CYH was all haughty and difficult.

.....but I have a horrible feeling that he has a woman in his past who will come back, and that be awful because SY already has so much other unhappiness in her life.

10 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sarang21 , @Lawyerh & @sushilicious

I will be like this too :joy::mrgreen:

I can’t believe it  , I touched his hand :yum:

Wait a minute.  Where are these pictures from?  They cut the hands holding scene?  Why oh why.  I shall cry nine rivers.  :bawling:  Please don't cut romantic scenes of my ship.  I want moar. 

5 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Wait a minute.  Where are these pictures from?  They cut the hands holding scene?  Why oh why.  I shall cry nine rivers.  :bawling:  Please don't cut romantic scenes of my ship.  I want moar. 

Since the stairs seem to be her chosen place to go have a big weep, maybe this is just another crying time that we haven't seen yet.  Don't worry yet.  :)

6 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hi! I was reading the plot. It sounds interesting. Does anyone want to share their thoughts on the drama?

My thoughts?  

• It's a great drama.
  • It has interesting realistic characters.
  • The storyline leaves you wanting to know what will happen next.
  • And it leaves you wondering what has happened in the past to bring them to this point.
  • The cast is doing a great job at making us "believe" in what we are watching.
  • And, oh yeah by the way, the ML is absolutely superior Eye Candy.  ;)

Thus, I'd say:  watch it!  

Yeah I was waiting for that scene too @Ameera Ali.  And like @thistle I don’t think it’s happened yet.  I get the feeling the enormity of what she did in the last ep will hit her like a brick (her mom stopped CPR when SiYoung said the dad was in pain).  Presumably it means he may well end up dying.  So SiYoung would’ve been the one who was seen to have “given up” and let him die?  She will have to live with the consequences of that statement of hers.  Anyway when she falls to pieces I am sure CYH will be there to help pick her up again. :)

1 hour ago, thistle said:

My thoughts?  

• It's a great drama.
  • And it leaves you wondering what has happened in the past to bring them to this point.

Thank  you for sharing your thoughts. I loved reading them. I think I'm going to watch this drama. I'm on episode 1. And you said there's Eye Candy! Wooo! I need to see this! 

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah I was waiting for that scene too @Ameera Ali.  And like @thistle I don’t think it’s happened yet.  I get the feeling the enormity of what she did in the last ep will hit her like a brick (her mom stopped CPR when SiYoung said the dad was in pain).  Presumably it means he may well end up dying.  So SiYoung would’ve been the one who was seen to have “given up” and let him die?  She will have to live with the consequences of that statement of hers.  Anyway when she falls to pieces I am sure CYH will be there to help pick her up again. :)

I am still thinking it happen before she go to her father room , it's WHEN CYH help her to stand up and go to the room , he give her the courage to go there by offering  his hand to her 

If they don't cut this scene , so or we going to see it at the start of ep 5 as the full scene before she go to the room or later as flashback  from SY OR CYH 

Anyway  if it after or before her dad room I don't really care  I just  still want to see it , I found the still's of  it before ep 4 airing  and I was looking forward to see ( no cut scene please :bawling:

5 hours ago, thistle said:

11 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hi! I was reading the plot. It sounds interesting. Does anyone want to share their thoughts on the drama?

My thoughts?  

• It's a great drama.

I join my voice it a great drama , most watched  cant see how much it great from every side 

@nona88 , @Shinobu @thistle I hope too isn’t cut scene, in resource it’s say new stills , so I am hopeful :) their scene is electric with each other I want to see more of it :blush:

I get the feeling the enormity of what she did in the last ep will hit her like a brick (her mom stopped CPR when SiYoung said the dad was in pain).  Presumably it means he may well end up dying.  So SiYoung would’ve been the one who was seen to have “given up” and let him die?  She will have to live with the consequences of that statement of hers.  Anyway when she falls to pieces I am sure CYH will be there to help pick her up again. :)

I hope she don’t resent him for it , if the mean sister blames her for , as it seem the sister always blame her for everything. 

@Sarang21 I don’t think I would let go of his hand to have chance to wash it :mrgreen::sweat_smile: 

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I hope she don’t resent him for it , if the mean sister blames her for , as it seem the sister always blame her for everything. 

I think the sis will cause trouble for SY, she might resent her even more after SY 'gave up' on their father. Maybe she'll get a redemption arc where she has to face a similar situation where her patient dies or something like that so that she can understand what SY went through. I'd say that so far none of the residents where all too mean to SY, even her sis. I get that she might be angry at SY and blame her for what happened but we weren't shown that she's a horrible person. I can understand where her feeling of resentment came from, it seems more like a coping mechanism more than anything truly malicious. The show kinda implied that there might be romance between SY's sis and that cute doc (forgot his name), so hopefully she'll move on from the incident with their dad.

16 minutes ago, nateko said:

I think the sis will cause trouble for SY, she might resent her even more after SY 'gave up' on their father. Maybe she'll get a redemption arc where she has to face a similar situation where her patient dies or something like that so that she can understand what SY went through. I'd say that so far none of the residents where all too mean to SY, even her sis. I get that she might be angry at SY and blame her for what happened but we weren't shown that she's a horrible person. I can understand where her feeling of resentment came from, it seems more like a coping mechanism more than anything truly malicious. The show kinda implied that there might be romance between SY's sis and that cute doc (forgot his name), so hopefully she'll move on from the incident with their dad.

I got that feeling too after I saw her reaction in the room. 

By the way, are both of them real sisters or step sisters? Their first name ending is not the same ( usually in a korean family, siblings have the same first ending name like Hye In or Jeon In).

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

I got that feeling too after I saw her reaction in the room. 

By the way, are both of them real sisters or step sisters? Their first name ending is not the same ( usually in a korean family, siblings have the same first ending name like Hye In or Jeon In).

Not lately  before there was so many do that but right now it not always  like this 

They do have the same last  name Kang  

But i dont know if they are a sister or step sister, but no matter what the sister blame SY for being so much emotional  with patients  and she forget that when we face family it different 

@nateko

She was in that room crying cant even answer your aunt  question  lost in sadness  and fear even when your father in the best hospital and so many around him but you still frozen  cant do anything or decided  anything so how SY felt  being in that situation  alone with her father without help in isolated place??? 

The sister can't be brave like SY and decide something she could talk in that room and tell them to continue but she fear to take the decision but she blame her sister that childish,but understood ,  family like this 

SY  was the star of the family the one that everyone have high hope for her so even the sister  couldn't  accept  she will failed  or be weak or make mistake , it kind of join feeling of jealous  and admiration to SY , as high the admiration go as high the disappointment  and refusing the reality go 

I dont think she going to be so bad to her SY , but she going to blame her for a while, losing someone we love make some do that they cover their sadness  by hating or blaming something or someone just like the why CYH being hunted  from the nurse  and the other guy 

I think she going to be sad and angry at SY but not so bad or evil , she has  a soft heart like we saw with the cat scene and she has the cute doctor to help her overcome  her feelings 

11 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank  you for sharing your thoughts. I loved reading them. I think I'm going to watch this drama. I'm on episode 1. And you said there's Eye Candy! Wooo! I need to see this

I'm glad you're joining us.  :)

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

The sister can't be brave like SY and decide something she could talk in that room and tell them to continue but she fear to take the decision but she blame her sister that childish,but understood ,  family like this 

This is so painfully true.  Family is exactly like this.   I remember clearly the problems I had with my family when my mother died.

SY cries alone in the stairwell.  Her sister Mi Rae wails loudly in front of everyone, and she will surely accuse SY of not caring.  

I think it was the grandma in Just Between Lovers who said these wise words:  If someone cries louder, it doesn't mean they are in more pain than you.  That will be true here, too.

I'm counting on Uncle to do the match making for the lovebirds.  He was so sharp and bold to ask Dr. Cha to take care of Dr. Kang so early in the game.  And the implication here is taking care of her for the rest of her life.  Naturally Dr. Cha isn't ready to make such a commitment but it is clear he really cares for her.  I think she may be the first one he shared his true feelings about his past.  So they established a connection and bonded.  I like to see a time when he relies on her. 

I know Jisung is a good looking man and a good actor but I'm not attracted to him.  And for the actress, I only saw her back in Dae Jang Geum days.  I do like them both but not to the point where I seek out their dramas to watch.  I did try to watch their dramas separately and I didn't care much for those.  Here when they're together, they produce fireworks with their amazing chemistry.  This partnership just clicked, as far as I'm concerned.  So I really hope it will be an all out sweet romance or else I'll be really mad that they waste this chance.

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

I'm counting on Uncle to do the match making for the lovebirds.  He was so sharp and bold to ask Dr. Cha to take care of Dr. Kang so early in the game.  And the implication here is taking care of her for the rest of her life.  Naturally Dr. Cha isn't ready to make such a commitment but it is clear he really cares for her.  I think she may be the first one he shared his true feelings about his past.  So they established a connection and bonded.  I like to see a time when he relies on her. 

I know Jisung is a good looking man and a good actor but I'm not attracted to him.  And for the actress, I only saw her back in Dae Jang Geum days.  I do like them both but not to the point where I seek out their dramas to watch.  I did try to watch their dramas separately and I didn't care much for those.  Here when they're together, they produce fireworks with their amazing chemistry.  This partnership just clicked, as far as I'm concerned.  So I really hope it will be an all out sweet romance or else I'll be really mad that they waste this chance.

LET Me be clear about this i don't ask for romance in every drama i watch i watch so many other Asian  and other country dramas from all the world  without any little bit  romance , my fav is crime and mystery one

but what i hate the most when they played on the romance  line teasing us and not giving us anything in the end that i refuse that,  i don't mind non at all but not playing with viewer:rage:

so back to this drama i didn't think there will be romance when i start it but the amazing chemistry in ep 1 make me hope for one but it was only my hope , but hell no after ep 3 and 4 it not my hope, my though or imagining it  what they give us:flushed:,  it the clearly romance here they shown that, it not misunderstanding from our side they clearly giving in early romance building so early that maybe hints for big problem coming on but i will be ready for that

but i refuse to be ready that will be no romance after all that if you going to be mad i am going to lose it i just come back to watch drama live after months of saying to myself "" i will never do that to myself again i cant trust drama and get heartbroken again " so yeh it not will be just a waste it will be a totally wrong for me 

and about the uncle i like him anyway from the start he was man you would like how he treat the broken SY and how he handle the crazy CYH and how he really care for the the other prisoners , and sure being the  match making make him have more points from me :heart:  he really worry about SY that why he asked CYH to look after her and take care of her since he will be working with her and he will be her professor  the uncle afraid she will have another break down again since she back to hospital if anything happen with another patient , but why i have to be so logic , yeh you right he was asking him to take care of her for ever :smirk:, the words always ending like this in Korean dramas if the uncle mean it or not , don't worry actually  think CYH more then ready it seem to me he the one who is aware more about how this ship going to be , i think CYH like SY already he just not bushing it since it so soon , my only fear he going to hide his feeling since he worry about her from that evil guy who will appear again to hunt him and everyone around him :heartbreak:

2 hours ago, thistle said:

This is so painfully true.  Family is exactly like this.   I remember clearly the problems I had with my family when my mother died.

SY cries alone in the stairwell.  Her sister Mi Rae wails loudly in front of everyone, and she will surely accuse SY of not caring.  

I think it was the grandma in Just Between Lovers who said these wise words:  If someone cries louder, it doesn't mean they are in more pain than you.  That will be true here, too.

yes sadly

i liked this  words so much  it from the really life

but as i said i am not so worry about the sister she maybe hurt SY feeling for a while but she will not do evil and mean things at least that what i think 

i am more scared of the evil nurse and prosecutor  this two creep me so much they going to do more crazy things than to just say it evil i think they ready to risk other life for their revenge plot :skull:

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

LET Me be clear about this i don't ask for romance in every drama i watch i watch so many other Asian  and other country dramas from all the world  without any little bit  romance , my fav is crime and mystery one

but what i hate the most when they played on the romance  line teasing us and not giving us anything in the end that i refuse that,  i don't mind non at all but not playing with viewer:rage:

so back to this drama i didn't think there will be romance when i start it but the amazing chemistry in ep 1 make me hope for one but it was only my hope , but hell no after ep 3 and 4 it not my hope, my though or imagining it  what they give us:flushed:,  it the clearly romance here they shown that, it not misunderstanding from our side they clearly giving in early romance building so early that maybe hints for big problem coming on but i will be ready for that

but i refuse to be ready that will be no romance after all that if you going to be mad i am going to lose it i just come back to watch drama live after months of saying to myself "" i will never do that to myself again i cant trust drama and get heartbroken again " so yeh it not will be just a waste it will be a totally wrong for me 

and about the uncle i like him anyway from the start he was man you would like how he treat the broken SY and how he handle the crazy CYH and how he really care for the the other prisoners , and sure being the  match making make him have more points from me :heart:  he really worry about SY that why he asked CYH to look after her and take care of her since he will be working with her and he will be her professor  the uncle afraid she will have another break down again since she back to hospital if anything happen with another patient , but why i have to be so logic , yeh you right he was asking him to take care of her for ever :smirk:, the words always ending like this in Korean dramas if the uncle mean it or not , don't worry actually  think CYH more then ready it seem to me he the one who is aware more about how this ship going to be , i think CYH like SY already he just not bushing it since it so soon , my only fear he going to hide his feeling since he worry about her from that evil guy who will appear again to hunt him and everyone around him :heartbreak:

When an elder man holds a younger man's hand while asking him to take care of his friend's daughter, you know it's serious business.  Dr. Cha picked it up right away and refused.  I get that he's an eccentric lone wolf with OCD and other issues.  He can't be bothered with relationships.  I see they're sharing an umbrella in the preview.  Ah, the symbolism in that. :P

Archived