Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

I'm counting on Uncle to do the match making for the lovebirds.  He was so sharp and bold to ask Dr. Cha to take care of Dr. Kang so early in the game.  And the implication here is taking care of her for the rest of her life.  Naturally Dr. Cha isn't ready to make such a commitment but it is clear he really cares for her.  I think she may be the first one he shared his true feelings about his past.  So they established a connection and bonded.  I like to see a time when he relies on her. 

I know Jisung is a good looking man and a good actor but I'm not attracted to him.  And for the actress, I only saw her back in Dae Jang Geum days.  I do like them both but not to the point where I seek out their dramas to watch.  I did try to watch their dramas separately and I didn't care much for those.  Here when they're together, they produce fireworks with their amazing chemistry.  This partnership just clicked, as far as I'm concerned.  So I really hope it will be an all out sweet romance or else I'll be really mad that they waste this chance.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

I'm counting on Uncle to do the match making for the lovebirds.  He was so sharp and bold to ask Dr. Cha to take care of Dr. Kang so early in the game.  And the implication here is taking care of her for the rest of her life.  Naturally Dr. Cha isn't ready to make such a commitment but it is clear he really cares for her.  I think she may be the first one he shared his true feelings about his past.  So they established a connection and bonded.  I like to see a time when he relies on her. 

I know Jisung is a good looking man and a good actor but I'm not attracted to him.  And for the actress, I only saw her back in Dae Jang Geum days.  I do like them both but not to the point where I seek out their dramas to watch.  I did try to watch their dramas separately and I didn't care much for those.  Here when they're together, they produce fireworks with their amazing chemistry.  This partnership just clicked, as far as I'm concerned.  So I really hope it will be an all out sweet romance or else I'll be really mad that they waste this chance.

LET Me be clear about this i don't ask for romance in every drama i watch i watch so many other Asian  and other country dramas from all the world  without any little bit  romance , my fav is crime and mystery one

but what i hate the most when they played on the romance  line teasing us and not giving us anything in the end that i refuse that,  i don't mind non at all but not playing with viewer:rage:

so back to this drama i didn't think there will be romance when i start it but the amazing chemistry in ep 1 make me hope for one but it was only my hope , but hell no after ep 3 and 4 it not my hope, my though or imagining it  what they give us:flushed:,  it the clearly romance here they shown that, it not misunderstanding from our side they clearly giving in early romance building so early that maybe hints for big problem coming on but i will be ready for that

but i refuse to be ready that will be no romance after all that if you going to be mad i am going to lose it i just come back to watch drama live after months of saying to myself "" i will never do that to myself again i cant trust drama and get heartbroken again " so yeh it not will be just a waste it will be a totally wrong for me 

and about the uncle i like him anyway from the start he was man you would like how he treat the broken SY and how he handle the crazy CYH and how he really care for the the other prisoners , and sure being the  match making make him have more points from me :heart:  he really worry about SY that why he asked CYH to look after her and take care of her since he will be working with her and he will be her professor  the uncle afraid she will have another break down again since she back to hospital if anything happen with another patient , but why i have to be so logic , yeh you right he was asking him to take care of her for ever :smirk:, the words always ending like this in Korean dramas if the uncle mean it or not , don't worry actually  think CYH more then ready it seem to me he the one who is aware more about how this ship going to be , i think CYH like SY already he just not bushing it since it so soon , my only fear he going to hide his feeling since he worry about her from that evil guy who will appear again to hunt him and everyone around him :heartbreak:

2 hours ago, thistle said:

This is so painfully true.  Family is exactly like this.   I remember clearly the problems I had with my family when my mother died.

SY cries alone in the stairwell.  Her sister Mi Rae wails loudly in front of everyone, and she will surely accuse SY of not caring.  

I think it was the grandma in Just Between Lovers who said these wise words:  If someone cries louder, it doesn't mean they are in more pain than you.  That will be true here, too.

yes sadly

i liked this  words so much  it from the really life

but as i said i am not so worry about the sister she maybe hurt SY feeling for a while but she will not do evil and mean things at least that what i think 

i am more scared of the evil nurse and prosecutor  this two creep me so much they going to do more crazy things than to just say it evil i think they ready to risk other life for their revenge plot :skull:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

LET Me be clear about this i don't ask for romance in every drama i watch i watch so many other Asian  and other country dramas from all the world  without any little bit  romance , my fav is crime and mystery one

but what i hate the most when they played on the romance  line teasing us and not giving us anything in the end that i refuse that,  i don't mind non at all but not playing with viewer:rage:

so back to this drama i didn't think there will be romance when i start it but the amazing chemistry in ep 1 make me hope for one but it was only my hope , but hell no after ep 3 and 4 it not my hope, my though or imagining it  what they give us:flushed:,  it the clearly romance here they shown that, it not misunderstanding from our side they clearly giving in early romance building so early that maybe hints for big problem coming on but i will be ready for that

but i refuse to be ready that will be no romance after all that if you going to be mad i am going to lose it i just come back to watch drama live after months of saying to myself "" i will never do that to myself again i cant trust drama and get heartbroken again " so yeh it not will be just a waste it will be a totally wrong for me 

and about the uncle i like him anyway from the start he was man you would like how he treat the broken SY and how he handle the crazy CYH and how he really care for the the other prisoners , and sure being the  match making make him have more points from me :heart:  he really worry about SY that why he asked CYH to look after her and take care of her since he will be working with her and he will be her professor  the uncle afraid she will have another break down again since she back to hospital if anything happen with another patient , but why i have to be so logic , yeh you right he was asking him to take care of her for ever :smirk:, the words always ending like this in Korean dramas if the uncle mean it or not , don't worry actually  think CYH more then ready it seem to me he the one who is aware more about how this ship going to be , i think CYH like SY already he just not bushing it since it so soon , my only fear he going to hide his feeling since he worry about her from that evil guy who will appear again to hunt him and everyone around him :heartbreak:

When an elder man holds a younger man's hand while asking him to take care of his friend's daughter, you know it's serious business.  Dr. Cha picked it up right away and refused.  I get that he's an eccentric lone wolf with OCD and other issues.  He can't be bothered with relationships.  I see they're sharing an umbrella in the preview.  Ah, the symbolism in that. :P

• Like 10

We have a new still's doctor CYH appearing in TV programs in the hospital  too :hushed:so is he back to build  his old fame and  power?  ( I like to see that how he act as the famous past him :kiss_wink: )

he maybe not the best social  person  but still he has his own ways to survive the hospital power fight before and now  it not easy on Korean hospital as far as all the medical dramas show , politics and power more important than talents  if he survived in the past that mean  in addition to his  super talent he had his own way to gain power 

Fighting CYH:thumbsup:

2019080101000005500165241_20190731084813 Source

P.s. they said he was TV star before the accident  3 years ago 

• Like 12

Every time when the case is over John and Shi Young talk to others and it always makes me suspicious and wonder who is the next patient going to be lol. Then I see the sparks flying between this two and I just forgot about it haha.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Posted (edited)

Side question 

when and why SY going to cut her hair?? 

I like it long too I am not saying i want it be short  but all the teaser  and all poster is with her short hair , they made the posters after starting filming so yeh isn't that mean she has to cut it at some point ( right now it faked hair  anyway??)

I am just asking since changing style  usually  connect  to major event  or time jump  !!

at first  I though she going to cut it after going back to the hospital since there was few months between  meeting CYH for the first time and second time, after that  I though it going to happen after her father death but look from the preview  she still with the same  hair  after that 

so is that going even to happen?? When and why?? Usually they filmed  till  some of ep 6 scene before airing  so if that going to happen it will be soon so I am worry about why?? 

okay  I worry for many useless  things right :sweat_smile: it there fault I need a new still of SY And CYH and I need ep 5-6 fast 

It maybe happen easy without any reason but here I am worry about what the meaning of change of hair  

5 hours ago, thistle said:

Is it Friday yet? ;)

yeh where are Friday  day csbt we have daily  episodes!!!:unamused:

Edited by nona88
  • Like 7

Edit : more BHS video  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

I don't like it , I dont like him even get close to her, he creepy  even without so many scene till now he just give the creepy evil vibe ( good acting for the actor) but still dont like it :bawling:

2019080201000058200000641_20190801084114

Spoiler

95281_185729_4318.jpg

Source

That creepy and nasty  way he looking at her :no_mouth: and why you getting close to her like this :rage: he give me the feeling of wild animal  looking at his future food :fearful:

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

On 7/30/2019 at 12:21 PM, thistle said:

I'm glad you're joining us:)

Thank you! You’re so welcoming! :wub: 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I'm hunting for interviews and bts but I don't see too many of those. :(

• Like 6

The chemistry between Lee Se Young and Ji Sung is amazing.

I love the conversations dealing with healing or killing the patient. It's quite captivating and it leaves you thinking about it.

Didn't expect to tear up twice in the last two episodes. Oh the pathos is definitely strong for me. Anyone out there with the tissues, too?

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I'm hunting for interviews and bts but I don't see too many of those. :(

Usually  you can find this videos  in the office  YouTube channel  for  SBS like SBS  drams ,sbs now , Sbs catch ...

1 hour ago, ponderings said:

I love the conversations dealing with healing or killing the patient. It's quite captivating and it leaves you thinking about it.

Didn't expect to tear up twice in the last two episodes. Oh the pathos is definitely strong for me. Anyone out there with the tissues, too?

Yeh their chemistry  so great 

And their scenes together  is so strong and  hight  emotional  level 

It interesting  conversation  each time,  it has many views  of the same case and left  you have open mind to choice  your  own view on it 

No force views  , no  one justice and no one line of event 

I like it so much but I still dont need tissue till now maybe later they will force me to use one 

I hope they dont cut the dad death scene so fast tomorrow  and give us the enough time to feel it with SY , MOTHER AND SISTER  reaction and sadness  I want some more moment in that room while  the father heart stop and after that I hope they dont think it to much for viewers  and give us that EMOTIONAL scene to feel it 

If they do this scene long and good enough I will need 3 box of tissue  but I dont mind I want it 

P.s. my only fear is the Korean viewer they tend to be so sensitive and complain about any sensitive issues  in drama in to much extremely way , I had my bad experience  of how they attack drama on little different  view taken it to court too

so  i hope the drama dont face that or have to not show so much cause if it 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 9

I initially thought, they would have no romance and even if they do, it will be implied off screen and subtle. The way I see it, with all the gazing into each others eyes, silently being there while one cries, sharing an umbrella, tying shoelace, we may get a watered down version of romance. I honestly do not mind that at all. The actors have great chemistry, why waste it.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, ponderings said:

That's me as well.  But I'm also kinda taking those conversations personally because (as I revealed earlier on this thread) I have had to make the decision to remove life support.  Listening to what JH has had to say has been very enlightening, and the scene where they talked "in a box" had a big impact on me.  This show has made me cry, too.

And, yeah, I love the chemistry.  They are both really talented actors who know how to fill a scene.  

• Like 8

NEW STILL'S  

DO YOU THINK THIS BOY HAVE SOMETHING LIKE CYH ABOUT NOT FEELING PAIN, HE CATCH CYH EYES FROM THE PREVIEW STANDING THERE NOT LOOKING IN PAIN EVEN WHEN HIS HAND WAS BLEEDING LIKE THIS 

LOOK AT CYH TEARFUL EYES 

201908020834338010_2.jpg   

201908020834338010_5.jpg

Spoiler

201908020834338010_3.jpg

201908020834338010_4.jpg 

SOURCE

• Like 8

There’s a difference between pain threshold and pain tolerance.  Pain thresholds are different for everyone as is pain tolerance.  Your pain threshold is when you actually FEEL the pain.  Your pain tolerance is how long you put up with the pain before you react.  And it can vary depending on the situations you are put in.  That’s why sometimes in traumatic situations, you can block out pain (not that you don’t feel it but because there are more important life/death things to worry about than a cut on your arm) and can tolerate more because you will need it to run from danger.  It’s only after the danger has past and reality sinks in that you actually start to feel the throb in your arm from the wound.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if that boy mentioned in the stills just has a high pain threshold and/or tolerance.  Or if he actually is like YoHan and can’t actually feel the pain at all which means his pain threshold can’t actually be measured.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

18 hours ago, nona88 said:

Usually  you can find this videos  in the office  YouTube channel  for  SBS like SBS  drams ,sbs now , Sbs catch ...

I exhausted all those options.  I was hoping the gang would go on some kind of variety show or something to promote the drama so I can watch it when I'm having withdrawals.  :D

17 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I initially thought, they would have no romance and even if they do, it will be implied off screen and subtle. The way I see it, with all the gazing into each others eyes, silently being there while one cries, sharing an umbrella, tying shoelace, we may get a watered down version of romance. I honestly do not mind that at all. The actors have great chemistry, why waste it.

I didn't pay attention to the stares in the first 2.5 eps because I didn't feel there was anything there.  The turning point was when Dr. Kang secretly stared at sleeping face Dr. Cha.  And I thought that wasn't even a big deal because it was more on her one sided crush seeing his handsome face up close and personal, feeling the attraction setting in after so many stares ago.  And Dr. Cha seemed nonchalant like he felt nothing at first.  But then his reaction afterward was pretty suspicious.  Cool Dr. Cha also danced his eyeballs just as much as Dr. Kang, looking so awkward.  I thought that was cute and confirmed Dr. Cha also felt something.  I was more interested in Dr. Cha's reactions because I wanted him to fall.  And he did.  He caught her running just by seeing a glimpse of her then looking all concerned, and he followed her, sitting there silently taking in her sorrow.  It was so subtle yet sweet and romantic somehow.  After that, all was history. 

Man, if they can increase those romantic screen time, that'll be awesome.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This drama brought to life a teenage fan side of me I never had :joy: I'm so smitten by JS that I just went and rewatched Familiar Wife and now rewatching Kill me Heal me all over again. Gosh, I never knew that I could fangirl so freaking much over an actor. Can't wait for the next episode, thankfully it's today.

On the topic of BTS, they've actually been posting some on YouTube. Here's what I found so far.

Spoiler

And here's the infamous scene, guess SBS channel editor is shipping them too :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3