[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, larus said:

It is what I understood also. After many years, Jenny`s gradfather was disapointed by his "daughter in law" and wanted her gone. Maybe he realised that she is very greedy,  not a good person but he never knew that Kim Yeo Ok is an imposter.

I supose that Dae-oh`s Chairman investigated his daughter in law`s past, knew about his estranged son. How it was explained that Kim Yeo Ok had an older son too? I think someone was helping imposter Kim Yeo Ok to hide the truth.

Who was her husband? I wish we find out more about her in the future episodes.

@lu09 and @larus, that’s my understanding as well. I agree with you that someone must have helped her hide the truth because surely there are people who knew the “real” couple if the Chairman investigated his estranged son’s wife and her past. However, it might also be that the Chairman was so upset with his son that he was determined not to know anything about him and now when they were about to reconcile the accident occurred and the Chairman was just grateful that his grandchildren survived. Added to that, the fake lady had the ring that was probably the son’s family heirloom and it was enough to assume that she was the wife.

In any case, I can’t wait to see Jenny take back her family’s inheritance. Her mom and sibling also died so unfairly. 

@Fabbo, I was so frustrated with cop mom that I found myself asking her if she doesn’t watch crime shows. And she’s a cop to boot. Aish. At least her daughter seem to have an intuitive sense for danger. I was surprised that she actually sensed that the guy in the alley was heading to her house and also had good sense to leave that police station and head to the prosecution office although, as usual, prosecutors in Kdrama are almost always dirt bags. 

Omo. I'm watching even though it's so makjang drama. See how long I can watch this.  I'll be honest, prohbably not even 10 eps. Well as long as I'm still enjoying storyline and arcs, I'll watch. :D

I actually  enjoyed it  first two episodes. I don't know the leads though but  I see Kim Tae Hoon (JH, husband of Jenny).

From the flashback, Jenny is the grand daughter  of the chairman of DEO. Her father is the estranged son of chairman. But I'm confused. In the other flashback SW and JJ/ DY was in the orphanage. Was she brought there after the accident then the impostor chairman took her in?

I also want to see more of JJ and JH. He's liked or love her since  teenage years. He's going to defy his impostor mother for JJ. Please no age gap romance with SW and JJ.  I just don't feel it. I'm not of fan except when characters fit each other/complement. I understand SW is devoted to JJ . Cried his heart out for his 'noona' when she left the orphanage. JJ trust him and and who can she trust but the one who has bveen there for her.

I laugh at the money being served on tray. YN so annoying. So she has a husband whom she doesn't love because she has devoted TS with her. She's the typical antagonist to the lead who's been deprived of the privilege rightful wealth.  I like JJ character because it's strong and not a pushover.  But as with dramas, if she uses her heart more than her mind, something goes wrong and not according to plan.  Like if something where to happen with SW.

OT:  I don't know the names of the actors but I'm familiar with the faces.  Just gonna share about them. Kim Jae Young(SW character) is like lead here and wow the transformation. Cos If I'm not mistaken ( can correct me), he was part of one of my fav kdrama.  "I remember You" Like he's just one of the detectives there. Perseverance pays off in in the the kdramaland. Good for him.  Also checking  Go Min Si (Lee Hyun Ji chracter). She was part of  Love Alarm. And if you've watch K version of One Hundered Millions Stars from the Sky- she'sthe abused teen girl. She was good there. And I think she will be the FL from upcoming tvn pyscho thriller "Sweet Home"  (Lee Do Hyun & Song Kang - from reports).

3 hours ago, jongski said:

I actually  enjoyed it  first two episodes. I don't know the leads though but  I see Kim Tae Hoon (JH, husband of Jenny).

Thinking about it, I am familiar with so many actors from this drama.  Kim Jae Young is the one I did not watched before in a drama (but I knew him). He was in Black but not much.

From the flashback, Jenny is the grand daughter  of the chairman of DEO. Her father is the estranged son of chairman. But I'm confused. In the other flashback SW and JJ/ DY was in the orphanage. Was she brought there after the accident then the impostor chairman took her in?

I don`t know if the imposter Kim Yeo Ok took her to orphanage. Jenny lost both her parents in the bus accident and nobody was investigating about other family members. Logically, imposter Kim Yeo Ok could have sent somebody to know what happened with the real daughter in law and her daughter, if the woman she took the ring has other family members to look for her. Maybe realizing that no one would look for Jenny`s mother, she did not care what happend with the little girl.

I also want to see more of JJ and JH. He's liked or love her since  teenage years. He's going to defy his impostor mother for JJ. Please no age gap romance with SW and JJ.

For me it is too early to know who I really root for. Jung-Hyeok seams like a good guy but we never know. We`ll see.

@celebrianna @triplem

There wasnt even a need to jump the ship. She could have just used the taser. Which makes it even more stupid. So the killer's plan was to drive a boat in front of a port and hit a cop with a steelpipe? She clearly had the upper hand there. Doesnt seem like a great plan. But hey it worked.. Even though she visibly was suspicious of him and even pretty careful.

Well it is just the setup for the storyline for the daughter. If this happened in episode 10 and i had gotten more invested in the character it would be way worse.

I dont really see the romance between SW and JJ either. First time i considered it was after reading so much about it here in this thread. That said the age gap of the characters isnt as big as the actors @jongski

And i agree Go Min-Si is great.

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

oppa going to jail :cry:

He looks pretty flimsy in that outfit..but he looks good. Pretty sure it’s just the oversized shirt. I believe Jenny will help him one don’t worry :) 

8 hours ago, triplem said:

@Ameera Ali Does her current hair looks like a wig ? Cause it’s never out of place  :w00t:

———-

@triplem there nothing some 

5d8b255c6f854757152231.gif?download

Wouldn’t do :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

He looks pretty flimsy in that outfit..but he looks good. Pretty sure it’s just the oversized shirt. I believe Jenny will help him one don’t worry :) 

@Sushimi she will help him :joy:or she steel his trouser :mrgreen:

23 hours ago, jongski said:

It is not clear who brought her to the orphanage, and I doubt it is the impostor. She took her in only after DY was serving her well at a salon/spa? It must be fate that they met again, and I think DY only found out later about her being the impostor after she joined the family, or, she found out earlier when she saw her at the salon/spa thus purposely served her well to get noticed. But, she was still very young then, so she might not have been able to plan such a scheme. I will go with she found out after joining the family and becoming friends with YN. 

@triplem , @ktcjdrama @Sushimi & @lu09 I was watching teaser  for SB again :phew:

I just thought  :joy:they should called drama ( the deep blue sea )  :joy:

Considering how many body will end in the deep blue sea :joy:

1-first body :frown:

3bj2o5.gif

2 - chessboard girl mom :(

( who was last seen on boat :mrgreen:

Spoiler

5d8be745f3711712377251.gif?download

3 - the potential third body :unsure:

3bj2zs.gif

4- the potential survivor :sweatingbullets:

3bj2bb.gif

* are they building the city with body or what  :D

I'm thinking the doctor died was Hyun-Ji's fault. She should have stuck with SW and he would have taken them to a safe place noooo but she had to be smart and drove off and taken things into her own hands, going about searching for her mom. Where did she get the money to hire those divers anyway? 

So Ye Nam and JH have different fathers? I believe JH knows that too. Apparently YO is desperate to hide the fact in case it will be revealed later that she is a fake. Did she sent JJ to hide the Monk? 

Archived