[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

Don't get your hopes up for any romance between HJ and SW. I don't know what SW's real feelings are for Jenny but i'm sure he thinks he is protecting her especially from the orphanage days and he will continue to do it even now that she is married to JH. I don't think SW knows the truth behind Jenny's plans for revenge on KYO. On the other hand HJ will not rest until she finds her mother in that sense i find similar qualities in her and JJ. Maybe its possible for a romance between JJ and JH after all he seems to like her when they were in their teens....just a thought!

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, toshiba man said:

Guys I am so confused. So whose son is Wi Jang Hyuk if jenny is the daughter of the actual son (who died in bus accident)? Are wi and jenny cousins if they're from the same family? I am confused

After watching episode 2, I think that Jenny Jang/Jang Do Young is the real heir of Deo Corporation.  After the bus turned  over, Kim Ye Ok stole the ring from Jenny's mother when she became unconscious (after asking that woman to help her child) that signifies that she is the woman the Chairman of Deo Corporation is looking for after the accident.  So the current people who are supposed to be the Wi family are all frauds. Their mother brought her own chldren who had no blood relation wahtsoever to that family. Jang Do Young/Jenny Jang was deprived of her real family and was sent to an orphanage where she was raped by one of the teachers. Yoon Sun Woo  tried to protect her when they were young  together in the orphanage.  He stabbed the teacher but it was not fatal.  Jang Do Young left the orphanage after that.  

However, I have question:

(1) Did the family (Deo Corporation) not know that the son had a daughter already? 

It seems that the husband did not communicate with his family all through those years that he lived with Jenny and her mother. Her mother died while pregnant with her sibling.

It is so sad when these kind of things happen to a person. I  want Jenny to get back what is really hers and punish those people who stole her birthright and let her mother die as well as her grandfather.

This is Kdrama after all, so I am not surprised that Jenny ends up living  and growing up in  that house that is hers by birthright stolen by Kim Ye Ok and her children.

That may be why the grandfather did not accept her fully. He may have known that she is not the real daughter-in-law and the children that she brought with her are not his real grandchildren.

I finally watched the first two episodes. It was intense.

As expected, the women in this drama has the power, except for Wi Ye-Nam who is trying to play in the high league and fails miserable. She is jealous of Jenny and every time she wants to win against her, she is making more mistakes.

I can`t believe that Kim Yeo-Ok stole the identity of Jenny`s mother, as the daughter in law of Deo conglomerate. (So makjang!:D)  Her children have the name Wi but Jenny is the real granddaughter, heiress of the Wi family. I understand her determination now and I don`t think she can move on from her revenge until she gets fake Kim Yeo-Ok down.

Yoon Sun-Woo is connected deeply with Jenny. She needs him on her team because he is the only she trust him completely. He is loyal and has a crush on his noona but he is involved in the revenge because of Jenny (at this point). I also agree that he could be happier if he will detached himself of Jenny (he will make a good couple with baduk girl) but it is easier said than done. But that`s the drama. As I said, the connection between Jenny and Sun Woo is emotionally deep so even if he knows that it will make him miserable around Jenny, he can`t leave.

Jenny has repressed feelings. She could not say anything when she saw her grandfather being mistreated, she did not say anything all these years being treated as a maid in Wi`s family, she doesn`t afford to open up for romantic love. 

Ye Eun, Ye Nam`s sister, realised that Sun Woo loves Jenny. It will be interesting to see Jenny and Sun Woo`s relationship in the future episodes. Jenny cares for Sun Woo as family and I am curious if she knows that he sees her as a woman. What are Jenny`s feelings for him, if she could be possible for her to see him as a man in the future? How about the other man in her life, Wi Jung-Hyeok? I know that he is using him also for her plan but what she feels about him? They know each other from a long time. He likes her from the first time he saw her.  In my opinion she likes both men, and she is feeling guilty using them but she needs them for her revenge.

Sun Woo is 100% on Jenny`s side but let see more about Jung Hyeok. What are his interests, what he thinks, he becomes.

I really like the baduk girl. She is smart and realised quickly that the police officer or the prosecutor could not be on her side to find the truth about her mother. She knows that she has to be on Jenny and sun woo`s side if she wants help.  I can`t believe that Oh Tae-Suk attack her mother, a police officer in plain sight. I don`t think he knew that she found evidence of drug but why kill her? He will kill everyone who has a suspisious?

2 hours ago, triplem said:

He is not too bright if you ask me ...I mean the guy has a thing for Ye Nam - that is his weakness :lol:. For such a senior cop he was a bit too hasty ....

Not only a weakness. Maybe they loved each other 20 years ago and they could not be together. She chose a convenient marriage and he still carries the torch for her. OK.  He can love her as much as he wants but there has to be a boundary.

He is like a  psychopath.  I always see in kdramas people who serve like a slave someone rich, authoritative. The henchman who will lose his identity and does everything for the "master".  It`s disturbing.

Now, Oh Tae-Suk, a police officer,  will do anything to protect Ye-Nam but he lost his identity. He is doomed.

Sun-Woo is working with Jenny. He also loves her for a long time and I bet he can sacrifice himself to protect her. But I want to believe that he won`t cross the boundary. He will keep a cool head and will say no, when she will cross the line.

I want him to be a partner of Jenny not only her right man. I am sure that he has his own interests. I want to see that.

I saw that in the preview that Sun Woo will be arrested. It will be a hard blow for Jenny. I think the enemies knows that hitting him will hit Jenny.

I love Kim sun Ah, ever since City Hall, my fav fav modern drama... romance and an amazing love story for this ajumah... hahhaa

Ive not been able to see good dramas from her after MLkSS and CH.. and i hope this drama will propel her popularity again.... im worried though, why she look different with her nose?

Anyways i might be a minority, but when Sun Woo kick the fat guy, and continued to fight with his tall frame, i fell in love with his character.... and wish he and JJ can be together... haha.. he looks cool and has protected JJ since she was young. 

Is JJ the real heir? Im not so sure, she could be her mom's daughter with an earlier husband but the baby in her mom's womb was definately Doe's.

After watching ep2 , dejavvu feeling, as if its cinderella' drama feel... anyways will definately follow the drama as i want to know the ending.... as for the baduk girl, gosh, when her mom's head was hit with the metal steel bar, i literally scream a bit because the camera makes it looks so real. Urgh! Rest in peace mama cop :(

baduk girl with SW? I thought she looks a tad young... gonna google these actors soon :)

---‐----

i was wondering why SW looks familiar... no wonder. He doesnt even have a  wiki profile yet ! And he is the main male lead here...... horror... hehhee

anyways, based on pg 1 of this forum, it says that SW will have a love line with Deo's 2nd daughter... sigh...  i hope its a fling, and he can go bk to JJ after that... 

as for JJ husband... well, he sounds like Search WWW, urgh i forgot her name, the one with the evil mom in law and a loving yet restraint movie producing  husband... that drama ended almost happily for them...

40 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

and wish he and JJ can be together.

I don`t anything against the relationship. I will welcome it. Jenny needs a little romance in her life. Let see if she will reciprocate the feelings. Right now she doesn`t think about love but I wish she will find a little hapiness in the end.

40 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

baduk girl with SW?

again... nothing against it. :lol:

We all think about romance but I am afraid that we`ll see only heartbreaks. I hope I am wrong.

I want to see a passionate kiss. :lol:

39 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

anyways, based on pg 1 of this forum, it says that SW will have a love line with Deo's 2nd daughter... sigh...  i hope its a fling, and he can go bk to JJ after that... 

The second daughter Ye Eun has a crush on Sun Woo as we saw it. She knows that he loves Jenny. The only way, Sun woo and Ye Eun will become a couple is when he will want to enter the family as well, to be close to Jenny. It will be sad for her to accept him knowing that he has feelings for someone else.

21 minutes ago, larus said:

We all think about romance but I am afraid that we`ll see only heartbreaks. I hope I am wrong.

I want to see a passionate kiss. :lol:

The second daughter Ye Eun has a crush on Sun Woo as we saw it. She knows that he loves Jenny. The only way, Sun woo and Ye Eun will become a couple is when he will want to enter the family as well, to be close to Jenny. It will be sad for her to accept him knowing that he has feelings for someone else.

Yes, its a serious drama and there probably would be hearbreaks on it... but not for our lead couple ok, :)

its cool that SW became a lawyer and it would be interesting to know how they met each other again after so long. 

i havent even watch Vegabond,  i just so wanna watch SB coz the 1st episode was amazing  and only tonight that i have time to do so :)

I know I'm out of post here, just to say that the handsome actor who plays Sun woo will also be playing the lead male in the drama that starts on September 28, title: LOVE is Beautiful life is wonderful. We have for our eyes:love::love:/ A future great actor: handsome male  and good acting

3 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I know I'm out of post here, just to say that the handsome actor who plays Sun woo will also be playing the lead male in the drama that starts on September 28, title: LOVE is Beautiful life is wonderful.

Yeah. For six months he will be on the screen in a romantic comedy family drama. :D

He will appear in two different genre in the same time.

I want to say that I lost a bet on another thread. I was so sure that Sun Woo will show his abs in the first episode! :D

Secret Boutique: Episodes 1-2 (Series review)

by missvictrix

SB_2.jpg

SBS’s latest Wednesday-Thursday drama, Secret Boutique, made its premiere this week, and it’s bursting with noir-y goodness. It’s a little less melo than I expected, and a bit more action, intrigue, and female-strong badassery. The opening episodes feel a bit like Heartless City plus Mask — we’ve got the tightly woven layers of power, corruption, alliances, and loyalty, but set in a ruthless chaebol world where our heroine doesn’t exactly belong. Or does she?

Our heroine is JENNY JANG (Kim Sun-ah), and from the minute she appears on the screen, we know she’s a force to be reckoned with. Kim Sun-ah is on fire here — I love her in this role so far. She’s got the sass and swagger, but also a depth behind her performance; we quickly sense there’s a lot going on underneath the glamorous sheen of her demeanor. When she enters the room, everyone is buzzing with the question, “Who is Jenny Jang?” — and that might just be the thesis statement of the drama.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/secret-boutique-episodes-1-2-series-review/

What a intense opening. I love itB). I hope Jenny gets her revenge and exposes the imposter. Can't believe those people didn't do a background check on the woman and just took her in because of a family ring:crazy:. What a complete mess.

Now it looks like in the preview, Baduk girl messes up and the drug addict doctor gets killed in the process. Thanks to that, SW gets arrested for the crime. One thing is for sure, Jenny will be pissed off.

And why on earth would Baduk girl want to make a deal with the bratty daughter or the imposter mother when it's clear as daylight that her mother got hit in the head hard and is dead? Is she that naive to think that they will let her mother who is a cop live when she knows too much? Not to mention, that cop guy just tried to kill her the other night. Seems like she will learn this the hard way:weary:.

Poor SW, he really wants Jenny to be happy. That flashback showed why he is devoted to her completely and I hope he doesn't die at the end of this mess. I don't have to worry about him betraying Jenny though Baduk girl is bound to cause problems for him down the line. Not to mention, I'm not sure whether the second daughter is really interested in him genuinely or just wants him along with Jenny on her side. If only she knew she is wasting her time on something that doesn't belong to her:(. Though the difference between the two sisters is that, at least the second one has a lawyer license compare to the bratty one. She can live on her own without her family.

Now the brother and Jenny's new husband, he is another victim in this mess. He really loves her. And maybe it's just me, but this guy really does know Jenny is just using him and is after his family. One thing is for sure, this marriage won't work out because of his mother's past deeds. I really feel sorry for him:(

Imposter mother is really something. Did she just kill Jenny's grandfather by locking his bedroom door and left him to die? Poor Jenny had to witness her grandfather in that state and was even threatened for his murder. I hope Jenny exposes her for this crime as well. Now I'm really wondering how on earth did she pass her children off as the Deo family children? I would understand Bratty is Jenny age and the youngest daughter is the one who she was pregnant with. But what about JH, the brother? There should have been a family registry not to mention, he would have been aware or at least been suspicious about this.

Well, it seems like I'm getting ahead of myself lol:sweatingbullets:. Hopefully they answer this and it makes sense Imao:lol:

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

Now the brother and Jenny's new husband, he is another victim in this mess. He really loves her. And maybe it's just me, but this guy really does know Jenny is just using him and is after his family. One thing is for sure, this marriage won't work out because of his mother's past deeds. I really feel sorry for him

I am sure she likes him but not love him. I bet she feels guilty about using him but she can`t turn back. I am sorry about him because he is used in the revenge but let see what person he became. We don`t know much about him.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

SW gets arrested for the crime. One thing is for sure, Jenny will be pissed off.

Jenny will do anything to get him out of jail.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

Poor SW, he really wants Jenny to be happy. That flashback showed why he is devoted to her completely and I hope he doesn't die at the end of this mess.

Yeah,  he wants her to be happy and he is sad that she is involved in this mess. He can`t let her alone to fight.

I was sad like him when Jenny said to him that she is more happy than she ever was. For her, the fact that she can make a step further in her revenge is making her happy. That`s not happiness. It is not what he wanted for her. 

I like the beginning of the relationship between SW and HJ regardless 

if there will be some romance.

He first noticed her intelligence, and for her it was his kindness. 

Although I dont like that HJ is in the storage room.

But, looks like SW cant do anything without Jenny's approval.

51 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I like the beginning of the relationship between SW and HJ regardless 

if there will be some romance.

He first noticed her intelligence, and for her it was his kindness. 

Although I dont like that HJ is in the storage room.

But, looks like SW cant do anything without Jenny's approval.

I think it will be a good relationship. Like you said, even without the romance involved, they could form a good team.

I like that Hyun Ji is a smart girl. I am really sorry that her mom died like that. Her mother was a police officer with a good heart. I really hope she will bring that phycho to justice.

Jenny is the head of the operation. It is her revenge. Sun Woo is her right hand and confident/ dear friend. Maybe he is like a family to her but he works for her right now. I want to see if Sun Woo will show some initiative or actions on his own. I hope he does because I would like him more. If Sun woo will decide that he will enter in a relationship with Ye eun, no matter if it is a wrong decision, it will be his decision. I like the heroes to be strong on their own and show some gravitas, to have initiative. We`ll see. 

Hi to everyone. :) Just watched the second episode a few hours ago. 

A few thoughts. I really the Mom/Cop in the first episode. She was my favorite character and her home as some kind of shelter for prostitues was pretty unique and cool. I was hoping to see some scenes of that household. So i was a bit disappointed to see her gone. 

But how that incident was staged actually made me upset. It just makes her look dumb and incompetent and it also makes the Killer/Cop dumb and imcompetent. At least the daughter seems a lot smarter. She and and Sun Woo have been pretty fun.

Kim Sun-Ah is a bit bland for me so far. I haven't seen that much of her yet. I think she got quite some praise for 'The Lady in Dignity' which is understandable but i also found the performance too showy and flashy to really like it. Korean audiences seem to love that style though. I still need to watch 'Should We Kiss First' which is a completely different genre and she hopefully gives a more subtle and restrained performance.

But coming to the point that stayed in my mind since i watched ep 2 earlier.

So what is the relation between Jenny Jang and Wi Jung-Heok?^^

Thinking Kim Yeo-Ok was the wife of the chairman would make them have the same grandfather. Probably not blood related though because she had those children earlier. But did Kim Yeo-Ok bring in all 3 children from an earlier relationship? The youngest daughter seems a bit too young? In episode 1 i just assumed that she was the wife of the chairman. But i guess she just took of the role as the step daughter who noone knew and somehow inherited all of it.

@Fabbo From what I understood, KYO is a fake who took the place of Jenny's mom who was the original daughter in law of the Deo family. Jenny and WJH have no relationship other than the fact that their places has been switched. 

I believe she brought her kids in the house. How the chairman believed her lies is another story lol. The youngest one is probably the child she was pregnant with during the bus crush.

13 minutes ago, lu09 said:

From what I understood, KYO is a fake who took the place of Jenny's mom who was the original daughter in law of the Deo family. Jenny and WJH have no relationship other than the fact that their places has been switched. 

I believe she brought her kids in the house. How the chairman believed her lies is another story lol. The youngest one is probably the child she was pregnant with during the bus crush.

It is what I understood also. After many years, Jenny`s gradfather was disapointed by his "daughter in law" and wanted her gone. Maybe he realised that she is very greedy,  not a good person but he never knew that Kim Yeo Ok is an imposter.

I supose that Dae-oh`s Chairman investigated his daughter in law`s past, knew about his estranged son. How it was explained that Kim Yeo Ok had an older son too? I think someone was helping imposter Kim Yeo Ok to hide the truth.

Who was her husband? I wish we find out more about her in the future episodes.

Archived