[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

7 minutes ago, aisling said:

I think we’ll get at least another kiss and maybe the third kiss will be steamier. But I doubt it. KSH is still finding her footing as an adult female lead while JDY has the innocent youthful aura around him - he still played a high school student last year despite being 28 Korean age. I think they’re really compatible visually, acting wise and can have this sensual chemistry when they want to. But maybe neither of them are ready to put their youthful image behind. 

Totally agree! And a too sophisticated kiss is not suitable for both characters: they indeed have never dated anyone

before:D Btw, JDY really has a youthful and even somehow naughty temperament. It will be very interesting to see his development as a young man as well as a promising actor.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Wait!!!

We got a kiss today?!!!

giphy.gif

@Ameera Ali @jeonghyang i want french kissing too but vaccuming is the next best one. As long as I didn’t get a statue one ;) :P From my observation of the gif, lips were moving :D

@lightbringer06 i have a feeling we won’t see the BTS for this kiss scene too! KBS just won’t release the ones we really want to see. Lol

25 minutes ago, soesje said:

@mujisano Yessss me 2 when DJ fell in my heart sank i was like nooooooo what if she gets a disease and after ND jumped in and the running in the rain.. im so worried.. ppl died of colds back in the day.. i dont know what kind of disease the village had but im sos scared for our couple

That reminds me.... that was a scene in the webtoon where there's a doctor examining Dong Joo and I don't know why everyone including Nokdu crowded round to wait for the doctor to deliver his diagnosis. But in the end

Spoiler

nothing serious ensues from this, far as I can remember. The webtoon has a happily ever after ending like all rom coms should end.

From what I can understand from her caption, webtoon author is expressing her gratitude to the cast and crew for their great efforts in this drama production. And would that drawing be of herself in front of the TV being restrained by her bespectacled husband?? She's so cute too

Guess what, we are at post no. 1961 in this thread now. Looks like we might hit 2000 by tomorrow :thumbsup:

hahaha awww the webtoon artist's reaction!!! Actually from the few pages that I saw of the webtoon, I thought there was a scene where dongjoo was indeed stuck in a well (or something that looked like it). Not sure how tat storyline continued but I did think maybe the writers are trying to weave in parts of the webtoon to keep the webtoon fans happy. I can't tell at all how much does follow the webtoon but at least we have a happy original artist!

6 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

That reminds me.... that was a scene in the webtoon where there's a doctor examining Dong Joo and I don't know why everyone including Nokdu crowded round to wait for the doctor to deliver his diagnosis. But in the end

Hide contents

nothing serious ensues from this, far as I can remember. The webtoon has a happily ever after ending like all rom coms should end.

From what I can understand from her caption, webtoon author is expressing her gratitude to the cast and crew for their great efforts in this drama production. And would that drawing be of herself in front of the TV being restrained by her bespectacled husband?? She's so cute too

Guess what, we are at post no. 1961 in this thread now. Looks like we might hit 2000 by tomorrow :thumbsup:

Omg good to know, they will most likely follow the webtoon on this one.. at least . i hope so.. ugh i really need to read the webtoon

I love the writers support for the cast and the story.. seems like she is truly enjoying it all:blush:

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

Good to see you too:D. I was waiting until it's over to binge watch it but my curiosity got the better of me Imao:sweat_smile::mrgreen:. Watched the entire 9 episodes straight yesterday:skull:

I came for rom-com too lol. The politics part is fine as long as they minimize it:sweatingbullets:

Oh... haha.. you bingewatch it?..lol... I see.. that's why you never commented here^^. Now, you have to wait with us too for the upcoming eps :)

As long as there's still that comedic tone (and romance^^) in every episode, it's okay for me :)

38 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

i have a feeling we won’t see the BTS for this kiss scene too! KBS just won’t release the ones we really want to see. Lol

I'm really gonna kill KBS if they don't release that kiss scene BTS :joy:... I swear. I wanna see how many takes it took them....HAHA... 

Agree, at least it's not a statue kiss ^^. Maybe the next one would be a lot sensual.. since KSH is trying to get out of that innocent/pure image she has, I think it's good for her too.

34 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Perhaps the webtoon author is always excited just like us while watching TTON... HAHA... how cute ^^

And we are nearing 100 pages too. Let's get it to 200 before it ends ~!

20 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I'm really gonna kill KBS if they don't release that kiss scene BTS :joy:... I swear. I wanna see how many takes it took them....HAHA... 

I think they're saving all the fun scenes for a DVD of all BTS. *sigh* Saw this tweet mentioning it - https://twitter.com/NokduBD/status/1190183275337117696

11 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

It's also trending on the Chinese platform Weibo :D

Saw in Weibo - many viewers watching the livestream were typing "AHHHHHHHHHHH" during the kiss scene. I guess the viewers have been anticipating this for so long, everyone is feeling extraordinarily emotional. 

A 'Thank You' message from the crew to KSH and JDY for their hard work during the well scene:

It is funny how ND and DJ keep sleeping with each other. But at the same time I am not surprised DJ keeps allowing it as she has mentioned that while it was uncomfortable for her in the beginning, she realized that she was able to sleep better with him at her side. He helps keep her nightmares and demons at bay. Which is why she suggested the same thing to the king. 

ND on the other hand, really has no boundaries, particularly since he has realized he loves DJ. He went 180 from being all "men and women should not breath the same air" prissy to supper clingy and cuddly. But DJ needs that clingyness in her life with how suicidal she has been with her revenge mission. I think it is significant that she wants to die for her mother, but then here comes ND and becomes her new mother. In a way, you could say he is filling the void the loss of her mother created in her heart. 

1 hour ago, mujisano said:

Is anyone worried about how Dongju and Nokdu could have been contaminated whilst they were in the 'contagious disease' area that was cordoned off (where the well is). If any one of them dies from a disease IMMA RIOT. I just hope it's extraneous detail that won't be referenced again later in the plot.

oh wow u are right!! but i guess we were all too distracted by the kiss to remember about the quarantined area HAHA. maybe a tending-the-sick-lover scene? LOL #positivethinking  

About the well...

Spoiler

in the webtoon, it was actually how ND first met DJ. The well seems to be where DJ hides every time. DJ even shared some of her food to ND. There's this one scene also where ND was looking (?) for DJ and then remembered that she might be in the well... and when he went there, surprisingly, DJ was actually there. 

Now, idk what the conversation was when they were both there. Perhaps @Sky8lue, you might know because I know you know also about the webtoon :D.

It's nice to see how the crew appreciates both JDY and KSH's hard work. That must have been pretty difficult to film. But it did came out well. I can see that we might be getting a BTS of either that well scene or the kiss scene, or both ~ :D

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@jeonghyang  they didn’t know about French kiss in that time :joy: but vacuuming is good what kdrama without vacuum ad :mrgreen: 

@lu09 & @Sky8lue thank god nokdu isn’t fat :joy: or two people would fit here :joy:

8tLVbA4.gif No vacuum ad but only Harry Potter's BROOM ad ... 

Spoiler

OLeJFz8.gif

I'm more focused on the Nokdu's pantings and moans... It's a WET-ty eargasms! 60.gif

tk3zEhd.gif

The OTP has an intense WET moments! 29.gif

Spoiler

JZlRpQm.gif

raVeKhp.gif

Nice kick! I was hoping she aimed his balls! 109.gif

Spoiler

PQnp3vn.gif

Nok Du didn't change her clothes right? It's the same outfit. He needs to wipe the other parts of the body as well. *cough* She must felt super WET inside... 51.gif

Spoiler

StVLpiH.gif

dLfNk4l.gif

My head hurts from thinking! 36.gif 

e7bMQhM.gif

@LyraYoo Can't keep away my pervy thoughts! 33.gif

@vangsweetie637 Don't stare too much or else you'll feel horny. 64.gif

10 hours ago, mujisano said:

Is anyone worried about how Dongju and Nokdu could have been contaminated whilst they were in the 'contagious disease' area that was cordoned off (where the well is). If any one of them dies from a disease IMMA RIOT. I just hope it's extraneous detail that won't be referenced again later in the plot.

Hahaha. The point is they should not keep DJ in that well almost a day long and she even bleed. It's not just about the disease area which means the air and the artesian water may be all polluted, but also histoplasmosis or something similar when you're trapped in a cave or wet/dark/dirty area. It can cause fever, infection, even death... and may take a long time to recover. Theoretically, DJ can get terribly ill, and with that kiss, so can ND.

But I am sure with you our OTP will be OK, bcs certainly, enemies are everywhere, there's no time for sickness and no need for logic in Kdramaland -_-

I agree that the well is like a tribute to webtoon. I read it right in the very first chapters (but that's a dry well, that's a different thing) In the drama, I dont like the way they put that scene just to make a turning-point to the confession/kiss. I read a comment here (Sorry, I forgot who said that) they did jumping-into-the-sea, then to the spring (twice) and the river, and now a well. If we consider it as symbolism, it will be a bad sign. Like... the flows is now stuck. To solve it, we need them running to the sea once again :D

anw our cast and staff still did the best for this script. The scene is nice shot.

EIi97IlUEAAOIyf?format=jpg&name=360x360 

EIi97IiVAAAEm-4?format=jpg&name=360x360

EIi97IjUcAAIyKq?format=jpg&name=large

I cant wait for BTS of both well scene and kiss scene. But they're going make DVD/Bluray which contains documentary and BTS and PD cut... so the most wanted BTS may not be shared by KBS

*let's pray*

The hot kiss was worth the wait :) It’s always those who are suppressed that gives us the most wild and passionate kisses. The more forbidden it is, the more you want it like crazy. :P Just wait when she discovers nokdu true identity, forbidden to the max! The heart wants what it wants! DJ revenge mission mode will be like, “revenge..what revenge? Ah I’ll make you mine revenge...that’s how I’ll get back at the king by taking his son.” :lol:

Archived