Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

I disagree with the Princess and the captain not being really bad though. Murdering and oppressing people just because it's lawful and expected at the time doesn't make it good or right. :)

 

Other stuff I like/noted upon rewatch:

  Hide contents

- Still can't get over shrewd chaebol Sanchez. I did take him for the harmless bumbling rich best friend, but how wrong I was. He's kind of scary when he's flexing his chaebol powers. :lol:

 

- Loved that scene with Bartender Kim and Madame Choi scouting locations. Loved her lace trench! LOL at the old location being within walking distance of a department store and a naengmyeon store. But sad that Man Wol was already planning to ditch Chansung then.

 

- Chansung being asleep for 3 days straight...if someone's not waking up for that long, even though he's still breathing, wouldn't you call for medical help? Or was Mi Ra's professional judgment "Eh, he'll be fine"? :lol:

 

 

I maybe wrong and there is not much context about the past yet, but I dont think it was "oppression", Man Wol's gang were a band of criminals, imagine if you are an honest hard working trader and they robbed you at the middle of the desert. I am not for death penalty for our current time, but it was the way criminals were punished back then. We like Man Wol because we are seeing her perspective, but society lumps robbers with bad guys for good reason. :). I guess I am explaining this because I didn't like the Captain from the beginning, but when I frame it now as him just doing his duties (like an undercover detective infiltrating a drug gang, and he eventually turns over his brothers/comrades to the hands of the law, even if it hurts his heart), I am actually liking him (while everyone seem to be hating him). The same for the Princess, if anything, I am impressed that a female is in charge of her town/area at that time.

 

I love Madame Choi's dress, so very stylish. Yoona's clothes too are very high end at her age group.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously how come that all guys in the hotel are so dense   I mean the girl hints    and hints    and HINTS    and hints some more  I mean EVERY

Ohmygod they're going official!   And oh no! Im Si Wan sent YJG a food truck and YJG replied, asking should he book room 404 for him...  

@lightbringer06 , @RiceGirl1212 @vangsweetie637 , @juju84 , @berny2 , @angelbeast90 , @Ellander88 , @Joseph Lim , @Angelica Claudia @annamchoi , @wenlhy , @Harry97 , @kaxx , @stella77 @gilaswan , @daz

Well....  I really don't like the 4th Ma Go ...why is it that there's so many of her anyway ?

 

:crazy:

 

On the other hand, i'm really liking Sanchez, he's nosy, frank, and in-your-face most of the time hahhha  

I wonder why his name is Sanchez though, is he part-Spanish or Mexican ? :lol:

 

A mixture of Cindy & JiAn

 

I've been seeing glimpse of IU's previous drama characters, but wow Man Wol can be really frightening.
 

I understand her anger, guilt and grief over Yeon Woo's death, but she had avenged his death way back then by executing that rotten princess and Chung Myung.  I mean could it not have ended there? death is the ultimate punishment right? so why after a thousand years she still holds the grudge, upon seeing Mi Ra, she wants to kill her the second time? that's overkill already.

 

And yeah if that princess re-appear as Mi Ra, i wonder...will Chung Myung and Yeon Woo would make an appearance again too? that would be interesting.
 

What happened to you Captain?

 

The turn of events in the friendship of CM, YW, and MW was both disappointing and confusing. 
My take on it just to give it some logic is that, CM and MW was all so-sweet with each other until MW told CM she's leaving and going away with their group (her group with YW).

It might be that CM has gotten jealous of YW because MW chose him, so he captured their group, had YW executed, but in order to save MW agreed to marry the rotten princess.  

 

So you see, our cutie Captain is not that all  innocent.  If his feelings for MW was sincere and true, he would have just allowed her group to leave peacefully.  But he was selfish, MW did not choose him, so he better just make them all miserable anyway.  :mellow:

 

But at the later part of Episode 10, the scene was cut at MW charging at him with her sword, we just don't know yet if he just stood there and received the blow, or did he fought back and hit her too?

 

 

Edited by berny2
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.. we have Nam Da Reum doing a cameo. Reincarnation perhaps?

Pqn3Pn.jpg

Firefly or Yeon Woo.....

 

PS. I really hope CS is not the reincarnation of anyone. It's just that he has a connection to MW, set in motion by Ma Go.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

CM carrying his sword on his wedding night?

 

Two possibilities:

1) He knew ManWeol is going to be there and ready to kill him. 

 2) He's also going to kill SoHwa but ManWol got there first.

 

 

 

I'm going with the second one.

After he fell in love with JMW, he wanted to choose his heart (JMW) over his duty (Princess), but I'm sure the princess threaten him that she'll kill JMW and her people and label CM as a traitor to his country. This got CM to choose his duty and married the princess. After the wedding, she still killed JMW and her people, that he was planning on killing her, but JMW got to her first.

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway if based on what they say that if you have been wicked and bad in your previous life, you'll be reincarnated into some animal specie ? 

 

Then that Princess / Mi-Ra  should have came back over and over again as a  slimy slug... ewwwww yuck 

 

:angry:

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that was why she had the bracelet. Due to the buildup of negative karma so it was meant to protect her from bad things.

Then MW destroyed that bracelet when MiRa gave it to her willingly.

 

I guess you must have done a horrendous crime to get the 'animal reborn' as punishment.

Technically, she didn't kill anyone. Only ordered people to.

MW herself though, she killed a lot of people.

 

Remember what happened to the guy who uploaded the video. He lived a 'good' life without repercussions from his act but he still got punished . Albeit much much later.

jSDy9c.png

 

I do feel for Ghost 13 but she took the path of revenge so that put her in the sights of Death Mago.

  • Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, berny2 said:

Anyway if based on what they say that if you have been wicked and bad in your previous life, you'll be reincarnated into some animal specie ? 

 

Then that Princess / Mi-Ra  should have came back over and over again as a  slimy slug... ewwwww yuck 

 

:angry:

 

Hahaha I thought the same!

 

But like what @aria26 mentioned, from society's pov, MW group of bandits are the bad guys. And IF the princess really spared MW her life like she claimed, then she was not "all that bad" ( I mean we know she up to no good but still) 

 

Given the fact that she still has that seemingly haughty character (I'm just assuming here) and entitled behaviour, MR still has alot of karmic lessons to learn. 

 

Being pretty and educated in this life doesn't mean everything will go her way either though! 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uglypearl said:

CM carrying his sword on his wedding night?

 

Two possibilities:

1) He knew ManWeol is going to be there and ready to kill him. 

 2) He's also going to kill SoHwa but ManWol got there first.

 

 

 

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

3) He's going to kill the princess and then himself. His face looked resigned and there was no more smirking except the fake smile through the whole episode. He should not have confiscated Manweol's drinking bottle and let the princess find about the drinking bottle in his possession.

 

 

1 hour ago, Yana Mujay said:

I honorably agree with second choice:kiss_wink:

What's more hurts her is two men she loves dearly died because herself.

Man Wol aaa :bawling:

 

39 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

 

I'm going with the second one.

After he fell in love with JMW, he wanted to choose his heart (JMW) over his duty (Princess), but I'm sure the princess threaten him that she'll kill JMW and her people and label CM as a traitor to his country. This got CM to choose his duty and married the princess. After the wedding, she still killed JMW and her people, that he was planning on killing her, but JMW got to her first.

 

 

It seems ChanSeong's past life  is pointing towards to CheongMyung and YeonWoo would be a possible vengeful spirit.

 

In the second half of drama especially in last few episodes, usually there will be conflicts and misunderstandings between two main leads and there are times there will be noble idiocy scenarios.

 

Hong Sisters written  dramas have that and so do Oh Choonghwan directed dramas. If they go to that kind of route again, most probably that would happen.

Since this is a live filming production, it's possible they could change the flow of the story in the second half. 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, aria26 said:

I maybe wrong and there is not much context about the past yet, but I dont think it was "oppression", Man Wol's gang were a band of criminals, imagine if you are an honest hard working trader and they robbed you at the middle of the desert. I am not for death penalty for our current time, but it was the way criminals were punished back then. We like Man Wol because we are seeing her perspective, but society lumps robbers with bad guys for good reason. :). I guess I am explaining this because I didn't like the Captain from the beginning, but when I frame it now as him just doing his duties (like an undercover detective infiltrating a drug gang, and he eventually turns over his brothers/comrades to the hands of the law, even if it hurts his heart), I am actually liking him (while everyone seem to be hating him). The same for the Princess, if anything, I am impressed that a female is in charge of her town/area at that time.

 

I chose the word "oppression" thinking of a wider context, like governments in the past and present having laws that oppress people, my bad for not clarifying. :) I guess to me, the "good" and "bad" labels are too reductive. I think most people are both "good" and "bad" in different ways, except for cinnamon roll Chansung who is too good and too pure. :D

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think that was why she had the bracelet. Due to the buildup of negative karma so it was meant to protect her from bad things.

Then MW destroyed that bracelet when MiRa gave it to her willingly.

 

I guess you must have done a horrendous crime to get the 'animal reborn' as punishment.

Technically, she didn't kill anyone. Only ordered people to.

MW herself though, she killed a lot of people.

 

MiRa was already reborn many times,  Mago mentioned that  to ManWol in episode 8.   SoHwa was probably reborn as animals before she becomes a human again as MiRa

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

 

 

 

Hong Sisters written  dramas have that and so do Oh Choonghwan directed dramas. If they go to that kind of route again, most probably that would happen.

Since this is a live filming production, it's possible they could change the flow of the story in the second half. 

 

 

 

Hong Sisters, PD and Production Team better choose the best route for this drama.  It's been a thousand years of punishment already, I hope they give MW a break.... or I'd have my own versions  of Ma Go and Ripper running after them.  <_<

  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kaxx said:

 

Given the fact that she still has that seemingly haughty character (I'm just assuming here) and entitled behaviour, MR still has alot of karmic lessons to learn. 

 

Being pretty and educated in this life doesn't mean everything will go her way either though! 

 

I actually find the fact that she has an entitled attitude curious. I dont expect the drama to discuss this, but just for the concept of reincarnation, was being a Princess her first life? and so she has taken a lot of her personality from her first identity? So if she was born poor and humble, would that mean she could actually be humble later? Also, it seems that even with her behavior, the deities are still giving her a good life, she was born to a happy family who could afford to send her abroad to become a doctor. She is always out of money so she carries bad karma, but she seem to be surrounded by people (e.g. Sanchez and Chan Seung) who are capable of helping her out. She seem to be a good friend too (with her doctor friend). I am interested in her because of what Ma Go said a while back, about hoping that "(protect her so) she wont be hurt again" (could be Man Wol, but what if it was Princess who should not be hurt again, just like how Man Wol tried this episode) and Man Wol thinking Chan Seung must protect Mi Ra. Though my consideration for Mira might all be in vain because the Hong Sisters hate their second female leads, but I guess I am hoping they would take a different route with this drama

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, aria26 said:

 

I maybe wrong and there is not much context about the past yet, but I dont think it was "oppression", Man Wol's gang were a band of criminals, imagine if you are an honest hard working trader and they robbed you at the middle of the desert. I am not for death penalty for our current time, but it was the way criminals were punished back then. We like Man Wol because we are seeing her perspective, but society lumps robbers with bad guys for good reason. :). I guess I am explaining this because I didn't like the Captain from the beginning, but when I frame it now as him just doing his duties (like an undercover detective infiltrating a drug gang, and he eventually turns over his brothers/comrades to the hands of the law, even if it hurts his heart), I am actually liking him (while everyone seem to be hating him). The same for the Princess, if anything, I am impressed that a female is in charge of her town/area at that time.

 

I love Madame Choi's dress, so very stylish. Yoona's clothes too are very high end at her age group.

 

 

Nope, not me my hearts down bow to his charm, many times i voiced my oponion, i will in the Captain side till MW meet him again either as enemies again or short of soul who's pick her up to after life, 

I roots for his sincerely love and virtue, he does so much to civilized MW why should he betrays her? It's pure a big reasons behind his action, he will came alive to shaken  MW to made she realize what's he does is out of love and to protect people's life.

I believed we might watching him in present like Mira does..

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm

Reincarnation is not a simple physical birth of a person; for instance, John being reborn as a cat in the next life. In this case John possesses an immortal soul which transforms to the form of a cat after his death. This cycle is repeated over and over again. Or if he is lucky, he will be reborn as a human being. This notion of the transmigration of the soul definitely does not exist in Buddhism.

 

By actions, thoughts, and words, man is releasing spiritual energy to the universe and he is in turn affected by influences coming in his direction. Man is therefore the sender and receiver of all these influences. The entire circumstances surrounding him is his karma.

With each action-influence he sends out and at the same time, receives, he is changing. This changing personality and the world he lives in, constitute the totality of his karma.

Karma should not be confused with fate. Fate is the notion that man's life is preplanned for him by some external power, and he has no control over his destiny. Karma on the other hand, can be changed. Because man is a conscious being he can be aware of his karma and thus strive to change the course of events. In the Dhammapada we find the following words, "All that we are is a result of what we have thought, it is founded on our thoughts and made up of our thoughts."

 

Quite an interesting read.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aria26 said:

I maybe wrong and there is not much context about the past yet, but I dont think it was "oppression", Man Wol's gang were a band of criminals, imagine if you are an honest hard working trader and they robbed you at the middle of the desert. I am not for death penalty for our current time, but it was the way criminals were punished back then. We like Man Wol because we are seeing her perspective, but society lumps robbers with bad guys for good reason. :). I guess I am explaining this because I didn't like the Captain from the beginning, but when I frame it now as him just doing his duties (like an undercover detective infiltrating a drug gang, and he eventually turns over his brothers/comrades to the hands of the law, even if it hurts his heart), I am actually liking him (while everyone seem to be hating him). The same for the Princess, if anything, I am impressed that a female is in charge of her town/area at that time.

 

I chose the word "oppression" thinking of a wider context, like governments in the past and present having laws that oppress people, my bad for not clarifying. :) I guess to me, the "good" and "bad" labels are too reductive. I think most people are both "good" and "bad" in different ways, except for cinnamon roll Chansung who is too good and too pure. :D

 

On another note, the theories about captain going into the wedding chamber intending to kill the princess...I think that would make captain the biggest hot mess of them all. :lol: I don't get what that would accomplish. If he's doing it for Man Wol, I don't think that's going to fix their relationship at all. :P

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ondine said:

 

On another note, the theories about captain going into the wedding chamber intending to kill the princess...I think that makes captain the biggest hot mess of them all. :lol: I don't get what that would accomplish. If he's doing it for Man Wol, I don't think that's going to fix their relationship at all. :P

 

It does not make sense in real life (unless Mr Captain was actually pushing for a political agenda that I doubt this show would touch on), but drama characters seem to be predisposed to such behaviors :) and people seem to find it romantic

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aria26 said:

It does not make sense in real life (unless Mr Captain was actually pushing for a political agenda that I doubt this show would touch on), but drama characters seem to be predisposed to such behaviors :) and people seem to find it romantic

 

It's just a theory right now at least. :) I think it makes more sense if he saw the dead guards outside the room and figured Man Wol (or someone else with ill intentions towards them) was there, and he went in with a sense that everything wasn't okey-dokey, hence the sword.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, it would be great storyline if they reincarnate CM as a completely new character in present time. That way, MW can make amends with him and move on with CS. Though I still can't figure out how MW & CS will be able to work with all of MW's baggage (she has a hotel attached to her for pete's sake... and a really big tree...)

 

And like many user has commented here, it IS weird that CM is dressed in a white robe rather than a red one we have seen in previous flashback. So there's 2 guys who visited the princess chamber that night?

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG-20190805-114241.jpg

 

IMG-20190805-114122.jpg

 

IMG-20190805-114129.jpg

 

25 minutes ago, Ondine said:

 

It's just a theory right now at least. :) I think it makes more sense if he saw the dead guards outside the room and figured Man Wol (or someone else with ill intentions towards them) was there, and he went in with a sense that everything wasn't okey-dokey, hence the sword.

Hmmm with all these judgment i really hope time laping to Saturday right now:grin:

 

Wanna to knows what really  happened  at the wedding room? And behind all the CM actions.

And will the writers pulled the past more longer or just cut it off as it  and moved to present compeletly.

:relieved:

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...