Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

Episode 8. What was that? A masterpiece, right?

so, she has kept herself alive because she wants to kill mr captain (Mr Captain says Man Wol has to be alive to be able to kill him) - so I am guessing she was not able to kill him in the wedding chamber

the guy in Chan Seung's vision was wearing red, mr captain was in white, so was it a different version of what happened in the past? the captain was expecting Man Wol as he was carrying a sword

the hotel was built out of her desire to give rest to give rest to tired souls (was the hotel even in existence before Man Weol, or did her belief in it prompted Ma Go to make it real?)

We saw how evil Man Wol is, with her willingness to curse Mi Ra with that terrible memory. She is right about her being a bad person in the past, and not just the notion of being bad as a thief. Now that I think of it, the Princess and the Captain are not really bad. They were just at the side at whatever was "lawful" during their time period. Man Wol and her gang did rob caravans and are even joining a rebellion, it is expected for whoever was "government" at that time to suppress them.

I think Ma Go #1 is winning, Man Wol was able to put aside her hatred for Mi Ra to protect Chan Seung <3
I wonder if she can do the same when Mr Captain arrives. As much as I dont like Chan Seung to be a reincarnation, as of this episode, that would actually be what I would consider a twist, for Chan Seung to be the reincarnation of Captain. Man Wol being unaware that she is protecting that person she wants to kill the most

• Like 5

I'll catch up on ep 8 tonight but I must say. 

CS is quite the practical romantic.

Where Cap Firefly says MW will expect him to turn up whenever she is drinking alone (thus, TO ME, a way of sowing seeds in her mind so that she will be reminded of him), CS says that he will be with her in HDL regardless if it's a confinement or hell.

Just a subtle confession of wanting to be there with MW (and for MW) and a promise that as viewers, we know CS will not break.

• Like 8

Just finish ep 8 ... why didn't they show ep 9 preview??!!!! 

So, MW terminate CS? Does this means he no longer able to see ghost???

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

Just finish ep 8 ... why didn't they show ep 9 preview??!!!! 

So, MW terminate CS? Does this means he no longer able to see ghost???

It's on tvn drama youtube

• Like 5

3 hours ago, brielover said:

I'm wondering who MW thinks CS is.  She says to CS, go protect her that's your job, referring to Mira.  Cho Meung was captain of princess's guards so she implies CS is CM.  But then later she says to MaGo, is HE going to show up too?  She can't mean CM if he is reincarnated as CS.  Has she changed her mind about CS being CM?  Or is HE Yeon Wu or someone els e?  Confused.

I, too, have the same thoughts. And MaGo mentioned that MW needs to meet the wind and rain. Someone previously mentioned (sorry I forgot where I saw the post) that Yeon Woo means Misty Rain. But Captain’s name means balmy calm weather. So will there be another past character who’s the Wind? This drama is amazing!!!! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aria26 said:

Episode 8. What was that? A masterpiece, right?

so, she has kept herself alive because she wants to kill mr captain (Mr Captain says Man Wol has to be alive to be able to kill him) - so I am guessing she was not able to kill him in the wedding chamber

the guy in Chan Seung's vision was wearing red, mr captain was in white, so was it a different version of what happened in the past? the captain was expecting Man Wol as he was carrying a sword

the hotel was built out of her desire to give rest to give rest to tired souls (was the hotel even in existence before Man Weol, or did her belief in it prompted Ma Go to make it real?)

We saw how evil Man Wol is, with her willingness to curse Mi Ra with that terrible memory. She is right about her being a bad person in the past, and not just the notion of being bad as a thief. Now that I think of it, the Princess and the Captain are not really bad. They were just at the side at whatever was "lawful" during their time period. Man Wol and her gang did rob caravans and are even joining a rebellion, it is expected for whoever was "government" at that time to suppress them.

I think Ma Go #1 is winning, Man Wol was able to put aside her hatred for Mi Ra to protect Chan Seung <3
I wonder if she can do the same when Mr Captain arrives. As much as I dont like Chan Seung to be a reincarnation, as of this episode, that would actually be what I would consider a twist, for Chan Seung to be the reincarnation of Captain. Man Wol being unaware that she is protecting that person she wants to kill the most

I like that theory that Man Wol is waiting for the captain, presumably to kill him. In Chansung's dream, when she started to draw her sword, the next sound was a clash of metal, so I guess he drew his sword too. But then if she didn't get to kill him then, wouldn't she have gone on a mission to track him down and kill him to get the final revenge for her squad instead of wandering off to look for the inn of the dead? Or maybe she got her chance but couldn't bring herself to finish him off because she's ~in love (which, meh), so she's waiting to meet him again so she could kill him this time. I don't want Chansung to be his reincarnation though. Chansung is a cinnamon roll; let him continue being too good and too pure for this world. :D

I disagree with the Princess and the captain not being really bad though. Murdering and oppressing people just because it's lawful and expected at the time doesn't make it good or right. :)

Other stuff I like/noted upon rewatch:

Spoiler

- Still can't get over shrewd chaebol Sanchez. I did take him for the harmless bumbling rich best friend, but how wrong I was. He's kind of scary when he's flexing his chaebol powers. :lol:

- Loved that scene with Bartender Kim and Madame Choi scouting locations. Loved her lace trench! LOL at the old location being within walking distance of a department store and a naengmyeon store. But sad that Man Wol was already planning to ditch Chansung then.

- Chansung being asleep for 3 days straight...if someone's not waking up for that long, even though he's still breathing, wouldn't you call for medical help? Or was Mi Ra's professional judgment "Eh, he'll be fine"? :lol:

• Like 4

The way she venting her inner grudges :sweatingbullets:

She spelled the curse calm and coold:sweat:

Guess who's felt shivering trough  all the night :unamused:

Hssss...

I love so much her expressive eyes:skull:

IMG-20190805-113504.jpg

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I like that theory that Man Wol is waiting for the captain, presumably to kill him. In Chansung's dream, when she started to draw her sword, the next sound was a clash of metal, so I guess he drew his sword too. But then if she didn't get to kill him then, wouldn't she have gone on a mission to track him down and kill him to get the final revenge for her squad instead of wandering off to look for the inn of the dead? Or maybe she got her chance but couldn't bring herself to finish him off because she's ~in love (which, meh), so she's waiting to meet him again so she could kill him this time. I don't want Chansung to be his reincarnation though. Chansung is a cinnamon roll; let him continue being too good and too pure for this world. :D

I disagree with the Princess and the captain not being really bad though. Murdering and oppressing people just because it's lawful and expected at the time doesn't make it good or right. :)

Reveal hidden contents

- Still can't get over shrewd chaebol Sanchez. I did take him for the harmless bumbling rich best friend, but how wrong I was. He's kind of scary when he's flexing his chaebol powers. :lol:

- Loved that scene with Bartender Kim and Madame Choi scouting locations. Loved her lace trench! LOL at the old location being within walking distance of a department store and a naengmyeon store. But sad that Man Wol was already planning to ditch Chansung then.

- Chansung being asleep for 3 days straight...if someone's not waking up for that long, even though he's still breathing, wouldn't you call for medical help? Or was Mi Ra's professional judgment "Eh, he'll be fine"? :lol:

Well assuming as what you write is right then JMW couldn't meets the two of them.

He/ the firefly Captain already reborn as pig could it be:joy:

But MG is so nice gives a chance to a princess just reborn as Human again to reunite with MW :lol:

So i will agreed  YW would be the next Millionaire guess to met MW to give her some money support and to ease her quilts and happily leave this world in purest CS heart guide 

And at the end all the characters life happily ever after..

Hmmm seems Beautiful ending :wub:

• Like 6

Watched without subs and here are my thoughts.

My crazy idea. I think she will kill the firefly guard again if he appear again in modern times????:crazy: So Mago is not going to send him . lol

She still resents her past! She needs to let go of it (if that is she don't want to know what really went down in her past)if she is to move on with Koo Chanseong.

I knew the minute FG confiscated the drinking bottle it was going to be a problem. And why did he not come with the bottle and just hang up the bottle on the tree! She should have listened to Yeonwoo and considered it as a trap.

Now she runs and hides away from Koo Chanseong without giving him a chance as she already made up her mind!

What I am trying to say is Manweol as a character is a bit rash in her decisions (its just my opinion)

----

Okay I need to go watch with subs now!

• Like 7

CM carrying his sword on his wedding night?

tumblr_pvn9ewhobK1ysdlreo2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_pvn9ewhobK1ysdlreo3_r2_1280.png

Two possibilities:

1) He knew ManWeol is going to be there and ready to kill him. 

2) He's also going to kill SoHwa but ManWol got there first.

1 hour ago, jen459 said:

I, too, have the same thoughts. And MaGo mentioned that MW needs to meet the wind and rain. Someone previously mentioned (sorry I forgot where I saw the post) that Yeon Woo means Misty Rain. But Captain’s name means balmy calm weather. So will there be another past character who’s the Wind? This drama is amazing!!!! 

That was me :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just wondering: was MW's sword gifted to her by Cap? Cause she is supposedly illiterate but it bears her name. Imagine slicing your crush with the sword he gifted you. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

25 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

Two possibilities:

3) He's going to kill the princess and then himself. His face looked resigned and there was no more smirking except the fake smile through the whole episode. He should not have confiscated Manweol's drinking bottle and let the princess find about the drinking bottle in his possession.

PS: I always forget you are not supposed to quote pics in this site! lol

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, kaxx said:

Just wondering: was MW's sword gifted to her by Cap? Cause she is supposedly illiterate but it bears her name. Imagine slicing your crush with the sword he gifted you. 

Oh that's what I thought too. Killed by what you made.

I hope they show this scene where he gifts it too her on the sly! lol.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

tumblr_pvn9ewhobK1ysdlreo2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_pvn9ewhobK1ysdlreo3_r2_1280.png

Two possibilities:

That was me :)

I honorably agree with second choice:kiss_wink:

IMG-20190805-114104.jpg

What's more hurts her is two men she loves dearly died because herself.

Man Wol aaa :bawling:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Hide contents

I maybe wrong and there is not much context about the past yet, but I dont think it was "oppression", Man Wol's gang were a band of criminals, imagine if you are an honest hard working trader and they robbed you at the middle of the desert. I am not for death penalty for our current time, but it was the way criminals were punished back then. We like Man Wol because we are seeing her perspective, but society lumps robbers with bad guys for good reason. :). I guess I am explaining this because I didn't like the Captain from the beginning, but when I frame it now as him just doing his duties (like an undercover detective infiltrating a drug gang, and he eventually turns over his brothers/comrades to the hands of the law, even if it hurts his heart), I am actually liking him (while everyone seem to be hating him). The same for the Princess, if anything, I am impressed that a female is in charge of her town/area at that time.

I love Madame Choi's dress, so very stylish. Yoona's clothes too are very high end at her age group.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Posted (edited)

Well....  I really don't like the 4th Ma Go ...why is it that there's so many of her anyway ?

:crazy:

On the other hand, i'm really liking Sanchez, he's nosy, frank, and in-your-face most of the time hahhha  

I wonder why his name is Sanchez though, is he part-Spanish or Mexican ? :lol:

A mixture of Cindy & JiAn

I've been seeing glimpse of IU's previous drama characters, but wow Man Wol can be really frightening.

I understand her anger, guilt and grief over Yeon Woo's death, but she had avenged his death way back then by executing that rotten princess and Chung Myung.  I mean could it not have ended there? death is the ultimate punishment right? so why after a thousand years she still holds the grudge, upon seeing Mi Ra, she wants to kill her the second time? that's overkill already.

And yeah if that princess re-appear as Mi Ra, i wonder...will Chung Myung and Yeon Woo would make an appearance again too? that would be interesting.

What happened to you Captain?

The turn of events in the friendship of CM, YW, and MW was both disappointing and confusing. 
My take on it just to give it some logic is that, CM and MW was all so-sweet with each other until MW told CM she's leaving and going away with their group (her group with YW).

It might be that CM has gotten jealous of YW because MW chose him, so he captured their group, had YW executed, but in order to save MW agreed to marry the rotten princess.  

So you see, our cutie Captain is not that all  innocent.  If his feelings for MW was sincere and true, he would have just allowed her group to leave peacefully.  But he was selfish, MW did not choose him, so he better just make them all miserable anyway.  :mellow:

But at the later part of Episode 10, the scene was cut at MW charging at him with her sword, we just don't know yet if he just stood there and received the blow, or did he fought back and hit her too?

Edited by berny2
  • Like 8

Hmm.. we have Nam Da Reum doing a cameo. Reincarnation perhaps?

Pqn3Pn.jpg

Firefly or Yeon Woo.....

PS. I really hope CS is not the reincarnation of anyone. It's just that he has a connection to MW, set in motion by Ma Go.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

Two possibilities:

I'm going with the second one.

After he fell in love with JMW, he wanted to choose his heart (JMW) over his duty (Princess), but I'm sure the princess threaten him that she'll kill JMW and her people and label CM as a traitor to his country. This got CM to choose his duty and married the princess. After the wedding, she still killed JMW and her people, that he was planning on killing her, but JMW got to her first.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Anyway if based on what they say that if you have been wicked and bad in your previous life, you'll be reincarnated into some animal specie ? 

Then that Princess / Mi-Ra  should have came back over and over again as a  slimy slug... ewwwww yuck 

:angry:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I think that was why she had the bracelet. Due to the buildup of negative karma so it was meant to protect her from bad things.

Then MW destroyed that bracelet when MiRa gave it to her willingly.

I guess you must have done a horrendous crime to get the 'animal reborn' as punishment.

Technically, she didn't kill anyone. Only ordered people to.

MW herself though, she killed a lot of people.

Remember what happened to the guy who uploaded the video. He lived a 'good' life without repercussions from his act but he still got punished . Albeit much much later.

jSDy9c.png

I do feel for Ghost 13 but she took the path of revenge so that put her in the sights of Death Mago.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1