[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

This episode definitely gave us a better scope of the past however it still doesn’t explain MW’s grave sin.

Now, we understand that she killed a lot of people. However, we can understand why MW felt so betrayed that it pushed her to edge. I don’t think she ever thought that the person who would kill the man who loved her the most will be the one whom she loved the most. She, as the leader, couldn’t protect her people. So in the mist of it all, she felt betrayed by love and status. It is obvious that FG felt uncomfortable in all this (his expression said it all) but I don’t think he had any intention to save everyone else but MW. 

I dont hate the princess but I don’t favor her either. I don’t think she could bear anyone else loving her man. This can be seen when she shows up at the pier suddenly and then told CS she just came to bother him. Even as an ex, she can’t leave him alone. In the past, she seemed to have been the mastermind. FG simply went along even though he was uncomfortable. This brings me to question if his feelings for MW is sincere. Honestly, it felt like he really did like/love MW. But we see so little of it in such crucial moments only. So we have to decide for ourselves if he really loved her or not. To me, i think he did. It didn’t seem like he liked the Princess either. But, he still did betray MW and i am sure he knew it too from the look of her eyes after YW was hung. Now then, what about the bridal confrontation? It seems to me like FG was expecting MW. His expression told me that he was expecting her to be back. However we don’t know if she killed him. My guess is that she did kill him. The reason she went looking for the inn was to bring her gang peace. Her thousand year old grudge is all about FG and Princess.

according to Mago, MR went through many lives to finally be human again. Even so, her karma followed. This means MR is still paying for her past deeds too. I have a feeling CS is not either YW or FG. MW failed to protect YW but here we have CS who believes in MW so much when it comes to protection. I find it so sweet whenever CS reminds her that he has her with him so he isn’t scared. It is what MW needs since inside she feels betrayed and guilty for not being able to protect those she loved.

*it sure is hard typing on a phone lol*

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

The ghost sub plot for episode 8 was pretty much pointless and resolved quickly. It didn't really add anything to the overall plot. Why did the grandma's imagination haunt the house? I was more interested in Mon Wol's past and her connection with Mi Ra. 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

being reborn as pig or chicken has shorter lifespan cos they get slaughtered for food once fattened up :joy: 

if we are going into reincarnation for YW and CM.. who knows they might have been CS and Sanchez then.. hahaha :grimace:

anyway i can only get to watch both episodes tonite so i can only lurk around to read all ur exciting plot speculations!! :kiss_wink:

You guys  never filed made me laughed hard:joy:

I love comments with much satirical lines.

You really has good sense of humor.:P

HDL amazingly has so many humorous lines and bantering cutest irony.

With just recalling this and that's scene could bright me up.

Ps.does any friends here has most hilarious scene whatever  you recall made you laughed every then and now?

Spoiler

For me the most funniest despite JMW leopard legging is DKS expression and his  repetitive lines  The ways  he felt  not fits with his recent reality in100days prince still made me cracking up.

Oh. Man..i admire his poker un bothered expression so much:P

No wonder he has so much potential as big actor like Jieun both is  amazing idol turn to be great actor.

:heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

The Princess paid for her sins, I think. She was reborn many times so she most probably has had chances to redeem herself. I would like Sanchez to be Yeon Woo. He seems like a guy living a good life due to his good karma. As for Chan Seung and Man Wol....love how they say simple things to each other....nothing fancy....I will be by your side even if this is your hell or cage....I won't leave you so protect me....This is torture....I won't let you be tortured with me....they love each other, put each other before their own self...I find the simplicity of their emotions refreshing.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

Just done watching with sub.

Strangely, after watching with sub, I don't feel like to comment on her past anymore. I think of nothing else except for MW to be able to grow old with CS, have a fulfilling, happy and being loved life this time around when her time starts to flow again. I still wonder the real meaning behind 1st MaGo's  words, about her time will start to flow again. I hope it means she will be able to grow old and spend her time with the loved one, just as Yeon Woo's wish for her. It could also mean, she can choose to cross the Sanzu River or spend a lifetime with CS - she finally able to choose afterlife or keep living on. OR her time is up and she must cross to afterlife (I'm preparing my heart to be broken if this will be happened :tears:).

When she asked 1st MaGo whether "he" will come as well... I get the feeling that at this lifetime, those people in her past, they are all have been reincarnated with the same face just like Mira did, and CS is not anyone's reincarnation. As I suggest in my previous post, CS might be sent by MaGo to not only open her heart again, but also to hold her down from harming human and "absorb" her grudge, so she won't be an evil spirit when she unleash her grudge when she sees each one of the same faces from her past. His pure and loving heart is the opposite of MW, and CS is the only one who could manage MW's strong grudge.  With the help of that mysterious potion from 2nd MaGo, I think that's the reason CS still able to be alive after absorbing that much of evil energy... the "stamina" he really need. 

The first half of the drama focused on flashback of MW's story on how did she became the owner of the hotel and what happened in her past that caused her to be tied up to the place, as well as her meeting the princess reincarnation as Lee Mira. She was able to see how did the life of the princess reincarnation turned out to be and plot her way of vengeance. I think the other 2 are on their way to appear in front of her in the second half. I wonder who will be shown first - Yeon Woo or Chung Myung? I prefer she met CM first. From there, maybe CS will be able to dream of the past from CM point of view since all this while it seems he was dreaming from MW's point of view. Something from the past that she had no knowledge of would be 1000 years worth of revelation to her. Then, seeing the life of YW's reincarnation, would be her closure of her unresolved issues.

But, I think, before the revelation, MW will probably go full force to harm CM, more than what she did to Mira. In the process, I think CS will go unconscious for longer time due to absorbing the immense dark energy MW unleash from her grudge. Maybe during his unconsciousness, he will travel again to the past in his dream to see the story from CM's side. CS would be the one who reveal to her what really happened in the past, and makes her realize what mistakes she did what sin had she committed to be punished with frozen time. Seeing YW's being happy in his life would serve a closure for her. 

Well, these are all just my imagination for what could happen in the next second half of the drama. Whether Hong Sisters prepared more twist and turns to the drama, 

I only wish to see MW would be able to smile brightly again and with heart filled with love as she did under the tree in her past. :blush:

• Like 10
  • Insightful 5

46 minutes ago, kboramint said:

The ghost sub plot for episode 8 was pretty much pointless and resolved quickly. It didn't really add anything to the overall plot. Why did the grandma's imagination haunt the house? I was more interested in Mon Wol's past and her connection with Mi Ra. 

That's scene a bit of but important to MW from that's  scene she get idea to vent her grudge against Mira/lSH reincarnation.

How to manipulated humans memory.

Time for Jang Man Wol fashion shows 

IMG-20190805-161639.jpg

IMG-20190805-161633.jpg

IMG-20190805-161644.jpg

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I think the spirit of the woman's memories or desire to create an alternate life as that young girl lived on. And manifested itself as a spirit with no human soul.

I think it's where MW got the idea to use MiRa's memories of her family but to turn it into a nightmare.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

8 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think the spirit of the woman's memories or desire to create an alternate life as that young girl lived on. And manifested itself as a spirit with no human soul.

I think it's where MW got the idea to use MiRa's memories of her family but to turn it into a nightmare.

For me, that subplot is meaningful if we look it from MW's point of view.

When i watched the scene, what the granny did by creating Kyung Ah and her words about how she forgotten about being Kyung Ah because of her son, for a moment, I wonder what would MW will learn from the granny case. Is she going to use that as an idea to get back to Mira, or she will take the meaning of the granny's action of letting go as she have something more precious now - CS ad her budding feeling for him.

Of course, MW's mind has been fully occupied with the thought of getting her revenge, she eventually used the idea to create the younger Mira based on the image in the photo and filled the girl with her grudge and hatred, to mess with Mira's head into thinking she is unwanted and cursed child in the family that should not have been born. 

In addition, through that Kyung Ah subplot, MW learned that there is a bracelet has been protecting Mira all this time from evil spirit or ghost or bad luck. So, it is not totally meaningless. 

Ah, I think Mira's grandmother might have gotten that bracelet from MaGo to give it to Mira. Else, how would her grandmother knew exactly that she has negative karmic in her life due to her past? Going to shaman? Nahhh.. I bet that shaman was MaGo in disguise. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, nikki7 said:

And like many user has commented here, it IS weird that CM is dressed in a white robe rather than a red one we have seen in previous flashback. So there's 2 guys who visited the princess chamber that night?

May I ask what ep was that where the one who visited the chamber was wearing a red one because seems like I didn't see that and I can only remember the flashback of the wedding chamber part in ep 5 but the man who entered was wearing white..

• Like 6

He's really grown up.

KNnJFd.png

And the sadness in her gaze and voice.

qxqhvj.png

I would say the relationship between MW and CS now is still a delicate dance. Dancing around how they really feel for each other. Caring for each other is there, the trust that CS has in MW (no matter what she does or has done)in protecting him and how MW will protect CS even from her own curse.

Things are going to get interesting in the second half. I do think we will see the reincarnated selves of CM (Firefly) and/or Yeon Woo. In any case, she also needs to get some peace and feel forgiven for what she has done to them, especially Yeon Woo.

PS CS reminds me a lot of YW. The absolute trust he has in her.

• Like 13

I just came to say my 2 cent about manwol and chansung relationship.. Its so refreshing to see a relationship with absolute trust and care about each other.. They don't have that spark and fall in love thing but more slow burn kinda love..

The kiss scene usually is a big deal but not for them.. The line that they speak to each other hold more meaning rather than physical thing.. The way chansung really believe manwol will protect him warm my heart.. I guess in a way they both deeply care for each other and then slowly turning to love.. I really can't wait for next week ep when their love story unfold.. 

992D4A4D5D47D6AF086002

Cr.. moment92511

Edited by Lily92
  • Like 10

Is there any explanation, why the princess said "thanks to you all your gang member is being killed" they can just capture all of them without luring MW to that lake right?

And how CM said thank you for letting me buy some time, why he has to wait for so long to capture all of them?

I keep replaying the scene when the captain said "should i go to you instead?", i feel like he is waiting for her to just say A WORD, like a word is enough, in which she said don't T.T. Is the captain already knew they are going to capture them, that's why he wanted to elope with MW? and told MW to go to palace so she doesn't get captured?

I feel like CS is really CM, since MW told him to save Mira, it's your job (like captain), and if they are different person, why the writer give them the same surname?

If Sanchez is YW, then all of this make sense, but why they use the same actor for the princess though?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

Ps.does any friends here has most hilarious scene whatever  you recall made you laughed every then and now?

i think i’m easily amused by every scene when MW is gulping down champagne and eating fruit platter and everytime she is in her office or hall, the plates and high tea sets are there fully flourished with delicate food :grimace: even emperors dun have such luxury LOL

i think as a princess, pure capturing MW is effortless.. to kill all her people and let her witness that will bring much torture to MW and much satisfaction to the princess.. she wants her to know her power.

ok i’m going to finish up my noodles (pathetic noodles, no caviar) take a quick bath and start my ep7 & 8 :kiss_wink:

• Like 5

Its just my opinion about recarnation topic..

I don't think CS is either CM or YW.. I think its made a clear when the princess being reborn as the same person.. Also i think its possible that CM or even YW being reborn at this present time. If actually CM is a good person its does't change the fact that he have a direct hand in killing YW.. So maybe the issue here is CM want to ask forgiveness.. YW exist to finally make MW at peace by forgiving her for her action that lead his death (even if he willingly die for her sobs...) so at the end the climax of this drama is when CM will enter MW life back.. Also when MW ask MaGo will 'he' come too for me refering toward CM..

CS for me is a guardian that MaGo send to MW to actually heal her and show there is true love and kindness in this world.. That's why he the only one can bring change to the moon tree.. But as always i think there are more plot twist cause all the clue are vague and they really keep us guessing..

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ellander88 said:

For me, that subplot is meaningful if we look it from MW's point of view.

When i watched the scene, what the granny did by creating Kyung Ah and her words about how she forgotten about being Kyung Ah because of her son, for a moment, I wonder what would MW will learn from the granny case. Is she going to use that as an idea to get back to Mira, or she will take the meaning of the granny's action of letting go as she have something more precious now - CS ad her budding feeling for him.

It was very interesting story and your explanation is so on point, so this is just me thinking aloud about this subplot. It was a mechanism to introduce the audience to the curse that Man Wol was to give Mi Ra, but just as the other ghost stories, is a good mirror to the main plot.

Granny is a happy person now, but there was a point in her life when the sadness was so strong that it gained a life of its own to comfort her. Nothing is free though, and her fictional life was a double edged sword, it allowed her to survive that sad period of her life, but also ended up unintentionally causing trouble for the son and wife at present time. If I was Granny, I would feel too sentimental and might have hesitated to burn my old notebooks and postcards, but she understood that her son's welfare is more important, and she let go of Kyung Ah (who might have felt like a friend) with peace.

Man Wol's guilt was so strong that it created the hotel because she wanted to see and comfort the ghosts of her crew. The hotel ended up comforting other souls, but Man Wol is blind to the good she has done and is not able to let go of her guilt. I dont know how the other managers who chose to work for her were like, but now, Chan Seung is showing joy from taking care of the ghosts, the sort of joy that if Man Wol had been able to appreciate the last thousand years, should have healed her. The good energy left by the happy guests made the flowers in the hotel's garden bloom, but were not enough to make the tree bloom. Ma Go #1 had then realized that she has to tap directly into Man Wol's past for healing, and brought Chan Seung (the parallel of Granny's son). Maybe, if they had more time, Man Wol would have been completely healed by Chan Seung. But the other deities are also playing with different endings in mind, and so Mi Ra got entangled early on.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, nikki7 said:

And like many user has commented here, it IS weird that CM is dressed in a white robe rather than a red one we have seen in previous flashback. So there's 2 guys who visited the princess chamber that night? 

2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

May I ask what ep was that where the one who visited the chamber was wearing a red one because seems like I didn't see that and I can only remember the flashback of the wedding chamber part in ep 5 but the man who entered was wearing white..

I wonder too. Because I remembered commenting about how hard our chingus here doing facial recognition, all eagerly claiming the edgy jaw belong to CS. Hahahaha.. But, from what I remembered, the man in the flashback was wearing pastel white, the same as what CM wore in ep. 8. :blink:

I thought, did I missed  the scene even after watching at least 3 times every time the episode aired when our chingu here said he enters in red robe in previous flashback. :grimace:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

I thought, did I missed  the scene even after watching at least 3 times every time the episode aired when our chingu here said he enters in red robe in previous flashback. :grimace:

My bad, it was white. I was remembering the curtain color, haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, Ondine said:

I chose the word "oppression" thinking of a wider context, like governments in the past and present having laws that oppress people, my bad for not clarifying. :) I guess to me, the "good" and "bad" labels are too reductive. I think most people are both "good" and "bad" in different ways, except for cinnamon roll Chansung who is too good and too pure. :D

I agree with what you and aria26 both said. On one hand, we see MW and her gang robbing the princess and her entourage. As the captain of her guard, he does have a duty to round up the gang. On the other, during that era, it could be that times were bad, I recall MW saying she and her gang were going to join some sort of rebellion so that they can turn the fate of the country around. So the country probably wasn't in a good shape and people found it hard to put food on the table, etc. Although that probably isn't a good enough excuse to turn to highway robbery, it was likely a time where everyman looked out for himself. To be fair, she did tell the captain of the guard that it was better to join the rebellion than to be captured and killed for her activities. So, she knew what she was getting herself into.

But, I think her 1000-year old sin is that she can't forgive herself, it is the burden of immense guilt that she has been carrying with her.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, aria26 said:

It was very interesting story and your explanation is so on point, so this is just me thinking aloud about this subplot. It was a mechanism to introduce the audience to the curse that Man Wol was to give Mi Ra, but just as the other ghost stories, is a good mirror to the main plot.

Granny is a happy person now, but there was a point in her life when the sadness was so strong that it gained a life of its own to comfort her. Nothing is free though, and her fictional life was a double edged sword, it allowed her to survive that sad period of her life, but also ended up unintentionally causing trouble for the son and wife at present time. If I was Granny, I would feel too sentimental and might have hesitated to burn my old notebooks and postcards, but she understood that her son's welfare is more important, and she let go of Kyung Ah (who might have felt like a friend) with peace.

Man Wol's guilt was so strong that it created the hotel because she wanted to see and comfort the ghosts of her crew. The hotel ended up comforting other souls, but Man Wol is blind to the good she has done and is not able to let go of her guilt. I dont know how the other managers who chose to work for her were like, but now, Chan Seung is showing joy from taking care of the ghosts, the sort of joy that if Man Wol had been able to appreciate the last thousand years, should have healed her. The good energy left by the happy guests made the flowers in the hotel's garden bloom, but were not enough to make the tree bloom. Ma Go #1 had then realized that she has to tap directly into Man Wol's past for healing, and brought Chan Seung (the parallel of Granny's son). Maybe, if they had more time, Man Wol would have been completely healed by Chan Seung. But the other deities are also playing with different endings in mind, and so Mi Ra got entangled early on.

Thank you chingu for elaborating further and aloud the thought I had about granny/KyungAh subplot and how the interpretation to the event leads to MW's decision and action. I am not good with expressing thought and ideas in written since I have limited English vocab as it's not my mother tongue. You have expressed it in figuratively more on point than I did regarding the meaning behind the writers' intention of inserting such seems meaningless subplot to the story. When I really like a drama, I thought a lot about the intention the writer(s) had behind every sequence of the plot and subplot they put in. :blush:

The Moon Tree is MW, MW is the Moon Tree as depicted in episode 8. 

While the garden was filled with blooming flowers over a millenium, symbolizing the guest left happily to the afterlife , on the contrary the tree is neither alive as it does not bear any leaves or flowers nor dying as it still rooted to the ground - representing MW's state of being for all those years. 

For the first half of the drama, I would like to applause Hong Sisters for brilliantly weaving the subplot into each episode mirroring the interpretation for the main plot, for MW or CS to take notice of the meaning. Even the small talks, dialogues, monologues or narrations that sometimes felt meaningless or just funny were actually served as symbolic representation that carry a weight of meaning to the story line. 

Oh dear, I have a lot of thought now, but I can't put it all into words. :tired:

I will just retreat from here and go back to watch from episode 1 again. :lol:

@Yana Mujay  I have some (Top 3) that never leave my mind and always find it hilarious every time I watch the scenes

1) Leopard print leggings

2) CS finds MW can actually run 

3) When MW said she would say Hi to him if she reborn as chicken and ends up in chicken kalguksu. 

Even just thinking and typing about those scenes make me laugh by myself :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3