[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

59 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Look at it this way.....Chocolate and Sugar tastes nice but it can give you diabetes.....CM and MW are that way....they have a intense love hate relationship that has connected them for 1000 years but neither had been able to do anything good for each other...in fact they have done more harm to each other and the collateral damage has been insanely large.....CS has spent a few months yet MW has made more progress to restore her inner peace, smiled more genuinely and even forgiven herself to an extent over that period....why??? Because CS is not a Knight in shining armor who burns bright only for moments....he is that quite, genuinely nice, decent guy who will stand by you and just be there as an umbrella shielding you from both intense heat and cold rain....when life throws curve balls at you....you don't need grand romance....what you need is a steady hand to just hold on to face the storm...somebody to just be there for you....for me CS is one of the best written Korean drama male lead so far in a way....because I find his qualities more appealing and realistic....just saying

Love the analogy.  I also love that CS is just a normal human being who is also a kind gentleman, compared to all the magical being that have extra power etc.  In this context he seems to be the unique one among the non human being in his daily surrounding and that is his strength. 

Looking forward to what is in store for us by the writers till the end.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, laola said:

I find selfish and self serving and i still dont understand why everyone MW considered family had to die and even if they why did he think MW would be okay with it or did he think she would appreciate being left alive while watching her people die. I dont understand his thought process. He then decides to die in the most selfish way. Chooses to remain as a firefly while robbing MW a chance of resolution. I would have sympathised with him more if mago kept him that way in order to protect MW from going full evil. But he chooses this himself and in past 1000+ never realised that him not letting go is hurting MW because since he cant reincarnate MW cant find peace. Also the body switch is weird because if he just wanted to talk with MW there would be no misunderstanding he could just tell her the truth and leave but from the preview it seems like he chooses to hang around in CS

I've been struggling to figure out why CM unsettled me and why I never really warmed up to him, or be enchanted by him; was it his tendency to smirk a lot? (lolololol) Was it his ever-so-murky intentions? And now I know, it was these things you wrote. CM had spent some time not only with MW, but also YW (and I believe, this also meant he had kinda, sorta, familiarized himself with all the thief gang), enough to get a good grasp what they meant for MW. And for him to give his life to MW, so to speak, well... the notion may seem romantic but yes, it was also selfish. Of course MW wanted him to die and I never doubted this, but MW wanted him to die by her hands, on her terms, in the way she wanted him to. CM may had loved her, but he had never actually understood her. 

Now I don't want to be that person, but the difference with CS is glaring and so in your face you may need to wear shades. 

(I also don't think CS is boring. No, he is faaaaar from that. He is prim and proper and has a good head on his shoulders but he is no pushover. Everything that has happened in his life is pretty much his choice. Was sold and thus, obligated to work for MW? lolnope, but imma see what your gigs are about then I decide it myself. Was given meds so that he can't see ghosts anymore? good idea, but I ain't about that lyfe because boss is cute and annoying and me likes it. Said boss assumed he was above being pathetic over dead lover? he went all "that's cute, babe, but I will be clingy and pathetic and overdramatic if you're gone and do not assume the otherwise. now shut up. And what makes you think I will survive it?" Also, the way he confronted Jiwon both in college and adulthood? Hot. perfect character is perfect.)

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, jonginschicken said:

I've been struggling to figure out why CM unsettled me and why I never really warmed up to him, or be enchanted by him; was it his tendency to smirk a lot? (lolololol) Was it his ever-so-murky intentions? And now I know, it was these things you wrote. CM had spent some time not only with MW, but also YW (and I believe, this also meant he had kinda, sorta, familiarized himself with all the thief gang), enough to get a good grasp what they meant for MW. And for him to give his life to MW, so to speak, well... the notion may seem romantic but yes, it was also selfish. Of course MW wanted him to die and I never doubted this, but MW wanted him to die by her hands, in her terms, in the way she wanted him to. CM may had loved her, but he had never actually understood her. 

Now I don't want to be that person, but the difference with CS is glaring and so in your face you may need to wear shades. 

(I also don't think CS is boring. No, he is faaaaar from that. He is prim and proper and has a good head on his shoulders but he is no pushover. Everything that has happened in his life is pretty much his choice. Was sold and thus, obligated to work for MW? lolnope, but imma see what your gigs are about then I decide it myself. Was given meds so that he can't see ghosts anymore? good idea, but I ain't about that lyfe because boss is cute and annoying and me likes it. Said boss assumed he was above being pathetic over dead lover? he went all "that's cute, babe, but I will be clingy and pathetic and overdramatic if you're gone and do not assume the otherwise. now shut up. And what makes you think I will survive it?" Also, the way he confronted Jiwon both in college and adulthood? Hot. perfect character is perfect.)

I agree with you about Cs he is one of the most resolute and clear headed character in the sea of confused souls. I love the way his character have unpacked over the episodes

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So basically Smirkalot stabbed himself so he could cop a feel. So romantic. :lol: (But really, ewwwwww.)

Chansung always calling Man Wol's bluff whenever it gets the least bit sexual. Taking your opportunities, eh. I see you, I see you. :lol: But Man Wol, can you really handle this?

Spoiler

He put the "abs" in My ABSolute Boyfriend mwahahahahaha! :lol:

No wonder Man Wol loves Unnie Ma Go. I should have known. :lol: And poor Madame Choi. :tears: I love that Man Wol cares deeply about her hotel family, and also love Madame Choi's funny friendship with Kim Sun Bi. Before they all leave they should have a staff gathering where they drink Tears while belting out So Chan Whee's "Tears." :D

Man Wol's been talking about getting Chansung in her bed, but Mira got her man in bed first (well, Chansung's bed bwahaha). Girl, she got you beat! Are you really going to let her win? :lol:

Also Chansung cramming as much cheesiness and sweetness in before Man Wol leaves. Well, it's working on Man Wol (and me), hehehe. I love how Man Wol admitted their relationship so casually to Sun Bi too. At least he already figured out that Chansung had his heart set on someone else.

Re: Rich Ma Go's "first guest" thing, I saw an interpretation on Twitter that it could be Chansung running HDL and Man Wol coming in as his first guest. Actually I've seen quite a bit of speculation that Chansung will end up running HDL after Man Wol leaves. Personally, I wouldn't like that; I'd rather he remain alive and live out his life span. Can't he become rich and be a top-tier hotelier like Moon Sook, and then the first guest that comes in on his first day at a new swanky hotel is Man Wol, because heaven threw her out when she kept on whining about not having enough champagne and cars (I forgot which member here mentioned that before), and they sent her back to Chansung to reform her ways. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

here is a quote from: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/08/20/hotel-del-luna-ep-12-schrodingers-firefly/

"The Captain was trying hard NOT to give in to his traitorous feelings FOR Manwol. He wanted Manwol to live BUT he also didn’t want to live as a traitor to his nation. So he compromised. He took a gamble.

For me, Manwol interpreted that sight of his bleeding hand as proof that he wasn’t going to throw her a “lifeline.” He’d rather bleed silently,  stoically, than give in to his urge to rescue her. He was unlike Chansung who was always running to her side and throwing caution to the wind."

It seems to me that Captain's ambition/reputation is more important to him than MW, more important than his life. I have nothing against him about that (I care about my image too and I have dreams too). But that just doesn't make him appear romantic to me.

Also, Chan Seong's level headedness is perfect for MW's situation. He doesn't let go of her, he chooses to stay by her side and just face the consequences of her going (even if he will be left hurting alone). He wants to make best use of their time together. He could "protect" MW too by moving away, but he will just leave her (and him) brokenhearted, so he doesn't do such nonsense. Also, CS always tells MW to trust him, so maybe, he is trying to find ways out of her predicament too. Maybe he is roaming the Sanzu Bridge now, looking for a solution :)

• Like 7
  • Love 2

When I watched the ep live, I thought of CM immediately when the "first guest" was mentioned - the rich Mago only mentioned "첫 손님" and didn't specify whether it was his first guest or the hotel's first guest (realised subsequently the subs chose to put "your first guest" but in Korean it wasn't clear/up for us to interpret). Also in the next scene, Sunbi was asking the Grim Reaper about a guest where the hotel staff are not aware of so I was thinking CM should be the first guest... he was with MW when the guesthouse first appeared.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

19 minutes ago, yellowreign said:

When I watched the ep live, I thought of CM immediately when the "first guest" was mentioned - the rich Mago only mentioned "첫 손님" and didn't specify whether was his first guest or the hotel's first guest (realised subsequently the subs chose to put "your first guest" but in Korean it wasn't clear/up for us to interpret). Also in the next scene, Sunbi was asking the Grim Reaper about a guest where the hotel staff are not aware off so I was thinking CM should be the first guest... he was with MW when the guesthouse first appeared.

Hmmm. I did not connect those scenes at all. Now it makes sense. Thanks!

In the Korean, was MaGo 5's goodbye to MW also stressed? Because it seemed to me she emphasize it, while she told CS that she will be seeing a lot of him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, laola said:

So i have binged watch HDL in the last two 3 days so might be missing a few details. But I cant for the life of me understand why every one on my twitter tl is going gaga over CM and why CS is so much under praised or people think he is boring or have no passion. In my personal opinion i find CM a bit annoying since the beginning. I find selfish and self serving and i still dont understand why everyone MW considered family had to die and even if they why did he think MW would be okay with it or did he think she would appreciate being left alive while watching her people die. I dont understand his thought process. He then decides to die in the most selfish way. Chooses to remain as a firefly while robbing MW a chance of resolution. I would have sympathised with him more if mago kept him that way in order to protect MW from going full evil. But he chooses this himself and in past 1000+ never realised that him not letting go is hurting MW because since he cant reincarnate MW cant find peace. Also the body switch is weird because if he just wanted to talk with MW there would be no misunderstanding he could just tell her the truth and leave but from the preview it seems like he chooses to hang around in CS

I don't think CM is overrated, everyone is hating him here, but I'm ok with both CM and CS, each of them has different love story,  with CS is more like romantic comedy and with CM it's more like bittersweet love story with some mysteries and unlike MW and CS which both have confirmed they loved each other we all just wait for room 404 scene and more skinship and what is the ending which I don't dare to hope too much.

And the CM one, there are regrets and misunderstanding that hasn't been solved, like scarlet heart ending, everyone is still heartbroken, that's why I'm still curious what really happened, they haven't revealed the scene when CM was waiting for her in the lake. 

I think the writer is trying to portray CM is the first love, boyfriend material (someone you have crush on, but you are both probably still young and MAYBE it's not true love just romantic attraction), and CS is the last love that is mature, about understanding each other, comfortable that is like husband material.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, aria26 said:

Hmmm. I did not connect those scenes at all. Now it makes sense. Thanks!

In the Korean, was MaGo 5's goodbye to MW also stressed? Because it seemed to be she emphasize it, while she told CS that she will be seeing a lot of him.

Yes! She said "잘 가라" with an emphasis and that smile and a deep look... my first thought was like, is she referring to MW's reincarnation or something... hahaha

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yellowreign said:

Yes! She said "잘 가라" with an emphasis and that smile and a deep look... my first thought was like, is she referring to MW's reincarnation or something... hahaha

you mean MaGo is expecting MW to go away and be reincarnated soon? haha. I stil don't know what to make of haha

• Like 3

Translation of the IG post. Man Wol out here warning all the people eyeing her man. :D

The other IG post:

Spoiler

On another note, I keep replaying that part in the scene where Man Wol threatened to take all of his clothes, when his voice goes all soft and he drops it even lower: "I don't think [you can handle it]." Kyaaaa!!1!!1 I don't want to perv on him but why must he do these things! (I feel ya, Man Wool!) :w00t:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ondine said:

On another note, I keep replaying that part in the scene where Man Wol threatened to take all of his clothes, when his voice goes all soft and he drops it even lower: "I don't think [you can handle it]." Kyaaaa!!1!!1 I don't want to perv on him but why must he do these things! (I feel ya, Man Wool!) :w00t:

CM stole her baby CS' precious body, what will go down then? hehe

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

After watching ep 13, I decided to root for CS only, he is the most clear headed person here, everyone else is crazy and confused at one point or another haha. Go go Go Chan Seung!!!! -_--_--_- 

(But isn't going to tunnel run by feet after a car too foolish, man? tsk tsk. I pass it as K-drama logic then.)

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

LMFAO! IU spoiling the scene for tonight's episode! Hahahaha..

Seems like they will fight tonight as the reflection of their past self. 

I was expecting to see MW in action scene with her modern, chick "suitable" cloth for fighting. I guess not then. No time to change cloth when your archenemy appear in front of you. Back to basic. Hahaha! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Just now, zhangrain said:

(But isn't going to tunnel run by feet after a car too foolish, man? tsk tsk. I pass it as K-drama logic then.)

I'm not sure it's his fault, no one tells him anything. They dont have a safety briefing in that hotel, how can they stay registered with the city

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1