[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/08/16/hotel-del-luna-on-ariadnes-ball-of-thread/

does this mean CS is Dionysus? 

(anyway, my full name is ariadne and I grew up hating theseus, could be the same reason I am not fond of CM - even if I did not see any connection. Dionysus - the savior - have always been the love of my childhood fantasies, and I would not mind CS taking his form in this drama hehe)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

IU gets better with each drama. She is killing it in this drama!! The Hong sisters will always rip your heart out in episode 12. I remember crying like a newborn episode 12 of Masters' Sun and I cried like a baby with this one. I have no idea of whats to come but all I ask for is a complete ending, none of this open ending where you have to figure it out for yourself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aria26 said:

if that happens, can Sulli come back and comfort CS? they will build a hotel empire and enjoy this lifetime together :p

(although that could be the noble idiot route, MW tries hurting CS feelings so he wont be sad when she goes. oh that is terrible... as terrible as the thought I just had of CS-Sulli having a reincarnated MW as daughter to be soulmates with MR-YW's son being reincarnated CM, goodness, please dont go that way haha)

but this show had always been billed as a rom-com :) the twist would have been if MW and CS actually turned out platonic. for me, this is one of the best written dramas I've seen (so far)

Honestly when I think best written dramas I think no plot holes (the show is too out there for this to be an issue with something new being introduced constantly) and character development which pretty much every character lacks other than IU. But she get 90% of the screentime so you'd have to be a really bad writer if she wasn't developed

I just think the story and characters could be more engaging - these last few weeks I haven't been rushing to watch the new episodes as there's not much going onto entice me personally.

At this point I'm just curious if they "kill" off the two main characters at the end

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1

I love episode 12 Omg! especially the scene when they thought Chansung died, the build up and the comedic timing is so on point, Jingoo's acting when he opened the door with that bleeding forehead, he really looks like dead, soulless and then IU going closer to him and checking then when she turn around and I was like is he? ahhh then bamm nyahahahaa so funny aigooo..... :lol:

Then that fight between chansung and manwol I get it sometimes we need to straighforwardly say to people the truth in order for them to move on fast than telling lies it just prolong the agony, the pain. Sanchez has to face it in order for him to move on. It hurts but yeah that's life. :( And that's what Man wol wants Chansung to do too if the time comes that she has to leave him.

And so why is Chansung paying a price when it's not his choice at first to be involve in ghost world? Is falling in love that bad that he has to pay for it? Unless Chansung's past life involve in that story behind MW, YW, CM and the Princess, maybe will see the whole picture in upcoming episodes, 4 more and its finished :(

My guess would be Chansung won't get marry after Manwol leaves, This would be his choice to stay in the hotel to be closer to Man Wol's memories, planting a tree take care of it while watching the moon until he gets old and eventually dies? And this I believe what Man wol is scared off. Coz she knows how it feels to be alone, being lonely and tied with all those memories from someone. I hope this won't happen coz its cruel and very very sad.

Will Hong Sisters plays the reencarnation card at the end for both Manwol and Chansung?  Hmmm... We'll find out soon.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

After watching episode 12 and crying again, all i want to say is: CS and MW needs to stay together as they are now. Their love is so beautifully sad that i just don’t want them to be separated. 

After 1000 years, MW finally feels what it is to feel loved again. Her past with CM even though they liked each other, just ended tragically. This time, MW has to go through another tragedy and it’s so painful to watch:bawling:

i am so glad CM is not the reincarnation of CS. But to know he stayed behind as a firefly was so heartbreaking. Mago mentions that it was due to a promise. I am trying to remember exactly which promise is it. Perhaps we haven’t seen it yet. However, I believe he will be the final test for MW. 

This episode packed a lot of emotions. There were sweet and bitter moments and even sad scenes where i teared up. Sanchez crying for his love is exactly what we will do when faced with a situation like his. We will do anything to see that person again. The parents scene also makes us realize that if given a chance to live just a bit more then of course we will take it. Both very short but impactful scenes.

the thing about this drama is that we are not given directly the reasons why scenes are occurring as they do. We as the audience have to connect to it and make sense of it. I don’t mind the fact that we got a short scene of CS mom or Sanchez’s girlfriend. In real life, if we were faced with such situations, we may even react the same way. 

As for the kiss, I actually really love it. It wasn’t a complete statue kiss but it was the endearing type where they know they are not going to end up happy but what the heck, this is our love kind of kiss. I like it and I actually like the scene when MW and CS hold hands at the acupuncture place. Both are protective and not wanting to let go. 

At this point, i wonder exactly what price does CS have to pay. Mago makes it sound like it is something so huge that if MW finds out, it would destroy her emotionally. I am hoping that the fate of MW and CS takes a turn, and someone (another kind of Mago) actually has the power to keep MW and CS together. There are plenty of Magos. Surely there is one who will turn in their favor. Please. Watching these two love the way they do..is too sad. 

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

BEHIND THE SCENES OF EPISODES 11 and 12 :w00t:

https://tv.naver.com/v/9575798

DYIIIIIIIING AT THE KISS SCENES :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

They got YJG a Baby Shark birthday cake! :lol: He was thanking her, so was it her doing?

During the dinner date scene, both of them continuing to eat after the filming, and YJG putting food on IU's spoon. Aww. :wub: It's so nice to see them so much more comfortable with each other now.

Even the kissing scene bts was sad. They were both so emotional even after the cut. :tears:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, laura_waterhouse said:

Oooohh, rougher and hotter in the bts haha.

When CS pulled her for a kiss and MW almost lost her balance. :naughty:

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

They got YJG a Baby Shark birthday cake! :lol: He was thanking her, so was it her doing?

During the dinner date scene, both of them continuing to eat after the filming, and YJG putting food on IU's spoon. Aww. :wub: It's so nice to see them so much more comfortable with each other now.

Even the kissing scene bts was sad. They were both so emotional even after the cut. :tears:

Awwww I just noticed the baby shark cake when you mentioned it. :D I'm so happy he spent his birthday on set with MW, although maybe YJG would have rather spent it with his family and friends IRL. :lol:

OOOOOR  both Yuna and CS will work at a real hotel and years after MW and HJ moves on to the afterlife (IF THEY DO), their reincarnation comes as human guests to the real hotel managed by CS and Yuna. :)

50 minutes ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

I think Yoo Na will be the next owner of HDL, not Chansung

I think so too and HJ will stay with her as the "frontman" even if his sister dies

23 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Translation of parts of the new bts. These kids. :lol:

Thank you! Sulky CS is the cutest. I like that he's the one who does these cute things and MW has to sigh and just go along with it just to satisfy CS. This reminds me of the scene where MW gives up the red car when CS told her he likes that color. That's what happened here too. :D:wub:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

I think Yoo Na will be the next owner of HDL, not Chansung

Me, too. I think she will become the next owner. Her personality is becoming similar to JMW or she can go that route. I think CS will continue to work at the hotel and help Yuna.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Me, too. I think she will become the next owner. Her personality is becoming similar to JMW or she can go that route. I think CS will continue to work at the hotel and help Yuna.

It's so sad if everyone left those two in HDL. I think of another possibility that Yuna will be the owner and CS will be the manager

• Like 4
  • Sad 2