[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 9 preview.

Oh my.... I cant wait for tonight! This episode got so much for us to look forward to... From confrontation of GS and JH to the most awaited first kissing of JH and JI. :wub:

Someone please tell me how will I concentrate on my work? How?! 

Continuing with my re-watch.  My favorite moment in episode 6 (in fact, maybe my favorite moment thus far):  JH and JI talking on the phone (she's wearing a yellow sweater--thank goodness she is actually wearing something with some color!); when she apologizes for liking him, he breaks out into a huge grin because, basically, she has finally confessed.  Sweet!

Hi everyone, I am a newbie in this forum. But, I have been following this thread for quite some time.

I love reading all your thoughts and comments and often they enlightened me about some characters' responses and actions.

I can't wait for this week's episodes since their love is blooming like Spring. Finally!

Extremely anticipate for romance and sweet moments for our OTP :wub:

23 minutes ago, adibadiba said:

Hi everyone, I am a newbie in this forum. But, I have been following this thread for quite some time.

Welcome!  So glad you are joining us.  :)  Discuss!  

26 minutes ago, adibadiba said:

I love reading all your thoughts and comments and often they enlightened me about some characters' responses and actions.

I can't wait for this week's episodes since their love is blooming like Spring. Finally!

@adibadiba A very warm welcome to you! Glad you are now posting. Please keep them coming... :)

For tonight episode, not only the sweet and romantic moment of JH and JI that I am looking forward.

I would also love to see a more fierce look, and how JH will stand and fight for his love to JI over GS.

viewimage.php?id=3eadc22febd536af69b7c2&

viewimage.php?id=3eadc22febd536af69b7c2&

42 minutes ago, adibadiba said:

I am new too. Welcome !!

Another one here who can't concentrate on work lol. Looking forward to how honest JH will be and how GS will accept it. How JI will tell her family and how they will start on following their hearts. It is about time that we get to see our OTP being head over heels in love and JI to mean the world to JH. 7 more hours to go:wub:

Confession time:

I am growing to dislike the theme song.

I think they play it at least 5x per episode.

The fact that it has lyrics means it is less able to fade into the background.

It's worn me down.

MBC IG update. It's One Spring Night day. :heart:

D9ZopTMUcAAZDPc.jpg

D9ZopTMU4AERWTz.jpg

New preview stills.

D9ZrBjeUEAAbBvb.jpg

D9ZrBjfVAAA3fVu.jpg

D9ZrBjfU8AEQqCv.jpg

@sally2 yes maybe a different side of JH. We used to see his gentleness and politeness, so I would really love to see him fiercely. Specially for his girl.  :love:

6 hours ago, INJINFAN said:

What are her rights in Korea to sole custody?  If she proves abuse, can she make him have supervised custodial visits?  Can she get a divorce if he doesn't consent? A pregnancy will increase the pressure for them to stay together.   I think the baby makes it harder for her to hide from him.  If she was thinking about studying abroad and not letting him know where she is, a baby makes that almost impossible.  Jae-In accused JI of not liking children, and when JI objected, she said she guessed it was SI.  Is there someone in her family who would raise it?  Her mother, JI, or Jae-In?  Hard to picture.  If she doesn't raise it, would her husband have the right to raise it within his family?  A pregnancy really complicates matters, as it did for JH's family, but none of them can imagine life without Eun-U.    I am sure there will be insights and parallels drawn between the two situations and more empathy for JH from her family than there might have been otherwise.  There might even be a sweet conversation between SI and JH about how Eun-U has changed his life for the better.

Sure, on the surface a pregnancy seems to be a hindrance for a divorce. However, connected to domestic abuse, it can work the opposite way. An abusive husband can endanger the life of the fetus and the future mother. Even after giving birth, the child could be exposed himself/herself to domestic violence. That's why it is really important to reveal the pregnancy along the domestic abuse because LSI's mother will do anything in order to protect her daughter and her grandchild. Moreover, this could be the trigger for LSI to reveal her intention of getting a divorce (father and at work) as she would like to protect the child. Right now, she still thinks that her reputation is more important than anything else hence first she tried to get a divorce in secret and later she resigned. She doesn't want to be in the center of attention. However, she is not entirely giving up her career as she told her superior that she wanted to study. 

I am actually looking forward for the moment when LSI's father discovers the domestic abuse. Right now, he blames his daughter LSI to distance herself from him after the marriage as he sees that he did nothing wrong. In his eyes, the marriage was a blessing... when he hears that his daughter went through hell, will he start reflecting on his own actions and realize his mistake? 

@adibadiba Welcome to this forum and this thread!!:)

10 hours ago, INJINFAN said:

What are her rights in Korea to sole custody? Can she get a divorce if he doesn't consent? 

So I did a little bit of googling and skimming. I hope this will answer your queries:

What are her rights in Korea to sole custody?  

"A child custody has two meanings in Korea.  One is a right to make decisions for the child (so-called parental authority) and the other is right to foster the child.

Getting divorced is not necessarily required to have the “right to foster” under Korean law. He can request the Korean Family Court to designate him as the sole child fosterer, maintaining his marriage.  The court will consider certain factors such as child’s age, past and current life style, occupation and standard of living of both parties and so on in deciding who is going to be a right fosterer in terms of the child’s welfare.

Regarding the expense of bringing up a child, if he is designated as a sole fosterer, the wife shall pay the certain proportion of total expenses of bringing up a child.

In a case where he fails to be designated as a sole fosterer by the court, he shall be entitled to have a visitation right according to Korean law. He can request the court to prevent his wife from interrupting his regular visitation to his son.

It is, however, shall be noted that he can not ask for a sole “parental authority” without getting divorced.  That is because under the Korean family law the parental authority shall be jointly exercised by both parents when they are under marriage.  In this case, if he and she have disagreement in making a decision for the child, he can ask the family court to determine it on behalf of them."

Cr: ASK KOREA LAW

Can she get a divorce if he doesn't consent?

"Under Korean Civil Law, there are two ways to get a divorce; divorce by agreement and judicial divorce (divorce through a court ruling). There are some requirements in relation to who can initiate divorce proceedings. In Korea, the person at fault is not able to initiate a divorce process through the court unless there are other certain circumstances.

Divorce via Mutual Agreement

In order to get divorced through mutual agreement, both parties must report together at the family court and state their intent to get a divorce. They must submit the required documents as listed below. In some cases, the couple may be advised to seek professional counseling. Then, they will be given a “guidance on divorce” session. After about 1 to 3 months, they will receive the court’s confirmation of their divorce. Within 3 months of receiving this confirmation, they must file an official copy of this confirmation at their local gu-office.

Here are the required documents for a divorce through agreement:

– A written agreement regarding custody and custody fees. This should be written in detail and should mention visitation rights, and if possible, a steady visitation schedule for the parent without custody.

– A completed application form for a divorce through mutual agreement (you can download a form at the following link)

http://slfamily.scourt.go.kr/searchnew/search_form.jsp?p1=000230&q=이혼신청서

– Each party’s Korean ID

– Marriage certificate

– A copy of the Korean spouse’s family registry

– 3 copies of the “divorce report form” (also obtained from the Seoul Family Court)

Divorce via Court Ruling

In order to get divorced through trial, each party is usually expected to hire a lawyer to go through the process, because it is comparatively more complicated and difficult than divorce through mutual agreement. Korea’s Family Court decisions acknowledge that the ‘spouse in fault’ is not permitted to initiate divorce proceedings through trial.

In order to file a divorce through court, you need some grounds for it. Following are some of the grounds for divorce as listed in the Civil Law article 840:

– Adultery**

– Malicious desertion

– Abuse by the spouse

– Abuse by the spouse’s lineal descendent or ascendant(child, grandchild, parents, grandparents, etc.).

– if the spouse is missing and it is unknown if s/he is dead or alive for a period of at least 3 years

– other causes that make it difficult to continue in the marriage"

Cr: Seoul Lawyers

Side note: I know you didn't ask this but interesting just this year changed their abortion laws and LEGALISED it after 66 year. Everyone has their own opinion on abortion, I'm just grateful that now women in Korea have a choice for abortion.

Screen+Shot+2019-04-11+at+20.34.51.png

Cr: pannatic

@adibadiba Check your pm! :) 

1 hour ago, adibadiba said:

Thank you chingus for the warm welcome!

I don't know how to tag you one by one.

So today JI will confess to her parents that she broke up with GS and chose JH instead! So much suspense.

In order to tag users, you need to use @ and write the name. By the way, if you have any other question, you are free to ask me (send me a message) as I am a moderator.

I am glad that JI is finally announcing it to her father but I sense that GS might be the one who forces her to reveal her relationship with JH. GS will announce to her father that chairman Kwon approved the marriage but she doesn't want to get married. I doubt that GS will reveal that she has fallen in love with someone else because of his bruised ego. But I might be wrong.

It seems JI will have a heart to heart talk with her mother. Actually i feel bad for their mom. She knows what SI is going through(physical abuse is not yet known by the family so imagine once they knew), JI is also going through a complicated break up then Jae in went home and now jobless. Aside from her husband who as she said is like walking on eggshells. She is like the shock absorber of the family. Just waiting for the episode tonight. Can't wait:wub: See you all later chinggus:)

Archived