[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

JH is at home eating with his friend YG. I think they are talking about YG and JI relationship. Cut to GS and his dad. As usual, GS is in denial and tells his dad his relationship with JI is fine. I felt embarrassed for him because his dad knows what's really going on and from the looks of the next scene, the chairman decides to talk to JI dad. This father and son duo, I have no words to say:crazy:.

JI and her mom talk. Mom still doesn't know that JI and GS broke up. Mom said her husband sounded happy over the phone and she was wondering what's going on. 

Cut to JH running from work and it looks like JI called him. She is behind the pharmacy waiting for him :wub:. The nonna pharmacy comes out because she thinks something happened at home and she sees JI there lol. The look on her face, Nonna is happy for him:D. JH tries to get her back to the pharmacy after she says something:sweat_smile:.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I adore that comfort-hug so so so much. And that kiss, ofcourse :))))

The part in the preview where JH's dad saw LeeYoo kissing inside the laundry place got me lmaoing XDDDD

Seoin is pregnant guys what to doㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Giseok kept saying there's no problems and that all is well between him and JI makes me want to barf. Someone please slap him out of his denial!!!! 

11 minutes ago, lu09 said:

JH is at home eating with his friend YG. I think they are talking about YG and JI relationship. Cut to GS and his dad. As usual, GS is in denial and tells his dad his relationship with JI is fine. I felt embarrassed for him because his dad knows what's really going on and from the looks of the next scene, the chairman decides to talk to JI dad. This father and son duo, I have no words to say:crazy:.

JI and her mom talk. Mom still doesn't know that JI and GS broke up. Mom said her husband sounded happy over the phone and she was wondering what's going on. 

The father knew that JI was not interested in his son and wouldn't marry him. But the question is: Why did he hide it from his son? Remember the first comment GS's father made in front of JI: "IT won't be easy". So he definitely knew that JI was a strong-willed person. Then he praised JI, saying that she was a rare woman.

In my opinion, the father is doing it for many reasons:

1. He realized that JI had never been interested in GS for his status and wealth, unlike the father. So she is not greedy and superficial.

2. Secondly, she didn't blame GS for the failure and showed no resent towards GS. In fact, she even tried to protect GS, when she dropped the bomb. She showed respect towards GS.

3. Furthermore, the father believes that GS loves JI as he has always claimed it: marriage of love. So the father is granting him his wish. 

4. JI is the perfect partner for GS. She is mature, frank, not superficial and not greedy. In his eyes, JI would help GS in his career. 

@lu09 Thanks for the answer. 

JH and JI move to the cafe and they talk. JI says she is in trouble and JH wants to know what happened. JI says that she loves JH. He looks shocked. Then he gets up and leaves the cafe. She goes after him and poor JH, he is crying:bawling:.  That scene from the preview plays where she is holding his face and hands. This scene made me cry:bawling:.

SH and JI dad are having lunch when SH slips up about JI being in Korea. Dad is furious and we see JI mom running from the library. She meets JI on the way and JI tells her she broke up with GS and that she likes someone else. Then JI tells her mom she will come with her little sister.

GS calls JI and wants to have dinner with her. She tells him she will tell her family about her break up with him. He asks her if she will also tell about JH and he is furious with her answer. She hangs up on him. Little sister tells JI not to tell Dad about JH yet. It's too early, she said. Cut to the scene with them being on their knees. Dad is yelling at JI for hiding little sister and he is also frustrated with her about the marriage issue. JI tells her dad that she ended things with GS and she has no plans to get married to him. I don't like how he is screaming at his daughters and wife like that:angry:. He asks what kind of man she wants to get married to? And she answers: a warm person. Cut to JH and pharmacy nonna in the car. I guess they are talking about his relationship with JI. She asks something and he answers with JI being the last woman. Interesting, we need subs for this.

JH is eating with his parents and mom wants to set him up with that lady from the neighborhood. He tells her he will get married but with JI. Mom doesn't approve of it. Whatever JH told his mom, made her keep quiet. Then ES came out and JH had to put him back to bed. JH sees dad at the laundry place and they talk. Dad is worried but JH is not changing his mind about his decision. Dad finally asks what kind of person is JI, and JH answer: Someone who accepts him as YJH ( I don't think this is the exact wording but it's close to it).

Cut to JI and little sister walking to their apartment. JI gets a call from JH and she runs down. She sees JH and runs to him and they hug each other. They move to their secret park place and they talk. JH kisses her first and they both say something. And then the long kiss happens ( Not long ,long but longer than the first peck:mrgreen:). They go to a cafe while holding hands and they enjoy their little date. There is live music playing and guess who the group is. One of GS old friend sees JI and recognizes her. We see GS driving towards the cafe. He gets off the car and sees JH and JI coming out of the place holding hands. They let go of each other. JI plans to talk to him but JH holds her back. Episode ends with JH walking towards GS. 

20 minutes ago, lu09 said:

JH and JI move to the cafe and they talk. JI says she is in trouble and JH wants to know what happened. JI says that she loves JH. He looks shocked. Then he gets up and leaves the cafe. She goes after him and poor JH, he is crying:bawling:.  That scene from the preview plays where she is holding his face and hands. This scene made me cry:bawling:.

SH and JI dad are having lunch when SH slips up about JI being in Korea. Dad is furious and we see JI mom running from the library. She meets JI on the way and JI tells her she broke up with GS and that she likes someone else. Then JI tells her mom she will come with her little sister.

GS calls JI and wants to have dinner with her. She tells him she will tell her family about her break up with him. He asks her if she will also tell about JH and he is furious with her answer. She hangs up on him. Little sister tells JI not to tell Dad about JH yet. It's too early, she said. Cut to the scene with them being on their knees. Dad is yelling at JI for hiding little sister and he is also frustrated with her about the marriage issue. JI tells her dad that she ended things with GS and she has no plans to get married to him. I don't like how he is screaming at his daughters and wife like that:angry:. He asks what kind of man she wants to get married to? And she answers: a warm person. Cut to JH and pharmacy nonna in the car. I guess they are talking about his relationship with JI. She asks something and he answers with JI being the last woman. Interesting, we need subs for this.

SH knew that Jae In was hiding hence he mentioned her name so that Jae In would be forced to appear in front of her father. That way, JI can no longer be at LSI's flat. What a jerk! 

I am really looking forward for his karma! Not only his reputation is ruined but also he loses all his connections: GS, the family Lee, his own family...

Preview, is that SI that GS is talking to about JH being a single father? If this is the case, then he went to the wrong person lol. First of all, he is showing that he is no better than her scum-bag husband. Second of all, she is pregnant and she is planning to raise her baby on her own. Meaning, JH is the perfect person she can talk to and can relate to her struggles. If this is the mess he said he will cause, then it's gonna backfire big time lol:joy:.

And did JH took JI to his family shop and kissed her? Poor Dad got the shock of his life lol:mrgreen:. JH is getting bolder and bolder :glasses:.

@bebebisous33 Those points that you listed is the reason why chairman wants JI for GS. It's why he said back in EP 7 that he met her too late. Now the problem is, things are really too late. The more GS hangs on to JI, the more whatever respect JI had for GS disappears. 

SH is a manipulative scum-bag. The way he talked, it was as he let the information slip out:crazy:.

I was worried he was gonna find out about SI pregnancy when they were eating. I was like please, no nausea when SH was eating that meat in front of her. And did he just used a spoon and a chopstick together to pick up that meat?:joy::mrgreen:

27 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Preview, is that SI that GS is talking to about JH being a single father? If this is the case, then he went to the wrong person lol. First of all, he is showing that he is no better than her scum-bag husband. Second of all, she is pregnant and she is planning to raise her baby on her own. Meaning, JH is the perfect person she can talk to and can relate to her struggles. If this is the mess he said he will cause, then it's gonna backfire big time lol:joy:.

And did JH took JI to his family shop and kissed her? Poor Dad got the shock of his life lol:mrgreen:. JH is getting bolder and bolder :glasses:.

GS is so immature. He hasn't learnt his lesson. Even Jae In told him before not to look down on JH because he was a single father. She said that JH was a man after all. For GS, JH never represented a thread in the beginning as he still thinks like his father: reputation, social background and family are the most important points in a marriage. This man is stupid and very narrow-minded.

I hope that GS makes the most stupid decision by giving a loan to SH so that this backfires on him in the end. GS really thinks that SH will help him, while in reality SH is just looking for his own interests. Even GS could lose his job because he supported such a high risk case! 

@lu09 And this shows that timing and time are really important. The arrogance of GS's father blinded him. He came to realize his mistake. It is now too late. GS took her for granted and never had the time to show care and concern for JI. Now for him, time is the reason why they should have gotten married. They invested too much time in this relationship. Married, he would save some time (no more picking up at the library aso) too.

@lu09 GS is not able to discern real from false friends. In my opinion, he looks down on HS, JH and the others because they don't belong to the same social circle. That's why he often pays for the dinner/drinks... He often shows off with his money. He has the impression that they are not doing well. Don't forget that he gave EW some money. It was as if JH was not able to provide for his son. But JH has a good job, just like HS. They are definitely not poor. I guess, this comes from his father who disliked GS being with his music friends. Deep down, he has internalized these values. However, his father confused him, when he warned him about SH. 

The reason why GS is so proud, narrow-minded and immature can be explained by the father. The chairman Kwon never allowed his son to make his own decisions.   

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

Episode 9 - another sweet embrace from JI. 

JI was always avoiding touching from GS.  GS said that JI didn't like it when people touched her.  As always, GS has completely got things wrong because here she is running to JH and melting into his hug like that is where she was always meant to be. 

GS asked JI before if it's marriage she hates or if it's him.  Yeah, GS, it's you.  And it's just GS she doesn't like touching.

1 hour ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

Thank heavens its not Ediya Coffee; the excessive product placement for the coffee franchise haunts me! But it's working because now I want to know what it taste like! LMAO

Actually I've been thinking that I really want one of those big nifty Ediya coffee mugs!  :lol:  I do love a big white ceramic coffee mug, and those look just right.

@lu09  Thank you for the recaps!  You are amazing.  :cookie::heart:

My cheeks basically hurt from smiling so much. Despite all the seriousness of episode 9, it’s basically butterflies and rainbows towards the progression of JI & JH relationship.

Episode Highlights:

JH and GS conversation scene at the park. I swear in this drama a park is THE place to go for serious conversations. What I like about how this scene was shot was the interweaving scenes of other characters who are involved in this shenanigans. BTW JI librarian friend peeking through the blinds to see what was happening is totally relating – that’s me when someone knocks at my front door and I’m not expecting any company LMAO

Spoiler

At the bench, a large space separates JH and GS
Note the body language of GS, he is almost in a fetal sitting position, distressed, uncomfortable, hands curled/unstable. In contrast JH is upright, confident, assertive, ready to get down to business.

GS: It’s still not too late (Mate go away)
If it’s something I don’t have to hear, you don’t need to tell me.
JH: I should tell you.
*GS looks at JH – JH avoiding GS gaze and looking straight ahead, determined to tell his side of the story*
 She came to the pharmacy as a customer. Then we ran into each other by chance because her friends lives in my building. And naturally, I learned that she was in a relationship, but I couldn’t stop myself. 
*GS looks away from JH – physical reaction to him not wanting to hear JH answer* 
That’s why I said no when she suggested we could be friends.
GS: What were you thinking?
*GS looks at JH*
Did you think our relationship was a joke?
JH: If I had thought that even once, I would’ve deliberately gotten caught.
GS: It’s not like I had no idea that something was up.
JH: You could’ve never found out.
GS: Then what? Why did you give it away?
*Long pause - JH hunches over and clasp his hand together, heads down – look at GS straight in the eye*
JH: Because you looked down on me. (Yes puppy, finally!)
I wanted you to know that your attitude and the way you treat me are wrong.
You said it wasn’t intentional, but that’s no different from killing someone and saying you didn’t intend it.
*GS turns away from JH looking uncomfortable with the truth*
GS: Hey, that’s… That analogy is wrong.
*Looks back at JH*
JH: So, I began thinking JI shouldn’t date a guy like that. That’s why I showed it.
*GS turn away again*

*cut scene to Jae-In returning to the apartment to give JI medicine for her stress*
I really like the dialogue exchange between them
JI: Like you said, I’ve turned into such a loser.
Jae-In: You’d be a weirdo if you were totally fine. I hope you don’t feel as if you committed a big sin. It’s okay to be selfish. You did it to protect your true feelings.

*cut scene back to the park with GS & JH, both turned away from each other*
GS: So in conclusion, you’ll continue to like JI.
*Looks at JH*
Am I right?
*turns away*
Fine, do as you wish.
*JH turns to look at GS with the wtf is this guy on about look – GS stands up in front of JH*
GS: This isn’t about winning. (No, it’s not. But why are you acting like that?)
You’re wreaking havoc on a woman’s life, and I’m simply trying to stop that.
*JH looks at him going wtf are you on about dude?*
Do you understand?
JH: No, but I’m worried. Because I can see which one of us will cause more trouble for her. (Yup, you’re right bby it’s GS)
GS: Are you saying that’s me?
*JH looks at GS*
JH: I’m certain that it won’t be me
*GS inches closer*
GS: Hey. You’d better stop acting up when I’m warning you nicely.
*JH finally stands up*
JH: If I had planned to start disrespecting you, I wouldn’t have let you belittle me like that.
GS: So? You went easy on me?
JH: Let’s say I held myself back.
GS: What if you hadn’t?
*GS steps closer trying to be intimidating but JH is looking at him deadpan not feeling shaken*
GS: You would’ve punched me?
JH: That wouldn’t been enough. I would’ve made you get on your knees. 
*GS smiles at disbelief*
To tell you the truth. I’m not here just to talk about JI. Maybe this is more about me. That’s right. I have a kid. I’m well aware of how people judge me because of that. But you see, my son gives me the strength not to be afraid of anything in the world. So don’t you dare belittle me again.
*GS looks lost for words*
If you do that again, I won’t hold myself back.
*GS gazes down in shame?*
Got anything else to say?

*cue THE music – JH walks away first – LMAOOOOO and GS quickly follows from behind and overtakes him to get to the car first, he is such a kid*

GS of course goes sees JI. Not going to type their full conversation because I literally just wanted to PUNCH HIS FACE so here's an extract:

Spoiler

GS: I will forget all about it, and so should you.
JI: I’m sorry if this sounds cruel, but I really do have feelings for him.
GS: No, it’s pity. It’s sympathy. Okay? (Seriously dude go f***K yourself)
YJH, of all people? This is simply wrong. You really shouldn’t be doing this.
JI: Regardless of him, I was going to break up with you anyway.
GS: Exactly. I might’ve agreed to breaking up if this had never happened. I mean, talking about making this work over and over again could’ve tired me out, and I could’ve said we should just call it quits. But of all people, YJH? I can’t let that happen. You’re about to jump into a fire pit. I’m not going to let you do that. I won’t let that happen. Now that I’ve found out, I can’t break up with you for your sake.
(WTF? We all knew this was going to happen but speculating and visually seeing & hearing it is a different experience, I was gobsmacked at his mentality)
JI: I’m already done with you. If you truly care about me, you shouldn’t ignore me when I say I’m done. You’re dismissing my feelings just because you can’t accept it. You keep saying you can’t break up and that we’re still together. Aren’t you unreasonable?
GS: LISTEN!

I love how they're “revealing” their relationship to other people. 
This is the pharmacy where the pharmacy-noona meets JI.

Spoiler

*JH rushing from the pharmacy to his date with JI - Pharmacy girls confused – JI waiting for JH on the corner* 
JI: You seemed so surprised.
JH: You said you’d wait at the café. Why are you here?
JI: I came so everyone can see us together. (SQUEEAAALLL)
*pharmacy-noona rushes out and sees them together – her smile is everything* 

Favourite scene from this episode – JH and JI coffee date.

Spoiler

*JI is leaning on the table, one cupping her face and looking adoringly a JH*
JH: This totally came as a surprise. What’s gotten into you?
JI: The spring breeze got to me.
*both smiles & sip their coffee*
 JI: I thought of you on my way home. I’m tired, but I didn’t want to go straight home. But then it’s not like I want to party. Don’t you have days like that too?
JH: So, you called me by default?
JI: Because I’m comfortable with you.
JH: Whatever.
JI: It’s true. I find you comfortable like a perfect pillow.
JH: You must be very worried.
*JI shakes her head and smiles* 
I can’t ask you to blindly believe in me. However, whenever you’re happy or sad, come to me like you did today.
JI: Do you make visits too? (LMAOOO)  
JH: That depends on you. 
JI *sulks*: You pick mean tricks quickly.
*they both smile, I just love this entire vibe*
JH: I want to see you every day. You have no idea how much I just want to follow my heart.
JI: But?
JH: What if I push my luck and end up losing you? You won’t come around twice. 
JI: What if you’re disappointed?
You don’t know everything about me.
JH: Is there more to know?
JI: Of course.
JH  : Like what? 
JI *being fidgety like she’s nervous*: Actually, I’m in trouble.
*JH surprised*
JH: Why?
Come on. You can tell me.
JI: I… *looks at him in the eye*  love you, JH. (SCREEEAAMMIIINGGG, I’M SCREAMMMIIING8
*JH gets up and just LEAVES LMAOOOOO – he’s such an emotional puppy – JI follows him to the front of the café shop – JI looking at JH -  JH trying to avoid her gaze – JI laugh seeing him in tears*
JI: Are you crying?
*JI grabs his face in her palms*
You’re crying.
*They have this playful banter about  if he’s crying on not*

I just loved his pure reaction. That he couldn’t believe that someone like her could love someone like him. OMG it makes me feel so good and warm and fuzzy!

Both JI and JH have important conversation with their parent, but I just want to emphasis that for JH this is serious LIKE DEAD SERIOUS LIKE HE IS READY FOR…..

Spoiler

MARRIAGE.
What took GS four years to figure out, took JH maybe less than a year to come to the conclusion that JI is it for him. That’s not to say anything about long-term relationships. But sometimes when someone is the one, you just know.

This conversation was brought up twice.

One time with pharmacy-noona in the car.
Pharmacy-noona: How far are you willing to go? Just dating for now?
JH *dead serious*: The endgame. (I THINK I STOPPED BREATHING)
She’ll be the last woman in my life.
Pharmacy-noona: You should never assume that. 
JH: Just wait and see what happens then.

Second time speaking to his mum and dad.
JH: I’m going to get married.
Mum: Yes of course. That’s why I’ve been trying to set you up.
JH: With the woman I told you about. It won’t happen soon, but I won’t change my mind about her either.

The end scene of them in the park again, and they’re just so freaking adorable. The kiss was sweet but guys come on give me son SLA passionate kisses, is this coming up? LMAO Their date scene was so sweet, and they looked so happy. But of course it ends with the cliff hanger, which I’m not too fuss about since the preview is hinting to me that JI & JH leave together and continue their date at the laundry shop? LMAO

Side note: SI pregnant, I just want to give the girl a big hug. I think as I read in this forum before, that SI pregnancy would be a catalyst for JI father maybe accepting JH as a single father? I just really do not want her to stay married, and SI is hiding it from SH but how long can this last? Baby girl, you need help to divorce him, please get help!

@thistle What you want those ceramic mugs with that ugly blue capitalised Arial-like-font Ediya Coffee text. Um, not on my watch! Girl, I'll buy you a better one!

Archived