Quantcast

After watching the episode 7 again, I came to realize why GS bought the ring. Remember that JI tried three times to officially end their relationship but each time GS refused to accept the break up. In the episode 7, he uses the excuse that his father wants to meet her which JI agrees. So since JI had expressed in an earlier fight that she really disliked his parents's disapproval which she was aware of, GS thinks that since his father has shown an interest in JI, the latter will change her mind. Furthermore, for GS, his father is a huge point why JI would accept the marriage: his reputation and his social position. She would climb up the social ladder with this marriage. All this shows that GS thinks like his father, a woman will choose a marriage based on socio-economical criterion: a marriage is a business. As conclusion, GS's mentality outlines that he doesn't know JI that well in the end. Moreover, it also reveals that he really doesn't love her. 

For GS, JI is the perfect partner because she put up with him for 4 years without complaining too much. Now, they are arguing more often, since JI decided that she would no longer be an obedient and submissive girlfriend. For GS, just a promise "I'll do better in the future" is enough, while in reality he doesn't change that much. He keeps prioritizing his work and friends in the episode 7.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

OMG what an episode:wub: Squeal to the max. I need subtitles first. The kiss was so short lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

It is gonna get messy tomorrow:pensive:. Can't we just get an episode without conflict:bawling:?

• Like 9

watched the live stream...

this episode made my heart flip flop! of giddiness at the same worrisome! specially the ending! the  kiss was short..but sweet..awaiting the subs!

Complications starts tomorrow...:(

• Like 9

Can't wait until my lunch break! If the trend continues Netflix should have the episode up by then.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Episode 9 - 2nd coffee date. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, INJINFAN said:

I guess SI only has two choices: get him to agree or have a really messy public trial.  I guess her plan is to threaten him with the picture evidence so he will agree.  But if she gives up her job, status and money, he may let her go anyway.  He doesn't think she could ever go that far, but if she does and there is no money, why would he hold onto her, baby or not?  His only recourse then will be anger and violence toward her out of frustration.  He might cause her to lose the baby.

My worry is that, he is such a stereotypical patriarchal a**hole that SI being pregnant would in fact be a motivating factor for him to stay in the marriage. If they do follow the pregnancy narrative strand, I hope that SI has the guts to show her evidence to the police. I honestly think her showing him her collated evidence of abuse will just lead to him further terrorising her as she is (although it seems like she doesn't know herself) within this cycle of abuse. From my own observation on Korean society, the position of anchorwoman in Korea seems to hold a high position for both intellect and beauty. They are basically the perfect "wife-material" for chaebol/celebrities, so SH would definitely not divorce SI if she stayed in that position. And that's one of the reason why SI quit her job as an anchor, which honestly suck because she seems to enjoy her occupation.:(

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Episode 9 - another sweet embrace from JI. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

Episode 9 - 2nd coffee date. 

Thank heavens its not Ediya Coffee; the excessive product placement for the coffee franchise haunts me! But it's working because now I want to know what it taste like! LMAO

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

21 minutes ago, lu09 said:

It is gonna get messy tomorrow:pensive:. Can't we just get an episode without conflict:bawling:?

Hahahahahaha !!

I think korean vewers like the conflicts......lokk in drama Mother of mine it's really a headache !

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Episodes started with JH and GS. Needs subs for their conversation. JI still with her sisters. Then GS comes to see JI and they talk. As usual he is in denial but this time, JI is really done. JI and JH talk over the phone and JH tells her to give GS a time because he has been there before. Today too much conversations lol:sweatingbullets:. We need subs:lol:

Scene moves to SI coming from the hospital. She really is pregnant:bawling:. She buys some groceries and eats alone at home:tears:. She has no one to talk to and tell her what to do. SH is on the phone talking to someone and SI comes to see him. They go out for lunch and she gives him money from the sale of their apartment. She hands him divorce papers and tells him to please sign it. He is not having it and tells her he will do better:crazy:

@bebebisous33 yes it was:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Was the scene from the preview (last week) released where Jae In and her sister are on her knees in front of the father and JI explains that JH is a warm person? 

• Like 9

JH is at home eating with his friend YG. I think they are talking about YG and JI relationship. Cut to GS and his dad. As usual, GS is in denial and tells his dad his relationship with JI is fine. I felt embarrassed for him because his dad knows what's really going on and from the looks of the next scene, the chairman decides to talk to JI dad. This father and son duo, I have no words to say:crazy:.

JI and her mom talk. Mom still doesn't know that JI and GS broke up. Mom said her husband sounded happy over the phone and she was wondering what's going on. 

Cut to JH running from work and it looks like JI called him. She is behind the pharmacy waiting for him :wub:. The nonna pharmacy comes out because she thinks something happened at home and she sees JI there lol. The look on her face, Nonna is happy for him:D. JH tries to get her back to the pharmacy after she says something:sweat_smile:.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

PDnim, why was the kiss too short? I’ve waited 6 days and yet my girl didn’t even have a chance to reciprocate . :bawling:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

I adore that comfort-hug so so so much. And that kiss, ofcourse :))))

The part in the preview where JH's dad saw LeeYoo kissing inside the laundry place got me lmaoing XDDDD

Seoin is pregnant guys what to doㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Giseok kept saying there's no problems and that all is well between him and JI makes me want to barf. Someone please slap him out of his denial!!!! 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lu09 said:

JH is at home eating with his friend YG. I think they are talking about YG and JI relationship. Cut to GS and his dad. As usual, GS is in denial and tells his dad his relationship with JI is fine. I felt embarrassed for him because his dad knows what's really going on and from the looks of the next scene, the chairman decides to talk to JI dad. This father and son duo, I have no words to say:crazy:.

JI and her mom talk. Mom still doesn't know that JI and GS broke up. Mom said her husband sounded happy over the phone and she was wondering what's going on. 

The father knew that JI was not interested in his son and wouldn't marry him. But the question is: Why did he hide it from his son? Remember the first comment GS's father made in front of JI: "IT won't be easy". So he definitely knew that JI was a strong-willed person. Then he praised JI, saying that she was a rare woman.

In my opinion, the father is doing it for many reasons:

1. He realized that JI had never been interested in GS for his status and wealth, unlike the father. So she is not greedy and superficial.

2. Secondly, she didn't blame GS for the failure and showed no resent towards GS. In fact, she even tried to protect GS, when she dropped the bomb. She showed respect towards GS.

3. Furthermore, the father believes that GS loves JI as he has always claimed it: marriage of love. So the father is granting him his wish. 

4. JI is the perfect partner for GS. She is mature, frank, not superficial and not greedy. In his eyes, JI would help GS in his career. 

@lu09 Thanks for the answer. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 7