[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

@titania1000 I have to say that after reading the recap and the posts on this thread, I have changed my mind about JKW. I haven't watched the last episode yet. I am still thinking that JKW will help LYS in a certain way: investigating the crimes against LYS. However, the new revelations made me see JKW in a different light. JKW thinks, he loves LYS due to the past (reincarnation) but in reality, what he really loves is the ballerina LYS and not the woman LYS. This explains why he is so determined to have her returned to the ballet. He thinks, if he brings her back to the stage, she will fall in love with him and this will be true love. However, while preparing herself, LYS will realize the importance of KD in her life and that ballet means nothing compared to KD. Furthermore, while KD is turning the "beast" LYS into a decent person (she can become an angel again), I have the feeling that JKW in his past had the opposite effect in Matilda's life.

We should see that JKW is being tested by the deity: he needs to realize what true love is. I believe, in his past, he thought, he loved the ballerina Matilda, while in reality it was not true love. Rather a selfish love... Don't forget the words he said to Ni Na. She needed to be more selfish... his speech definitely sounded more like the speech from the Devil. That's why I think that JKW needs to realize his own shortcoming: leading a good person into the wrong path. I guess, JKW will come to realize what true love is due to KD/LYS. But now here is the question: will he have a bad influence on Ni Na or Ni Na will change him and turn into a real angel? 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ratings 190530:

KBS #AngelsLastMissionLove: 6.7% | 8.4%
MBC #OneSpringNight: 4.4% | 6.4%
SBS #MyAbsoluteBoyfriend: 2.9% | 2.7%

tvN #HerPrivateLife: 2.9%
OCN #SaveMe2: 1.9%

loQIZaC.gif

(credit : @L_eloquence twitter)

ozuYBeZ.png

(credit @Lcamelliaflower)

1 hour ago, screwdila said:

I think Dan will turn dark in the middle and that time YS will be the one who will soften his heart like how now he is softening hers.

Oooo!! I want that. 

2 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Ratings 190530:

Kinda disappointed. But it’s still the highest. 

Yes, I agree it's good that ALML is still the best rated drama on the night and and at this time and age these ratings are considered decent. And let's face it ratings rarely equal the quality of a drama, so don't really mind about them.We can't do nothing to improve them anyway, Jusr enjoy the show :wub:. It's funny actually because the ALML ratings are almost indentical to Healer's ratings from 5 years ago, and Healer is considered one of the best kdramas ever amongst the international community. Even if the international fans can't agree on many dramas, they always agree that Healer was brilliant. I think that it might be some curse of this PD because in the last 5 years he has produced 3 excellent dramas with below average rating: Healer, Queen for 7 days and now ALML:

i95kRMA.jpg

Spoiler

NQ12ztp.jpg

What if Dan  have a transformation like in "Black Swan"?

I am trying to figure out why he said in the beginning that the biggest mistake in his life was save LYS. And I was troubled by his quote. It seems to me that at some point he will go dark.

But I also think the real angel won´t be Dan, but LYS. I think she will be the one to bring back his goodness.

And I think JKW is more like " Rothbart" (the bad guy in Swan Lake) who will try to do anything to separe our couple.
Have you ever realised that everything started with the kiss? I mean, LYS started to sense Dan (when he was angel) when he kissed her.
And when they kissed again, we can see his scarf shinning. I do not know, but I think there is something there.

I just finished today's episodes with eng subs and I loved it! This drama is moving fast and we're already on ep.8. So we're halfway there! I hope the drama doesn't move too fast where there are still plot holes left to uncover. 

Who wouldn't fall for this optimistic and goofy angel?! He isn't smart at times but he's loving and caring. No wonder LYS and myself is falling for him! :D

*Look at his smile and dimple!* :wub:

89e4d3be-5d92-4beb-b6a6-68239f684064-ori

Even the flower petals love him too! :D

c55e82c3-f7d1-42d0-914c-eca1f896b727-ori

I love this cute scene when she told him to come back to work for her. The way he smiled at her!

*My fragile heart died happily* 

Spoiler

2311a2a2-583d-467b-b00b-cd91419aae71-ori

Not trying to be mean but JKW, KD and LYS belong together! So he'll have to deal with it. It's KD's turn now! :lol:

*Sorry not sorry* (KD is too cute here!) 

Spoiler

c5306a1b-918c-45ef-bbe5-c3f6373802ab-ori

Hmm... I'm startled to see that JKW is also an angel, yet he and LYS had a past together. But didn't KD and LYS also met as kids? So that means KD and LYS were destined in the first place? What is going on with these angel and human love story? What's the real truth behind JKW and KD being an angel too? What happened to each of their past lives? What is going on here?!

*So much questions is going through my mind.* Haha. :blink::huh::lol:

04769a21-0596-4541-8621-7dea2204d605-ori

*gifs and pics credit to Twitter*

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Ratings 190530:

thank you for sharing the rating chingu but why the rating I find is a different form you?24 Lovely forum chat expression emoji emoticons

BVyaec8.jpg

see the rating is kind of grow but for you is becoming low which one is right?

oh, I make a wallpaper for Dan&YS hope you like them16 Super cute chat expression picture emoji

I52DuHf.jpg

5 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I would need to know from @meechuttso and @immorethant as well. 

I'm still dumbfounded of so many things happened during episode 5-8.

Have read all your thoughts and analysis, wow...so many pages but so great.  :wub:

I'm not good at analysis , don't have any conclusion, and almost 80% of my speculation are wrong :P (I'm so embarrassed). 

I have only questions and questions.

98who8D.png

- When JKW watched video of a girl dancing and talking and he said the name 'Matil'.

Is that the girl's name?  Or it's from another ballet dance or classical story ? 

- Why did this girl speak English ? not Korean ?

- How old is this JKW angel/devil?  Because if YS is reincarnation of this girl , then the incident that the girl's death must happened before YS was born which would be 30 years ago.  Why doesn't JKW seems to aged ?  Why it seems like he was given time more than 100 days compared to Dan ? 

- If the incident just happened at the time JKW was with New York Ballet (so it was at the present time, not long ago), then again why there're 2 girls at the same time (but differrent places) who looks alike and also love dancing.  If that girl's also a dancer in New York , she must  hear or see picture/news of the famous Yeon-Seo, and should be surpise of their alikeness.  (I don't want this girl to be a lost twin of YS because it will made the story become 'My Golden Life season 2')

- Dan got his last mission because he made a mistake and archangel said that if he fails then the heaven door will not open for him.

But I'm also curious that whether he will diappear if he fails ?  or just stay as human like this forever ?

And if JKW is another angel who earlier failed his mission , why he didn't disappear (like smoke and dust) ?

1 hour ago, Silver Fall said:

see the rating is kind of grow but for you is becoming low which one is right?

Hi :wub: I think both of us are right .

The one from AsianWiki is just from episode 1-4 (from 32 episodes of 30 min) which is the same number as my earlier post :)  They haven't updated the rating of episode 5-8 yet.  

Rating of episode 5-8 are 8.2%, 9.4% , 6.7% , 8.4% respectively (AGB Neilsen Nationwide)

2 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I voted for who you know:lol:

Ballet? :P

Like why is it taking ages to sub?! At this rate I would have to watch tomorrow! :lol:

Somebody tell me what both leads eating chocolate has anything to do with ...?! 

I said earlier that I'm not much of an analyzer, but I'll try to pitch in with some of my thoughts:

Everyone's talking about Dan and the director (all the different views are SO interesting!, and I can't think of anything else to say about them lol), but when I rewatched this episode with subs, I kept thinking about the uncle:sweatingbullets:. Last episode it seemed like he was a good guy and felt shocked and guilty after catching on to what his wife may have done... but this episode he was seen burning the stolen documents together with his wife.

Is he a good or bad guy? Or did he simply not know what kind of documents he was burning (but that wouldn't be possible either... they clearly said "documents on cornea donation" on the front and he clearly looked at them)? When the aunt talked to him again about being the owner of Fantasia in their room, he acted so oblivious, even after he burned the documents :huh: 

We never really see his 'true' feelings, either, other than that time he felt shocked last episode, so I'm wondering about him a lot~ I always suspect the quiet ones for some reason:lol: He always agrees with his wife, too, but he has to have his own thoughts as well... I think that he could possibly be a bigger part of the story later on, whether he's good or bad.

Just watched the today's episodes with Eng subs- missed a lot of clues:

• JKW's love interest (Matilde?) was married (not necessarily to JKW) and died in his arms.
  • Matilde was a dancer/ballerina.
  • Matilde had a strong resemblance to Yeon-Seo.
  • JKW noted that Yeon-Seo "must have had a good teacher."

Current theory:

• Matilde is Yeon-Seo's MOTHER.
  • As a human, JKW pursued her, but lost out to Yeon-Seo's father (Yeon-Seo's father likely had a wealthy upbringing/was selected by Matilde's parents.)
  • Matilde's tragic suicide was a protective action (protecting JKW, or more likely, protecting Yeon-Seo)
  • JKW could not handle the pain, and took his own life
  • a devil/demon gave JKW the option to return to the world, with special abilities (ex. wings), in exchange for his soul
  • JKW was told he could "reunite on Earth with Matilde", but the actual contract had some devilish wordplay (ex. "reunite with Matilde's heart")
  • JKW's feelings are currently muddled- between love for Matilde and feelings of love/protectiveness for all that remains of Matilde in this world (her daughter)
  • he has been biding his time waiting for the right set of circumstances (some of the circumstances were likely of his own design) to re-unite with Matilde/Yeon-Seo
  • JKW is furious at the prospect of losing Matilde AGAIN, this time to Kim Dan
  • in life, JKW was a good person, now... well, that has yet to be determined

Kim Dan probably sacrificed himself (in his youth) to save Yeon-Seo, and was made an angel as a result of that sacrifice.

His lack of experience made him an immature, lackluster angel, only able to be tasked with the easiest missions.

He's been sent to gain more life experience in this "mission", with his childhood love, Yeon-Seo.

He'll be given the choice to remain with Yeon-Seo, as a mortal human, or return to an angelic existence, after 100 days have passed.

There are probably some references to different ballets in the storyline, but the above is my current guess.

11 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Good morning everyone! Hi @turtle0217 my chingu! 

So I haven't had the chance to watch yesterday's ep with subs yet nor read through all the new posts (hopefully I'll be able to later today)...anyways, I am going to try and recap if this live stream of mine works :) let's seeeee

HEY CHINGU!! Hahaha! You're here, too! :lol:

I haven't watched the episode, but saw the spoiler and OMG!!! :scream: JKW isn't human! 

I will have to catch up on all the post and watch the episodes first. Lol. So excited now!!! 

So I finally had the time to go through all your amazing insights, expecially all the "reincarnation" theories. I have to say that at this point we lack a lot of information; all we have are clues, but those are damn intriguing and create numerous possibilities where this story might go. I admire that the writer keeps a lot of things close to her vest and reveals only pieces of the puzzle here and then, and there are still many left. I also like that JKW's true nature, whether he is good or bad, is left ambiguous. So far I would say that he is bit of both, with a potential to become a true antagonist but also to overcome his worst impulses. There are some truly worrying things about him - his willingness to fire an innocent, hardworking mother so YS can have the "perfect" troupe for her return is truly cold-hearted and it adds up to more examples of his obsessive behaviour concerning YS. It looks like he truly cares only for YS/his past lover, that she is the reason he is living and would go over dead bodies to make her happy, including manipulating others as a means to an end without hesitation. He truly is quite calculating plus all the obsessive spying he does on YS and her surroundings and the fact, that he is a loner speaks to his dead lover, even greeting her each time he comes home is truly worrying. You know in another drama, I could ship this kind of antihero with the heroine, I like these dark types, but Dan is such a winning character which I think says a lot how he is written and acted because it's always difficult for these "good" male leads to compare to the tormented dark ones. However, there is complexity to Dan and endearing quality to the way he so unselfishly cares for YS that in this battle of the male leads he comes as the clear winner. Plus he seems much more sane than JKW.

qCIR3xi.png

I got to watch the subbed episodes this evening and these were two excellent episodes.  I really feel for Ni Na and hope somehow she gets a happy ending.  She looks like a genuinely good person in this series.

What should be a delightfully uncomfortable scene, which I pray we get to see next week is Ms. Butler coming to the house the next day and notice the odd way that Yeon-Seo and Kim-Dan are completely avoiding any close contact with each other and trying to avoid Ms. Butler's eyes so that she does not catch on.  This will immediately make her suspicious and set her radar on.  These are the sort of scenes I live for because they can be so over the top.

I am very curious regarding the meaning of Kim-Dan's handkerchief glowing as they kissed.  I almost got the sense that it was a magic seal of some kind that somehow permanently bonded them together.  I am wondering if the same thing would have happened with JKW's ring if JKW and YS would have kissed.  It was interesting that the handkerchief did not glow when they first kissed but when they both gave into the subsequent kissing.  It would be hilarious if they both woke up the next morning with chapped lips from an evening-long kissfest.   

oJv4Gnx.gif

(credit @L_eloquence twitter)

34 minutes ago, briseis said:

I admire that the writer keeps a lot of things close to her vest and reveals only pieces of the puzzle here and then, and there are still many left.

Yes, I really love this too when the writer always left some clues here and there all along the story but the audience just don't know the whole picture yet. And then at the ending, boom, a revelation that makes us awed of the explanation and makes us recalled of this and that scenes that we saw but didn't notice. 

Really, really love this. :love:

But I don't have a Sherlock Holmes skill to put the pieces together, so I will be Dr. Watson instead who just tags along and keeps asking questions with curious face like this until the end of the drama :yum:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8uGm_Fshg8aOgw4yiW22

Archived