[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] About is Love 大约是爱

Admin

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, raziela said:

I love how close WQ and FF are now and how considerate and sweet he is with her now.  Compare him to his arrogant overbearing behaviour before.  He has really grown as a person thanks to his relationship with ZS. WQ had so many swoon worthy moments over ZS these episodes but I think the interesting thing is he has not yet admitted to himself he is in love with her.

They are both in denial about their changing feelings toward each other. But I like the fact that both WQ and ZS are embracing their friendship, and we get to see that friendship grow.

That was so funny! And poor BQJ must have thought Fei Fei has a favourite roommate for sure :lol:

The confession was cute. So much effort from Ming Cheng AND the scriptwriter.  I'm crap at science so I don't know if it is all correct but it sounded impressive:lol:  I loved BQJ's reaction the whole time like his confession was just a nuisance :P but we can see later on that it's definitely affecting even if she doesn't admit it yet.

Yes. That confession scene was really clever, so kudos to the writer. The MC and BQJ storyline is one of the best things about the drama for me because it is different and fresh. I really like BQJ character.

You can already see from how she can talk to WQ that they have a more mature relationship compared to her idol/hero worship crush on Ming Cheng. I really appreciated seeing the process in the drama of ZS moving on from her childhood crush.  I'm glad she could get past it.  It was painful but necessary for her to move on and part of her own emotional growth. I am soooo happy the drama didn't drag it out for episodes or have the girls turn on each other over a man. Also hilarious WQ corrected her confession letter :lol::P

I really love those "serious talk" scenes between WQ and ZS, where we get to see how these 2 characters really relate to each other, and you can understand why they end up falling for each other. So often in rom coms, we don't get to see that process of "why do these 2 love each other?" or " why are these 2 characters together?" 

I thought Xiao Fei's brother looked like a girl in the flashback scenes but it wasn't addressed so I thought I was wrong!  So it was a girl and it was Ms Xue!!!:w00t:

Good question.  i thought the "bullying" part was because she didn't take the kiss seriously.  She thought he was messing with her like when he kissed her before and he just went along with it.  I might be rationalising because your suggestions makes more sense tbh

Thanks for your thoughts on that scene.  The dialog there still doesn't make sense to me. If "bullying" is really what was said, then I think it is bad writing on the part of the scriptwriters. 

13 hours ago, raziela said:

Thank you! Sad to say but these updates make my week:flushed:

Oh my gosh! I'm the same! This drama is my "crack" at the moment and I am always needing my "fix. I'm constantly checking to see if there are subbing updates. I'm a little bit sad that I did not discover this drama when it was already finished because it is totally a "binge watch" drama! Instead I suffer the agony of waiting for new episodes.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:30 AM, Table122000 said:

And then we have that scene between WQ and Senior classmate!  When WQ shoved Senior classmate away from ZS and then swept her up in his arms and carried her away to his car-be still my heart!  I'm looking forward to the coming episodes where ZS will be helping WQ to cure his illness.

I forgot to say thank you for this! I didn't remember seeing this so I went back and realised I actually didn't finish the episode after the revelation about Xiao Fei's sister so I missed this scene :o

I've finished Ep. 24-25

I really like the fact that WQ illness is really treated like one in the drama and he is receiving treatment  from a psychatrist.  I also liked how  the doctor is assisting ZS in helping with WQ treatment by providing her with several books to read and study, as well as talking with her about how best to help WQ. 

We finally get to see Zhou Shi being confident and capapble as she plans out Wei Qing's treatment, so thank you writers!  Her program of desensitization makes sense and shows us ZS does have some intelligence and is not just a "clumsy, yet cute" girl. Love how ZS  was able to use her brain and save WQ from evil uncle's plan to expose his illness at the meeting with Ms. Xue.  Again the writers are now allowing ZS character to be more of a normally smart person at this point in the drama.

And how much Wei Qing has changed. He actually thanks ZS for helping him to cure his illness, and apologizes for accidentally hurting her hand! Plus he pretty much does what she tells him to during the "treatment" sessions, including eating food he doesn't normally eat. We get to see how much he trusts her in these episodes. Again we get to see the 2 of them interacting as friends and sharing with each other, which is great. Like the scene where they are in the bed together and ZS asks how things are going with the stock situation and WQ tells her. That's such a "normal couple" scene, like what happens between couples in real life. 

Also, I'm loving all of the scenes where we get to see the 3 roommates interacting with each other in these episodes. Whether it's helping ZS with her  "treatments" or their  heart to heart talks while having a "spa night", it's so nice to see the friendship between FF, ZS and BQJ.  Their texting at the movie theater was so funny! It didn't take long for BQJ and FF to figure out about WQ illness, and it was so nice to see them agree to support ZS in her efforts.  Of course, FF and BQJ understand  that WQ and ZS are falling for each other (along with Secretary An) way before ZS and WQ are willing to admit it. FF taking pictures of them at the movies and out walking together-how funny!

Not sure how long ZS can keep fooling herself after she had that dream about marrying WQ. :lol:

Only 5 more episodes to go before the drama is finished. I'm especially looking forward to Ep. 27. I hope that we get to see it this week. Aargh! I hate waiting for the new eps!

12 minutes ago, raziela said:

I forgot to say thank you for this! I didn't remember seeing this so I went back and realised I actually didn't finish the episode after the revelation about Xiao Fei's sister so I missed this scene :o

You are welcome! Goodness, you definitely can't miss that scene-it's heart fluttering and really shows how feelings are changing for WQ and ZS. WQ is getting possessive and protective of ZS and sees Senior classmate as a threat, while ZS is totally trusting of WQ. She just goes right back to sleep in his arms when he tells her it's him. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:58 AM, Table122000 said:

I've finished Ep. 24-25

I really like the fact that WQ illness is really treated like one in the drama and he is receiving treatment  from a psychatrist.  I also liked how  the doctor is assisting ZS in helping with WQ treatment by providing her with several books to read and study, as well as talking with her about how best to help WQ. 

We finally get to see Zhou Shi being confident and capapble as she plans out Wei Qing's treatment, so thank you writers!  Her program of desensitization makes sense and shows us ZS does have some intelligence and is not just a "clumsy, yet cute" girl. Love how ZS  was able to use her brain and save WQ from evil uncle's plan to expose his illness at the meeting with Ms. Xue.  Again the writers are now allowing ZS character to be more of a normally smart person at this point in the drama.

And how much Wei Qing has changed. He actually thanks ZS for helping him to cure his illness, and apologizes for accidentally hurting her hand! Plus he pretty much does what she tells him to during the "treatment" sessions, including eating food he doesn't normally eat. We get to see how much he trusts her in these episodes. Again we get to see the 2 of them interacting as friends and sharing with each other, which is great. Like the scene where they are in the bed together and ZS asks how things are going with the stock situation and WQ tells her. That's such a "normal couple" scene, like what happens between couples in real life. 

Also, I'm loving all of the scenes where we get to see the 3 roommates interacting with each other in these episodes. Whether it's helping ZS with her  "treatments" or their  heart to heart talks while having a "spa night", it's so nice to see the friendship between FF, ZS and BQJ.  Their texting at the movie theater was so funny! It didn't take long for BQJ and FF to figure out about WQ illness, and it was so nice to see them agree to support ZS in her efforts.  Of course, FF and BQJ understand  that WQ and ZS are falling for each other (along with Secretary An) way before ZS and WQ are willing to admit it. FF taking pictures of them at the movies and out walking together-how funny!

Not sure how long ZS can keep fooling herself after she had that dream about marrying WQ. :lol:

Only 5 more episodes to go before the drama is finished. I'm especially looking forward to Ep. 27. I hope that we get to see it this week. Aargh! I hate waiting for the new eps!

I totally agree about how good it is that WQ's illness is treated like a real one in the drama and we see how smart and sensible ZS can be as she actually researches and devises a treatment plan.  It's little touches like this which make the drama so enjoyable to me.

It's so funny seeing how WQ/ZS are basically a married couple without realising it.  Especially when WQ phoned her to come home for dinner and Fei Fei filmed their conversation and ZS was acting like a happy little newlywed housewife:lol: The roomates have such a good friendship and it's so wonderful how supportive they were.. I'm always happy to see strong female friendships in dramas! The texting at the cinema was so funny and did you notice that they had moved closer the second time at the cinema so ZS treatment plan was working.  Love these little details in the show! 

PA Wei An too is always in the background smiling fondly at the two of them. SO glad WQ at least had him all this time.

I feel like there hasn't been enough Ning Fei these last few episodes though.  I especially miss his and ZS adorable big sister/little brother interactions. 

Bit of downer that WQ's horrible mother was back in these episodes.  I really don't enjoy the scenes because of how frustrating the mother's character is, the slimy uncle and also the business stock talk is kind of dull.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:07 AM, Table122000 said:

You are welcome! Goodness, you definitely can't miss that scene-it's heart fluttering and really shows how feelings are changing for WQ and ZS. WQ is getting possessive and protective of ZS and sees Senior classmate as a threat, while ZS is totally trusting of WQ. She just goes right back to sleep in his arms when he tells her it's him. 

Watched it now and it was very cute especially how much she subconsciously trusts him ^_^  However, the senior classmate is creeping me out-slashing the picture of ZS was too violent and creepy:ph34r:

I hv yet to watch the subbed episodes of 24 & 25 coz I watched it raw after finishing 22 & 23.  Curiosity kills:tounge_wink:

But we have to say it's ZS who is slowly falling for WQ.  WQ is already in love with her.  In one of the recent episodes we see WQ talk to himself "you have returned my money, what about my love?" when ZS returned the money he gave to return back her dad's debts.  I think she is afraid to tell WQ coz maybe she feels it's shameless to express her love for WQ, immdly after being rejected by MC. 

The bed scenes were cute and how ZS is getting used to it sleeping next to him. 

The funny scene I liked is after the alarm, she is waking him like his wife and sleeps again, he also does the same.:kiss_wink:

Oh my gosh...I think I will like this!

So many CDramas out right now and a lot are truly interesting.

I'm just a bit bothered by SOME the guys jackets/ coats...he looks like a concierge for an upscale hotel.

Ok, drama fans, don't jump down my throat, it's just my initial impression from some of the stills.

I'm not familiar with the actors so I look forward to fresh new talent and faces.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:27 PM, Table122000 said:

Oh my gosh! I'm the same! This drama is my "crack" at the moment and I am always needing my "fix. I'm constantly checking to see if there are subbing updates. I'm a little bit sad that I did not discover this drama when it was already finished because it is totally a "binge watch" drama! Instead I suffer the agony of waiting for new episodes.

This has been my problem since it first ended airing. :sweatingbullets: After watching it raw, I’ve become numb from the frustration of waiting for the subs. Though I am doing my best to watch other stuff in the meantime. Will have to binge watch again the entire thing after it’s complete. :D

@Table122000 re: what you said, “We finally get to see Zhou Shi being confident” and “how much Wei Qing has changed.

This is why I love this story so much. We see their growth and transition of indifference, disgust, irritation, anger, etc to friends/romantic interest with dependence, trust, faith and a growing awareness of each other’s strengths, abilities and attraction. It never gets old.

Apologizes if my words are a bit jumbled...it’s 1 am and my eyes seem to want to do something other than stare at my computer screen. :sleeping:

On 2/23/2019 at 11:26 AM, ElleSor said:

I'm just a bit bothered by SOME the guys jackets/ coats...he looks like a concierge for an upscale hotel.

Ok, drama fans, don't jump down my throat, it's just my initial impression from some of the stills.

I'm not familiar with the actors so I look forward to fresh new talent and faces.

This drama is definitely recommended.  I agree about his professional wardrobe looking kind of tacky at times but the story and romance are great so I can overlook it. He does look much better when he is dressed down in his casual looks in my opinion.

18 hours ago, Jafstar said:

This has been my problem since it first ended airing. :sweatingbullets: After watching it raw, I’ve become numb from the frustration of waiting for the subs. Though I am doing my best to watch other stuff in the meantime. Will have to binge watch again the entire thing after it’s complete. :D

@Table122000 re: what you said, “We finally get to see Zhou Shi being confident” and “how much Wei Qing has changed.

This is why I love this story so much. We see their growth and transition of indifference, disgust, irritation, anger, etc to friends/romantic interest with dependence, trust, faith and a growing awareness of each other’s strengths, abilities and attraction. It never gets old.

Apologizes if my words are a bit jumbled...it’s 1 am and my eyes seem to want to do something other than stare at my computer screen. :sleeping:

Don't worry.  I understand what you were saying :lol:

On 2/22/2019 at 8:31 PM, raziela said:

I totally agree about how good it is that WQ's illness is treated like a real one in the drama and we see how smart and sensible ZS can be as she actually researches and devises a treatment plan.  It's little touches like this which make the drama so enjoyable to me.

It's so funny seeing how WQ/ZS are basically a married couple without realising it.  Especially when WQ phoned her to come home for dinner and Fei Fei filmed their conversation and ZS was acting like a happy little newlywed housewife:lol: The roomates have such a good friendship and it's so wonderful how supportive they were.. I'm always happy to see strong female friendships in dramas! The texting at the cinema was so funny and did you notice that they had moved closer the second time at the cinema so ZS treatment plan was working.  Love these little details in the show! 

PA Wei An too is always in the background smiling fondly at the two of them. SO glad WQ at least had him all this time.

I feel like there hasn't been enough Ning Fei these last few episodes though.  I especially miss his and ZS adorable big sister/little brother interactions. 

Bit of downer that WQ's horrible mother was back in these episodes.  I really don't enjoy the scenes because of how frustrating the mother's character is, the slimy uncle and also the business stock talk is kind of dull.

Watched it now and it was very cute especially how much she subconsciously trusts him ^_^  However, the senior classmate is creeping me out-slashing the picture of ZS was too violent and creepy:ph34r:

Yes- Having ZS research and make a treatment plan was great because it reflected how a normal person would react. I'll agree with you that this is one of the things I am loving about the drama in these later episodes.  We get to see ZS basically behaving like a normal person and not being the usual "cute but dumb" type of character who doesn't have any common sense. If only we could have seen more of these type of behaviors earlier in the drama instead of waiting until the last 8 episodes. But then I've always wanted the storyline to be more of a "friends to lovers" type of storyline  where ZS was helping WQ to cure his illness and they gradually fall for each other rather than what we got in the beginning. I am still frustrated that ZS didn't find out the truth until around Ep. 19, I thnk it was? So much wasted potential because these last 10 episodes or so have been so good. It's too bad we couldn't have seen more of this for the majority of the drama.

Yeah, the friendship between the 3 roommates has been wonderful in this drama. The texting at the movies was hilarious and I did notice how FF and BQJ were getting closer to ZS and WQ seats at the 2nd time, showing the successful progress of the treatment plan.

Ning Fei character has been on the backburner these 2 episodes. Hopefully, he will be more present for these last 5 episodes. Both side couples didn't have much screentime lately, which is a shame. 

I was also surprised when senior classmate got violent and slashed the painting. It was a jarring moment that was out of character with the overall light tone of the drama.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:41 PM, pad-hari said:

I hv yet to watch the subbed episodes of 24 & 25 coz I watched it raw after finishing 22 & 23.  Curiosity kills:tounge_wink:

But we have to say it's ZS who is slowly falling for WQ.  WQ is already in love with her.  In one of the recent episodes we see WQ talk to himself "you have returned my money, what about my love?" when ZS returned the money he gave to return back her dad's debts.  I think she is afraid to tell WQ coz maybe she feels it's shameless to express her love for WQ, immdly after being rejected by MC. 

The bed scenes were cute and how ZS is getting used to it sleeping next to him. 

The funny scene I liked is after the alarm, she is waking him like his wife and sleeps again, he also does the same.:kiss_wink:

The bed scenes are surely funny.

I did catch that line by WQ "you have returned my money, what about my love?"  which surprised me, but I was under the impression that this dialog was more of a Chinese saying/proverb rather than his actual feelings. For me, both WQ and ZS are still trying to figue out how they feel about each other, but I agree with you  that they are slowly falling for one another.

On 2/23/2019 at 6:26 AM, ElleSor said:

@ElleSor Welcome to the forum! You will definitely like this rom com! There are a lot of cute C Dramas out at the moment. I'm having a difficult time finding  C Dramas with subs, so I was so glad to find out that About Is Love is being subbed. You are not alone about the costumes for Wei Qing's character. I don't like the suits and jackets he wears as CEO either. They are very weird. He looks much better when he is dressed casually in jeans and sweatshirt. 

On 2/24/2019 at 12:59 AM, Jafstar said:

@Jafstar Your words are fine. I understand what you are saying and I totally agree with you. You said it better than I could.  

And about the subs...Yes! it is so hard waiting for the episodes! I am also going to binge watch it when the subs are fininshed.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, angelangie said:

because WeiQing deny it when she asked him before.....so she doubt him and then she wasnt sure about herself either.....the same goes to WeiQing till later on :D 

I don't remember Zhou Shi asking Wei Qing about his feelings for her. Which episode was that scene in?

Aargh! I am so frustrated waiting for the subs for the next episodes. I was really hoping that a new episode would be posted this weekend, but it wasn't. I saw a notice on the Productive Procrastination Facebook page that they have completed subbing for Ep. 27-30, but are still working on Ep. 26. She had a poll on the Facebook page about if people wanted her to just go ahead and post  Ep. 27-30 now or wait for Ep. 26. I voted to go ahead and post 27-30 now and 26 later, but surprisingly the poll results are currently 50/50. So go over to the Facebook page and cast your vote. 

Sadly, it looks like we will have a longer wait for these final 5 episodes.:cry::bawling:

Things are kind of crazy for me the last few days, but I have finally been able to watch the remaining episodes of 26-30 and I'll be posting my thoughts here as I have time. 

EP. 26:

After having the wedding dream, I think Zhou Shi is now afraid that she's getting in too deep with her relationship with Wei Qing. What is reality and what is fantasy brought on by their situation?  She's now actively trying to break the ties, but I don't think she will be able to because the big difference between her current situation and her previous relationship with Ming Cheng is that WQ actually returns her feelings, even if he hasn't admitted it yet.   We see at the end of Ep. 26 how much Wei Qing is missing her already in just one night apart.

So, Xiao Fei apologized to WQ for falsely accusing WQ of killing his cat. ( Although I felt it was a very low key and off the cuff apology, so I hope Xiao Fei gives a proper apology later.) I think he said the Uncle actually killed the cat? but for some reason he put the blame on WQ. I hope we get a better explanation about what actually was going on during the time when Xiao Fei  & WQ were living together with WQ parents.

The mother continues to annoy me with her attitude. I have to say, I didn't really understand all of the Yun Ma shares shennanigans going on,  and frankly the corporate Yun Ma Arts stuff is getting a bit boring for me at this point, so I'll just take it that Wei Qing wins his objective against Ms. Xue and got the gallery back for his mom.  

Things I likeed in this episode: the solid girls' friendship continues, Zhou Shi continues to behave like a woman with normal intelligence.

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

actually XiaoFei did told WeiQing the reason.....as all these while he knew that it was the Uncle that kill the cat and not WeiQing, however he did it to put a block in between the parents and WeiQing.

as he was worried that the parent will not care for him and if he put a lil something in between the parent and WeiQing then they will care for him more and that they wouldnt send him back to the orphanage....

he told WeiQing when he did it....all he thought about was just to borrow the parent for a bit so that he could get on his feet.....

WTH, really!!!! such a scumbag fellow.  How can he do this, when he is this young and think of doing things like this.   AWWW, now i am feeling bad for WQ. But the dad did know that he killed the cat, isnt it?  why he did not acknowledge the fact and had to do this to WQ?  Both are bad parents.  Atleast the dad realised in the end that what he did to WQ was wrong and handed over  Yun Ma to WQ.  

I have  not watched the finale episodes yet.  You know when you have this feeling to not let go off something precious you like so much. I am in that state.  Even though i finished all the episodes raw, i cannot get to watch this cute drama with subs and let it go off.  :wub:

How did everyone feel about the final episode? I was happy in the episodes leading up to the finale that WQ finally confessed and also we saw some realistic conflict for ZS over her feelings for WQ and the carer role she had taken on. I  was really enjoying this drama but I felt the final episode was a letdown and all over the place for our lead couple tbh...:confused:

6 hours ago, raziela said:

How did everyone feel about the final episode? I was happy in the episodes leading up to the finale that WQ finally confessed and also we saw some realistic conflict for ZS over her feelings for WQ and the carer role she had taken on. I  was really enjoying this drama but I felt the final episode was a letdown and all over the place for our lead couple tbh...:confused:

The final episode was a little underwhelming for me too. It felt a bit rushed, even though the drama had plenty of time to wrap up everyone's storylines properly at 30 total episodes. Zhou Shi running away and refusing to confront Wei Qing once she arrived in America felt out of character. I also felt that the drama did not convey the passage of time very well, which added to my feeling that events were rushed along.  There were some things left unclear, such as did WQ really reconcile with his mother?  She left the hospital after the conversation with WQ where she told him she blamed him for "taking his father away from her and leading him to die in a foreign country". It was unclear to me whether she recognized her wrong way of thinking and was now ready to repair their relationship or not.  Also, did Xiao Fei ever really sincerely apologize to Wei Qing and confess all of the lies he told about  Wei Qing to Wei Qing's mother?  It was unclear to me if  the mother ever knew how Xiao Fei had wrongly accused WQ , that WQ was innocent all along.  Also, I thought Ms. Xue had been defeated in Ep. 26 when WQ had that showdown with her that said his mother would remain as director of the Yun Ma Galleries, but then she's back all of a sudden in the final episode. Did Zhou Shi ever say the words "I love you" to Wei Qing? He said he wanted an answer to his question when he returned from the USA, but did she ever actually say the words? or give a direct answer to his question?  I guess she agreed to be his girlfriend regardless. The final pool scene did feel random to me as well. I didn't get why the final conversation had to be in the water, but OK. 

Things that I liked about the final episode: I liked that each couple got a happy ending, and we had a nice final kiss scene between our main leads.  I liked that ZS was shown to still have  a normal intelligence when she figured out how to use Xiao Fei's contract to save Yun Ma Art. 

Archived