Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] About is Love 大约是爱

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

@pad-hari Yes, I got that but I still don’t understand why he wants to keep her I mean he’s not in love w/ her yet so what’s the point of keeping her lol? I’m kinda confused or should I watch more to understand lmao.

 

Welcome to the Obsession...I mean, the Party of “About is Love”. :blush:  Ohhhh you should definitely watch more...lol.

According to the drama, it’s been 10 years since he developed this negative reaction to people touching him, and there are other areas that his life is affected by this trauma. He’s closeted off, emotionally stunted, cold, scared and scarred, even the one woman who should be a source of comfort (his mother) shuns him. How can he survive life as a robot?? lol. If one looks at it this way, if the basic form of human touch can be so important to a newborn’s growth and development, can you imagine how this lack of touch and normal human affection affects a grown man with...(umm how to say it delicately)...certain needs? This particular woman may not be at first his type nor desirous, but since she fullfills this screaming flag in his life, he’d be a fool to let her go. Would the chance to have another by his side ever happen again? So he clings on...giving her presents and money, anything to keep her by his side, until he realizes how important and precious she is to him. And it brings life back to full circle...:D.

 

I LOVE this story! :blush::wub:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Helene Tian said:

@pad-hari @angelangie THANK YOU! :)

 

@Jafstar Yes, I got what you meant :) also yes that's something I wanted to ask, why is his mother like this? I mean it's her son, why is she taking more care of the weird guy?

 

because she love her husband more than the son.....and also she blame the son for the cause of her husband early death...

 

in a way yes....WeiQing is the cause of his dad early death...however he is already at his last stage of cancer when he was murder by the thieves when her husband went after WeiQing in US.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the wonderful fan subbers, I have now watched up to episode 10, and this drama is my new crack! It's just what I need in the light and fluffy department. Ugh! It's so hard to wait for the next episode-I need my fix! LOL!  If I wasn't already addicted, I think this drama would be the perfect binge watch. I like that each of the 3 female friends gets her own romance story, so we have 3 couples to watch. Have to say the main couple story not quite what I expected as I thought male lead would tell female lead about his illness and then they would become friends working together for the cure and that leads to love, but instead female lead still doesn't know the situation and male lead is acting questionable behavior in manipulating trying to keep female lead  by his side.  I guess good news is they are at least talking about friendship, so maybe things will change soon.  Next subbed episode, please come soon! LOL!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Thanks to the wonderful fan subbers, I have now watched up to episode 10, and this drama is my new crack! It's just what I need in the light and fluffy department. Ugh! It's so hard to wait for the next episode-I need my fix! LOL!  If I wasn't already addicted, I think this drama would be the perfect binge watch. I like that each of the 3 female friends gets her own romance story, so we have 3 couples to watch. Have to say the main couple story not quite what I expected as I thought male lead would tell female lead about his illness and then they would become friends working together for the cure and that leads to love, but instead female lead still doesn't know the situation and male lead is acting questionable behavior in manipulating trying to keep female lead  by his side.  I guess good news is they are at least talking about friendship, so maybe things will change soon.  Next subbed episode, please come soon! LOL!

 

u will like it :) 

 

the WeiQing had always stay in doubt because of the way his mother treated him....even his own mother doesnt know that her son suffer....she shut her son out because of her husband death where she put the blame solely on him....

 

the father tried to right the wrong they did toward the son....however it was left too late with too little times....and fate had to play the prank on them as just as the dad realize how wrong he is in their treatment toward WeiQing, the God had decided to take away whatever times he had left and gave him a swift ending.....

 

so in a sense he is too use to ppl going after him for what he was able to give them....and he thought that money could solve everything and kept his illness hidden away.....however once WeiQing really open to ZhouShi you will see another obstacle....however you will like it :D  like me and @Jafstar .... bk then there was only 2 of us going insane on this series :D 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@angelangie Love!! these new reaction emoticons!! :) Thanks!!

Spoiler

After a certain drama that ended this weekend, I think we all wanted to express more feels than just “confused” or “lol”, so happy to have “angry” and an “off-topic” buttons.

 

So P&P released ep 10 and 11 today. Whooo hoo! Just finished 10, and I’m gonna savor 11 during the week. 

I get your comment about WQ’s attitude.

Angelangie said: ”of course from the start WeiQing only want to make use of ZhouShi for his own gains”

:no_mouth: Now, when we originally watched this episode, I did get the sense that that’s what he was doing; tipping off the thugs to corner her in so he could pin her in...but that was a low blow of him!!!! Those thugs could have hurt her and her Mom! Thank goodness ZS’s friend FF warned her not to get involved with him like her old classmate. However, the poor girl just keeps on getting into sticky situations with him. Happy that she puts up such a strong stand!! You go my heroine!! LOL

(Oh my. This drama really gets me drawn into the plot.)

I can’t wait till he stops being a jerk and truly sincere. He becomes a better person to my happiness. :D

 

I am so happy to see more people liking this drama. Hope to hear more of people’s thoughts. :)

Edited by Jafstar
Added a quote, swapped thoughts and wrote more.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jafstar said:

@angelangie Love!! these new reaction emoticons!! :) Thanks!!

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

So P&P released ep 10 and 11 today. Whooo hoo! Just finished 10, and I’m gonna savor 11 during the week. 

Now I get your comment about WQ’s attitude towards money and women and how nasty he could get.:no_mouth: Now, when we originally watched this episode, I did get the sense that that’s what he was doing; tipping off the thugs to corner her in...but he was really devious!!! Those thugs could have hurt her and her Mom! Thank goodness ZS’s friend FF warned her not to get involved with him like her old classmate. LOL.

(Oh my. This drama really gets me drawn into the plot.)

I can’t wait till he stops being a jerk and truly sincere. He becomes a better person to my happiness. :D

 

 

yes he was very cynical about thing...and also due to how he was brought up.....he was left on his own to grow up....his dad care more about developing his arts skill rather than raising a son....

 

his mom care more about the husband rather than raising a son........

 

he was left to his own device and his own issues all alone.....he was clever enough on how to develop as well as how to horn his business skills all by himself....hence the company he had now.....it was all his own doing not his parents.....

 

his parents gave him the chance for education.....and also probably they were financially well supported for a bit with his dad arts skills which was well recognize....other than that....im not sure what else the parent taught him

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

u will like it :) 

 

the WeiQing had always stay in doubt because of the way his mother treated him....even his own mother doesnt know that her son suffer....she shut her son out because of her husband death where she put the blame solely on him....

 

the father tried to right the wrong they did toward the son....however it was left too late with too little times....and fate had to play the prank on them as just as the dad realize how wrong he is in their treatment toward WeiQing, the God had decided to take away whatever times he had left and gave him a swift ending.....

 

so in a sense he is too use to ppl going after him for what he was able to give them....and he thought that money could solve everything and kept his illness hidden away.....however once WeiQing really open to ZhouShi you will see another obstacle....however you will like it :D  like me and @Jafstar .... bk then there was only 2 of us going insane on this series :D 

 

Thanks for your comments on Wei Qing background info. Hopefully we will see this in the episodes to come, more about WQ relationship with his parents and what happened to his father  and also what caused his illness.  I look forward to knowing more about all of that. I watched episode 11 today and it looks like (finally) things may be changing between him and Zhou Shi. I hope so as it will be nice to see ZS understand the situation and give the 2 main characters a deeper relationship. I mean, we are just few episodes from the halfway point in the drama and ZS still does not know the true reasons for WQ behavior.  After your comment about look forward to seeing what happens after Wei Qing opens up to Zhou Shi, now I can't wait for the next episodes! Oh, I'm hooked!

 

20 hours ago, Jafstar said:

@angelangie Love!! these new reaction emoticons!! :) Thanks!!

  Reveal hidden contents

After a certain drama that ended this weekend, I think we all wanted to express more feels than just “confused” or “lol”, so happy to have “angry” and an “off-topic” buttons.

 

So P&P released ep 10 and 11 today. Whooo hoo! Just finished 10, and I’m gonna savor 11 during the week. 

I get your comment about WQ’s attitude.

Angelangie said: ”of course from the start WeiQing only want to make use of ZhouShi for his own gains”

:no_mouth: Now, when we originally watched this episode, I did get the sense that that’s what he was doing; tipping off the thugs to corner her in so he could pin her in...but that was a low blow of him!!!! Those thugs could have hurt her and her Mom! Thank goodness ZS’s friend FF warned her not to get involved with him like her old classmate. However, the poor girl just keeps on getting into sticky situations with him. Happy that she puts up such a strong stand!! You go my heroine!! LOL

(Oh my. This drama really gets me drawn into the plot.)

I can’t wait till he stops being a jerk and truly sincere. He becomes a better person to my happiness. :D

 

I am so happy to see more people liking this drama. Hope to hear more of people’s thoughts. :)

 

Yes- I look forward to the next episodes as well when Wei Qing will be honest with Zhou Shi and they can become closer with each other.  I'm getting sucked into this drama plot as well. Where is the next episode??LOL! I think I should have waited to start this drama when all the episodes were subbed so I could just binge, but oh well..too late! LOL!

 

19 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

yes he was very cynical about thing...and also due to how he was brought up.....he was left on his own to grow up....his dad care more about developing his arts skill rather than raising a son....

 

his mom care more about the husband rather than raising a son........

 

he was left to his own device and his own issues all alone.....he was clever enough on how to develop as well as how to horn his business skills all by himself....hence the company he had now.....it was all his own doing not his parents.....

 

his parents gave him the chance for education.....and also probably they were financially well supported for a bit with his dad arts skills which was well recognize....other than that....im not sure what else the parent taught him

 

You have good points about Wei Qing character and his relationship with parents and how it affected him. So far, I have not seen very much in the episodes, just a little bit with how his mother is cold to him and we have a flashback scene to when Ning Fei arrives at the house and both his mother and father are favoring Ning Fei to him. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

You have good points about Wei Qing character and his relationship with parents and how it affected him. So far, I have not seen very much in the episodes, just a little bit with how his mother is cold to him and we have a flashback scene to when Ning Fei arrives at the house and both his mother and father are favoring Ning Fei to him. 

 

Because NingFei is very talented in art and he is also what you call the way an art person will be where he is to the point of weirdness...remember the first encounter between NingFei and ZhouShi? he wanted to help ZhouShi seeing how she hunger after the paint bottle but couldnt afford it....

 

and the way he did it....lols had you thinking for a moment that he was interested in ZhouShi however he was not....he just wanted to help another fellow art painter.... :) 

 

the knot will be untied and WeiQing illness will be cure....with ZhouShi's help and slowly as WeiQing open up to ZhouShi....ZhouShi had also slowly open up to him too....after she walked out of her love for Ming Ge

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Spoiler

i finished the drama  couple days ago. omg the dad love for the son :bawling: trying to protect him till the end.  It was eyecandy watching Yan Xi on the screen :wub:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was checking out AIL’s page under MyDramaList, and came across what atsteryroses had to say about the title. I found it rather interesting, and so I quote her: ‘Okay so I was confused with the title as well but “About is Love” is basically the Chinese title (da yue shi ai) But like badly translated in my opinion. So, if it’s word for word the meaning will be “About is love” bc da yue means about/approximately/probably. “Shi ai” means it’s love. Therefore, that’s why the name is “About is Love” but can also be “It’s probably love” ‘

 

Personally, I prefer the later translation because it would flow nicer, but oh well drama has been made well! But for me, reading this commentator’s defining words make this drama become more full of depth. It’s Probably Love that prompts Wei Qing to act the way he does towards Zhou Shi, but he’s gotta travel a LONNNNG way to figure that fully out! Hahah. And it’s Probably Love to ZS as she figures out her school, work, finances, friendly-ties, and her entire life have been/are all linked to WQ.:wub: Yes...About is Love or Probably is Love. One thing is very clear; they are indefinitely linked together. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jafstar said:

So I was checking out AIL’s page under MyDramaList, and came across what atsteryroses had to say about the title. I found it rather interesting, and so I quote her: ‘Okay so I was confused with the title as well but “About is Love” is basically the Chinese title (da yue shi ai) But like badly translated in my opinion. So, if it’s word for word the meaning will be “About is love” bc da yue means about/approximately/probably. “Shi ai” means it’s love. Therefore, that’s why the name is “About is Love” but can also be “It’s probably love” ‘

 

Personally, I prefer the later translation because it would flow nicer, but oh well drama has been made well! But for me, reading this commentator’s defining words make this drama become more full of depth. It’s Probably Love that prompts Wei Qing to act the way he does towards Zhou Shi, but he’s gotta travel a LONNNNG way to figure that fully out! Hahah. And it’s Probably Love to ZS as she figures out her school, work, finances, friendly-ties, and her entire life have been/are all linked to WQ.:wub: Yes...About is Love or Probably is Love. One thing is very clear; they are indefinitely linked together. 

 

 

i never paid attention to this things to be honest lols.....

 

maybe cause i probably thought it make sense that all......and they flow together so im happy :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jafstar said:

So I was checking out AIL’s page under MyDramaList, and came across what atsteryroses had to say about the title. I found it rather interesting, and so I quote her: ‘Okay so I was confused with the title as well but “About is Love” is basically the Chinese title (da yue shi ai) But like badly translated in my opinion. So, if it’s word for word the meaning will be “About is love” bc da yue means about/approximately/probably. “Shi ai” means it’s love. Therefore, that’s why the name is “About is Love” but can also be “It’s probably love” ‘

 

Personally, I prefer the later translation because it would flow nicer, but oh well drama has been made well! But for me, reading this commentator’s defining words make this drama become more full of depth. It’s Probably Love that prompts Wei Qing to act the way he does towards Zhou Shi, but he’s gotta travel a LONNNNG way to figure that fully out! Hahah. And it’s Probably Love to ZS as she figures out her school, work, finances, friendly-ties, and her entire life have been/are all linked to WQ.:wub: Yes...About is Love or Probably is Love. One thing is very clear; they are indefinitely linked together. 

 

 

Thanks for sharing that information about the translation of the title and the meaning of the title. Very interesting. I agree with you and I like the second translation of "It's Probably Love". It makes more sense and fits in better with the plot and themes of the drama as a whole.  The literal title "About Is Love" is actually grammatically incorrect in the english language and does not make sense.  This can happen when translations are literal and use the grammar structure of the original language. Sometimes they don't make sense or they can be understood but it's difficult because it's awkward or clunky.  If we make the original title gramatically correct  It Is About Love, or using contractions "It's About Love", the meaning is different because the word about in this context is more certain in definition that the word probably which has a meaning of more uncertain.  Since the drama deals with people questioning themselves, trying to find out what they want in life, using the word probably is a better choice in my opinion. Regardless, I'm enjoying the drama whatever the title! :)

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

 

i never paid attention to this things to be honest lols.....

 

maybe cause i probably thought it make sense that all......and they flow together so im happy :D

 

 I understand your point. I pay attention to the titles, but my main concern is the plot when I am selecting a drama. As long as I enjoy the story, that is the most important.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I CAN’T! I WASN’T READY FOR THIS LOOOOOOOOOOL OMG OMG

Spoiler

EPISODE 14 THE KISS THO OMGGGGG IDK BUT IT WAS SO FKING HOT LMAO. I mean it was so sensual, also the song matched perfectly :*

Also, I just checked the bio of the main actor. I didn’t know him at all before this drama but he’s handsome :p at least in the drama, he is lol. And I saw 1996?! Lmao, he looks way older wtf.

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I understand your point. I pay attention to the titles, but my main concern is the plot when I am selecting a drama. As long as I enjoy the story, that is the most important.

 

yes and i will complete if the story kinda totally derail from the original plot or totally had nothing to do with the title.....

 

i mean the story need to be able to hold the title at the very least for me :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched up to Ep. 13 with subs:

 

First, I have to say what is wrong with Wei Qing's father? He is constantly pressuring Wei Qing to be a painter, but when WQ sells his first painting (for $1000, no less!) he belittles his talent and calls his painting "trash"? What is up with that?! Not even a "congratulations". Ugh!

On a side note, I have to say WQ Father's attitude in regards to art, I find it unrealistic. I can understand his distaste for art that is "too commercial" as this is a common criticism in the art world, but to go so far as to say he doesn't want to see his son's art hanging on people's walls in their homes-no. Frankly, every artist wants to sell their art for lots of money to collectors, and any artist that says different is a big liar. It is every artist's dream to be able to support themselves and their families through the sale of their art-to be able to just work on their art full time, and not have to work other jobs in order to survive.

Anyway, back to the episodes. Both the father and the mother are terrible to Wei Qing. And how cute are Zhou Shi and Wei Qing together in ep. 12-13? It's nice to see them becoming friends at last.  I hope that ZS finds out about WQ illness soon (like next episode) so that we can see them working together to find a cure for WQ.  Looks like Wei Qing is already falling for ZS, but I'm glad that the writers have already given us a few scenes that show ZS is physically attracted to WQ, even if she doesn't quite realize it herself yet.  I heard from others that things heat up in ep. 14-15, so can't wait!  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I have watched up to Ep. 13 with subs:

 

First, I have to say what is wrong with Wei Qing's father? He is constantly pressuring Wei Qing to be a painter, but when WQ sells his first painting (for $1000, no less!) he belittles his talent and calls his painting "trash"? What is up with that?! Not even a "congratulations". Ugh!

On a side note, I have to say WQ Father's attitude in regards to art, I find it unrealistic. I can understand his distaste for art that is "too commercial" as this is a common criticism in the art world, but to go so far as to say he doesn't want to see his son's art hanging on people's walls in their homes-no. Frankly, every artist wants to sell their art for lots of money to collectors, and any artist that says different is a big liar. It is every artist's dream to be able to support themselves and their families through the sale of their art-to be able to just work on their art full time, and not have to work other jobs in order to survive.

Anyway, back to the episodes. Both the father and the mother are terrible to Wei Qing. And how cute are Zhou Shi and Wei Qing together in ep. 12-13? It's nice to see them becoming friends at last.  I hope that ZS finds out about WQ illness soon (like next episode) so that we can see them working together to find a cure for WQ.  Looks like Wei Qing is already falling for ZS, but I'm glad that the writers have already given us a few scenes that show ZS is physically attracted to WQ, even if she doesn't quite realize it herself yet.  I heard from others that things heat up in ep. 14-15, so can't wait!  

Thanks for the heads up that Episodes 12-13 are out:)  I just finished 10 and 11 this morning.

 

i am really enjoying this.  I loved how unlike some dramas Zhou Shi holds her ground and Wei Qing's manipulative behaviour is not excused.  In other dramas she would have already given in to his underhanded, overbearing actions and and his behavior would be seen as romantic.  I was so pleased that even when she was at her lowest point in episode 11 she stayed strong and made him see the error of his ways (along with Fei Fei and her kick) Now he really is sorry rather than just saying sorry.  Now Wei Qing knows he has to treat her like a person rather than a toy and he has to behave like a person too. And now I can fully get behind their romance :D

 

The actress for Zhou Shi is adorable without being annoying and I like her acting.  I have to say I don't really like the CEO styling for Wei Qing.  He looks like a plastic Ken doll! They make his hair so big and stiff but it's a bit better in the latest episodes.  He looks more handsome and younger when he is dressed down in casual clothes with his hair down or in the flashbacks in just a hoodie and jeans.  I saw someone on the thread mentioned he was only born in 1996 so I guess they are trying to make him look older with the heavy styling when he is in CEO mode. 

 

Xiao Fei is so cute too. His dedication and little crush for his new big sister Zhou Shi is adorable! At first I thought the character was just eccentric and introverted.  I didn't realise until he donated the money to the charity that his character is supposed to be autistic but it makes sense given some of the behaviour he has shown.  Wei Qing had better improve the way he treats Xiao Fei too!  He is so mean to him and he is just a kid:angry:

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, raziela said:

Thanks for the heads up that Episodes 12-13 are out:)  I just finished 10 and 11 this morning.

 

i am really enjoying this.  I loved how unlike some dramas Zhou Shi holds her ground and Wei Qing's manipulative behaviour is not excused.  In other dramas she would have already given in to his underhanded, overbearing actions and and his behavior would be seen as romantic.  I was so pleased that even when she was at her lowest point in episode 11 she stayed strong and made him see the error of his ways (along with Fei Fei and her kick) Now he really is sorry rather than just saying sorry.  Now Wei Qing knows he has to treat her like a person rather than a toy and he has to behave like a person too. And now I can fully get behind their romance :D

 

The actress for Zhou Shi is adorable without being annoying and I like her acting.  I have to say I don't really like the CEO styling for Wei Qing.  He looks like a plastic Ken doll! They make his hair so big and stiff but it's a bit better in the latest episodes.  He looks more handsome and younger when he is dressed down in casual clothes with his hair down or in the flashbacks in just a hoodie and jeans.  I saw someone on the thread mentioned he was only born in 1996 so I guess they are trying to make him look older with the heavy styling when he is in CEO mode. 

 

Xiao Fei is so cute too. His dedication and little crush for his new big sister Zhou Shi is adorable! At first I thought the character was just eccentric and introverted.  I didn't realise until he donated the money to the charity that his character is supposed to be autistic but it makes sense given some of the behaviour he has shown.  Wei Qing had better improve the way he treats Xiao Fei too!  He is so mean to him and he is just a kid:angry:

 

 

can't WeiQing will not improved his way and it was also mainly because XiaoFei in a sense did trigger WeiQing the wrong way too.....i wont tell u why or how lols :D

 

ZhouShi will be WeiQing life line in this drama and slowly you will see WeiQing change his behavior and be less manipulative toward her and try to be more understanding and also try his best to win ZhouShi over with the correct way....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 7:22 AM, raziela said:

Thanks for the heads up that Episodes 12-13 are out:)  I just finished 10 and 11 this morning.

 

i am really enjoying this.  I loved how unlike some dramas Zhou Shi holds her ground and Wei Qing's manipulative behaviour is not excused.  In other dramas she would have already given in to his underhanded, overbearing actions and and his behavior would be seen as romantic.  I was so pleased that even when she was at her lowest point in episode 11 she stayed strong and made him see the error of his ways (along with Fei Fei and her kick) Now he really is sorry rather than just saying sorry.  Now Wei Qing knows he has to treat her like a person rather than a toy and he has to behave like a person too. And now I can fully get behind their romance :D

 

The actress for Zhou Shi is adorable without being annoying and I like her acting.  I have to say I don't really like the CEO styling for Wei Qing.  He looks like a plastic Ken doll! They make his hair so big and stiff but it's a bit better in the latest episodes.  He looks more handsome and younger when he is dressed down in casual clothes with his hair down or in the flashbacks in just a hoodie and jeans.  I saw someone on the thread mentioned he was only born in 1996 so I guess they are trying to make him look older with the heavy styling when he is in CEO mode. 

 

Xiao Fei is so cute too. His dedication and little crush for his new big sister Zhou Shi is adorable! At first I thought the character was just eccentric and introverted.  I didn't realise until he donated the money to the charity that his character is supposed to be autistic but it makes sense given some of the behaviour he has shown.  Wei Qing had better improve the way he treats Xiao Fei too!  He is so mean to him and he is just a kid:angry:

 

Yes, I like the female lead actress in this drama also. And her character is a breath of fresh air in the way that she stands up to the main lead and sticks to her principles. I don't mind the CEO styling for the main lead, but I agree with you that he looks much better with his hair down or in a more casual style. He's very handsome in the scenes where he is not at the office or performing his CEO duties. My goodness, I had not realized the actor playing Wei Qing was so young at just 22! I'll agree with you they are trying to make him look older as the character is 28 years.  

I like Xiao Fei character too. Actually, all of the supporting characters are interesting. (OK, I'm not that interested in the uncle and mother, but they have their purpose in the drama). Is the Xiao Fei character really supposed to be autistic? I was thinking he's just withdrawn and traumatised by his past. I really hope he's not autistic, just because I don't like how most dramas really do not handle it properly. I'm glad that the drama hasn't specifically labeled Xiao Fei as autistic. I agree that I hope Wei Qing begins to treat Xiao Fei better and that they can have a closer relationship by the end of the drama since both of them are lonely people. I find it funny that the 3 roommates  make such a big deal about Xiao Fei being "a kid" or "so young" when the character is 18 years and a college freshman, and the roommates are all 3rd year students, so he's only 2 years younger than them-3 at most.  But the actor playing Xiao fei does look young. (Fun Fact- the actor playing Xiao Fei and the actor playing Wei Qing are the same age in real life. Both are 22 years old)

 

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

 

can't WeiQing will not improved his way and it was also mainly because XiaoFei in a sense did trigger WeiQing the wrong way too.....i wont tell u why or how lols :D

 

ZhouShi will be WeiQing life line in this drama and slowly you will see WeiQing change his behavior and be less manipulative toward her and try to be more understanding and also try his best to win ZhouShi over with the correct way....

 

Thanks for the information about Wei Qing is the upcoming episodes. I can't wait to see the relationships develop.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yes, I like the female lead actress in this drama also. And her character is a breath of fresh air in the way that she stands up to the main lead and sticks to her principles. I don't mind the CEO styling for the main lead, but I agree with you that he looks much better with his hair down or in a more casual style. He's very handsome in the scenes where he is not at the office or performing his CEO duties. My goodness, I had not realized the actor playing Wei Qing was so young at just 22! I'll agree with you they are trying to make him look older as the character is 28 years.  

I like Xiao Fei character too. Actually, all of the supporting characters are interesting. (OK, I'm not that interested in the uncle and mother, but they have their purpose in the drama). Is the Xiao Fei character really supposed to be autistic? I was thinking he's just withdrawn and traumatised by his past. I really hope he's not autistic, just because I don't like how most dramas really do not handle it properly. I'm glad that the drama hasn't specifically labeled Xiao Fei as autistic. I agree that I hope Wei Qing begins to treat Xiao Fei better and that they can have a closer relationship by the end of the drama since both of them are lonely people. I find it funny that the 3 roommates  make such a big deal about Xiao Fei being "a kid" or "so young" when the character is 18 years and a college freshman, and the roommates are all 3rd year students, so he's only 2 years younger than them-3 at most.  But the actor playing Xiao fei does look young. (Fun Fact- the actor playing Xiao Fei and the actor playing Wei Qing are the same age in real life. Both are 22 years old)

Yes, I prefer seeing WQ in "relaxed" mode and casual look. 

 

The detail of WQ having a visible allergic reaction is a good one.  It makes you empathise with him even more and realise how painful and lonely he must be. It must feel like a miracle that after 10 years of suffering Zhou Shi appeared in his life. So even though I don;t agree with his methods, I can understand why he was so desperate to keep her by his side.  He definitely seems to have come alive since meeting Shi Shi.  I was wondering if they forgot about WQ's allergy in episode 12 when his mother slapped him as we didn't see any allergic reaction or maybe her touch doesn't' affect him as she is his mother. 

 

Xiao Fei - I'm not certain he is definitely autistic but I think that's what the drama is implying. I agree it's better they don't explicitly label him as dramas don't usually do a good job with portraying autism and this definitely isn't the right drama to explore that.  I think the girls treat him like a kid because he does act like a child at times and he also looks younger too.  Thanks for the fun fact!  I am surprised that Ning Fei and Wei Qing's actors are the same age :o  I'd like to see an everyday picture of the two actors side by side to see how they look normally.

 

I'm not that interested in Shi Shi's flatmates storylines.  It's obvious the slimy uncle is going to try to use Fei Fei.  I find the scenes between Bi Qiu Jing (the brainy flatmate) and Li Ming Cheng dull. I do like how they are the opposite of the usual tropes and she is totally confident and even arrogant about her intelligence.  She isn't even that interested in him and he is the one who is left speechless every time so far.  I'm also wondering if there's a point to the mean girl schoolmate who tried to trick WQ at the beginning besides being annoying and nasty.  I'm also wondering about Shi Shi's male friend in her art class, it feels like his role might become more significant but I can't guess how.

 

EDITED TO ADD: Just saw Episode 14 is out!!!

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...