[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] About is Love 大约是爱

Admin

I've watched ep. 18-19 and FINALLY Zhou Shi knows about Wei Qing's allergy/illness! Yes! Xia I'm looking forward to the two of them working together to find a cure and falling in love with each other.  Other things I liked in these episodes:

1) ZS  figuring out on her own about the reasons for Wei Qing avoiding touching people, as well as figuring out by herself the identity of Xiao Fei is Xun Ran. It was nice to see her character has a normal intelligence level since so many times these female leads are portrayed as clueless and can't figure anything out, even things that an average person would be able to understand.  I also like that her character stands up for herself. 

2) Xiao Fei coming to the rescue of Fei Fei, and Fei Fei finally being able to see Xiao Fei as a potential partner. 

3) XF & FF kisses! Loved how XF kissed FF first, and then FF kissed XF again. Kudos to the actors for making the kisses relaxed and reciprocal, and not awkward and stiff. 

4) Bi Qiu Jing singing the Periodic Table song at the karaoke! LOL! It was too funny. Also, loved how when FF told her to come with her to the toilet, BQJ said "but I haven't sung the english version yet!" :lol: Agree with @raziela it's the perfect song for her!

Question for the forum: Why is Wei Qing moving into the art studio space above ZS apartment?  Did he give a reason and I just missed it? 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Question for the forum: Why is Wei Qing moving into the art studio space above ZS apartment?  Did he give a reason and I just missed it? 

As WQ don't like NF, he made him vacate his art studio above ZS apt and he bought the place, I suppose.  But NF was taken in by these girls. 

Since he want to be with ZS for his treatment he is moving near her also make his moves to somehow fall in love with him.  He is very smart and I think he also knows that LMC is not in love with ZS and it's a one-sided love.  So, this is the opportunity for him to move close with her. 

But he will be so sweet from now on.  He will help her in her academics and will be a great moral support to her.  Love him so much from EP.20 on:love::wub:

22 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Oh, both of them are so cute.  Love them both for their relationship even though they know each other for only short time.:kiss_wink:

I love their relationship. Even though they have only known each other a little while these two care about each other so much.  It is soooo adorable to see! 

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

4) Bi Qiu Jing singing the Periodic Table song at the karaoke! LOL! It was too funny. Also, loved how when FF told her to come with her to the toilet, BQJ said "but I haven't sung the english version yet!" :lol: Agree with @raziela it's the perfect song for her!

:lol: Yes!  I was laughing at her wanting to sing the English version too!

54 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

But he will be so sweet from now on.  He will help her in her academics and will be a great moral support to her.  Love him so much from EP.20 on:love::wub:

I'm looking forward to it! I  want them to get together but I am enjoying this platonic phase of their relationship with slightly flirty WQ so much. Love how this drama has so may tropes but it feels like we are getting a fresh spin on them :heart:

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

As WQ don't like NF, he made him vacate his art studio above ZS apt and he bought the place, I suppose.  But NF was taken in by these girls. 

Since he want to be with ZS for his treatment he is moving near her also make his moves to somehow fall in love with him.  He is very smart and I think he also knows that LMC is not in love with ZS and it's a one-sided love.  So, this is the opportunity for him to move close with her. 

Thanks for explaining things. I appreciate it. Can't wait to see all of the cute moments ahead for our OTP.

Episode 20 and 21. Another great pair of episodes!  It's so much fun watching WQ helping ZS with her studies.  He's a mean teacher but clearly it is working!  I loved that he worked so hard to help her and believed in her even though her classmate gave up on her:lol: 

It was so cute how WQ was like a lost puppy without ZS.  He couldn't be without her for 5 days before he was bored and sighing and HAD to go to the university to see her :wub:   So hilarious how the roommates and ZS tried to sneak food up to her in ZS in her bag like she was Rapunzel in the tower.  Too bad WQ caught them!

The fight scene at the beginning was cringy but I'm glad the drama hasn't forgotten about ZS's crazy strength! And it gave us some cute scenes of jealous WQ and some sexual tension when she was putting salve on his wounds.

All I can say about Fei Fei is she has terrible taste in men. Between slimy uncle and her piece of trash ex-boyfriend who might also be a gang member her track record is dreadful.  She needs to take ZS' advice about relationships and start looking for a good man instead of a rich one.

The little phone conversation between Genius BQJ and LMC was sweet!  She is truly oblivious to his feelings

Shoutout to PA Wei An who is WQ's loyal wingman and is the only family has had in all these years.  I am not even going to say anything about his mother.  She makes me so mad!  It's heartbreaking because you can see that WQ still craves her acceptance and love :tears:

I think ZS (and the audience) deserve an explanation for his behaviour when she found his secret room.  However I was relieved he didn't freeze her out like I thought he might and continued with the teaching.

The thread became active, thought new episodes were subbed... LOL

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I think ZS (and the audience) deserve an explanation for his behaviour when she found his secret room.  However I was relieved he didn't freeze her out like I thought he might and continued with the teaching.

Yes, needs to be addressed at some point. WQ shouldn’t be mad or stay mad considering all his trickery from the beginning with her. WQ/ZS have come a long way. 

I have finished Ep. 20-21.

There was a lot of cute in these 2 episodes.  I loved watching Wei Qing helping Zhou Shi with studying for her exams, although he was a strict taskmaster as @raziela pointed out. Although it was kind of mean for WQ to get rid of the Senior classmate tutor so he would be ZS only option. However, he was clearly a better teacher, so I'll have to forgive him. It was so funny when Secretary An appeared to Zhou Shi, saying that he knew just the person to help ZS. Someone who had lived and studied in the US, where they had received a fine arts degree, so they could help with both the art exam and the english exam. ZS was all "Really?!..This is great!" Until she realized they were heading back to the Chairman's office. Hahaha!:D

1 hour ago, raziela said:

It was so cute how WQ was like a lost puppy without ZS.  He couldn't be without her for 5 days before he was bored and sighing and HAD to go to the university to see her :wub:   So hilarious how the roommates and ZS tried to sneak food up to her in ZS in her bag like she was Rapunzel in the tower.  Too bad WQ caught them!

Yes! That scene with WQ was sweet...aww....he was missing ZS so much.  I'm surprised he lasted 5 days!  And Secretary An trying not to laugh when WQ came into his office asking about ZS:lol: He totally knew what WQ was after.  So food was what was in the backpack...hahaha!  FF and BQJ are such good friends to ZS. It's nice to see girl friendships portrayed so sweetly here. They really do look out for each other.   

The fight scene at the beginning of Ep. 20 was really strange for me as I couldn't understand why the ex-boyfriend got so upset over what was really just a shove. Anyway, I'll agree that it was nice to see ZS kick some butt and be the one to save XF. Also liked the sexual tension with ZS treating WQ allergy, plus she was affected when he came out of the bathroom in only a towel. What were the scenes of jealous WQ? I can't believe I missed them! Please let me know. 

Poor Fei Fei is now under the misunderstanding that ZS and XF are a couple. She was so sad, but what a great friend to let it go and  support them. The bad part is this situation is sending her back into Uncle's orbit because she thinks she doesn't have any chance with XF and she is trying to get over him. 

As for Wei Qing's mother,...really? She's just too much. Poor WQ! I was glad ZS and FF set her straight about how WQ came to the rescue of XF. I just wish XF could talk to WQ mother more since he seems to be the only person she takes seriously. 

1 hour ago, chdom said:

Yes, needs to be addressed at some point. WQ shouldn’t be mad or stay mad considering all his trickery from the beginning with her. WQ/ZS have come a long way. 

Agreed.  He is fortunate ZS is so forgiving. It is great to see how their relationship  has developed and evolved since the beginning.

30 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Although it was kind of mean for WQ to get rid of the Senior classmate tutor so he would be ZS only option.

OMG!  I didn't realise WQ engineered the classmate having to go and work on that other project!  It make sense now!  i did think it was suspiciously convenient that the classmate had to suddenly go and work on a project but I thought it was just a convenient plot development.

Also liked the sexual tension with ZS treating WQ allergy, plus she was affected when he came out of the bathroom in only a towel. What were the scenes of jealous WQ? I can't believe I missed them! Please let me know. 

It wasn't major but I think he was a little jealous when they got home from the fight and WQ realises Xiao Fei lives with ZS, FF and BQJ.

As for Wei Qing's mother,...really? She's just too much. Poor WQ! I was glad ZS and FF set her straight about how WQ came to the rescue of XF. I just wish XF could talk to WQ mother more since he seems to be the only person she takes seriously. 

I'm glad they set her straight.  Some dramas would let that drag on for episodes.  I would like to see XF speak up to her more but maybe he doesn't feel it is his place or he is afraid to alienate her.  Considering how unkind WQ is to XF I actually think XF is far nicer to him than he needs to be. I don't know how nice I would be towards someone who forced me to be homeless. 

2 hours ago, chdom said:

I couldn’t resist and was very bad! Lol 

The last episode’s last half was subbed... It’s out there if anyone is interested...

You know what, some of us already watched the raw episodes, couldn't contain our curiosity and enjoying these subbed episodes, myself- the 4th time.  I don't know about others.:joy::tounge_wink:

Anyway thanks:grin:

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

You know what, some of us already watched the raw episodes, couldn't contain our curiosity and enjoying these subbed episodes, myself- the 4th time.  I don't know about others.:joy::tounge_wink:

That’s right! I keep forgetting the raws are out there... Heol 

23 hours ago, raziela said:

Agreed.  He is fortunate ZS is so forgiving. It is great to see how their relationship  has developed and evolved since the beginning.

OMG!  I didn't realise WQ engineered the classmate having to go and work on that other project!  It make sense now!  i did think it was suspiciously convenient that the classmate had to suddenly go and work on a project but I thought it was just a convenient plot development.

It wasn't major but I think he was a little jealous when they got home from the fight and WQ realises Xiao Fei lives with ZS, FF and BQJ.

I'm glad they set her straight.  Some dramas would let that drag on for episodes.  I would like to see XF speak up to her more but maybe he doesn't feel it is his place or he is afraid to alienate her.  Considering how unkind WQ is to XF I actually think XF is far nicer to him than he needs to be. I don't know how nice I would be towards someone who forced me to be homeless. 

Thanks for clarifying about the jealous scenes-when I watched the first time, I thought WQ was more just upset that XF had been able to foil his plan to punish XF and make him leave the comfort of the studio, but now on rewatch I see he is a little jealous too. 

Yes, WQ engineered the whole thing with Professor Yan. After he saw the Art Senior classmate tell ZS he didn't think he could help her anymore and ZS begs him to stay, then WQ said to Secretary An " I need to see Professor Yan. Let's go."  And then we have the scene where Art Senior tells ZS he can't tutor her anymore because Prof. Yan needs him on an urgent project. 

You have a good point about Xiao Fei.

QUESTION: In Ep. 21, what names or words are written on the stick Wei Qing uses to teach Zhou Shi? He says it's the stick his father used when teaching him and it has his name on it but then Zhou Shi looks at the stick and says "there is another name-what is it?" or something like that and WQ snatches the stick back and says "never mind".  Did anyone see what was written on the stick? 

At the end of Ep. 21, Zhou Shi finds the secret room in the basement of WQ house, but I am confused about what is the secret room? Is it supposed to be another studio/workspace of WQ father? Are the paintings there painted by WQ father, or is it a place where Wei Qing paints and the paintings are Wei Qing's?  I thought when ZS first entered she looked at some of the paintings and said Wei Qing's name, but then she looked at a different painting and said that it was Wei Qing's father?  Does anyone know what that scene was about? Also, were those blood stains on the chair or just red paint?

21 hours ago, Table122000 said:

QUESTION: In Ep. 21, what names or words are written on the stick Wei Qing uses to teach Zhou Shi? He says it's the stick his father used when teaching him and it has his name on it but then Zhou Shi looks at the stick and says "there is another name-what is it?" or something like that and WQ snatches the stick back and says "never mind".  Did anyone see what was written on the stick? 

At the end of Ep. 21, Zhou Shi finds the secret room in the basement of WQ house, but I am confused about what is the secret room? Is it supposed to be another studio/workspace of WQ father? Are the paintings there painted by WQ father, or is it a place where Wei Qing paints and the paintings are Wei Qing's?  I thought when ZS first entered she looked at some of the paintings and said Wei Qing's name, but then she looked at a different painting and said that it was Wei Qing's father?  Does anyone know what that scene was about? Also, were those blood stains on the chair or just red paint?

Good questions.  I wondered if I missed something in translation but I see it wasn't just me who was confused. 

Hey everyone! I received a respose in regards to my question about the stick in Ep.21:

QUESTION: In Ep. 21, what names or words are written on the stick Wei Qing uses to teach Zhou Shi? He says it's the stick his father used when teaching him and it has his name on it but then Zhou Shi looks at the stick and says "there is another name-what is it?" or something like that and WQ snatches the stick back and says "never mind".  Did anyone see what was writtenon the stick? 

@BTSF123  at My Drama List responded with this information:

I'm not chinese so correct me if im wrong, but to answer Q1, the other name on the other side of the stick is xiaofeis name. 

Hahaha! Looks like Dad used the stick to teach both Wei Qing and Xiao Fei. No wonder WQ didn't want ZS to know anything.  I just checked and Ep. 22-23 are now subbed so I'm off to watch them!

On 2/16/2019 at 3:35 AM, Table122000 said:

Hey everyone! I received a respose in regards to my question about the stick in Ep.21:

QUESTION: In Ep. 21, what names or words are written on the stick Wei Qing uses to teach Zhou Shi? He says it's the stick his father used when teaching him and it has his name on it but then Zhou Shi looks at the stick and says "there is another name-what is it?" or something like that and WQ snatches the stick back and says "never mind".  Did anyone see what was writtenon the stick? 

@BTSF123  at My Drama List responded with this information:

I'm not chinese so correct me if im wrong, but to answer Q1, the other name on the other side of the stick is xiaofeis name. 

Hahaha! Looks like Dad used the stick to teach both Wei Qing and Xiao Fei. No wonder WQ didn't want ZS to know anything.  I just checked and Ep. 22-23 are now subbed so I'm off to watch them!

Thanks for reporting back!  So now we know the answer to one mystery

Enjoy episodes 22 and 23!  Lots of plot progress and movement in everybody's relationship dynamics - and a kiss!:D

I've finished Ep. 22-23:

We finally see Zhou Shi changing her mind about Wei Qing and the 2 of them becoming closer. Turns out the way to ZS's heart is through tutoring! LOL! First with Ming Cheng after he helped her with her homework in the elevator, and now WQ helping her with her exams.  And WQ surprise birthday cake and wall decoration for ZS was so sweet-no wonder ZS was moved to tears!  And then ZS automatically included WQ as one of her birthday party guests, when it was "just the six of us".  So he's already getting closer to  the same status as Ming Cheng in Zhou Shi's mind. I liked the scene between Fei Fei and Wei Qing when he asked FF to help him arrange ZS birthday party. FF is such a good friend to ZS, and she is a great character who is very protective of those she cares about.  I liked how FF just asked WQ outright about what were his feelings and intentions toward ZS. Of course, WQ is denying anything more than friendship at this point, but I think FF isn't buying it. After all, WQ even bought a party dress for ZS to wear! However, she does seem satisfied that WQ is sincere towards ZS.

FF trying to pretend she planned the party was so funny. Especially when BQJ said she wanted  FF to host a birthday party for her at the same place! I was glad that Fei Fei found out the truth regarding Xiao Fei and Zhou Shi not being a couple. She was so happy! That little smile! I have to say the "ballroom dancing" at ZS party was so over the top-LOL! But we did have some cute scenes of all 3 of our couples dancing with each other. (even if it was at times looking silly) FF took charge as usual of the dancing with Xiao Fei! :lol:

The scene in the bathroom between Ming Cheng and Wei Qing was both sweet and funny. It was sweet of WQ to be thinking of ZS and ask MC not to confess to BQJ that night, and funny when MC tried to explain his confession "The Laplace theorem..." and WQ is like ""Stop. I don't want to know.." Hahaha!

Of course Ming Cheng's confession to Qiu Jing was too cute with all of the math and science formulas spelling out "I love you". It is so true that only BQJ would understand it. They are so made for each other. Of course, BQJ was not about to accept MC because of ZS's feelings. For BQJ it's definitely "sisters before misters". 

But then poor Zhou Shi- she finally had to accept what she's known deep down all along-that MC only thinks of her as a friend/little sister. 

QUESTION:

So, we then had the kiss in the rain scene with WQ. I don't understand why ZS said that WQ was bullying her? After the kiss the translation was "Why did you bully me?" and then WQ says "I was wrong. I won't bully you anymore". And then they hugged each other while ZS cried. To me, WQ wasn't bullying ZS, he was trying to comfort her.  Maybe it was a translation error? Before the kiss WQ was yelling at ZS, about how she ran off, didn't answer her phone and he was worried about her, so I think saying something like " Why did you yell at me?" or "Why did you shout at me?" seems to me to more accurately reflect what was happening in the scene. And then his response "I was wrong. I won't yell at you anymore" makes better sense to me too. Does anyone here at the forum speak Chinese? Was the translation correct? 

Anyway, again we have some nice scenes where ZS and WQ have heart to heart talks. And WQ making corrections on ZS confession letter was too funny! LOL! 

I liked that ZS was able to move on and tell both MC and BQJ that she supported their relationship. Plus, how cute was that group hug?

So it turns out that Ms. Xue was Xiao Fei's "brother" at the orphanage! But why didn't she tell XF at the exhibition?

And then we have that scene between WQ and Senior classmate!  When WQ shoved Senior classmate away from ZS and then swept her up in his arms and carried her away to his car-be still my heart!  I'm looking forward to the coming episodes where ZS will be helping WQ to cure his illness.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:30 AM, Table122000 said:

We finally see Zhou Shi changing her mind about Wei Qing and the 2 of them becoming closer. Turns out the way to ZS's heart is through tutoring! LOL! First with Ming Cheng after he helped her with her homework in the elevator, and now WQ helping her with her exams.  And WQ surprise birthday cake and wall decoration for ZS was so sweet-no wonder ZS was moved to tears!  And then ZS automatically included WQ as one of her birthday party guests, when it was "just the six of us".  So he's already getting closer to  the same status as Ming Cheng in Zhou Shi's mind. I liked the scene between Fei Fei and Wei Qing when he asked FF to help him arrange ZS birthday party. FF is such a good friend to ZS, and she is a great character who is very protective of those she cares about.  I liked how FF just asked WQ outright about what were his feelings and intentions toward ZS. Of course, WQ is denying anything more than friendship at this point, but I think FF isn't buying it. Aft, bu=oth er all, WQ even bought a party dress for ZS to wear! However, she does seem satisfied that WQ is sincere towards ZS

I love how close WQ and FF are now and how considerate and sweet he is with her now.  Compare him to his arrogant overbearing behaviour before.  He has really grown as a person thanks to his relationship with ZS. WQ had so many swoon worthy moments over ZS these episodes but I think the interesting thing is he has not yet admitted to himself he is in love with her.

FF trying to pretend she planned the party was so funny. Especially when BQJ said she wanted  FF to host a birthday party for her at the same place!

That was so funny! And poor BQJ must have thought Fei Fei has a favourite roommate for sure :lol:

Of course Ming Cheng's confession to Qiu Jing was too cute with all of the math and science formulas spelling out "I love you". It is so true that only BQJ would understand it. They are so made for each other. Of course, BQJ was not about to accept MC because of ZS's feelings. For BQJ it's definitely "sisters before misters". 

The confession was cute. So much effort from Ming Cheng AND the scriptwriter.  I'm crap at science so I don't know if it is all correct but it sounded impressive:lol:  I loved BQJ's reaction the whole time like his confession was just a nuisance :P but we can see later on that it's definitely affecting even if she doesn't admit it yet.

Anyway, again we have some nice scenes where ZS and WQ have heart to heart talks. And WQ making corrections on ZS confession letter was too funny! LOL! 

I liked that ZS was able to move on and tell both MC and BQJ that she supported their relationship. Plus, how cute was that group hug?

You can already see from how she can talk to WQ that they have a more mature relationship compared to her idol/hero worship crush on Ming Cheng. I really appreciated seeing the process in the drama of ZS moving on from her childhood crush.  I'm glad she could get past it.  It was painful but necessary for her to move on and part of her own emotional growth. I am soooo happy the drama didn't drag it out for episodes or have the girls turn on each other over a man. Also hilarious WQ corrected her confession letter :lol::P

I thought Xiao Fei's brother looked like a girl in the flashback scenes but it wasn't addressed so I thought I was wrong!  So it was a girl and it was Ms Xue!!!:w00t:

QUESTION:

So, we then had the kiss in the rain scene with WQ. I don't understand why ZS said that WQ was bullying her? After the kiss the translation was "Why did you bully me?" and then WQ says "I was wrong. I won't bully you anymore". And then they hugged each other while ZS cried. To me, WQ wasn't bullying ZS, he was trying to comfort her.  Maybe it was a translation error? Before the kiss WQ was yelling at ZS, about how she ran off, didn't answer her phone and he was worried about her, so I think saying something like " Why did you yell at me?" or "Why did you shout at me?" seems to me to more accurately reflect what was happening in the scene. And then his response "I was wrong. I won't yell at you anymore" makes better sense to me too. Does anyone here at the forum speak Chinese? Was the translation correct? 

Good question.  i thought the "bullying" part was because she didn't take the kiss seriously.  She thought he was messing with her like when he kissed her before and he just went along with it.  I might be rationalising because your suggestions makes more sense tbh

Archived