Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] About is Love 大约是爱

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

Spoiler

Hmmm. Perhaps one could say it stems from generations after generations of people’s morals breaking down. When older ones don’t properly teach the youth, and the young do not have proper respect of their elders; it’s a spirit of disobedience, a lack of love and respect for others. The Bible describes this typical pattern at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

Its definitely a form of selfishness. The only way to combat it, is to continuously display good conduct ourselves. :) Treat others as we’d like to be treated, and pray those others learn to behave. Hah! :P

In order to keep on topic here’s a MV I don’t think has been posted: 

@thunderman1 and @angelangie Well...if it hasn’t been said lately...we definitely appreciate your efforts! Thank you both for giving of your free time and efforts. I have seen your user ids all over soompi, but have been a silent reader till now. Haven’t been involved in a forum as this in such a long time; think it was the Kdrama Healer that got me to delurk for my first time. In any case, it’s been fun, and you two (and the many more people out there that contribute) should know that there are of us (hiding behind our computers!) that are deeply grateful. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Episode 20 and 21. Another great pair of episodes!  It's so much fun watching WQ helping ZS with her studies.  He's a mean teacher but clearly it is working!  I loved that he worked so hard to help he

Things just got so good with 20/21! I can’t wait for the next subbed episodes!  Thankful for who sub & upload. WQ is killing me slowly with that smile... dimples.

Ep 1-3 now subbed and available here: https://productiveprocrastination.site/2019/01/03/about-is-love-ep-1-3/

Finally started this drama . I watched episode 1-3 and had to stop because they only subbed up to episode 7. I will wait for some more episodes to be subbed. I am already hooked . The one thing I hate is the fact that video format I am watching this drama  is giving me some issue lately. I wished Viki had the license for this drama. It is really good. 

I have so questions @angelangie and thanks for the recommendation chingu. 

From the opening song of drama. 

Is Ming Cheng Ge Ge going to end up with Fei Fei’s roommate?

Is He Yu crushing on Zhou Shi? 

I love ZS’s nick name XiXi. So cute :wub::wub:

• Like 3

Welcome aboard @UnniSarah, to the AIL fandom.  Good to see u here.

To answer ur questions

1.yes, Ming Cheng ge is going to end up with fei fei's brainy flatmate.

2. Who is he Yu?  Is he Yu, ZS's classmate?  

Can I give some spoilers for you?

Spoiler

We have 3 OTP's in this drama.  ZS-WQ, FF-NF & MC-brainy girl

BTW, subtitles upto EP.9 is done.:grin:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Welcome aboard @UnniSarah, to the AIL fandom.  Good to see u here.

To answer ur questions

1.yes, Ming Cheng ge is going to end up with fei fei's brainy flatmate.

2. Who is he Yu?  Is he Yu, ZS's classmate?  

Can I give some spoilers for you?

Reveal hidden contents

We have 3 OTP's in this drama.  ZS-WQ, FF-NF & MC-brainy girl

BTW, subtitles upto EP.9 is done.:grin:

:D:heart:Thanks a lot @pad-hari for the spoilers. He Yi is Zhou Shi’s classmate. He was the guy who drew on her sweater that had the PLUM PAINT STAIN ON SWEATER LOOKING LIKE flowers.... 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

:D:heart:Thanks a lot @pad-hari for the spoilers. He Yi is Zhou Shi’s classmate. He was the guy who drew on her sweater that had the PLUM PAINT STAIN ON SWEATER LOOKING LIKE flowers.... 

Oh, that plum painting guy!!!! He has a big obsession on ZS and it will make him a bad guy in the end coz of that. You will see.:tears:

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

Can someone tell me why is the guy living upstairs weird asf lol omg he’s so weird I can’t lol. If I had him as neighbor, I would freak out lol. I’m up to episode 4.

U also want spoilers quite ahead, huh!!!! 

I am also not quite sure about this.  But he is wrongly influenced by one boy(actually that's a girl, she cross-dressed) not to believe anyone outsiders and only believe in himself.  So he will not get along with anybody.  He lives a lonely life under the guardianship of his art mentor and his wife.  Hope this helps!!! 

But at later parts of the drama, he is fun, really!!!!!:heart:

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

@pad-hari hahaha yes, I always look for spoilers haha. Thanks thoo for your explanation!

Anyways, that forced kiss at episode 5! :p

Started this drama a few hours ago and probably gonna finish it by the end of the week lmao.

The forced kiss between WQ & ZS:heart: more to come!!!!!:tounge_wink:

U mean to say, u can understand Chinese without ST's.  Good for you and I am jealous!!!!! I can understand Korean and Japanese to a little extent.  But I am not able to grasp Mandarin though.  That's why I started to watch more Chinese dramas these days. Jaiyou!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Helene Tian said:

@pad-hari hahaha yes, saw a lot on Instagram already :p. Yes lol, because I’m Chinese haha :)

Good luck for learning thoooo! Also, I’m up to episode 7. I don’t get why WQ wants to keep ZS next to him? I mean she can heal his disease? lol.

Oh yes, if u r on EP.7 you should have noted in EP.1 itself, I suppose.   She was the one who saved him from falling down from the bridge after he got drunk(coz he was dumped by one of the girls). He did not have any allergic reactions when ZS saved him from that incident even after touching him.  And when saving him, her necklace will fall off and he will try to find her with that.  So he will start pursuing her.

• Like 3

@Helene Tian  Actually, he is frustrated with his life.  He is a well settled man who cannot date any girls like an ordinary guy since he has this allergic reaction.  When anybody touch him, he has his body full of rashes.  He is not a playboy as everybody thinks of him.  He is trying to date the girls and check if he is ok when they touch him, he don't have any allergic reactions.  When our petite ZS come in contact with him, he seems to be fine and so he wants to keep her by his side always.  But this interaction later blooms into love between our OTP.  Hope this helps!!!!:grin:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

@pad-hari Yes, I got that but I still don’t understand why he wants to keep her I mean he’s not in love w/ her yet so what’s the point of keeping her lol? I’m kinda confused or should I watch more to understand lmao.

Welcome to the Obsession...I mean, the Party of “About is Love”. :blush:  Ohhhh you should definitely watch more...lol.

According to the drama, it’s been 10 years since he developed this negative reaction to people touching him, and there are other areas that his life is affected by this trauma. He’s closeted off, emotionally stunted, cold, scared and scarred, even the one woman who should be a source of comfort (his mother) shuns him. How can he survive life as a robot?? lol. If one looks at it this way, if the basic form of human touch can be so important to a newborn’s growth and development, can you imagine how this lack of touch and normal human affection affects a grown man with...(umm how to say it delicately)...certain needs? This particular woman may not be at first his type nor desirous, but since she fullfills this screaming flag in his life, he’d be a fool to let her go. Would the chance to have another by his side ever happen again? So he clings on...giving her presents and money, anything to keep her by his side, until he realizes how important and precious she is to him. And it brings life back to full circle...:D.

I LOVE this story! :blush::wub:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Thanks to the wonderful fan subbers, I have now watched up to episode 10, and this drama is my new crack! It's just what I need in the light and fluffy department. Ugh! It's so hard to wait for the next episode-I need my fix! LOL!  If I wasn't already addicted, I think this drama would be the perfect binge watch. I like that each of the 3 female friends gets her own romance story, so we have 3 couples to watch. Have to say the main couple story not quite what I expected as I thought male lead would tell female lead about his illness and then they would become friends working together for the cure and that leads to love, but instead female lead still doesn't know the situation and male lead is acting questionable behavior in manipulating trying to keep female lead  by his side.  I guess good news is they are at least talking about friendship, so maybe things will change soon.  Next subbed episode, please come soon! LOL!

• Like 4

@angelangie Love!! these new reaction emoticons!! :) Thanks!!

Spoiler

After a certain drama that ended this weekend, I think we all wanted to express more feels than just “confused” or “lol”, so happy to have “angry” and an “off-topic” buttons.

So P&P released ep 10 and 11 today. Whooo hoo! Just finished 10, and I’m gonna savor 11 during the week. 

I get your comment about WQ’s attitude.

Angelangie said: ”of course from the start WeiQing only want to make use of ZhouShi for his own gains”

:no_mouth: Now, when we originally watched this episode, I did get the sense that that’s what he was doing; tipping off the thugs to corner her in so he could pin her in...but that was a low blow of him!!!! Those thugs could have hurt her and her Mom! Thank goodness ZS’s friend FF warned her not to get involved with him like her old classmate. However, the poor girl just keeps on getting into sticky situations with him. Happy that she puts up such a strong stand!! You go my heroine!! LOL

(Oh my. This drama really gets me drawn into the plot.)

I can’t wait till he stops being a jerk and truly sincere. He becomes a better person to my happiness. :D

I am so happy to see more people liking this drama. Hope to hear more of people’s thoughts. :)

Edited by Jafstar
Added a quote, swapped thoughts and wrote more.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, angelangie said:

u will like it :) 

the WeiQing had always stay in doubt because of the way his mother treated him....even his own mother doesnt know that her son suffer....she shut her son out because of her husband death where she put the blame solely on him....

the father tried to right the wrong they did toward the son....however it was left too late with too little times....and fate had to play the prank on them as just as the dad realize how wrong he is in their treatment toward WeiQing, the God had decided to take away whatever times he had left and gave him a swift ending.....

so in a sense he is too use to ppl going after him for what he was able to give them....and he thought that money could solve everything and kept his illness hidden away.....however once WeiQing really open to ZhouShi you will see another obstacle....however you will like it :D  like me and @Jafstar .... bk then there was only 2 of us going insane on this series :D 

Thanks for your comments on Wei Qing background info. Hopefully we will see this in the episodes to come, more about WQ relationship with his parents and what happened to his father  and also what caused his illness.  I look forward to knowing more about all of that. I watched episode 11 today and it looks like (finally) things may be changing between him and Zhou Shi. I hope so as it will be nice to see ZS understand the situation and give the 2 main characters a deeper relationship. I mean, we are just few episodes from the halfway point in the drama and ZS still does not know the true reasons for WQ behavior.  After your comment about look forward to seeing what happens after Wei Qing opens up to Zhou Shi, now I can't wait for the next episodes! Oh, I'm hooked!

20 hours ago, Jafstar said:

@angelangie Love!! these new reaction emoticons!! :) Thanks!!

Reveal hidden contents

After a certain drama that ended this weekend, I think we all wanted to express more feels than just “confused” or “lol”, so happy to have “angry” and an “off-topic” buttons.

So P&P released ep 10 and 11 today. Whooo hoo! Just finished 10, and I’m gonna savor 11 during the week. 

I get your comment about WQ’s attitude.

Angelangie said: ”of course from the start WeiQing only want to make use of ZhouShi for his own gains”

:no_mouth: Now, when we originally watched this episode, I did get the sense that that’s what he was doing; tipping off the thugs to corner her in so he could pin her in...but that was a low blow of him!!!! Those thugs could have hurt her and her Mom! Thank goodness ZS’s friend FF warned her not to get involved with him like her old classmate. However, the poor girl just keeps on getting into sticky situations with him. Happy that she puts up such a strong stand!! You go my heroine!! LOL

(Oh my. This drama really gets me drawn into the plot.)

I can’t wait till he stops being a jerk and truly sincere. He becomes a better person to my happiness. :D

I am so happy to see more people liking this drama. Hope to hear more of people’s thoughts. :)

Yes- I look forward to the next episodes as well when Wei Qing will be honest with Zhou Shi and they can become closer with each other.  I'm getting sucked into this drama plot as well. Where is the next episode??LOL! I think I should have waited to start this drama when all the episodes were subbed so I could just binge, but oh well..too late! LOL!

19 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes he was very cynical about thing...and also due to how he was brought up.....he was left on his own to grow up....his dad care more about developing his arts skill rather than raising a son....

his mom care more about the husband rather than raising a son........

he was left to his own device and his own issues all alone.....he was clever enough on how to develop as well as how to horn his business skills all by himself....hence the company he had now.....it was all his own doing not his parents.....

his parents gave him the chance for education.....and also probably they were financially well supported for a bit with his dad arts skills which was well recognize....other than that....im not sure what else the parent taught him

You have good points about Wei Qing character and his relationship with parents and how it affected him. So far, I have not seen very much in the episodes, just a little bit with how his mother is cold to him and we have a flashback scene to when Ning Fei arrives at the house and both his mother and father are favoring Ning Fei to him. 

• Like 3

So I was checking out AIL’s page under MyDramaList, and came across what atsteryroses had to say about the title. I found it rather interesting, and so I quote her: ‘Okay so I was confused with the title as well but “About is Love” is basically the Chinese title (da yue shi ai) But like badly translated in my opinion. So, if it’s word for word the meaning will be “About is love” bc da yue means about/approximately/probably. “Shi ai” means it’s love. Therefore, that’s why the name is “About is Love” but can also be “It’s probably love” ‘

Personally, I prefer the later translation because it would flow nicer, but oh well drama has been made well! But for me, reading this commentator’s defining words make this drama become more full of depth. It’s Probably Love that prompts Wei Qing to act the way he does towards Zhou Shi, but he’s gotta travel a LONNNNG way to figure that fully out! Hahah. And it’s Probably Love to ZS as she figures out her school, work, finances, friendly-ties, and her entire life have been/are all linked to WQ.:wub: Yes...About is Love or Probably is Love. One thing is very clear; they are indefinitely linked together. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1