[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

Well, Go Ara/YJ character was supposed to be strong, but now she has become weak.. sigh.. yes, i know she has injuries but it diluted her scenes. With her being injured, im not sure how she can protect the King in the scenes when she cant run at all....  I miss the jokes between the two characters, to lighten the mood of the drama.

Now that YN is king... now is the fight with the political factions? and his brother again?

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Well, Go Ara/YJ character was supposed to be strong, but now she has become weak.. sigh.. yes, i know she has injuries but it diluted her scenes. With her being injured, im not sure how she can protect the King in the scenes when she cant run at all....  I miss the jokes between the two characters, to lighten the mood of the drama.

Now that YN is king... now is the fight with the political factions? and his brother again?

Thats why it weakness live shooting when actor get injured. The scripwriter need to change based on that.I feel its hard to Go Ara because she cannot show so much because pain and injured.Its look serious when Go ara just stand and cannot the fighting skill.. I hope one day Go Ara and Jung ill Wo will have next project together. 

We happy Yeo Jin can be show this time.. Because my opinion to many men of all scenes:P sometimes we want relax and happy situation

Episodes 33-36 aren't like the other episodes. It doesn't make anyone's heart beats fast, no goosebumps, not even the feeling of going up and down the rollercoaster ride.

B-U-T-! 

It is a part that will pierce your heart, slowly... :bawling:  and gradually, goes deep and deeper. 

The brotherly love between Yeoning and late King Gyeongjong ... Haechi has successfully made it dramatic! Also the brotherhood bond between MS and YJ and their sacrificial love for YN just to protect him, and YN's emptiness for letting go. 

These episodes are the transitioning period, a break to take a grasp of what is happening and is about to happen in the story before the finale. Good job, Haechi team on this part! 

As for YJ... 

I believe her role is originally going this way, and not just because Go Ara is injured. The only things they change, I think, are the parts where she is supposed to be in the scenes during the climactic episodes [the 6 episodes absence], and they just add up the reason for her absence, where she is secretly training to be a palace lady. Because even she is training or not, Queen Dowager will eventually seek for a qualified person from YN's side. She will be summoned from Saheonbu, still.

With that original plot in mind, YJ's status now as a palace lady is higher than being a damo, and she is trained by the queen, too! How noble is that?

However, still, the importance of her role goes down. So sad! And it happens not because Ara is injured. YJ's path is originally entering the palace, and still something is missing about her build up. To think only 6 episodes are left, her role is not fully developed yet compared to Yeongjo, Moonsoo, and DalMoon. Even the villains' characters have solid connection to the plot from the beginning. I can't feel it in YJ's role. I am expecting they are going to show Yeoji's backstory, saving it for the last blow, and the writer will surprise us to give her role a lasting impact since she is a main character, too, even so it's just fictional. Something like Kim Nam Gil's role in Queen Seondoek as Bidam. I am not suggesting to make her role as tragic and dark as that. But if the YeoYeo will end tragically, it will be acceptable if it would have that kind of impact.

I know Haechi is not about the romance, and although it mainly focuses on politics and Yeongjo's journey to the throne, don't forget it is a drama and not a documentary show. It should fulfill all the elements that they've used, all the ingredients should be well mixed and have put the right amount to achieve the right flavor. If one ingredient lacks, the whole thing lacks as well. 

But over all, I still love Haechi. And I admire the team for creating this one-of-a-kind sageuk. It is refreshing to watch a historical drama where the royal family are backing up each other, although their relationships are not perfect, too, but they are not killing or hurting each other for power and greed. 

6 more episodes left, so I will trust both the director and writer they will not disappoint us in the end and they are still patching up what are needed to patch up. 

Aja, aja! 

@realistic2280a @shynaz I think the writer and director can capitalize,  if you will call it that, on Go A Ra's injury by expanding Yeo Ji's role within the palace. She's supposed to be highly-skilled in covert investigation,  not just in martial arts. While it was good seeing her doing all those high kicks,  I think it will also be interesting if she can play the docile court maid who's actually a spy for the Queen Dowager and the King.  I,  for one,  would love to see Yeo Ji in action as an investigator.  :)

@yoo1 I personally thought the drama couldn't get more intense and interesting but I was wrong. Episodes 35-36 made things more interesting and complex. Now,  there's no telling who Yeongjo's allies and enemies are. He will truly have to use all his cunning and innate skill as a politician to navigate his way in court.  But I love how Minister Min, in spite of himself,  is giving him nuggets of political wisdom along the way. 

I also love how they handled the relationships of Moon Su,  Yeo Ji and Yeongjo. Moon Su knows how the King feels and now he also knows how Yeo Ji feels. The writer could have easily turned this into the usual love triangle trope,  but instead she elevated it and made it so that Moon Su realizes that Yeo Ji's love and concern for Yeongjo is a mirror of his own love and concern for his friend and King. And that the sacrifices they're both making - her giving up her freedom as a damo to become a court lady and him giving up his position as inspector - is just two sides of the same coin. They both do it because they love Yeongjo and therein lies their understanding of each other. Even if Moon Su did have romantic feelings of his own for Yeo Ji,  he will never resent her or Yeongjo because he loves them both. That, to me, is a very refreshing take on a "love triangle". 

Of course,  I'm with you in hoping that they show more scenes showing Yeongjo and Yeo Ji interacting more frequently, especially now that she's in the palace. It actually gives them more opportunity to spend together, rather than if she stayed a damo. She wouldn't have had any reason to be in the King's presence as such,  because her rank would be too insignificant to merit a personal audience with him. So it's all for the good that she's now a court lady. :)

On 4/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, shynaz said:

I think more people will know after the drama finished already... And say why missed this drama... 

Im ready to watch episode 35 and 36..I hope I dindnt cry tonight episode after yesterday... 

@shynaz yes, but viewers after the drama has aired won’t do anything for its ratings anymore, which I believe is a huge factor when it comes to awards and recognition in the Korean entertainment industry. Better if they get onboard now while there are still about 3 weeks to go. 

By the way,   the little boy of Han Jeong Seok seemed to have just disappeared. I hope they explain what happened to him.  And was the death ledger ever found? I don't remember if it was ever resolved. 

I hope the writer resolves loose plot ends like the back stories of important characters like Dal Moon,  Moon Su and Yeo Ji.

For example,  maybe they can do some flashbacks to explain Yeo Ji's absence by also showing how she took care of loose ends before going into court lady training. One of them would be entrusting Jeong Seok's son to a family she can trust to take care of him. Then maybe she sells off his house since she can never go back there anyway.  Maybe she can be telling Yeongjo about what happened. And maybe she can also tell him about herself and how she came to be a damo and living with the Han family. 

I wonder how they'll manage this... 

4 minutes ago, yoo1 said:

@yoo1 well,  it looks like all dramas with nominations had high ratings. I don't know if there are any award-giving bodies in Korea that select dramas and actors based on critical reviews and nor ratings or popularity. 

On 4/10/2019 at 8:20 AM, gerrytan8063 said:

@mrsj3n

"Actually I don't understand.....Why is court lady / palace maid = king's woman??...Is that supposed to be taken literally?"

I had wrote on the subject in page 20 with regards to Ha Cho Hong being a sanggung.

As per @spark101 have explained, the ladies who work in the palace household e.g. Court Ladies  (Sanggung 상궁 尚宮) & palace maids (Nain, 나인 ) are the "chattel" of the King therefore they belong to the King & prohibit to marry hence the King's woman & it is a lifetime employment to serve the King & his Royal Family & not allow to leave the palace unless old age, death or ill & sometimes "retrench" due to time of calamities e.g. drought. Even if they are release from service, the rule of marriage still applies

If you are lucky enough that the King wants you as a bedfellow, you will to be bestowed effectual sign of grace & favour (Seung Eun, 승은,承恩)

For example, Yi Geum's mother Royal Noble Consort Sukbin of Choe clan

In the palace, she was just a 9th rank Musuri (무수) receive Sukjong's effectual sign of grace & favour & was promoted to 5th rank then enter Naegwan (내관, 內官) & became a 1st rank Royal Consort

I actually didn't get this either. So being a court lady essentially would mean that YJ is now one of the King's women? I assume that if the King's Empress was actually a kind person and not a power seeker, that we would most likely not want a romance line between YJ and Yeongjo. So I assume if the King really wanted, he could summon YJ and have her remain "his woman," so to say. I highly doubt that his character would force YJ to stay, but the romance line between the two is actually quite well executed.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, realistic2280a said:

I agree that when YJ heard that Mun-su left the palace; I am sure that if Go Ara was not injured that she would have chased after him and tossed him a lot of questions and then judge him for leaving Yeongjo/Yeoning. I also miss the little comedic scenes; although we did get one with the Saheonbu pals with the ginseng, I miss the relief between Mun-su, Yeoning, and Yeo Ji. 

I loved how they executed the scenes when Gyeongjong died and Yeoning cut his hand to give him blood. The conversation and Yeoning begging his brother not to die-- actually calling him "Hyung-nim" really shook me to the core. It was really emotional, and now that Mil Poong is back on track to harm Yeoning, he's got to be on top of his feet (especially with the plague). Oof, Yeoning was so CLOSE to finding out that Yeo Ji is now a Court Lady! I cannot WAIT for him to find out and give her a scolding (as we all remember him telling her to NOT become a court lady... But now that he's king... Is there anything different?)

Now that the Norons and Sorons are kind of split, I actually want see more of the political division and how Yeongjo deals with all of these issues around him. Obviously he blamed himself for his brother's death in the pressure of Norons, and I can't help but feel now that all of his three trusted persons are ALL resigning at the same time. Although I am almost sure that it will NOT be the last time that we see those three, especially Mun-su. Can't wait for next week (but yet I don't want this drama to end?)

Just wanted to give a shout out to all of the actors and actresses in the drama -- it makes me happy, sad, and a twirl of emotions.

@xprosperity hello!  Yup, I think Yeo Ji is now technically the King's "woman" although not necessarily in the sense that she shares his bed.  Anyway, she is under the Queen Dowager's Palace so she's her court lady.  But I would think the King can always exercise his right to get her to become one of his since they all belong to him ultimately.  

Anyway, even if Yeongjo were to do that, I think he would exercise control and respect her wishes.  Unless provoked, I guess.  Hahaha!  :D

"Haechi" Lead Actor Jung Il-woo Poses With Mom on Set

photo1052234.jpg

On March 10th, "Haechi" lead actor Jung Il-woo posted a photograph of himself decked out in full regal costume with his mother, who was visiting the set that day. The family resemblance is clear.

photo1052233.jpg

She has good reason to be proud. At thirty one years of age, Jung Il-woo's career has had ups and downs, but he's now playing the lead character in a top-rated mainline network drama. "Haechi" airs Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM KST on SBS.

source

i'm so glad to see YN-YJ interaction, FINALLY :wub:

can someone pls briefly tell us what the preview says? thanks.

hmm ... maybe JIW's mom was at the set to check out her future daughter-in-law :D ... just my wistful thinking 

Gosh, I'm itching to watch the last two episodes but sleep and work have been consuming me nowadays funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-24_19-36-05.gif  .

2 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

i'm so glad to see YN-YJ interaction, FINALLY :wub:

can someone pls briefly tell us what the preview says? thanks.

hmm ... maybe JIW's mom was at the set to check out her future daughter-in-law :D ... just my wistful thinking 

OMG, you're not the only one, dear funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-23_18-29-13.gif  . When I first saw Il Woo's post with his mother and him wearing that hanbok means that it's the set of Haechi, hmmm..so mother meets daughter-in-law funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-24_19-37-23.gif  . Give me five! :kiss_wink:

Hahaha @hahanzyy @lightbringer06 you guys are so funny!  Although I think Jung Il Woo and Go Ara have known each other even as teenage commercial models so it wouldn't be too farfetched if they're quite friendly with each other and that his mom might know her. :)

I hope and wish the writer and director would fill in the gaps of Yeongjo and Yeo Ji's developing relationship through flashback scenes. They can show scenes that were never shown in earlier episodes about their interaction in between moments of trying to get the bad guys. Like maybe,  an extended scene of them having a conversation when Yeo Ji remained at Yeoning's summer house to take notes on the Buddhist temple where Yi Tan's ledger is hidden. They had already started talking on a more personsal level that time,  which Yeo Ji herself initiated when she wondered why men didn't seem to want to treat her like a little sister.  I think that would have been one of the best times that they could have gotten to know each other a little better since it was one of the few times that it was just the two of them. :rolleyes:

On another note,  I just saw Il Woo's kiss scene in Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and it was quite hot. I hope he gets to kiss Ara the same way in Haechi.  :P

c15cfdb939cd4622b545f53230f750ff.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo And Lee Kyung Young Show Teamwork Behind The Scenes Of “Haechi”

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Haechi” has shared new stills of Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young focused on their script behind the scenes.

Haechi” is a historical drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a troublesome prince who cannot become a king. In an attempt at claiming the throne, he is accompanied by a detective (Go Ara), a royal inspector (Kwon Yool), and a street clown (Park Hoon).

haechi2-540x360.jpg

The two look like brothers as they practice their lines and share advice, making viewers more excited about their chemistry on-screen.

The latest episode marked the beginning of Prince Yeoning’s new era. Min Jin Heon (Lee Kyung Young) was revealed to have collaborated with the prince, stating that he would be by his side from now on.

The production staff shared, “Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young showcase a strong junior to senior relationship on set. The two look after each other as Jung Il Woo frequently seeks advice from Lee Kyung Young, who in turn has endless praise for the younger actor. Viewers will be able to see more from their relationship in the future, so please look forward to it.”

source

On 4/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, irilight said:

Jung Il Woo And Lee Kyung Young Show Teamwork Behind The Scenes Of “Haechi”

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Haechi” has shared new stills of Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young focused on their script behind the scenes.

Haechi” is a historical drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a troublesome prince who cannot become a king. In an attempt at claiming the throne, he is accompanied by a detective (Go Ara), a royal inspector (Kwon Yool), and a street clown (Park Hoon).

The two look like brothers as they practice their lines and share advice, making viewers more excited about their chemistry on-screen.

The latest episode marked the beginning of Prince Yeoning’s new era. Min Jin Heon (Lee Kyung Young) was revealed to have collaborated with the prince, stating that he would be by his side from now on.

The production staff shared, “Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young showcase a strong junior to senior relationship on set. The two look after each other as Jung Il Woo frequently seeks advice from Lee Kyung Young, who in turn has endless praise for the younger actor. Viewers will be able to see more from their relationship in the future, so please look forward to it.”

source

Ohhhhh. I would love for these two actors to reunite in a serious film together. Or another drama. The idea of a cynical but brilliant politician like Min Jin Heon mentoring an equally brilliant though inexperienced King Yeongjo is just so much my crack right now. :rolleyes:

Archived